• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

FAQ  Extravaganza 2021 – Discussion Thread

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile
Okay I just
I wanna thank everyone who voted for my antagonist. This... this has been a dream. I honestly didn’t expect to take first place for best antagonist. I’m really happy rn cause this, being in the ganza, taking first place of one of the categories, has been a little dream of mine ever since I first stumbled upon the nuzlocke community some years ago on DeviantArt.

I love this community, I love the people I’ve met here, and I just wanna thank everyone who voted for me. Y’all are absolutely awesome. I’ll keep doing my best to write an absolutely “awful” antagonist, to live up to this award. 🥰

• Love
Reactions: Dee

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
I am honored to be tied for second place in Best Worldbuilding in a Written Run, and congratulate @Erberor for first place and @SimplyUnknown for tying with me for second place. (I totally guessed that Erberor would win this one.)

I'm not too torn up about only getting Honorable Mention for Best New Written Run, and not surprised to see that @Spectacles tied for first (and I'm probably going to have to read All Our Futures if it's voted as good as The Hippocratic Oath). I'm also not surprised to see Spectacles take the prize for Best New Screenshot Run.

Congratulations to everyone who made it this far! It's certainly been a year of nuzlockes.

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
my
my god

okay
well! this is going. can i make it through this post without making a typo from shaky hands? let's see.

I'm... honestly so honoured?? happy?? something. something positive. to get a placement next to the frankly incredible runs that All Our Futures and The Hippocratic Oath are (and heck, I nominated Hippocratic Oath too! I think it's great). congrats @SayleeK and @Spectacles on the win, by the way! y'all definitely deserve it. also I need to catch up on Hippocratic Oath oh god

and just- y'all. holy SHIT. just. I'm so goddamn happy everyone likes Doc as much as I do. I'm really goddamn glad I did him enough justice to make everyone like him, too. thanks, all y'all, so much for the first place.

also congrats @Faleep for best antagonist (and please kick Bianca's dad in the shins for me thanks), @Erberor for everything you won in because damn! you deserve it! also @crashcrashcrash and @Kit_The_Feef, congrats on your placements too! oh and @pikafan96 congrats on Scout as well. truly the best Furret.

I... honestly? it's been less than a year since I found the forums. been way more time since I started reading 'lockes, but I've never really checked the forums past, you know, vaguely knowing they exist. still, I'm glad I found this place and by god I'm glad I could join this extravaganza. and holy hell I'm so happy that I didn't just participate, but actually won something here. this is way above my expectations guys it's just incredible.

god. this is so disorganized. i swear i'm a writer, guys, i just can't write actual posts to save my life lmao

Erberor

Who gave this bug a knife?
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Exercise extreme caution: May stab in the feels and wiggle the knife.
WELL UH THANKS EVERYBODY? WHAT?

I'm super honored to have won so many things, I don't know what to say... thanks to everyone who voted I guess!

Oh, and @Trollkitten I forgot to mention this earlier, but I'm really flattered that you consider TQD to be one of the greats and to see that you had so much confidence in the worldbuilding goblin's ramblings!

Oh, and I really enjoy how all but one of the best screenshot battle contenders were battles vs Red

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile
also congrats @Faleep for best antagonist (and please kick Bianca's dad in the shins for me thanks)

No promises but he does get beat up some more in some of the future chapters

crashcrashcrash

More like trashtrashtrash, amiright
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 11, 2021
Nature
Brave
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Flying
AHAHHHHH I thought this was going to be tomorrow,,,, not that I'm complaining?????

yeah i'm not about to be very comprehensible rn but!!

I literally
this is going to sound so lame XD
Like even before I joined, as I was writing my run, sometimes I would akjfhsdj just skim the most recent Ganza winners thread and go Wow, this community is so supportive and exciting, these people are so talented, I want to be a part of that, what would my stuff look like up there
Not seriously at ALL, mind you
but just a funny lil pipe dream, yano
And then I get nominated TWICE
and end up with TWO SILVERS
IN MY FIRST YEAR
screams into a pillow

Anyway good on yall, @Spectacles @Uberle @llyarden especially for bringing hekin STEEP competition, I can't believe my idiots are sitting next to yours
@Garish Garchomp @SprungGeoduck Good game, see you next year tho >:) can Queeje get a special trophy for at least being @/ed in the 1st place blurb

I wanna congratulate so many more people individually but would that be obnoxious,,, hm
NAW @aegagrusScholarship Congrats Doc you rascal, @Erberor PRAISE THE MOTH, @Nessi YES Orion my boy, @Whozawhatcha How are you so good,, at writing,,,, @SysterSyn How does it feel to officially own team rocket

Everyone did so gooood!! It is a joy and an honor and thank you especially to the feature team for doing this every year, it's a major inspiration to keep creating and sharing 😍 😭
I would say lemme stop before I get emotional but that ship has SAILED
But yeah congrats everyone who made it, here's to many more! 🎉🎉🎉

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
OL4E4fy.jpg

Thank you so much for giving me 3rd place for Writing Style and Antagonist for Changeling System! 😭

And a MASSIVE congrats to everyone else who won this year’s Extravaganza! God, I wish could throw confetti at the winners…*sigh*

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A reclusive creature. Can rarely be seen scavenging for food late at night.
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
MY BOY, HE WON!

I am genuinely so happy to have even been nominated let alone win anything, and even then getting second in overall best screenshot run is amazing!
I want to thank everyone that read, nominated, and voted for my run - I love all of you; if I could give each of you a kiss I would!
I also want to congratulate all the winners and even everyone else who made it to the voting round; you should all be proud of yourselves!

I've only been an active member on the forum for about two years, but I have genuinely been enjoying every second I spend here - all of you are fantastic and we have such a great community.
I wish I could say more but I'm currently at work, I just wanted to stop in real quick to cry a little bit 😭

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
may... won???

holy shit

thank you all so much, I was feeling kind of cut out from the community this year for a variety of reasons so seeing that people still love LTEC to this level warms the cockles of my heart

congratulations to EVERYONE, of course, but especially @localhoney – I knew you were going for Best Overall this year and you deserve it

YumeTsuki

Professional Moron
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 1, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Occassionally appears on a whim.
Thank y'all for voting!

df0arh1-e3732051-37f8-492f-9304-f304eb8cbc1d.png

Very excited to have Yume make it to 3rd place! And what a 3rd place it is to be sharing it with Sergio XD
And a big congratulations to everyone else as well!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
The SSWL races were close this year!

@pikafan96 Second is the best, eh? 😎 And @Erberor , your dedication to the Almighty Moth continues to humble me. 🙇‍♀️ @Lumaeus , I love your gremlins so much.

I beat out @TheTRUEgge , @Derogatory Trainer , and @greenbeanbottle for Best Commentary Style!? Someone pinch me! 😭 I'm huge fans of all of your work. (I need to catch up on Reaction-locke and Sixlocke..! And I'm waiting with bated breath on the drop of the Fossil Fighters Champions run!)

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
I am totally humbled and honored to have gold and silver in Best New Run and Best Main character, respectively, for The Hippocratic Oath. As my first foray into the written story community (well, my first purely written story run, anyway), I was never expecting to get this much support and recognition. But to have that from you guys really means a lot. Because, even though it's just a nuzlocke I'm writing for fun, I can't deny that I'm putting a lot of my heart into it as a healthcare professional writing about the woes of healthcare. So thank you all for your readership and support! Also to my medal twins, @SayleeK and @crashcrashcrash , get ready because I am coming for you and your runs!!! This is why I love the Ganza so much- so many good runs get lost in the sauce to me but now that I've read your excerpts I have an intense Need to Read. And the fact that we're medal twins only makes that cooler.

Also, I am completely and thoroughly flabbergasted at taking gold for Best New Run for The Monstrosity. Especially considering my general attitude about that project has been "Dear sweet lord, no one should read this. I shouldn't even be posting this but I have no choice or else I will surely evaporate into the cosmos for having to keep all these rules straight by myself." But y'all are absolute madlads to here we are. Thank you all for enjoying what is essentially me getting mercilessly curb stomped by the RNG for lord knows how many pages straight. I'm glad I have someone to share my pain with.

