• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Fabulous Fakes

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Having recently booted up Pokemon Snakewood again for the first time in over a year, I wanted to create an apprecication thread where folk can share favourite, bizarre or just plain rage-inducing fakemon they're encountered while playing hacks.

For me, my current favourite is Ramshaker - it has a slightly unsettling design that appears to be three conjoined yellow buffalos peeking at the viewer with one baleful eye. Ramshaker evolves at level 31 from another fakemon, Calfby (below) - but only if its Attack and Defence stats are equal, similar to Tyrogue. A Calfby with an elevated Attack stat evolves into Tauros, while a Calfby with an elevated Defence stat evolves into Miltank (no, I haven't yet investigated whether this means you could create female Tauroses or male Miltanks yet...).

As an added bonus, Calfby's abilities are Limber or Hustle - a Ramshaker evolved from a Limber Calfby will have the Thick Fat ability, but a Hustle Calfby will become a Ramshaker with Huge Power... so always have a Pokemon with Thunder Wave to hand when hunting your perfect Calfby!

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.

may i introduce

two floofs xDDD

These are Hamstar and Snuffuzz, from Pokemon Solar Light and Lunar Dark. They are the greatest floofbeans to ever exist. I called the one on my blind run "Celes" due to the lucky star on her back as a Hamstar, and the one in my current nuzlocke is called "Beachball" because round

also, i have a strange love-hate vibe with the baleful conjoined bulls xD kdhfjsdhg

Last edited:

Tai-Wind

Don't call it a comeback
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Beautiful
pokemon vega (and the other games in the "vega series", altair/sirius and procyon/deneb) is very widely regarded as having an extensive, well executed original fakedex. but one thing i've seen very few people talk about in regards to the vega series and its fakemon, is the fact that they decided to combat power creep the same way gen 4 did, by showing some love to old mons and giving them new evolutions.

cheauking is one of my favorites, being an evolution of weezing that gained the dark type. its ability changed to intimidate because they knew if this thing got levitate it'd be way too op. it also got increased offenses and physical bulk. i can't find proof of this because i don't remember where i saw the thread, but i distinctly remember someone somewhere asking for strategies for vega's final bossfight, which among other things contains an overpowered not-smeargle with insanely high physical attack, and someone recommended cheauking to combat it. that's how good it is.

another one i really like is ledybulk, the evolution of ledian. ledian got outclassed as a ladybug pokemon with the advent of orbeetle, but if gen 4 had been kinder to it, we could have had something like this. it's a bug/fighting type with stats slightly worse than heracross (except special attack, which this thing has a respectable 75 in), but the tradeoff is the variety of moves it can learn that heracross tends to lack, including HJK, the elemental punches, and a bunch of support stuff left over from its days as ledian. also it looks like a hecking kamen rider, what's not to love?

Last edited:

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've just set out on Pokemon Clover for the first time and I'm really impressed by how polished it feels and all the nice little features the creators have added (the Phys/Spec split, the exp share option, the highlighting of the nature-dependent +/- stat changes when viewing a Pokemon's profile etc.) - and of course the humour tickles me just right. Plus the FireRed base of this ROM means it's never too difficult to figure out where to go next so it's a nice and easy to play...

I was planning on Nuzlocking the game, but given all the cool Fakemon designs, I ended up with Kid In The Candy Shop Syndrome. Current favs are:

Maymay

I'm not a cat person (or even a dog person, maybe a rat or hamster person?) but something about this design really appeals to me. Maybe it's a subconscious Golden Ratio thing...

Rectreem

Of course I chose the Grass-type starter... and its final evo looks like something only Hieronymus Bosch could dream up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)