• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Fall Fundraiser 2022 Part 1 - Nuzlocke Pioneering

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Post your rulesets here!

SnakeWrangler

Sorceress's Knight
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Poison
Hello everyone! Sorry for the slight delay as I have a terminal affliction called a full time job and I am very tired. But here is Part 1 of our 2022 Fundraiser!

As per the announcement thread, this will be the thread for you to post your Nuzlocke rulesets and earn your Nuzlocke Pioneer badge!

A brief summation and guidelines:

Flex your creativity and come up with a Nuzlocke ruleset for a game outside of the mainline Pokemon games! Essentially, anything that would fall under the jurisdiction of the Creative Content forum. Run wild! Though keep in mind, your custom ruleset should ultimately be reasonably possible. These should be exciting and accessible challenges!

There aren't many rules, but what we're looking for is essentially:
  1. Any game that is not a mainline Pokemon game.
  2. Hacks or fangames that follow the mainline outline (progression through a region, pass checkpoints, single battle mainly) do not qualify.
  3. Pokemon side games - Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Stadium, Colosseum, Pokepark, Conquest, etc - are all fair game.
And that's about it! Sky's the limit otherwise.

Kirby Nuzlocke? Sure! Animal Crossing Nuzlocke? If you can come up with one! Wolfenstein (2009)? Good luck finding a copy, but absolutely!

Now show us that Nuzlocke Spirit!
Monster Hunter Weaponlocke

Game(s): Any of the Monster Hunter Series main games

Challenge details: Monster Hunter, but if you cart while using a weapon, you can't use that weapon type the rest of the challenge! You may complete the hunt after carting, but must retire the weapon the rest of the challenge. Do you use your best weapon from the start? Or do you use something you're less good at and "save" your mains for later? Item limits or other limits optional!

Challenge completion: Finishing the Hub Quest Low + High rank "questline." G/Master rank possible depending on the game.

Simply post your ruleset in this thread and you'll get the cool new Nuzlocke Pioneer badge! (Disclaimer to please be patient if it doesn't show up for you soon, I am but one humble mod and I am generally busy and/or tired)

Part 2, where everyone can select another's ruleset to play and document, will start October 5.

All in all, you will be able to post rulesets and play runs through November 5.

With all that out of the way, I'm happy to mark this as the official start of the Nuzlocke Forums Fall Fundraiser 2022!

I'm already blown away by your generosity, as before we've even started, we are already at $206 out of $1500 for our goal! Those who have recently given money will still receive the new Donator badge before too long (if they like, I will reach out to them to confirm). If sending a donation, please include a comment if you want your badge or not just in case! Displaying it is completely optional.

Also, I will be adding running tallies of our goal in several places on the forums. Unfortunately all the widgets for progress bars we looked into are kind of garbage so we will be doing it the old-fashioned way with intermittent updates!

Above all, thank you to everyone for your continued support, generosity, and creative drive, from all of us on the Moderation team!

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
Game(s): Any of the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games, but mainly the first one (1998, psx/n64) and its remake (2020, modern consoles). the benefit of the old one is that you can emulate it, thus not supporting a Bad Company or Crypto Guy, but you do you
Challenge details:
- pick a skater (or create one in the modern games). you get one more for every park you unlock
- if you complete a run without getting a tape or equivalent, retire the skater you were using. If you run out of skateboarders from the 1990s to play with, the run fails
- optionally, if you fall into one of the series' many death traps, retire that skater

Challenge completion: complete the final level or equivalent.

as the good book says: you skate or you die

unknown.png

LulzitsMatty

Helklo
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Water
Rule 1) Start a new character. You are free to pick whichever job you want.

2) Upon reaching level 15 and gaining access to the other citystates, you may pick up one job per citystate (ex if you started in Ul Dah as Gladiator, you may pick up Lancer from Gridania and Thief from Limsa)

3) If you die at all, you are not allowed to use that job anymore. Dying three times is considered a wipe.

4) Run ends by completing the final ARR Dungeon, the Praetorium.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Oh boy oh boy I have come PREPARED for this one!!!!!
The game? Fossil Fighters or its sequel, Fossil Fighters Champions! See the spoiler under these rules for an additional rule only relevant for Fossil Fighters Frontier.

1. Encounters. The first Vivosaur you discover in an area is your catch for that area. You may dig up as many fossils as you wish, but only this Vivosaur may be used in battle.
a. Pinwheel Clause. For the purposes of game balancing, certain areas may count as two or more "catches." For Fossil Fighters Champions, I go by the areas as defined by the in-game map or, in the case of one-map Dig Sites such as Treasure Lake and Mt. Krakanak (First visit), I use the maps of Fossil distribution as laid out on the Fossil Fighters wiki.
b. Dupes Clause. Although not typically relevant in FF or FFC, a Vivosaur may not be the first encounter of two areas.
2. Nicknames. Nicknames must be kept track of yourself in FF. In FFC, Vivosaurs may be named via the VMM. They must be named.
3. Death. If a Vivosaur is defeated in battle, it is considered dead and may not be used.
4. Forced Wipe. In FF, there is a forced wipe near the end of the game. This may be disregarded as a source of deaths.

5. Paleo Pals. All Paleo Pals may be recruited. However, if they are defeated in battle, they may no longer be used.

Completion Requirements (Spoilers): FF is won after defeating Guhnash. FFC is won after defeating Zongazonga.
Also, for anyone who wants to try it out, some words of advice!
If emulating on DeSmuME, be advised that FFC does not work on certain builds of the emulator. I'd advise referring to the top comment of this Reddit thread in order to get it working--this worked for me.
If emulating on MelonDS OR if playing an actual cart of FFC, please be aware that you can use a DNS exploit to obtain the game's old wifi events. These aren't AMAZINGLY relevant to a Nuzlocke, but they're still a pretty cool addition.
For FF AND FFC, if emulating, use a mouse for cleaning (Or a drawing tablet, if you have one). I know the siren song of the trackpad. I know it seems like, intuitively, it would be easier. It is not.

Purchase the Fossil Chip upgrade from the shop as soon as you make enough money to. It will allow you to increase the rank of your Vivosaurs very quickly and keep ahead of the curve. In addition, remember that the overworld fighters in various dig sites are a decent source of Fossil Points if you're willing to invest some time. By lategame FF, I like to use Greenhorn Plains for this. In FFC, I tend to use the latest-unlocked Dig Sites and, if you choose to grind for the post-game fights, the Todd/Rupert/Pauleen rematches.

Happy fighting to all!

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Writer
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Filled with boundless creativity and a mane of stars, Cosmicore is only seen once in a blue moon, showing the world what it has to offer.
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk Nuzlocke
  1. You can only generate the first three Digimon in that area whose data you have collected. The reason for this is that there are a lot fewer areas in Digimon World Dusk and because all battles are triple battles.
  2. If a Digimon is knocked out, then it is dead. You must delete that Digimon’s data. If you want an easier challenge, don’t count this until after your Digimon get reset (you start out with one Rookie and two Champions/Ultimates, but the Champions/Ultimates get reverted to Rookie-level), if you want a hard challenge, count it when the game starts, though you can’t get rid of Digimon data
  3. You can put Dupe Clause in if you want, but the areas are very diverse so it will probably never come into play.
  4. You can also count those password Digimon as Gifts, but that’s up to you (as long as you know the passwords).

I have done this before, but not in a while and I have never completed this. I don't know if this is possible or nor, but try if you want.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
Okay here with a Deltarune Nuzlocke
1. If a party member is downed, they may not be used again.
2. The only action a downed party member can use is "Spare" if they get back up again.
3. The only way to bring back a party member is with a Revivemint, which is only allowed to be found in item boxes. Revivedust is also allowed, but only one is allowed per battle. (I don't think you can buy them anyway, at least not as of Chapter 2)
4. Secret Bosses are optional.
5. Weird Route is allowed, if you can keep Noelle and Kris alive
6. As of Chapter 2, the run ends when you beat the final boss of the Chapter.
7. You lose if all party members are downed (Game Over screen)

Reactions: Bug

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (In Nuzlockes)
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
Male
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
F-Zero nuzlocke (snes i havent played the others)

Beat all three cups on a difficulty (your choosing)
If you lose all your lives during a cup, or your car ever blows up and dies, you must reset to the title, and restart the cup. The car you used before is dead and cant be chosen.
Idk have fun ig

mike-princeofstars

society 0, monkey 1
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 3, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
it/its
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This strange Infernape appears to be wearing one of those dog vests that say "nervous" on them.
ooh, idea hit me out of nowhere immediately upon seeing this thread!
just regular ol stardew valley! but awful if you like the marriage aspect of stardew.
  1. The game is actually pretty normal except for these rules. No restriction on your farming, mining, fishing, or foraging. Or what your farmer looks like/what farm type you chose. You get the idea.
  2. If you die in combat, you permanently lose the ability to gain friendship points with one random bachelor(ette), including Krobus. This includes quests on the board at Pierre's store, as well as quests you get in the mail on certain days. This does not include the friendship reward you get at the Luau or the bulletin bundles at the Community Center.
  3. If you pass out from exhaustion, same above applies.
  4. If you fail to make it to bed before 2 AM, same above applies.
  5. Which bachelor(ette) (or Krobus) you lose access to is determined by spinning a wheel.
  6. You're not allowed to side with Joja. You just left Joja for crying out loud, and you're ready to start a comfy new life tending to your plants and animals and live in a sweet cottage with a spouse!
  7. If you lose access to all 13 marriage/roommate candidates, your hopeless romantic little farmer heart quits this new life, moves out, and goes back to working at Joja. In other words, game over.
  8. If the wheel determines that you lose access to your current spouse/roommate, you have to divorce/evict them.
  9. The goal is to complete the Community Center with as few people torn away from you as possible, and also marry/move in with someone. Perfection is practically impossible in this run, don't bother unless you're a masochist and willing to waste literal months.
  10. You can do remixed bundles in the Community Center if you want.
enjoy.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Jumping off of Matty's XIV idea, for those who want to suffer:
1.) Get to floor 200 of Palace of the Dead on the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV as a solo player, and unlock the Necromancer Title

That's it, that's the rule, I'm not going to put more on top of that I'm not an asshole.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
Jumping off of Matty's XIV idea, for those who want to suffer:
1.) Get to floor 200 of Palace of the Dead on the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV as a solo player, and unlock the Necromancer Title

That's it, that's the rule, I'm not going to put more on top of that I'm not an asshole.
Bet

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
Here's a ruleset based on Nintendo's favorite Mobile Gacha Moneymaking game, Fire Emblem Heroes!
1. One summon for every full story chapter that you complete. This refers all five maps of a chapter.
- You can choose which banner you get to summon on
- Book 1 Intermission Maps do not count as a story chapter. They can be cleared to unlock Sacred Seals and Weapon Refines
- Dupes Clause is off for summons. Enjoy your free Wrys merges!

2. If a unit dies in battle, they can no longer be used in battle.
- This also applies to multiple copies of the same unit. If one copy of that unit dies, then all present and future copies of that unit are not allowed to be used in battle.

3. Skill Inheritance, Weapon Refinery, Unlock Potential, and Merges are allowed as long as it’s only with units that you have summoned.

4. Special Training maps and Training Tower cannot be used for leveling up units until you have completed all of Book 1.

5. Other maps such as those from the Events Tab can be cleared for bonus rewards at your own risk.
- You are not allowed to clear the daily GHB maps or other maps that involve using units that are not your own such as Hall of Forms.

6. Story Maps must be cleared in order

7. Run ends when all Lunatic Main Story maps have been cleared. Normal and Hard Story Maps do not count for the challenge or as story chapters for Rule 1
- There are currently six books with 13 chapters in each book so have fun with that!

- You are only allowed to use one of the free Takumi, Virion, Raigh, or Matthew that you start with. Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna are okay to use.
- The run begins with Book 1 Chapter 1 Normal. You do not have to go back and clear Book 1 on Lunatic
- Perform a full summon on any banner and select four of the five heroes that you have summoned. This is your starting team. The unselected hero cannot be used.
- Your starting team is leveled up to 20 using shards and crystals. The run begins with Book 1 Chapter 1 Lunatic.
- Dragonflowers, Sacred Seals, and Changing/Ascending Traits are all banned since you're likely to already have the resources to do these while a new account cannot.

Some Optional Rules, feel free to suggest more!
(New Account Only) You are not allowed to use the free Fjorm, Eir, Peony, Reginn, or Ash from clearing Chapter 1 of their respective books
(Any Account) You can do this challenge with the paralogue maps instead, but are only allowed to perform a summon for every two paralogue chapters that you clear
EDIT: A slightly better ruleset because the above rules look unnecessarily convoluted now that I think about it

Last edited:

Leon Yorunaki

I'll Spirit Shackle you!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
This one ruleset is old. Like, more than 10 years old. But who cares if we could take that time to polish it?

(Also known as "Jagd rules everywhere")

1- Can only recruit a member from the first mission after placing a new location at the map. Any other member that asks to enter the clan must be dismissed. (yes, you'll make a lot of people cry)
1.1- Since you start the game with 3 locations in the map, you're allowed to start with 3 team members. Since Marche/MC and Montblanc are forced into the team, before you engage at the first mission, RNG a number between 3 and 6. The chosen character gets to stay, dismiss the others.
1.2- Using the "(Race) Wanted!" missions is fair game (these have 100% recruitment rate, opposed to the usual 20~50% base. But, since they only appear with a team of 6 or less, it's a fair chance to round up your team if you lose too many units)
1.2.1- Secret characters are banned (mostly because all of them are post-game). Semi-secret characters are allowed if you want to gamble for the lower recruitment chance.
1.2.2- Ally Finder( /2) are allowed.

2- Once a member dies, it must be dismissed from the clan right after the battle
2.1- If the main character dies, RNG two members and dismiss them (otherwise, just call it a game over if you want to be true to the nuzlocke ruleset).
2.2- If Montblanc dies outside a Jagd, engage inside a Jagd as soon as possible, kill him and leave the battle, so it can be really "dead" and out of the clan (because he can't be dismissed otherwise)
2.3- Roulette move is bullshit (basically, it's an OHKO move with 100% accuracy that targets a random unit, either yours or your opponent). I won't judge you if you add a bullshit clause due to that.
2.4- Angel Rings are banned. Auto-life is banned. Phoenix Down/Tail are allowed to be used on opposing units only.

3- You can quit random battles and secondary mission battles, but not plot-relevant battles.
3.1- Grinding is allowed (and recommended!)
3.2- Try not to break the level curve too much, it's supposed to be a challenge!

4- Nono's shop (if you can have access to trading with other games) can be restocked every time you are denied a valid nuzlocke recruitment.

5- Nuzlocke is won after defeating the major boss Li-Grim's second form.

Hope I've covered everything. I did a few playtests during all this time but have a bad habit of missing things when it's time to document

• eyes
Reactions: Bug

Toyotasomi no Miko

Toyo the Toyo, ft. Ultra Eviolite Rhydon
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Howdy! I'm Toyo the Toyo. So this is what the inside of a Pokedex is like...
How about another JRPG that's a long runner? May as well do one I'm familiar with.

0. Whether you want to start the challenge from the start of the game or when you get to the town that lets you actually add party members is up to you. It's not absurdly different between each play, but it does have what weapon you want to focus your player character on. This is basically just the Pokéball clause that some folks use.

1. When you reach a new town after the first, you may create a character (or two, if you aren't confident in your DQ skills/think that 11 characters are too few. i haven't tested this much, but a solo is possible so this should be as well) of whatever class you desire. Note that you can only have 8 non-protags recruited at once, so you may have to either note down you can make one somewhere or delete dead people for good. The following are what I intended, but there's a few that are borderline if you wish to look at those. Spoilers for those if you want relatively blind, highlight to reveal.
Stornway, Zere, Coffinwell, Porth Llaffan, Dourbridge, Bloomingdale, Gleeba, Batsureg, Wormwood Creek, Upover

2. If a character dies, they're dead for good. Take them out of the party as soon as you can.

2a. Given the Protagonist is unable to be removed from the party, if THEY die, you have a number of options.
- If you're familiar with a save editor and have access to that, switch them as normal and try to ignore the plot holes.
- Toss another character into the dead box.

3. (optional) Write random stories or bites of lore about all of them and their adventures for the emotional attachment so you can proceed to get sad when they die.

Run is completed after defeating the final boss and the credits roll. Postgame is optional, but there's not any new character recruitment opportunities. It's just throwing yourself at the postgame dungeons a lot. See how many you can complete before you lose your whole team!
Have fun! Or don't. I can't tell you what to do.

Jasen

Yo, watch out. *I'm* gonna be champ.
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 28, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Poison
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
What's this white box for? Wait, I cant get out. HEY! YOU READING THIS! HELP ME OUT PLEASE! IM TRAPPED IN THIS BOX!
I came up with this as soon as I saw it: It's simple, but quite difficult.

