• NOTICE: Potential Site Downtime on December 7, 2020.

This is a preliminary notice that you may experience some downtime on December 7, 2020, due to some backend adjustments.

If you attempt to access the Nuzlocke Forums on or around this date, and receive any sort of failure to connect notice, please alert the Nuzlocke Forums Tech Team on Discord (@Tech Team role).

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

First World Problems

Thread Description
For general venting if you feel you need it.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
I am... incredibly antsy as of late. But why? I'm waiting to hear back on zine applications. On posting fanfics I wrote for events. I posted one today (and you all should read it! It's lovely!) but waiting for everything else is slowly eating me alive!!!!!!

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
This current hot and humid weather with 34 degrees Celsius is killing me... it's also even more unbearable at those current times when being forced to wear a mask in the bus and train for about an hour . At least I'm not working anywhere where I have to wear one the whole day and at my workplace we have air coolers.

And did I mention the many insect stings I got the previous weeks especially on my feet and ankles? I didn't deal with those since years but this year? Savage.

Sirwallaby

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
I've been dealing with insomnia for the past few days. It's not fun when I actually want to sleep and can't.

I've literally never been able to sleep well in my life, not even as an actual baby.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
My college literally axed their usual break in half, and will start classes on early September.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Got rejected from a zine I really wanted to be in. Knew it was coming.

Still sucks.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
My wifi is shitty af and it's really aggravating.

Also, too much stuff to do and not enough time to do it all...

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
My wifi is shitty af and it's really aggravating.

Also, too much stuff to do and not enough time to do it all...
I read that as ‘My wife...’ for a moment there!

My gripe of the day is the awful indigestion I’ve been having recently - and getting all jiggy and excited about possibly picking up Bad Apples again is NOT helping matters..,

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost studies constantly and wishes that they had more energy for creative projects. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
dear some long-dead philosopher from the 1880s onwards:

please do not make your books deliberately incomprehensible (no, i don't care about your "aphoristic style" just please don't start an idea in one paragraph, ramble and then finish the idea five paragraphs later) and then complain in salty letters that no-one buys your books because they don't understand them. it's literally the surprised pikachu meme in action

do not then proceed to make an autobiography with chapters named after elitist things like "Why I Am So Wise" "Why I Write Such Excellent Books" etc and expect people to not get put off entirely. i'm just over here like: cool story bro ;p

also, just because you got rejected one time does not give you the right to be salty about women in the middle of a serious piece of philosophical work. i too have been dumped recently and there is such a thing as getting over it, remembering the that the woman you were dating has entirely valid feelings and just generally not being a sexist prick. yes you were writing in the late 1800s but so were very early feminist writers, making you shit at this even by the standards of the era

i am trying very hard to understand what some socially progressive anarchists saw in you for my dissertation. but as interesting as your pre-existentialist critiques and attacks on sources of power were, which have inspired really fascinating feminist and anarchist interpretations and influences, you really did not make things easy for yourself. also, the woman who rejected you was probably smarter than you and it's a shame she isn't studied more.

sincerely, me in 2020 who is trying to not yell at your ebooks ;p i'd forgotten just how frustrating i found parts of them
ps: harvard referencing everything for a full bibliography on everything i've ever read about the topic takes Ages Why

Last edited:

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
dear some long-dead philosopher from the 1880s onwards:

please do not make your books deliberately incomprehensible (no, i don't care about your "aphoristic style" just please don't start an idea in one paragraph, ramble and then finish the idea five paragraphs later) and then complain in salty letters that no-one buys your books because they don't understand them. it's literally the surprised pikachu meme in action

do not then proceed to make an autobiography with chapters named after elitist things like "Why I Am So Wise" "Why I Write Such Excellent Books" etc and expect people to not get put off entirely. i'm just over here like: cool story bro ;p

also, just because you got rejected one time does not give you the right to be salty about women in the middle of a serious piece of philosophical work. i too have been dumped recently and there is such a thing as getting over it, remembering the that the woman you were dating has entirely valid feelings and just generally not being a sexist prick. yes you were writing in the late 1800s but so were very early feminist writers, making you shit at this even by the standards of the era

i am trying very hard to understand what some socially progressive anarchists saw in you for my dissertation. but as interesting as your pre-existentialist critiques and attacks on sources of power were, which have inspired really fascinating feminist and anarchist interpretations and influences, you really did not make things easy for yourself. also, the woman who rejected you was probably smarter than you and it's a shame she isn't studied more.

sincerely, me in 2020 who is trying to not yell at your ebooks ;p i'd forgotten just how frustrating i found parts of them
ps: harvard referencing everything for a full bibliography on everything i've ever read about the topic takes Ages Why
*Hard glare at Nietzsche*

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost studies constantly and wishes that they had more energy for creative projects. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
*Hard glare at Nietzsche*
skfhgjkd,fvsjJDSHF\GDHJGDSJDSJFHSDJ *hides* so, i didn't name the philosopher because i'm worried about being perceived as being like some of his readers - aka like some 16 year old angsty edgelord with a fedora. (i'm 21 and genuinely do my best to be a decent, unproblematic person ds.kfjhdgjkdfh) but i made the philosopher v easy to guess ;p of c that's not a bad thing at all, i am just not very subtle - i would not make it as a spy or anything ;p

but yes i. also am glaring massively @ him. i may or may not have massively told off his ebooks these past few days, and wrote an extract just to get my dissertation frustrations out of my system ;p so in short, you glaring @ him is incredibly valid also xD of c you don't need me to say it's valid but it is 100% 💜

EDIT: also @mewstein i forgot to say i'm so sorry but i really hope your indigestion clears up as soon as possible! 💜 also i remember reading "bad apples" ages ago on the old forums and it was super cool, good luck with any future projects/updates about it xD

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
I read that as ‘My wife...’ for a moment there!

My gripe of the day is the awful indigestion I’ve been having recently - and getting all jiggy and excited about possibly picking up Bad Apples again is NOT helping matters..,
My new FWP is that I laughed too hard at that misreading 🤣
Also I hope you feel better soon :c

Today's FWP: when the grocery store decides to remodel and move everything around in the middle of the pandemic. Shopping was already enough of a hassle before they started remodeling, but now trying to find stuff is even more of a pain on top of it 😒

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
A bunch of kids just learned several brand new words, courtesy of me, a hot summer morning, and a lawn mower that only works when it wants to fucking work.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
I had a root canal done several years ago because I suck at dental hygiene. A couple years ago, it chipped but it hadn't been a problem. Until today when it decided to break more.

And if that wasn't a first world problem enough, I also don't have dental insurance unlike last time when I was under my parents. Hooray US health insurance and me being too broke to even get anything besides the basics! [/thebiggestamountofsarcasm]

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
I got a letter from the major political party that I am not a part of, for some reason (I won't specify which), asking for support, and the language used made me upset and anxious that a) there are a lot of people working hard for causes I strongly disagree with and b) my country really is dealing (or failing to deal) with a powerful divide between its members.

Clockenstein

invisible hero
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
~/forums/nuzf/users/c/clockenstein/data/public/
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Fatal kernel error: 'DEX_BASIC' not found.
Remote learning is an absolute blight. Already missed two classes through my alarms and the ONE time I did show up, the instructor refused to mark me present for the reason that I spent the first twenty minutes configuring my audio settings to be able to hear him in the first place. Three absences in a row now. Hate everything about this.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
god i am mentally exhausted

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
tfw people don't want to come to work so you end up having to stay almost two extra hours on top of what was originally a 10 hour shift...I don't recall the last time I was that tired 😔

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
My car is due it’s 60,000 mile service but it’s so covered in bird poop and filled with mud, leaves and bits of twig that I’m too embarrassed to take it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)