• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Fan Game Teen Other Adventure Mon First Summer: A Rijon Adventures Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Last Updated: December 28 [Pg. 45]

ACottontail

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
With how much screen time Aaron is getting I feel like he's going to become a member of the team. Hopefully nothing tragic happens at the next gym... Still I spy a shiny Magnimite in one of the panels. I feel like it's a nice touch. With how many pokemon she's seen Sara is bound to encounter a shiny eventually, even if she didn't see or catch it. Still the Zapados egg was a nice call-back to pokemon snap. Though that Zapados is one angry parent. At the end the visuals for the PC box are really cool, I love the use of the minisprites and how it shows all of the pokemon Sara currently owns.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
Double battles are the supreme battle style and I will die on this hill, but I don't want them in Nuzlockes. (:
someone who speaks the absolute truth xD double battles are amazing for sneaky strats

okay i shall do my best to do... cool detailed art comment even tho i really really suck at art i sdfksdjk;g like. your backgrounds. i love those textures and that cool brush/highlight and shading thing you do with the water it is amazing aaaaa dskfhdsb like the water is not just this one main colour it's got all these darker parts and lighter parts like it's so detailed and it looks like it's shimmering, like it's realistic but also done in your style which is awesome, i can imagine water being painted like that maybe? also also i love the muted colour scheme you do in the power plant, like these really soothing greys and browns and greens. the colour scheme makes it look so weathered but in this really calming way? i think? i can't analyse art i safhsdkjgJDSHGSJ anyway - like and then they contrast this bright yellow and orange Zapdos as much as possible to add to the "oh shit" moment xD i also love this dark and gloomy nighttime lighting just as the pair are talking about death, it fits super well

...that's about as detailed as i can make it i think sfjkhsdkfj i hold zero art qualifications rip

- oh also your banner is literally amazing that water is drawn so well

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Ohh man the length of these pages!! Holy crap!! Please give us some of your power to include so much good shit and still keep the pacing good and updating at a fairly quick pace.
The conversation at the beginning between Terry and Sara really got me in the heart. The dark blue colors are very atmospheric, and the dialogue especially hit hard. I love how it ties into the beginning of the comic where Sarah wouldn't even let Terry get a sniff of battle to keep him safe. Not only does it show how far she's come since then, immediately being able to rationalize herself after the knee jerk reaction to protect him, but it's also a great showcase of how brave and selfless Terry is. Here he's being handed an opportunity to protect himself after he nearly died - but he refuses to take it, and makes Sara know she will not sacrifice anyone on the team to protect him. I love it, even if that first death foreshadowing is scary with the knowledge that it'll hit like a truck :'3
I love the small detail of the doctor leaving a Surf HM for Sara. It's a nice gesture, and it's just a nice example of showing how there's good in the world and not everyone is against the protagonist. Really cute detail!
Ohhh those backgrounds. Those backgrounds. I know i'm about to sound like a broken record but this is some of the most gorgeous background work I've seen in a comic. The colors and designs are fantastic and breath so much life into these environments. They look like actual places that i want to explore and admire every detail of. And hey look, Aaron is back!! Best potato Pikachu.
That little moment between Ira and Sara after seeing the electricity is a nice touch. We love proper set up and payoffs! I love how their first reactions were to check on the other, and how they take a moment to sit down and talk about their feelings with each other. Again, really nice way to show how far they've come since the beginning!
Love how chill Aaron is about not getting to evolve just yet, little Pika looks like he wants to be a Raichu! Kinda worries me about that joining the team foreshadowing... we all know it's practically inevitable, this being a nuzlocke and all, but it's still frightening to think about given that we're so attached to the entire team :'3
WHOAAAA I was not expecting a Zapdos. I like how you handled it here - there's multiple Zapdos so Sara just randomly running into one doesn't feel anticlimactic or weird, but it still sends shivers down the spine to see that powerful spiky bird. Thank goodness for it having an exploitable weakness of not having any electric moves! Ira is such a champ, taking that Zapdos on!
It's a small detail, but I love that the PC box display shows a male Pikachu sprite for Aaron. The PC said trans rights! And holy crap, we're back at the fourth gym. Nervous, but hyped!

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Uwooh! another epic-length page!!
The wait is always worth it!

