• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
if your gf wants you in her life forever does that means she wants to marry you // completed October 28th

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
Starting this off right by reaffirming that Kenneth is an everloving mood, thirsting after all these Galar peeps. He is all of us.

Rereading this was so cozy and comfy! I just wanna prattle off descriptors like fluffy, soft, sad, heartwarming, lovely, and poignant, because this story is just all of those things. I loved be able to revisit Naomi and Kenneth and witness them taking this next big step in their relationship. Even though you include Darkest Day stuff, this still feels like a small story? Just a nice, simple story about a guy who is madly in love with a woman and wants to be with her forever, and it's beautiful beyond compare. This is unabashedly romantic in such a sincere way, and I teared up at a couple moments, especially at the proposal.

I've gone over this before, but your approach to Kenneth's parents is painfully real and hits a satisfyingly sore spot that's difficult to pull off. I appreciate the subtlety in how the distance between Kenneth and is parents is portrayed. It's not about what's being said; it's about what isn't said and what his parents won't go out of their way to do. And then there's this inner battle of wanting something, some kind of relationship, but knowing he can never have it because they won't put in the effort. I empathize more than I care to say in a public post, but goddamn. You just. You nail the feeling perfectly.

So yeah, I love this. I fucking loved reading this again. Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful tale. This one's going in a soft corner of my black heart. 😭

Also, I would kill to see Oak try to flirt with Magnolia and just fall to pieces like his grandson, holy shit.

SilverDoe

Kanto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Hi. I actually finished reading this run when the last update came out... but forgot to leave a comment. So, here's a belated one.

I really loved this whole story, ending included. It was sweet and full of warm and fuzzy feelings (although it had plenty of other feelings too, including heart-breaking painful ones mainly concerning Kenneth's rotten parents).

"Sonia smiles wearily. “Good thing all taxi fliers are reckless.”" I love this line so much. It's just perfect in where it comes and the way it makes me grin and chuckle to myself in the midst of all the tension.

"It hasn’t been a great day." Also love the understatement in this line. You have a knack for ending at the perfect moment, on a great note.

"Raihan breaks the silence with a single, emphatic, “Um.”

Naomi’s thought comes clear as day to Kenneth: Galar is too much."
Raihan is all of us. This part makes me laugh too. A wonderful break of the emotion preceding it (and following).

I love Naomi's nails digging into Kenneth's skin as they hold hands and it grounding him. Also them saying they love each other forever and holding each other and being so cute and sweet.

I mean, the world almost ended and he nearly died. I would want to go home too.

I also enjoy the touch of who called versus who texted, and that his parents sent a text and the little progression he does of considering will they ever call, and at least they sent a text, to realizing he'd rather get a text.

"He laughs because of course they do." Just love this line too.

"So Naomi nudges her and says, “I think you’re supposed to chew off your arm now.”" This cracks me up. I love the playfulness.

"Kenneth dotes on her with affection and tea and reassurance, and most of the guilt, thankfully, goes forgotten." Sweet, cute, adorable, heartwarming -- there aren't enough words for Kenneth and Naomi.

"He’ll miss them." Me too, Kenneth, me too.

The goodbye at the airport is sad. I love how they became friends. Hopefully they do get a proper vacation next time.

I love them thinking up ways to make Kenneth's parents pay extra for the wedding. Their banter is always my favorite thing. I love them together so much.

"She laughs, and his chest fills with the sweetest feeling. She’s home. She’s been home for years and years, but marrying her will make it official in a way that maybe shouldn’t matter but still does, at least to him."

This is my favorite part, my favorite line. Well, favorite 3 lines. It just... makes me smile, outside and inside, and captures Kenneth's feelings perfectly.

All in all, this is a great story. And your writing is, as ever, completely lovely. I'm really glad to have read it and to have reread the last part now as I wrote this comment. Now I'll need to go read your new run.

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
God, this was just beautiful.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

I can't ramble so much because I'm speechless. Even knowing what's gonna happen, I still teared up.

I love these two so much. Their interactions throughout the run kept me gushing and cooing, sobs. You write them so well and so effortlessly that it's so hard not to fall in love with them.

I also love how you manage to weave in the Darkest Day shenanigans in and treat it like a Big Thing but at the same time, Kenneth x Naomi is still at the forefront. Which they rightfully deserve to be.

Ah, I love them so much and I love this run, thank you. <3

Thirteenth

eternally crying over the botw trilogy
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Holy shit guys, I am so sorry it's taken me this long to get to these replies 😭 I meant to get back to you all so much sooner, time just kind of stops existing after a final update lol

So it's finally over... I scarcely know how to feel about it

Those final chapters were so sweet and touching, I had a lot of fun and also felt for all of them! One unsung moment was Naomi and her team, given everything she went through in Agency it was a painful reminder of all that heartache the way she worked through everything. In general this run was fantastic at being a good sequel to Agency without relying too much on it. It's definitely its own thing and a series of lighthearted romcom drabbles are so neat. Getting Kenneth's POV was great, as was getting to see him finally stand up to those shitty parents of his!

I love the supporting cast as well. I've already told you how much I love love love your version of Sonia, but Nessa and Raihan and all the others are great as well. I just felt like your love for Galar and its cast shone through and made the whole thing that much more fun to read 🥰

So yeah, congrats on a great run that was a lot of fun! It's a worthy sequel to one of my favorite storylockes~

Also I just realized that lmao I don't think they even know Victor's name
Thank you so much!! ;w; I'm glad this worked nicely as a sequel, especially considering how different it is from Agency. It was really just an excuse to explore their relationship and shine a light on Kenneth hehe So to see you say it can stand alongside Agency (and more or less independently from it) is heartwarming.

I still would like to write something starring Sonia, Leon, Nessa, and Raihan, they are among my absolute favorite characters in SwSh, and I'd just love to see more of them together. Maybe one day...

And no, they don't really know Victor's name! 😂 Sonia probably does, and surely his name was announced for the battle, but it doesn't really stick for Kenneth or Naomi, and it doesn't really matter hehe.

Thank you again for reading and commenting! 💕

OKAY BUT THIS BEUTIFUL THO. Obviously we're going to want to read it!! The CHEMISTRY????? The WRITING???? The PROSE???? Look at this. It's amazing. Of course we'll all want to read it. Did I know I wanted to read a story about two dorks in love, in Galar, and dealing with their issues? Looks at emerging forum genre I mean, kind of, but you delivered in an incredibly unique way. I adore the drabble style of writing; it keeps us focused on the moments that are important, and only those moments. The story zips along as a result, without feeling rushed. That's incredible. I love that. I'm already excited for that second Galar run you teased in Writechat 👀

3rd story about wedding when.
😭😭😭😭 I don't even know what to say, this is so sweet, thank you ;;

I guess I do have one specific thing though and that was you pointing out the drabble format. Tbh I never really thought of it as like... idk, a "valid" format, but you pointing this out along with my own recognition of how well this format works for my writing style has had me thinking otherwise. So thank you for that~

Also it is now a Hoenn run hehe until I move on to draft #5 and it goes to Alola or some shit

I mean, yeah, but that poster of Bob is a modern classic and really the key to the entire puzzle.

STOP. STOP IT. BAD. NO. STOP. STOP DOING THIS TO MY SON. STOP IT.

Lmaoooooo I love her. I still just love how much she's a lil shit despite the anxiety she went through and whatnot. Just so well-rounded and so good. I love these children so much 😭

#FETUSFORCE FUCK YES FETUS RECON SQUAD GON FUCK UP KENNETH'S PARENTS LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Awwwww I can't believe they're finally engaged! And this was such a cute proposal too, but it makes sense for them too, considering- wait, what?

Honestly though this run is just... too cute. Too pure. If I had to quote every line that stuck out to me, I'd have like half the story at a minimum and that probably breaks the character limit. It also just kinda... idk, it's a logical progression from Agency, not just in the inherent sequely things but also just, it mirrors what you became interested in as that run went on, and you clearly thrived in this space to just freelance fluff and work with Galar's plot and kinda just low-stress write your children being adorable. It worked out so so so wonderfully, too. The fact that it centers more on Kenneth too is just the best, I would absolutely die for this blushy boi and seeing things from his POV and dealing with his family problems and the way he and Sonia work together is so good I could just cry. Seriously this run is just so breezy and lovely and I'm so glad you gave this beautiful little fluffy thing to us. ;w;

In conclusion:

And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Kenneth needed to deal with his parents' bullshit okay! And it's fine! He's fine!! He's happily engaged now and doing a little better with his parents~

I'm glad it's too cute, that was all I was aiming for it to be when I wrote it ;w; Just wanted cute moments with a lil bit of angst for the hurt/comfort because you know I love that.

it mirrors what you became interested in as that run went on, and you clearly thrived in this space to just freelance fluff and work with Galar's plot and kinda just low-stress write your children being adorable
You know, I don't think I ever acknowledged this as clearly as you put it here but, yeah. You're right about this.

Thank you so much ;w; 💕

This story will always hold a special place in my heart. I know you call this self-indulgent, but that doesn't make it any less compelling, well-written, heartwarming, and fun to read. Obviously Naomi and Kenneth have a really special place in my heart, but it was so great to see them interact with the Galar cast and watch them grow even closer. My heart was bursting at these last couple of drabbles, and especially at that last line. Thank you for giving us a little extra time with these two, I'm so happy for them both. ;w; 💙
😭😭😭😭💕💕💕💕 I have no words, thank you so much ;;;; I'm glad my dweebs mean that much to you.

Starting this off right by reaffirming that Kenneth is an everloving mood, thirsting after all these Galar peeps. He is all of us.

Rereading this was so cozy and comfy! I just wanna prattle off descriptors like fluffy, soft, sad, heartwarming, lovely, and poignant, because this story is just all of those things. I loved be able to revisit Naomi and Kenneth and witness them taking this next big step in their relationship. Even though you include Darkest Day stuff, this still feels like a small story? Just a nice, simple story about a guy who is madly in love with a woman and wants to be with her forever, and it's beautiful beyond compare. This is unabashedly romantic in such a sincere way, and I teared up at a couple moments, especially at the proposal.

I've gone over this before, but your approach to Kenneth's parents is painfully real and hits a satisfyingly sore spot that's difficult to pull off. I appreciate the subtlety in how the distance between Kenneth and is parents is portrayed. It's not about what's being said; it's about what isn't said and what his parents won't go out of their way to do. And then there's this inner battle of wanting something, some kind of relationship, but knowing he can never have it because they won't put in the effort. I empathize more than I care to say in a public post, but goddamn. You just. You nail the feeling perfectly.

So yeah, I love this. I fucking loved reading this again. Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful tale. This one's going in a soft corner of my black heart. 😭

Also, I would kill to see Oak try to flirt with Magnolia and just fall to pieces like his grandson, holy shit.
Glaaaaaaaance 😭😭 I really don't have words, thank you so much ;;;; I wish I could express this more eloquently, but it means a lot to me that you loved this so much 💕 And regarding Kenneth's situation with his parents, I'm so glad I was able to do that justice. It's such a delicate, nuanced thing to try to portray so I'm happy and kind of relieved to know that I was able to capture that.

If there's one thing I regret not including, it was some actual Oak/Magnolia moments 😂 Seeing him get as flustered as Kenneth does would've been beautiful.

Hi. I actually finished reading this run when the last update came out... but forgot to leave a comment. So, here's a belated one.

I really loved this whole story, ending included. It was sweet and full of warm and fuzzy feelings (although it had plenty of other feelings too, including heart-breaking painful ones mainly concerning Kenneth's rotten parents).

"Sonia smiles wearily. “Good thing all taxi fliers are reckless.”" I love this line so much. It's just perfect in where it comes and the way it makes me grin and chuckle to myself in the midst of all the tension.

"It hasn’t been a great day." Also love the understatement in this line. You have a knack for ending at the perfect moment, on a great note.

"Raihan breaks the silence with a single, emphatic, “Um.”

Naomi’s thought comes clear as day to Kenneth: Galar is too much."
Raihan is all of us. This part makes me laugh too. A wonderful break of the emotion preceding it (and following).

I love Naomi's nails digging into Kenneth's skin as they hold hands and it grounding him. Also them saying they love each other forever and holding each other and being so cute and sweet.

I mean, the world almost ended and he nearly died. I would want to go home too.

I also enjoy the touch of who called versus who texted, and that his parents sent a text and the little progression he does of considering will they ever call, and at least they sent a text, to realizing he'd rather get a text.

"He laughs because of course they do." Just love this line too.

"So Naomi nudges her and says, “I think you’re supposed to chew off your arm now.”" This cracks me up. I love the playfulness.

"Kenneth dotes on her with affection and tea and reassurance, and most of the guilt, thankfully, goes forgotten." Sweet, cute, adorable, heartwarming -- there aren't enough words for Kenneth and Naomi.

"He’ll miss them." Me too, Kenneth, me too.

The goodbye at the airport is sad. I love how they became friends. Hopefully they do get a proper vacation next time.

I love them thinking up ways to make Kenneth's parents pay extra for the wedding. Their banter is always my favorite thing. I love them together so much.

"She laughs, and his chest fills with the sweetest feeling. She’s home. She’s been home for years and years, but marrying her will make it official in a way that maybe shouldn’t matter but still does, at least to him."

This is my favorite part, my favorite line. Well, favorite 3 lines. It just... makes me smile, outside and inside, and captures Kenneth's feelings perfectly.

All in all, this is a great story. And your writing is, as ever, completely lovely. I'm really glad to have read it and to have reread the last part now as I wrote this comment. Now I'll need to go read your new run.
These quotes! 😭 You quoted some of my favorites, I'm glad they stuck with you too! Particular favorites are Raihan's "Um," he laughs because ofc they do, and everything you pulled from the last drabble hehe.

Thank you so much for you comment, I'm so glad you enjoyed this run ;w; 💕

God, this was just beautiful.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

I can't ramble so much because I'm speechless. Even knowing what's gonna happen, I still teared up.

I love these two so much. Their interactions throughout the run kept me gushing and cooing, sobs. You write them so well and so effortlessly that it's so hard not to fall in love with them.

I also love how you manage to weave in the Darkest Day shenanigans in and treat it like a Big Thing but at the same time, Kenneth x Naomi is still at the forefront. Which they rightfully deserve to be.

Ah, I love them so much and I love this run, thank you. <3
DUSTY, you graced me with your presence like this I'm 😭 "You write them so well and so effortlessly that it's so hard not to fall in love with them." -- This has me with my hands over my chest like that one Kristen Bell gif, thank you, I'm glad I was able to write them and their relationship so effectively. Love you, thank you 💚

ALSO, the Ganza! Family tied for first place in Best Dynamic for Naomi and Kenneth and 😭 Tbh it was the only thing I really wanted from this Ganza, so thank you so so much to everyone who voted for them and to those who nominated them in the first place. It means a lot to me 💕

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)