• NOTICE: Potential Site Downtime on December 7, 2020.

This is a preliminary notice that you may experience some downtime on December 7, 2020, due to some backend adjustments.

If you attempt to access the Nuzlocke Forums on or around this date, and receive any sort of failure to connect notice, please alert the Nuzlocke Forums Tech Team on Discord (@Tech Team role).

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Comic Kalos Teen Gijinka fault line // x version gijinka wonderlocke

Thread Description
5/14/20 - pages #45-#46

faultlocke

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison

Painfully out of place and out of her league, hybrid Fault Ishimoto registers for the first ever region–wide Kalos League Tournament. As she traverses the region and meets her fellow competitors along the way, she begins to realize something much more sinister and dangerous is happening just below the surface.
read on tumblr // read on deviantart

• Only capture the first Pokemon encountered in each area. If it faints, no second chances.
  • Immediately after being caught, new Pokemon must be traded via Wonder Trade for a random Pokemon, and the Pokemon traded back becomes a teammate.
    • If the traded Pokemon is above the level threshold for obeying the trainer, or is more than double the level of the Pokemon on the team with the highest level, it must be traded away.
    • Shiny clause is on; if a wild encounter is a shiny, it can be caught and used without being traded away, regardless of whether or not it’s the first encounter in that area.
    • Duplicates clause is on; if a traded Pokemon is a duplicate or in the same evolution line as a Pokemon already received over trade, it can be traded again for a new Pokemon. Two more attempts are granted to get a non-duplicate trade.
    • If no party or boxed Pokemon can learn a needed HM, a Pokemon can be caught for only using that HM, and then must be boxed.
  • If a Pokemon faints in battle, it’s considered dead and must be stored in the box permanently.
  • Legendaries can be used, as long as they match all other requirements.
  • Fault cannot leave the party under any circumstance, and if she dies, it’s an automatic game over.
  • Xerneas may be caught and used only for the final Lysandre fight, but cannot be used in battle from that point onward.

chapter one // better things
ongoing → cover

#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40 #41 #42 #43 #44 #45 #46

finally back!! the first couple pages of fault line were uploaded in 2016-2017, and ive since decided to reboot it in a new format. i will be updating this thread every month with four pages, and i will be uploading two pages bi-weekly on tumblr and deviantart! thank you for reading! <3

Last edited:

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
OOOOH BOY ITS FINALLY HERE!!!! EVERYTHING LOOKS SO GOOD!!!! the color palettes carry a lot of emotion, strong panel composition and body language
I never got a chance to read the first draft so this is all new to me, your characters all look super interesting,,,
starting out with those scenes from the future is really unique and a great way to set the tone/introduce the themes of the comic. With just four pages posted its already clear what you're going for!

Sarbear

phobiaverse overlord
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'm in WIP hell, but at least it's warm down here.
woah im digging this artstyle 👀

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ground, Clever
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon is actually a bit lazy and very smart in maths. you can train it, but don't do it too hard
Woot woot, a comic! Awesome! I'm excited for your journey, gl and hf!

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Aw yeaaaah! It's here! I remember so so long ago, back around when i was just a nuzlocke baby, reading the old version of this. I thought it was dead for so long, but now here it is! Back from the dead and better than ever! I love your opening here, all the flashes of things past and things to come, no context but just enough content to make us hungry for more. I can't wait to see this brilliant resurrection unfold further!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
You’re back! I’m so excited to see you again. I was really hoping you’d post a comic when I saw you had joined. You’re art is as absolutely stunning as ever, and I can’t wait to see more of Fault Line.

Good luck, and happy nuzlocking!

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Talk softly and slowly so you don't scare this gentle creature.
oh this opening sequence SLAPS!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS

faultlocke

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
update!

page #5
page #6
page #7
page #8

thank you all for your sweet words ;___; fault line is something ive been working on for Years now, and im happy to be able to share this updated version with you!! theres been some minor rewrites, so hopefully its still interesting to read even if you saw the first go around lmao

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Giant headmouth is as inconvenient as it looks, how unfortunate for our protagonist. Also ouch that tagging method seems excessively invasive. I sure hope nothing bad happens relating to it in some far future page. Also you have nothing to worry about from me regarding still being interesting the second go around, I remember precisely nothing from the old version except for the design of the mawile girl. My head is empty and my expectations are full.

faultlocke

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison
update!

page #9
page #10
page #11
page #12

@Kadew it sure would be a shame if the trackers were used for nefarious purposes....... thats illegal though they cant do that! and im glad, i hope the rest lives up to your expectations haha

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
these designs are all SO GOOD i'm ;o;... and oliver seems like such a sweetie already
looking forward to more!!

faultlocke

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh gosh the drool from the giant mouth/horns, that must be so embarassing poor girl. Also can I say that I love all your character designs again? Because they're all so bright and fun to look at. Carrie Carols just oozes charisma and I can almost hear her voice up there, excellent work!

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Hiiii I finally got to read this comic, and it's wonderful!! (Pun not intended, oops.) The art looks so good and tasty, and being shown all these detailed environments and different kinds of Hybrids right at the beginning makes me feel incredibly immersed in the world.
Can't wait to learn more about Fault! The way she looked at her hand after shaking Ollie's paw... makes you wonder what her life has been like before.

And can I just say how amazing it is to see a Wonderlocke comic? Like, it's always exciting to see what new team members are like (especially in a Gijinka setting with the creative designs that come with it), but in a Wonderlocke it's.... that but more! Yeah! I'm very excited for this. 😆

faultlocke

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison

#17 // #18 // #19 // #20

@Kadew aw thank you!!! im really enjoying designing all the npcs for this comic, carrie is one of my favorites..... im excited for her to show up more!

@violentlydefending lifes hard when ur hungry 😔 😔 😔

@Krisantyne GOSH THANKS SO MUCH...!!! faults got a lot of little secrets and idiosyncrasies im excited to expand on... also wonderlockes and randomized runs are always so fun to read!! its always exciting when you dont know exactly what the next teammate is gonna be, and i love seeing how ppl rationalize it in-universe haha

Last edited:

faultlocke

the fault in our lines
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Poison

#21 // #22 // #23 // #24

hello hello! just wanted to pop in and say ive added a couple things to the extras spoiler in the main post; it now has an embed to the gallery for character references, as well as links for the two playlists that ive posted so far! check that out if thats something you might be interested in 👀

@violentlydefending new friend new friend!!!

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Oooo I'm actually super excited to see this fight, I can already imagine the action looking lively in your style! also this whole time I thought this was a randomized run and it just hit me what wonderlocke means when i saw the rival team was vanilla lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)