• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Not one but two anonymous angels wanted to get the word out about a hidden gem of a comic, feraligatr's Dear Sergio. This Shield Nuzlocke follows Sergio and his best only friend Hop!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

First World Problems

Thread Description
For general venting if you feel you need it.

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him/It
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
I can't get a job in the field I graduated with a certificate for (CADD) without a driver's license. My dad refuses to teach me how to drive until I have a job. I've already had to re-test for my learner's permit once due to it expiring.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
My dad refuses to teach me how to drive until I have a job.
Honestly? You can take the driving test as many times as needed. Depending on where you are, the test might not even be difficult. Maybe he'll be moved if you get the license first?

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
One of my car tires has a nail in it, but because my schedule is a mess, I can't take it to go get it fixed. Luckily it's only a slow leak rather than going completely flat.
And now another tire has a nail in it :cybercrime:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
I've basically become the default tech person at work, in one of my classes (which is almost over, but still), and at home.

All I do is use Google, actually take the time to figure out basic things such as apps, and/or just read what things say. I'm not anywhere close to a tech guru in any regard and I don't want to be. In a lot of cases, people just don't want to take the time to figure these things out and go "fix this" or "how do?"

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
I’m a close contact as of yesterday, and my school is going online.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Continuing car woes: last week my mom's car's battery died, so we've been having to share my car so we can both go to work. We bought a new battery yesterday, but haven't had the chance to put it in.

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just won’t make cents.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
I was banned off fandom, and why? Fucking opinion disrespectors that’s what, and for some reason they banned my entire IP. I have no fucking idea what now. Any help?

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
I got a fitbit a couple of weeks back to help me track my exercise and sleep with a degree of accuracy, and it's been very helpful in that respect!

watching my daily resting heart rate spike or dip entirely based on whether i'm on set has been a wild and not wholly appreciated ride, however

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
My cat has recently decided climbing on my chest/shoulders is her new favorite thing to do. Which is cute, but can also be painful if she doesn't watch the claws. Not to mention I really do not want cat butt in my face...

Also, I was going to get my car registration today, but it rained yet again (it's been raining almost every day since the end of April, and it wasn't just a little rain-it was a big storm). But I don't really have another chance to go this week because of my schedule...

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be organised and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every cat in the world.
me yesterday: "okay uni, i am a tired student who's just trying my best, what's my final exam before i'm done with you"

uni: "oh just write ~4500 words about international politics in around 6 hours, and this time can u cite empirical evidence and UN documents too xx"

me: "...what-"

uni: "also! this paper contains some horrifying case studies complete with easily researchable images which will give you nightmares before your final exam! and we combine random topics into each question so good :) luck :)"

also it's the day after said final exam and. my body is like "relax, rest" but i feel like i don't want to rest and i have to be productive so i am. looking up jobs and running around doing errands and hoping i don't burn myself out, idk why all of a sudden but i feel like i have to be super productive even though i'm exhausted

Last edited:

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
This is such a petty complaint but man it's annoying trying to use my mouse or controllers with this wrist splint lmao

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Got completely drenched yesterday by sideways rain that an umbrella was basically useless against, especially since it was also windy 😖

InfiniteRiver

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Is most often observed trying her hardest. Whether it really is has never been verified in the wild.
I'm stuck in an interesting catch-22 of first-world problems right now concerning a college scholarship...
If I get the scholarship, half of my college for next year is paid for, but i'll have to rearrange my schedule and hope a spot opens up for me in an 8am that already has a waitlist... and it's necessary for my major
If I don't get it, i can keep my schedule totally as-is but i'm financially on the hook for that aforementioned ca$h money

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
My Switch SD card port has broken and locked me out of 90% of my games since the native storage is so tiny (16 GB but like half of it is taken up by I don't even know what). I feel like my Switch is aggressively trying to make me get the OLED model.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
A strange and unusual creature, normally shy, but he likes to make friends.
I'm in my final year of High School, in the final term, and the only thing I'm genuinely worried about failing in is Drama. First of all, there is my IP (individual project). I was originally going to write a script, and it was going well, but then I got writer's block for several months, and my Drama teacher insisted that I just "finish it anyway." That only made me more stressed, and made it even more difficult to make myself write, and so the whole project was basically ruined. He also insisted that I give him unfinished drafts; something which I did not want to do, because I don't handle criticism well and would prefer to have it finished before I started editing it. He also kept claiming that I "hadn't put enough research" into it, (despite the fact that I always thouroughly reseach things before forming an opinion), simply because he didn't agree with the political opinions in the play. Then my Drama teacher left, and got replaced with someone else. She didn't have any experience in anything other than performance, and so she pressured our class into doing monologues for our IPs. I eventually agreed to it, simply because with the way my motivation was going, my play was never going to get finished anyway. So I wrote a monologue for myself instead, and whilst she did like most of it, she said that I'd need to make a few major changes to it. The problem? It's due in two weeks. I have to learn all 7 minutes of it, and she thinks she may want to change it?!! Pain.

The group project is even worse.

We just simply did not meet up enough, and as of a week ago, we only had a few scenes for it. (About 3-4 minutes, the group project is meant to be at least 10 minutes long.) Then something even worse happened: One of my four classmates dropped out of Drama. Which, at this point, I don't blame her, but now we somehow have to replace her, and make up more content, and, like the IP, it's due in two weeks. My whole class is screwed, and I say this as the current top student in Drama.

Music isn't going too great either, but I'm not worried about that because my scores aren't going to dramatically impact everyone else's. I only managed to pick my performance pieces last week (I had to have 4). For two of them, I'm playing guitar and singing. In another, I'm playing bass and singing. The final one, I'm just singing. (And it's a Queen song. Horray!) I have to somehow fit getting a band to play with me into my already busy schedule. Pain.
Also, my teacher was really against me doing a bass piece; the only reason I learned guitar was so that I could get alright marks. But I'm a bassist at heart. I had to return to my bass-playing roots at least once. I'm also really, really good at it.

I'm not worried too much about art, I just have to finish that comic page that I started a few months ago. I also may draw something related to my anxiety to give my art a "deeper meaning" or whatever. For that, I was thinking of drawing myself cowering away from a ringing telephone, as at the moment, the main barrier for me to getting the mental health help I need is my fear of talking to people over the phone. I. Can't. Call. People. And nobody will do it for me. My foster parents refuse to, because I'm "basically an adult now, and moving out of home soon, so I have to learn to talk to people". I need medical help in order to get over my anxiety. They're boomers, they don't get that.

At least Hospitality and English aren't hassles at all. I don't have to do HSC exams for either of them. I still have to do the Trial for Hospo, though. Plus there's a random event that I keep forgetting to do. My teacher, for some reason, thinks that I've done it already.

The final problem I have is my University applications. I changed my legal name; I need the proof of name change certificate to apply to uni. It hasn't arrived, and I applied for a name change nearly 6 months ago. I am not applying to uni with my deadname. I'm even more stressed about it because I'm not getting an ATAR, so I have to apply with Early Entry. Which means I'm going to have to get my application in soon. But without my legal name change, I can't do that. I am very stressed. Between all this, I have my comic, but that's honestly not so bad.
I spoilered the rant because it got a little long, nobody has to actually read it. Sometimes, just ranting into the void makes it feel a little better.

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Dipping my toe into the Pokemon TCG Online game here and...

How can it have taken me so long to realise that Splash Energy cards ARE NOT the water version of Double Colourless energy cards?! I gotta start reading my cards before I play them rather than relying on the pretty pictures... Silly brain.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Zephyr locks are the FINICKIEST MOTHERFUCKERS IN EXISTENCE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)