• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

FAQ  Extravaganza 2021 – Discussion Thread

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Hello again friends! This thread, as you may have guessed, is where discussion will take place for the 2021 Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza. As with last year, this is more for quick questions, shows of hype, updates on our end as to where we are in the process, all that. Which is to say, more in-depth discussion or reviewing of the Ganza should be held off on until the annual reflective thread that allows everyone to get into the nitty-gritty.

I've posted a calendar below for your convenience, to show when each period starts and ends. Bear with us if any delays occur, but we'll be attempting to stick to this timeline as close as possible.

Happy Nuz Year, y'all!

Ganza Period
Start Date
End Date
Promos
January 1st​
January 15th​
Nominations
January 16th​
January 26th​
Voting
February 6th​
February 16th​
Results
February 19th​
N/A​
Reflective
February 26th​
~1-2 weeks after​

OP
Garish Garchomp

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
I'm putting a reminder here as well: the rotational categories for this year's ballot are up for vote! You can cast your votes right here with this form until the end of the promo period in a couple weeks' time, so get to it!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
I'll be honest, I can't decide which two rotational categories to vote for. I like all three of them!

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
yessssss ganza time! I really like all three categories we can vote for, and it's super cool that we're able to vote at all!

Also, not sure if you've made the decision yet or not, but polling through the forums directly worked perfectly for me! I think that it's a great idea!

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
hello, and happy new year! It's my first time participating, so I'd like to ask this: Can we promote finished runs (the ones that were finished during 2021) or only ongoing ones?

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
hello, and happy new year! It's my first time participating, so I'd like to ask this: Can we promote finished runs (the ones that were finished during 2021) or only ongoing ones?
Glad to have you on board! Any run that updated in 2021 is eligible for the Ganza and therefore promotions, including ones that finished in 2021 - As a matter of fact, I've already seen a short Storylocke that was completed just a week or so ago at the end of December promoted, and that's one I was thinking of promoting myself when I have a chance! So if there's a run you wanted to show off that concluded in 2021, go for it c:

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
Glad to have you on board! Any run that updated in 2021 is eligible for the Ganza and therefore promotions, including ones that finished in 2021 - As a matter of fact, I've already seen a short Storylocke that was completed just a week or so ago at the end of December promoted, and that's one I was thinking of promoting myself when I have a chance! So if there's a run you wanted to show off that concluded in 2021, go for it c:
Thank you very much!!

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I have a quick question regarding nominations—what are the rules on nominating creative content runs, are we allowed? I know that Jet’s Black got nominations last year, but I’m largely asking because I’m curious if my Nuzlocke of Fossil Fighters counts as an eligible screenshot run.

OP
Garish Garchomp

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
I have a quick question regarding nominations—what are the rules on nominating creative content runs, are we allowed? I know that Jet’s Black got nominations last year, but I’m largely asking because I’m curious if my Nuzlocke of Fossil Fighters counts as an eligible screenshot run.
Yes! Creative content runs are allowed to be nominated.

OP
Garish Garchomp

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Yo yo yo! Nomination time is here, so go check out the thread and get your ballots in~

OP
Garish Garchomp

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Hi all! Quick announcement regarding a trend we're seeing in nominations.

So we've received quite a few ballots that contain nominations in the Best Antagonist category for... we'll say, thematic elements. This category, as we detailed in the category definitions, is really meant for characters or maybe groups of characters, rather than more abstract concepts or themes. For example, a racist character works, but the concept of racism itself not so much. As featurers, we decided that we should best nip this in the bud now, so that people skimming the thread for nom inspiration don't get the wrong idea, and so those who have made nominations of this ilk have ample time to make edits.

As a note, we are seeing SSWL runs get nominations in that category that are also non-character antagonists. However, due to the fact that these runs are so gameplay-focused and very often non-fiction, we feel that allowing some non-character antagonists (such as gameplay or meta elements) is necessary for the category in SSWL.

Thank you for understanding, and please let us know if you have any questions regarding this.

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
What is meant by OA run and SSWL run? Not a particularly ganza-related question, but I've seen those terms in these threads and I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
What is meant by OA run and SSWL run? Not a particularly ganza-related question, but I've seen those terms in these threads and I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.
I believe a SSWL stands for Screen Shot Written Locke, which is a person plays the game and takes screenshots of it and writes commentary as they go along. OA stands for Other Adventure and is for Nuzlockes/runs that dont qualify as valid nuzlockes, such as ones that break the death rule or content based on none pokemon games.

OP
Garish Garchomp

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Minor correction, SSWL is Screenshots and Written Logs! Encompasses everything from storyshots to basic gameplay logs, and everything in between. Nailed it otherwise tho!

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Hey! I don’t know if this question has been asked yet but for “best main character”, in an instance where there’s a run that’s a soul link and there are two main characters since there’s two players, can both characters be listed in the nomination or should I pick one of the two instead?

OP
Garish Garchomp

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Shoot, my apologies for missing out on this question! For future reference, yes, both characters can be on the nomination.

Also, voting is now up! You can find the thread here to view excerpts and start casting your ballots~

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Yeesh, if I'd known I'd be up against The Quiet Dark and Hands of Time in Best Worldbuilding in a Written Run, I probably would have chosen to enter the Best Antagonist category instead (although honestly it surprised me that so many people nominated the Four Heavenly Kings for that category). Still, I do feel somewhat good about seeing my nuzlocke nominated among two of the greats.

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile
I absolutely love the fact that two of the best antagonist entries are zombies runs that were spawned/built off of each other.
(Context, my run inspired @Uberle’s Greens Eggs and Ham and his protagonist Asclepius inspired my antagonist Girgio Lablanche)

OP
Garish Garchomp

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Yo yo yo! Congrats to all on a race well run! The results are live, and you can check them out riiiiiiight here~

(Oh yeah, that thread is locked, so post your comments, congrats, etc. here!)

Also, as with the last couple years, stay tuned for the Reflective thread in a week's time for discussion about the event itself to make next year's somehow even more incredible!

Uberle

Legends done, back to writing
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bothers him
Congrats to @Faleep for their victory in the ganza and our little friendly rivalry between zombie runs

Also congrats to @Garish Garchomp @Spectacles and @crashcrashcrash for their placements in Best Protag and a note that I am honored that Freak even managed a spot next to all of your protags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread