FAQ  Extravaganza 2022 — Discussion

Extravanganza Accordian Demo Extravanganza Accordian Demo Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
Featurer
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry he's ok i guess
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
unknown.png

Well hello there! If you're here to discuss, you're in the right spot. This is where discussion will take place for the 2022 Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza. This thread is more for quick questions, updates on our end, displays of hype levels for the event, all that jazz. If you have more in-depth topics pertaining to the Ganza, we'd like to ask that you either hold off until the Reflective thread after the Extravaganza, or contact me (or another member of the feature team) directly if it's urgent.

I'd like to thank Bug profusely for his help this year in some serious quality of life upgrades. As Pokemon fans we damn well know how big those can be between iterations, and Bug has delivered with some prime content, such as the shiny navigation bar at the bottom of this post. Meanwhile, I've posted a far less lustrous calendar below, to show when each period starts and ends. Bear with us if any delays occur, but we'll be attempting to stick to this timeline as close as possible.

Happy Nuz Year, friends!

Ganza Period
Start Date
End Date
Promos
January 1st​
January 15th​
Nominations
January 16th​
January 26th​
Voting
February 5th​
February 15th​
Results
February 18th​
N/A​
Reflective
February 25th​
~1-2 weeks after​

Promos​
Nominations​
Voting​
Results​
Reflective​

Last edited:

effsnares

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Badges
Pronouns
they/them
Dex Entry This tired comic artist loves to curl up with a cup of tea and draw stuff that will hurt their readers.
Pronouns
they/them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
HYPE HYPE HYPE!! Thank yall and thank god bug for the navigation yeeesss

Reactions: Bug

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry Tired, beleagured amateur author with an unhealthy addiction to Isekai. He's kinda funny, though!
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
very spangly this year! :o

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Another year, another Ganza. Excited to see how it goes!

llyarden

Perpetual Lurker
Badges
Pronouns
He/him
Dex Entry Entry unknown.
Pronouns
He/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lonely
A question - given that we have to submit our usernames to vote (and presumably they will be checked before the decisions are made), why are we not allowed to vote if we use a VPN?

Vivace

Designated Meganium Defender
Contributor
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him / They/Them
Dex Entry This pokémon had a crippling addiction to the hokey pokey, but with the right support, they turned themself around
Pronouns
He/Him / They/Them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO
HERE WE GO
(i am excited)

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Badges
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
A question - given that we have to submit our usernames to vote (and presumably they will be checked before the decisions are made), why are we not allowed to vote if we use a VPN?
It checks for IP, which helps prevent duplicate voting and also potential issues like people voting under someone else's name. Because, well, they could still do that but now they can only do it once.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Yessss event hype!! Very excited to write out some promos tomorrow, limiting it to just five is gonna be hard LOL. The curse of reading great stuff from all three mediums…

• Haha

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Badges
Pronouns
They/Them
Dex Entry Leader of the Zombies. Standoffish but fun, not the most social of beings. Frequently seems trying to corral wayward zombies.
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
LETS GOOOO

Rorke

BADA BING BADA BOOM
Badges
Pronouns
Unspecified
Dex Entry For reasons unknown, this Pokemon would rather stay up late listening to his playlist than get a good night's rest for tomorrow.
Pronouns
Unspecified
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 23, 2022
Nature
Lonely
AYYYYYY

I’m so hyped to be participating this year!

poopawman

High-end Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him/all masculines
Dex Entry Used to be frequent, but has matured into a lazy son of a--
Pronouns
he/him/all masculines
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Welp, I was never qualified then, I sure am not qualified now. I haven't updated my runs since '21, and i've barely been on here as of late.

DIO

🍷 The Invader 🍷
Badges
Pronouns
「 The World 」
Dex Entry A shitposting vampire with all the time in the world matched with a very questionable sense of humour.
Pronouns
「 The World 」
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Every year I put progressively less effort into the Nuzlocke Extravaganza. By 2024, maybe I'll have only written one sixth of a promo for a nuzlocke that hasn't updated in 5 years.

MegaInfernape

Wisher for the Return of Megas
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry Has a very erractic mind. It is not uncommon for it to be seen moving from one activity or project to another.
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 13, 2022
Nature
Hasty
First ganza lesgo!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Badges
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Note: It won't let me choose any categories as my sister (in the same household/same IP) has already voted :(
Saw this, I’ll see what workarounds i can find if any. it may just result in a manual vote in by DM, more than likely. I’ll try to get a format that’ll keep it just as simple.

Dustox

Earnest Expressive Entomologist
Badges
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry This user gets a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs.
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
My first Ganza as a regular member since 2014! Crazy to think about tbh.

Good luck to everyone in the Ganza! And much love to the Ganza organizers this year. 💚💚💚

Last edited:

DIO

🍷 The Invader 🍷
Badges
Pronouns
「 The World 」
Dex Entry A shitposting vampire with all the time in the world matched with a very questionable sense of humour.
Pronouns
「 The World 」
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Not naming names here, but has anyone noticed how oddly specific some of these comic extra categories are? Almost as if they were jokingly suggested for only one winner in mind?

I admittedly don't really read comics anymore, but there's like seven that I can only think of 1-2 nominees with, and I don't think it'd be fair for everyone if they were to get added.

Users who are viewing this thread