• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

First World Problems

Thread Description
For general venting if you feel you need it.

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Well, first time posting here in what has probably been awhile! So for like the past week and a half/two weeks I’ve been under the impression I had an eye infections. And then I was having certain problems that couldn’t be explained via eye infection. So yeah, came back to the clinic that diagnosed me with said infection, and now it turns out it’s Bell’s Palsy! Fortunately it’s mild, but this basically means my freaking right eye won’t close on it’s own or even blink! So yeah, now I’m going have to take eyedrops again, constantly wear my glasses, and physically shut my eye with tape whenever I go to bed.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
SNOW IN FUCKING OCTOBER.

At this rate, our kids are going to be asking us what this mysterious season called "Autumn" was like.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
My cat accidentally scratched my toe running across my foot the other night.
Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't the toe with an ingrown nail, or if it hadn't drawn blood 😖

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
I went to a sleep study, and I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I'm not exactly surprised, given that my dad has it, but I was hoping that I didn't have yet another medical issue in my life.

Fuck 2020.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
requested an introduction to someone, got it via email,

spent about five -- maybe six now??? days worrying about what to write and hae probably through delay already cooked it

who invented this vile form of communication

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
SNOW IN FUCKING OCTOBER.

At this rate, our kids are going to be asking us what this mysterious season called "Autumn" was like.
As someone from Texas, I had the opposite problem. It wasn't fall weather until last week (before then, it was in the mid-eighties), and it's still fairly warm in the daytime. I genuinely can remember when September was cold.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
I cut my head on some equipment at work tonight...at first I thought I just hit my head on it, but then I realized it was bleeding, which was very unpleasant (it was pretty minor though).

Much more minor FWP: the "r" key on my keyboard is sticking.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
First day of vacation, it's currently 39* F outside and feels like it's 31*F, and my pilot light is out. I am very cold.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Got an eye exam for the first time in a few years because my dog chewed my glasses (Thankfully they were able to get me in in just under two hours). When it comes to eyes, 0.25 to 2.00 in either direction is considered mild, 2.25 to 5.00 is considered moderate, and a number greater than 5 in either direction is considered high. Plus is farsighted and minus is nearsighted.

My eyes are -5.25 and -5.50 respectively. I knew I was very near sighted, but not quite that severe. The best part is I have a risk of having retinal tears and thus need my eyes checked and specifically dilated every year! Fun!

Plus, if I can't get glasses in a timely manner, I can't do much of anything until they get here. No driving, no work, possibly no classes (I can at least probably attend, but not interact much because it's through a chat mostly).

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Schoolwork sucks. That’s all.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Got an eye exam for the first time in a few years because my dog chewed my glasses (Thankfully they were able to get me in in just under two hours). When it comes to eyes, 0.25 to 2.00 in either direction is considered mild, 2.25 to 5.00 is considered moderate, and a number greater than 5 in either direction is considered high. Plus is farsighted and minus is nearsighted.

My eyes are -5.25 and -5.50 respectively. I knew I was very near sighted, but not quite that severe. The best part is I have a risk of having retinal tears and thus need my eyes checked and specifically dilated every year! Fun!
As someone who also is horribly nearsighted and needs the dilation every year, it does get easier. Though if it makes you feel any better, my eyes are far worse than yours. My right eye is -11.5 and my left eye is -13. I've also recently been reminded that even if technology does improve, it's highly likely that Lasik will not work for me since my eyes are so bad. Any improvements are likely to be minimal at best, so I'd be looking at thinner lenses with no actual improvement in sight.

Which means that my mom is trying to nag me into getting that surgery where they slice your eye open and put a lens inside it while you're awake to which I say 'Absolutely not, I don't want to have surgery on my eyes while I'm conscious especially if it involves slicing open my eyeballs!' So, yeah.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost studies constantly and wishes that they had more energy for creative projects. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
@SimplyUnknown oh god that surgery sounds horrifying, I'm so so sorry D: I hope there's another way to fix it that doesn't involve that

For me, graduate scheme applications while doing uni work are difficult - there's like 95-100 applicants per role as graduate job postings are down, and everything is very competitive. Tailoring my CV and preparing for complicated questions/tests/interviews for these companies takes hours but I've received no specific feedback upon rejections. Ppeople on LinkedIn including other applicants are trashing the only ways of getting experience/credibility that I've been able to obtain since March (virtual internships, free/v cheap upskilling courses and uni projects) and LinkedIn in general seems to expect the perfect grades and career as standard. I'm trying to not let everything get me down, but it's not been easy

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Today is my father's birthday, and some of his friends from church made him a giant red velvet cake (with frosting) as a gift! What's the problem with free cake?

Well, my father recently got diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. And apparently the baker failed to get the news before finishing the cake.

Now I've got to finish a giant-ass red velvet cake all by myself. I'll be surprised if I can still look at cake the same way when I'm finished with the damn beast.

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
I got a 68% on a test. At least if I got a 69%, I could be proud of it.

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Had to take my cat to the vet a few days ago to check on an infection that hasn't cleared up yet, but because of an emergency patient they had to reschedule and didn't have any times free til after Thanksgiving. She got a tiny bit worse over those few days and I'm out of the medicated ointment now. Currently sitting anxiously in my car as she's being examined inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)