Objective: Beat Worlds 1 through 8 all the way through without touching a single Tanuki Leaf

Special Worlds are optional

Rules:
1) No Tanuki Leaves of any kind, especially not the gold ones. The only exception is if it is absolutely necessary to obtain a star medal (i.e. spinning a gear in order to get high enough to grab the star medal), but immediately after, you must lose the tanuki leaf.
2) To move on to the next level in a world, you MUST have all 3 star medals and a gold flagpole.
3) All Power Ups except the Tanuki leaf, the Stone Leaf, the Gold Leaf, and the P-wing are allowed.
4) The Infinite Life method is allowed up to 150 lives. You will likely need them. For info on how to do the infinite life method, look that up yourself nerd im not your dad.
5) Not a hard rule but this game was developed to make use of the 3DS's unique 3D capability, so having it on the proper hardware is recommended for your own sake. Kudos if you manage to beat it without 3D though, that is an achievement.

I dub this challenge Super Mario: I Hate Nature

I hope someone tries this, I really wanna see it done.

Last edited:

Nate

A friend
Streamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
I killed a man and hid his body underneath my floor, but the gasses escaping his bloated corpse constantly vex me! It truly is the Tell-Tale Fart.
Ow_the_edge.jpg

Goal: To complete every ending of the game's Story Mode and defeat the final boss.

Rule #1: Weapons - You may only use the first weapon you grab in a level. Getting refills of that weapon's ammunition is fine, but if you drop the weapon or run out of ammo then you must complete the rest of the mission bare-handed. Stages that require the use of a specific item (like the Vacuum Pod) to progress are exempt from this rule.

Rule #2: Path - When you enter into a level, you must declare which of that level's goals you will be attempting to complete: Hero, Neutral, or Dark. If you lose a life, complete a goal besides the one you declared, or the goal you declared becomes uncompletable, then you must reset and start the Story Mode over again. However, this goal that you declared but failed to complete is no longer able to be completed at all. If at any point the challenge becomes uncompletable because you no longer have a path toward a needed ending, then the challenge is failed and you must restart from the beginning.

Optional additional rules could also include restricting or preventing use of the items from the Shadow Box or adding an additional goal of collecting all secret keys in each level.

Last edited:

DIO

🍷 The Invader 🍷
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. Beautiful
Pokédex Entry
This user isn't really DIO, but rather, a very dedicated gimmick account.
GTA IV if it were realistic ruleset:

1. If your friend dies horribly during an outing, you can never hang out with them again.
2. If a mission giver dies during a mission, you cannot accept missions from them again (and will probably have to reset the game RIP)
3. Depending on how you get Wasted, there are two outcomes:
a) Continue playing normally (wasted from stab or punching wounds)
b) Reset the game. You are DEAD!!! (wasted from gunshot wounds, falling, drowning or an explosive)
4. If you get busted with more than 3 stars then it's game over, Niko will spend the rest of his life in prison.
5. You must sleep at one of your safehouses and eat food (Cluckin' Bell, hot dog stands, etc) everyday.
6. The nuzlocke ends when you kill Dimitri.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Alright, I've got not one but two rulesets for The Wandering Village: The RETURN run and the FRUSTRATION run! Please note that these apply for the current build of the game (as of September 29th, 2022) and that, as the game is in Early Access, the rulesets might have to be altered for future play.

1. Make it to day 60 without losing ANY villagers to starvation, sickness, or scouting events.
  2. You must accept ALL nomads and settlers you encounter.
  3. You may NOT build the Bile Extractor, Blood Extractor, or Dung Extractor, though you may research them to unlock other technologies. You may not harvest any of Onbu's spines for stone. Onbu already grants us so much!
  4. You MUST research the Hornblower, Onbu Doctor, Pet Onbu, Onbu Kitchen and Onbu Feeding Trebuchet before anything else.

1. Make it to day 60 without losing ANY villagers to starvation, sickness, or scouting events.
  2. You may NOT accept any nomads or settlers you encounter.
  3. You may NOT build the Hornblower, Onbu Doctor, Onbu Kitchen or Onbu Feeding Trebuchet, though you may research them to unlock other technologies. You may harvest Onbu's spines for stone.

I feel like the Frustration run's gonna be a lot tougher than the Return run. If you try either of em out, please let me know!

Zaazaa0

Lad
Godfather
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
  1. Clever
Pokédex Entry
In 1989 Dawkins commented, 'The word meme seems to be turning out to be a good meme' (Dawkins 1989).
TTYD nuzlocke-type runs have always had an imbalanced level of risk, since under most permadeath rulesets, you either use Mario as a shield for the partners, or the partners as a shield for Mario, depending on whether or not Mario dying ends the run. I'd like to make something that's more balanced, where there's a similar level of risk from anyone dying, and so I give you this:

1. You can only use one of each badge. So if you have two Pretty Lucky badges, treat the second one as if it doesn't exist at all.

2. If Mario ever hits 0 HP, all badges you had equipped at the time become unusable. Take all equipped badges off and never use those ones (or duplicates of them) again. Double Pain is exempt from this rule and is freely usable, if you want to make the run harder.

3. If Mario hits 0 HP while having no Badge Point slots filled at all (that is, if you have no badges equipped except ones that cost 0 BP), the run is over and you lose.

4. If any party member except Mario hits 0 HP, that party member is unusable for the rest of the game, unless required outside of battle to progress. (If there's an item that you can only get with that partner, but you don't need to get that item to beat the game, you can't get it.)

5. If you run out of living partners, you must keep Mario in front at all times during battle, and whoever is in the back can only Defend.

6. Life Shrooms are banned.

Optional bonus rules to prevent cheese:

7. You must always have your BP slots as full as possible. (For example, if you have 15 BP, and the usable badges you have cost 12 BP in total, you must equip ALL of them. If you then pick up a badge that costs 4 BP, you'll have to rearrange your badges to fill all 15 BP, if it is possible to do so.)

8. You must upgrade BP on level-up at least once per chapter. (So you should have at least 6 BP by the end of chapter 1, 9 BP by the end of chapter 2, and so on up until 27 BP by the end of the game.)

The run ends when you beat the final boss and reach the credits, but if you're feeling extra spicy, after beating the game you can try to beat the Pit of 100 Trials with whatever badges and partners you have left!

Last edited:

Tiefling_Beret

i have become one with gorb
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 13, 2022
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He, Him, His, They, Them, Their
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon found recently in the Sinnoh region. Claiming it wanted to be a Psychic type, it went on a rampage, almost razing Iron Island.
BoTW Weaponlocke with lots of variant rules about horses!

Weapon Deterioration: If Link dies with a Weapon equipped (the term 'Weapon' includes Bows and Melee Weapons) or breaks it, he cannot use the same Weapon again.
- Master Clause: The Master Sword is exempt to Weapon Deterioration. However, if the Master Sword runs out of energy, Link can never use it against the enemy it ran out of energy against again. If it ran out of energy being used against an object (for example cutting down a tree), Link can still use it in the same way.

Honor or Death: All four Blights and Ganon in all his forms must be defeated before the run is over. Using Glitches is considered dishonorable and causes Link to Deteriorate a Weapon if you perform one.

P2W is Cringe: Using DLC Items is prohibited.

HOOOOOORSE: Using a horse is based. If a horse owned by Link dies or Link kills an enemy horse, the Weapon used to kill them is Deteriorated.
- Boar vs HOOORSE: If Link's Horse dies while fighting Dark Beast Ganon then the Run Fails.

Divine Shrines: If Link collects enough Spirit Orbs to gain an extra Wheel of Stamina or a Heart, Link may instead un-Deteriorate a Deteriorated Weapon.

kururu

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Right, so. Nuzlockes have both the mechanic of limited resources and permadeath.

I'm doing your challenge, mostly because FFXIV is already handled even if I'd handle it differently. Animal Crossing Nuzlocke. This will be in New Horizons. I'm doing a run of this, so expect edits when it comes to edge cases.

1) New game. Choose the first island layout.
2) You may not allow anybody to move out, and must recruit whatever villagers you see first.
3) You may only make each recipe once (Unless required for main story - aka to get the villagers to move in). You, of course, can sell and buy whatever items you can from those Nooks. It's against the spirit of the rules to grind Nook Miles and buy items from that, but. If you wanna grind for recipies and items, I can't stop you. (Hard mode: You may only buy tools from them, no furniture.) Still deciding how to handle recipies that require certain items. Either you need to make a choice or you can do More Mixing.
4) No time travel, no amiibo, no glitches, no internet connection. Visual mods are fine. If you get a dog and wanna replace them with Bow? Go for it. I miss that good boi. If I try this, I'm gonna go for the Pink Mod.
5) If you catch multiple of the same bug or fish, you must release any but the first you get, and cannot sell it nor can you donate it to the mueseum. (This is because of the mechanics wherein some fish are only unlocked after catching a certain amount.)
6) You may only build one of each accessability thing (bridge, incline).
7) HARD MODE: On Nook Islands, you may not bring flowers or trees home.

Your goal, again, is to get a three-star island, and get the credits. The failure state?

it's animal crossing there's no failure state just a long grind

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread