• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

First World Problems

Thread Description
For general venting if you feel you need it.

Sirwallaby

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Our landlord soaked my tv and DVD player in water. The DVD player was covered in water. Every part of it, bottom to front to sides had water and apparently the water even poured out of it. The tv wasn't as bad but it still got wet in the worst place for it to get wet and has water places I can't reach to dry off. If either of those got broken which my dvd player probably is I am going to make her pay to replace them and that is completely non negotiable, especially considering the dvd is mine and not a family possession.

I'm just really glad I bought a tv for my room and moved my ps4 in there or I'd be about to throw hands.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Just when I was trying to get back into Person of Interest, Netflix announces that they're taking the show off in 2 days.

This is really my fault since I've had all quarantine to finish the series, but...LEMME COMPLAIN DAMMIT

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Just when I was trying to get back into Person of Interest, Netflix announces that they're taking the show off in 2 days.

This is really my fault since I've had all quarantine to finish the series, but...LEMME COMPLAIN DAMMIT
Binge! Binge like your life depends on it!

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
RTX 3080.

Yep, that about covers it...

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Apparently I have AAA and AAAA batteries to last for years, but not a single AA in my battery stash. And of course my AA-powered mouse dies on me without even a low battery warning...

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokémon has more introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperament.
I bought an affordable copy of a PS1 game, but it looks super blurry on my HD TV. If only my CRT wasn't in storage...

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
My laptop is BSODing with some nonsensical error code every so often. Luckily I haven't really lost any work or anything, but it's really annoying, especially since I don't know why...

Also I think I'm getting an ingrown toenail again :cybercrime:

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
My old headphones are completely dead, but my new ones aren't here yet - even though they're technically just down the street waiting to be loaded onto a delivery truck. FedEx has apparently decided my package is "not eligible for early delivery". So even though it arrived at 2am last night to the local hub, it didn't go out because it's "scheduled" for tomorrow. Furthermore, I can't pick it up myself because the seller has placed "restrictions" on the shipment. Seriously?!...

With my luck they probably won't show up until like 8pm tomorrow, too.

Edit: they in fact showed up at 9:30pm. Thanks, FedEx. This is why I never purposely use your services for residential deliveries.

Last edited:

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost studies constantly and wishes that they had more energy for creative projects. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
love my uni, two days before i move back into it, making me responsible for the COVID testing and organisation of that for people in (potentially) multiple accommodation blocks/"households" as well as my own. they appointed me as a "lead" w/o my consent or knowledge, and cced all others in my "household" to let them know i have this responsibility. i've had to say why i'm not in a position to carry out those tasks to a stranger in an attempt to get the weight taken off, so others in my household will also soon know that i'm someone who had to ditch a task. i'm legit just an undergrad - with a lot of mh problems which prevent me from doing things at points - and i do not cope well with large and very unexpected things like what the uni's just said.

my uni has made me cry many, many, many times over the years but i can't recall it making me cry before the year even started

edit; thankfully it turns out i'm not even the "lead" they cced the "Dear Lead" email to everyone but didn't say who the "lead" was, 10/10 emailing here ;p but at least it's a relief

Last edited:

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
I just discovered that writting two essays on the same week can do a number to your mental health, because I´ve been feeling like garbage ever since I finished both the assigments.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Apparently I am doomed to sleep no more than 3 hours today. This is gonna be a looong day lol

Sirwallaby

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
I'm on an unavoidable road trip with both my cats to go stay with family (as our landlord insisted in moving back into the house and is not being even remotely safe) and I got altitude sickness yesterday and am still suffering from the effects. (Mostly in the form of mild nausea, but Nausea and stomach pain is my one true weakness I cannot take.) I can safely say that I hate altitude sickness and never want to experience it again.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
I whacked my leg on a bedpost...ugh it hurts like a bitch, especially since it hit right above my knee :cybercrime:

War Anvil

Life is too short to be little.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Cool, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I like your Sakurai, but not your players. Your players are so unlike your Sakurai.
I found that the .NET capabilities of PKHeX were broken after a PC update I had earlier today. For context, I found the "NET v4.0.30319" error after opening PKHeX while I was doing my Egglocke.

I panicked and uninstalled anything I had with "Microsoft .NET" and tried to reinstall .NET Framework 4.6.1 and onward, but no dice. I have some knowledge about PCs here, but I'm hopeless with trying to get .NET working again!

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Does anyone else have that annoying problem where you get an email saying that your package has arrived and then you go to check and they delivered it to the wrong house? Because that happened today and the stuff I ordered is heavy.

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Does anyone else have that annoying problem where you get an email saying that your package has arrived and then you go to check and they delivered it to the wrong house? Because that happened today and the stuff I ordered is heavy.
This. Or sometimes:
"
Hi mewstein,
Your parcel has been posted through your letterbox.
How was your delivery?
"

Lies, damn lies! He left it on my doorstep where it could've got nicked or rained on... or both.

Today's FWP is that turning on my amp causes my internet connection to die. F-ing magnets, how do they work?

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I just dropped a brand new, unopened bottle of sesame oil and it shattered. $15 gone, just like that, plus now my kitchen floor smells like a chinese takeout store.

Guess I'm off to buy another bottle.

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
I need to get my immunization records to sign up for classes for next semester. But my doctor's office either didn't get my request or is super dragging their feet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)