To be frank, I have never played snap (that is why I am excited for the upcoming game)
So I have no idea that Zapdos canonically lay egg!What a nice surprise! so that is what it looks like!
Thank god you still have your Golem to tank it from doing a sweep.. They put such a high leveled legend this early in game? what a troll design!

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
Yoooo I finally got to read this comic!! Seen it around for years and I always admired the art, so I'm glad I finally caught up ;w;

Absolutely loving the motivation behind challenging the league and how there are so many layers to the situation and the people involved. Terry is the greatest and I am so glad he is a giant floofball now. I can't believe nobody has died yet but THAT MEANS IT'LL HURT SO MUCH MORE WHEN IT HAPPENS...........

As for the most recent page, after binging the whole comic, I just realized how absolutely massive this chapter is. So many things happen! The art and architecture are both absolutely beautiful!! So many details everywhere!!! I'm gonna miss Aaron though lol

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello here is an art! It was for an event that never ended up happening, and you can tell how old it is by Pilot still being a Pidgeotto and the mediocre horses. But the concept of it all is still very cool.

Nuzlocke characters as Tarot cards!
Sara is The Chariot, which stands for willpower, determination and taking action. Pretty straightforward!
Pilot is Death, which is actually not a scary card! It stands for a radical change in your life, and Pilot is probably the character whose life has changed the most when he decided to come along. And ngl, the death aesthetic is just great for him, too.​

A treat for you, a treat for me- but idk if it counts as a treat for Sara since she could only enjoy it after they all got out alive afhdjfhasfjdh.

The cool down from the near death scene was fantastic. It makes sense Sara's instinct was to take Terry off battling again right away, but I'm glad that they were able to move past that knee-jerk reaction. And reframing the situation to take control of things they can do better is such a good takeaway from an otherwise terrifying situation. Following up in a powerplant, seeing her flinch at the loose electricity and seeing her and Ira get to talk out lingering feelings really shows how deep this incident goes. It's really good stuff... if not worrying for what will happen after the first permanent death that the team endures.

Art wise your color choices are always fantastic. I love the atmosphere as the Terry and Sara talk in the dark and their expressions really sell each emotional beat well. The establishing shots of the outside and inside of the power plant were both excellently done and really helped the setting feel open even when your shots were closer to the characters. I loved all the expressions they had when dealing with Zapdos, and especially loved Zapdos's pout as it hissed and walked away lmao. Them taking a moment to just enjoy themselves in a field dotted with flowers was lovely too. Finally that shot of them going down the river is just -chef's kiss- the good stuff! Also that shot of the pokemon center has me 👀 at that architecture. Feels like it belongs in a really beautiful city!

Lastly:

you perfectly captured the mood of a pokemon trying to evolve before it learns a move you need it to know lmao.
What's an adventure without mortal danger! I'm sure it will become a cherished memory adfsjkads

Waaah thank you so much! ;v; Processing dramatic events like that is important, so I'm glad to hear this scene turned out well. And I'm glad these two are at a point where they can have productive discussions and can lift each other up haha
I am actively collecting ideas for the lingering effects of the real deaths, it's gonna be- uhhh, I mean, what real deaths? Nothing bad will ever happen..!

I need to lie down and cry a little over the part about the art, thank you so much for that, too! QAQ Having a giant scene in which a lot is conveyed through expressions sure is motivating for sitting down to learn a lot about drawing them. :D And I always love it when I get to do my favourite expression "panicked screaming in a funny way"!
I know exactly what Moraga Town looks like, but nothing else happens there, so I would have to make up a reason to show more of it. Heavily contemplating if that might be worth it......

Pokémon just want to evolve! They don't know that they're being betrayed by the subpar version of the reality they live in! ;A;

Thunderstruck intensifies
Bwahahaha

With how much screen time Aaron is getting I feel like he's going to become a member of the team. Hopefully nothing tragic happens at the next gym... Still I spy a shiny Magnimite in one of the panels. I feel like it's a nice touch. With how many pokemon she's seen Sara is bound to encounter a shiny eventually, even if she didn't see or catch it. Still the Zapados egg was a nice call-back to pokemon snap. Though that Zapados is one angry parent. At the end the visuals for the PC box are really cool, I love the use of the minisprites and how it shows all of the pokemon Sara currently owns.
M-maybe there is a way for him to have a significant role without someone else having to make room. That could happen, right..?
One of my favourite shinies. :D Shinies are a lot more common in this world than in the game because I just think they're neat and want to include them without the characters having to freak out over seeing them.
Glad I got to put in a nod to the very best spin-off game. >D
Thanks!! The content of the Box has a worrying lack of diverse options, but they are all very good small friends! Besides these, there's also the Omanyte at the Professor's and the Nidoran in the daycare (oops).

someone who speaks the absolute truth xD double battles are amazing for sneaky strats

okay i shall do my best to do... cool detailed art comment even tho i really really suck at art i sdfksdjk;g like. your backgrounds. i love those textures and that cool brush/highlight and shading thing you do with the water it is amazing aaaaa dskfhdsb like the water is not just this one main colour it's got all these darker parts and lighter parts like it's so detailed and it looks like it's shimmering, like it's realistic but also done in your style which is awesome, i can imagine water being painted like that maybe? also also i love the muted colour scheme you do in the power plant, like these really soothing greys and browns and greens. the colour scheme makes it look so weathered but in this really calming way? i think? i can't analyse art i safhsdkjgJDSHGSJ anyway - like and then they contrast this bright yellow and orange Zapdos as much as possible to add to the "oh shit" moment xD i also love this dark and gloomy nighttime lighting just as the pair are talking about death, it fits super well

...that's about as detailed as i can make it i think sfjkhsdkfj i hold zero art qualifications rip

- oh also your banner is literally amazing that water is drawn so well
sighs at all the cool new multi battle moves SwSh introduced that I'll never get to play with because I don't play PVP anymore

If I needed more fuel for painting water (I don't, it's my favourite thing), this comment would be so much of that. Now it will go towards simply making me more powerful. :3c Glad to hear the power plant environment created the vibes I wanted! And while the yellow of the Zapdos pleasantly fits into the palette, it is striking indeed, haha! Talking about death in the dark sure hits different than in broad daylight ;v;
Thank you soooo much for the cool detailed art comment full of very good and insightful stuff! Cry: successful ;u;

Ohh man the length of these pages!! Holy crap!! Please give us some of your power to include so much good shit and still keep the pacing good and updating at a fairly quick pace.
The conversation at the beginning between Terry and Sara really got me in the heart. The dark blue colors are very atmospheric, and the dialogue especially hit hard. I love how it ties into the beginning of the comic where Sarah wouldn't even let Terry get a sniff of battle to keep him safe. Not only does it show how far she's come since then, immediately being able to rationalize herself after the knee jerk reaction to protect him, but it's also a great showcase of how brave and selfless Terry is. Here he's being handed an opportunity to protect himself after he nearly died - but he refuses to take it, and makes Sara know she will not sacrifice anyone on the team to protect him. I love it, even if that first death foreshadowing is scary with the knowledge that it'll hit like a truck :'3
I love the small detail of the doctor leaving a Surf HM for Sara. It's a nice gesture, and it's just a nice example of showing how there's good in the world and not everyone is against the protagonist. Really cute detail!
Ohhh those backgrounds. Those backgrounds. I know i'm about to sound like a broken record but this is some of the most gorgeous background work I've seen in a comic. The colors and designs are fantastic and breath so much life into these environments. They look like actual places that i want to explore and admire every detail of. And hey look, Aaron is back!! Best potato Pikachu.
That little moment between Ira and Sara after seeing the electricity is a nice touch. We love proper set up and payoffs! I love how their first reactions were to check on the other, and how they take a moment to sit down and talk about their feelings with each other. Again, really nice way to show how far they've come since the beginning!
Love how chill Aaron is about not getting to evolve just yet, little Pika looks like he wants to be a Raichu! Kinda worries me about that joining the team foreshadowing... we all know it's practically inevitable, this being a nuzlocke and all, but it's still frightening to think about given that we're so attached to the entire team :'3
WHOAAAA I was not expecting a Zapdos. I like how you handled it here - there's multiple Zapdos so Sara just randomly running into one doesn't feel anticlimactic or weird, but it still sends shivers down the spine to see that powerful spiky bird. Thank goodness for it having an exploitable weakness of not having any electric moves! Ira is such a champ, taking that Zapdos on!
It's a small detail, but I love that the PC box display shows a male Pikachu sprite for Aaron. The PC said trans rights! And holy crap, we're back at the fourth gym. Nervous, but hyped!
does the spiderman pointing meme at you.... I tried counting the panels on your latest page, and I gave up because I got hungry. But thank you so much, being complimented on my handling of long boi pages by you specifically makes me feel powerful :'D
I'm happy the beginning of the story was memorable enough to notice this tie! Who would have thought that my kids would ever get far enough to achieve g r o w t h ;v; The discussion is closed forever, in this house we support Terry wanting to fight everyone all the time! carefully holds the death foreshadowing in my little hands because it's all i have
Yeah!! Most people are nice! I want a happy Pokémon world, damnit!
Thank you, I cry on the floor..... Every struggle with yet another pointless machine detail is worth it when the environments bring joy!!
It's important to consider ur pet rock's feelings. ;v; With Ira being part of the event as much as Sara, I just had to give them some closure, too.
What if Aaron just gets to be important because I like him....... No need to worry, anything is possible.... Team of 10 Pokémon, anyone? _(:3」∠)_
Hehe I'm glad the Zapdos encounter was fun! When it comes to lore, this is probably the least epic Nuzlocke story of all times, but going to a bizarre lost place like it's just another day in the life of someone who doesn't fear death can get you a little sprinkle of legendary-ness.....
The PC said trans rights!! Hope I can make the 4th Gym as epic as it deserves. ;v;

Uwooh! another epic-length page!!
The wait is always worth it!

To be frank, I have never played snap (that is why I am excited for the upcoming game)
So I have no idea that Zapdos canonically lay egg!What a nice surprise! so that is what it looks like!
Thank god you still have your Golem to tank it from doing a sweep.. They put such a high leveled legend this early in game? what a troll design!
Aww yeahhh, thank you!!

Ohh you have yet to experience the joy of Pokémon Snap, I am very excited for you! :3c
Not sure what's up with the Zapdos egg in Snap since a fully grown Zapdos hatches from it, but it would have been a neglect of criminal proportions to not use its design. :'D
At least with the Zapdos encounter, you can consider your options completely, as it can't have any surprises like trainers do. Got a level 40 Golem? You can take the Zapdos even if it's level 60. Don't have someone who resists both Electric and Flying? Probably shouldn't do it even if you believe the Zapdos is only level 40. :V

Yoooo I finally got to read this comic!! Seen it around for years and I always admired the art, so I'm glad I finally caught up ;w;

Absolutely loving the motivation behind challenging the league and how there are so many layers to the situation and the people involved. Terry is the greatest and I am so glad he is a giant floofball now. I can't believe nobody has died yet but THAT MEANS IT'LL HURT SO MUCH MORE WHEN IT HAPPENS...........

As for the most recent page, after binging the whole comic, I just realized how absolutely massive this chapter is. So many things happen! The art and architecture are both absolutely beautiful!! So many details everywhere!!! I'm gonna miss Aaron though lol
Waaaah thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed!! ;v; <3

This might not be a very dangerous world, but having a solid motivation is so important for the characters to keep going when bad things do happen. Thanks for the validation! ;v; And Terry is delighted about your opinion on him!

Thank you so much!! The things keep happening and they all have to be in one page, I don't make the rules, but I both reap the rewards and suffer the consequences asdfjslk
Never seeing Aaron again is a small, hm no, medium price to pay for nobody dying ever! I'm glad that this is exactly what will happen! ovob

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
These are gorgeous! Great work!!! I love tarot works and I think you really nailed these and their meanings and I really like the details of Pilot having partly skeletal features its a really cool idea! Seriously what was this project can we bring it back??

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
What gorgeous illustrations!! Tarot cards are such a fun concept to apply to characters, it's a shame this project didn't manage to finish! Still, beautiful work!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ohhhh these illustrations are gorgeous! Shame the project didn't go thru, but I'm glad you decided to share these with us! Lowkey wondering what other Tarot Cards match up to Sara's team now tho ngl 👀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)