A huge congrats to everyone who participated this year!! So many well-deserving runs. You guys are all so awesome, and it's such a joy to be able to share in all your adventures. I love meeting all your trainers, your Pokemon, and yourselves. I wish I had unlimited time so I could experience them all. Keep on creating, everyone!!

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A reclusive creature. Can rarely be seen scavenging for food late at night.
Last edited:

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
I've been meaning to read The Hippocratic Oath for a while and damn @Spectacles I guess this is the universe, or at least the forums, giving me a kick to go read it! But also oh my god, I was up against such talented competition in you, @aegagrusScholarship , @llyarden , @Trollkitten , @Whozawhatcha and @localhoney , all of whom are some of my favourite writers on the forums, and yet All Our Futures walks away with a gold and a half??? I am fucking OVERWHELMED by the outpouring of love for this angsty little stylistic experiment oh my god 😭

(Also very tickled that I got Best Death in Written and Screenshot. Guess I gotta start a comic to get the hat trick in 2023 huh)

MelloNyello

El Gran Pepega
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 16, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
Tri/Hard
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. ???
My only real interpretation on how I placed-

J3CIOtd.jpg

Nice to be nominated, but clearly either mistakes were made or users here are
Oh, and I really enjoy how all but one of the best screenshot battle contenders were battles vs Red
only receptive to Johto runs, not sure which.

Well, time to move on and train for another hundred years, see y'all another time.

Oh, and congratulations to everyone that got votes and what have you.

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
Wow. Dang. Not only did one of my runs get nominated--in two categories--it actually won in those categories. The good news for @Memento is that Liberty or Death is completed, so I fully expect Translucent Legends to get the top spot next year. Y'all hear me? And of course, big congratulations to @Mattman324 @Dee and @QuietGuardian for their placements as well! Thoroughly deserving.

So now I have not only a bronze medal, but half a silver as well. It's crazy because I never expected these runs to go anywhere. Not that I didn't enjoy them, but I was just doing my thing over in the corner as a Pokémon fan looking for the next way to get the most out of his games. I found the Nuzlocke Forums just looking for a place to post my runs, as much for my own sake as anyone else's, and here it turns out that y'all liked reading them. In a sense I feel unworthy, because I know I don't put nearly as much time or love into this community as many people, but I'm so grateful. I can't wait to read more runs and continue being a part, however small, of these forums. Thank you all!

Erberor

Who gave this bug a knife?
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Exercise extreme caution: May stab in the feels and wiggle the knife.
I wanted to come back in and drop some more coherent gratitude for the awards I've gotten.

First of all, thank you for the awards on Dust in the Wind 3, that run was a blast, and I'm glad y'all've enjoyed it so much. I'll do my best to match that performance in the future, but I dunno if I'll manage it with my meme-ery going forward.

The Quiet Dark has been, by and large, a grand experiment in worldbuilding. From the very start, the identity and writing of the story have been rooted in a setting that steps a fair bit beyond anything I've dared to write before. I mean, I've always been an avid builder, but I've never indulged the world crafting goblin in the back of my brain as much as I have with TQD. Was always kinda worried that if I went all in on it, it'd be too much, but it seems to be that people really appreciate all the effort I’ve poured into shaping the world of The Quiet Dark. Thank you, all of you, so much for this award for best worldbuilding, it means, well, it means the world to me. It makes me excited to dive in even further, and explore everything this and every other world I make has to offer.

Corviknight best birb

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2021
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
she - her
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Lives by the words "I'll do it tomorrow"
Wait, I got second? There had to be a mistake counting votes

Wow, ok, huge thank you to everyone who voted for me in most improved writer first of all. Never thought the first thing I've ever seriously written would get nominated for anything, let alone get second place. I'm thankful nonetheless of course. And congratulations to @QuietGuardian for placing first and @Moon for placing third!

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
Okay what the hell I got third for most improved
what the hell
but honestly yeah what @Corviknight best birb said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread