• NOTICE: Potential Site Downtime on December 7, 2020.

This is a preliminary notice that you may experience some downtime on December 7, 2020, due to some backend adjustments.

If you attempt to access the Nuzlocke Forums on or around this date, and receive any sort of failure to connect notice, please alert the Nuzlocke Forums Tech Team on Discord (@Tech Team role).

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

First World Problems

Thread Description
For general venting if you feel you need it.

Sirwallaby

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
I had a very miniscule amount of alcohol (not any sort of alcoholic drink either so its not like it had a lot in it and it was less than a droppers worth) but when it hit my tongue I started crying and then laughing and then I was crying and laughing at the same time and sometimes triggering my gag reflex from the crying and laughing and I could not stop. I don't know what about it and the taste caused that to happen. I guess it's a good thing I don't drink.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
My wifi is being shitty again :cybercrime:

Also, it's getting hot again, which means work feels like a big oven x_x

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
The replacement TV I bought is the same physical size as my old one, but because of the way its supports are set up, my stand is just fractionally too small.

Time to improvise!

Sirwallaby

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
I guess I slept funny last night because i woke up with in a pain in the left side of my neck, and it's persisted all day. If I lay down on my back and don't move my head very much it's fine, but getting up is difficult and hurts. I have to roll onto my right side slowly then a little more then push myself up or it will hurt more rather than barely nothing.
Lifting my head hurts. Moving my head in the wrong way hurts and standing and sitting, while giving me more range to move with head with minimal-no pain is more difficult and overall uncomfortable at best especially when paired with allergies.

I really hope my neck feels better by tomorrow. I think what I messed up was the tendon (which has happened on several occasions but most usually occurs on my knee, less frequently on my ankle and on one occasion my arm though the majority of the incidents where very mild and fast healing which is what I hope will happen this time.)
There's not really anything I can do except lay down and not move and hope it gets better.

Thirteenth

Number XIV
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Ooh, I feel you @Sirwallaby, I actually injured my neck the other day while brushing my teeth... 😂 Couldn't move my head much and I had to keep my right shoulder hunched to avoid pain. I kept an ice pack on it for half a day and then a heating pad for the other half, and I felt pretty much normal two days later. Maybe that would help you?

Last edited:

Sirwallaby

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
That sounds painful and exactly like something I would do. (I once cut myself on an eraser while holding a knife in my other hand, and I still don't really know how that happened.) So I can very much relate to unfortunate toothbrush related injuries. I'm glad your neck got better quick rather than not quick.

I took a hot shower since I don't have either an ice pack or heating thing, and that helped a lot in the moment, and after sleeping for the night, I am mostly healed up, though not completely. I probably won't need anything more to help which is good. (Unfortunately my shoulder-on the other side-also started hurting yesterday, and then I had my leg wrong for too long and my knee started hurting...but all that's mostly better and its just my neck and my shoulder still hurting far less often then before.)
They're really healing up fast after a good night's rest so i think by tomorrow i might be completely better.

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Bug/Insect/Spider Warning: You know I really wish this wolf spider could have shown up on my wall sometime before 1:30 in the morning so I could have more effectively gotten him outside but on the other hand I guess at least if he's in my room he's keeping the silverfish at bay. Would prefer if neither of them were in my room and both of them would just Stay Out Of My House Already, Don't You Have Anywhere Better To Be, but beggars can't be choosers so I guess of the two I'm grateful it's the spider so long as he doesn't decide I look like something he wants to chow down on.

Edit: Okay and now they've screwed up the schedule at work and we're also absolutely screwed for weekends starting soon unless we can get someone in and trained in under a week and a half who can work those days because the only two employees we have that aren't managers and can work weekends gave their two weeks. Hahaha kill me without them we've literally got two cashiers who only work mornings and evenings during weekdays, one manager who can't work days, one temporary manager an hour and a half away, another one around an hour away, and one manager (me) who doesn't have a car. Ohhhh we're screwed I'm this 👌 close yall

Last edited:

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Its way, way, waaay too hot out, and it's not even technically summer yet...

DestinyDragonGS

Plays way too many Fighting games
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is very relaxed and enjoys analyzing things. This Pokemon is also quick to snark at anything that gives it an opportunity
Was trying to play Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 online when my internet went to shit which caused nobody to want to play with me

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
I tried to buy a new office chair and Office Depot/Max (whichever one it is these days) used Dynamex to ship.

They reported my item as delivered yesterday, but I was literally 5 feet from my front door all damn day and nobody ever dropped anything - I would have heard a 60lb package get carried up the stairs and dropped at the doorstep. After two hours on the phone with the store and carrier, I finally got them both on a conference call to sort their shit out. Dynamex's rep is now insisting to the store that it was delivered and someone signed for it. Office place is insisting I'm lying to them. No resolution, no package, no refund. WTF.

Fuck Dynamex. Fuck Office Depot/Max. Now I have to go charge back the $200 chair with my bank and order it somewhere else with slower shipping. In the meantime I'm working off of a wooden dining chair 8 hours a day and my back hates me for it.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Had to stay over an extra four hours yesterday because one of the others called in sick, when I was operating on basically no sleep.
Not fun :cybercrime:
But on the upside, I went home with some money in my pocket that I wouldn't have had if I'd left when I was supposed to, and the extra hours will give me overtime this week, so I guess it's not all bad.

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Loving the whole "getting kicked out for having the audacity to be angry about your problems being invalidated and brushed aside when venting despite the fact that you've been a sounding board for your parents' problems since you were ten" thing I've got going on rn

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
i'm STILL upset over miss rona shutting down everything, i had waitress tickets in may and i wanted to see it again!!! ugh!!!

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Apparently my car got scraped by something sometime because now it has a bunch of ugly white streaks running along the side (the car is silver). I'm aggravated because I don't know when or how it happened, and now it looks off (luckily there's no actual damage).

Also, everything about online Smash is terrible. I want to enjoy my favorite game with others, but...the lag is hideous, and I don't understand why I'm getting thrown up against skilled players when I've never played online a day in my life, so naturally I get bodied every match, which makes me want to not even bother. Watching people play on Youtube makes it look like fun, but...the actual experience is miserable.

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
My laptop's been acting erratic with Wi-Fi for the past several months here at home; it'll connect to a Wi-Fi source, then randomly drop the connection, refuse to detect the 20+ Wi-Fi sources it clearly detected earlier, and then lag my internet browser very badly (this only really happens when I try to watch YouTube, which unfortunately, is where I like to spend most of my time nowadays), forcing me to restart the computer, which even that I have to do forcibly via the power button, since sometimes the Wi-Fi disconnect freezy behavior prevents proper restarts from happening.

My solution? Plug in my iPhone to my laptop, and use that as my main source of internet instead...until I get a text from my carrier stating that my """""unlimited""""" monthly data plan has run dry (70 GB, by the way) for the current billing cycle, and that I'll have to just put up with the horri-bad Wi-Fi until the following 22nd day of each month this has been happening. I livestream on Twitch/Picarto a lot, I upload videos or download music through YouTube on a regular basis, and I used to play Minecraft in online servers often; so naturally, I've been draining my monthly data plan way too quickly as of late; I may or may not have dialed down on uploading onto YT, playing MC, and livestreaming in general because of this struggle.

Clockenstein

invisible hero
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
~/forums/nuzf/users/c/clockenstein/data/public/
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Fatal kernel error: 'DEX_BASIC' not found.
We have a water cooler at home. It used to be in a prominent spot in our downstairs living room between the fridge and the piano. Two weeks ago, we moved it to beside the kitchen counter where the family desktop PC used to be (now there's a coffee maker and an espresso machine there).

I cannot count how many times in the last two weeks I've reflexively walked to the spot between the fridge and piano, cup in hand, only to see a loudspeaker where the water cooler used to be, and I dunno if I'm losing my grip or what. I don't know how I somehow fall for this at least once per day. Why am I such a dumbass? IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
They're replacing the roofs at my apartment complex and they start working every day at 6am with loud banging and heavy duty construction vehicles that doesn't stop until 7pm. This week they've finally reached the building adjacent to mine.

I haven't slept well thanks to this, I lose a whole 2 hours every day. But if I try to get to sleep earlier, I just lie awake in bed until 1am...

Slow

the echoing screaming reverb of a song
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 18, 2020
Pronouns
he/him/his
When you forget to do laundry and have nothing to wear when you want to go out.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
tfw you have too many story ideas and nowhere near enough time to work on them all as well as the ones you're already working on :cybercrime:
Also, I really need a haircut, but I don't feel right trying to get one and potentially endangering myself or a barber...
Not to mention I don't even know if any are open.

Last edited:

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Me: Tries to skip an ad on a Youtube video.
Youtube: "DID YOU ASK FOR A FULLSCREEN VIDEO?"
Me: "What? No, I'm writing something-"
Youtube: "FULLSCREEN VIDEO COMING UP!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)