• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Extravaganza 2020 — Promos Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Here we are--it's time to feature some runs! Note that even though the expanded number is much appreciated, this was still hard as hell. Having to pick only five runs was incredibly difficult, and if I read yours and it didn't show up, it doesn't mean I think your run isn't deserving of the spotlight--it's that winnowing it down was one of the hardest things I've had to do! (I'm also prioritizing runs that haven't had a lot of showcasing in the thread yet, but that's still gonna leave many of my favorites on the chopping block... forgive me!)

de49lmm-f70d6059-9ad7-4a90-b9ac-f7aa79c9788f.png

BLOOMING GLORY by @Spacey

First up comes a run that honestly reminded me of why I love nuzlockes so much to begin with. There is so, so, so much I could say about this run: how the art style evolves from the early pages, the amazing cast of supporting characters, the pokemon who feel real and whose relationships drive the heart of the fic, the way it approaches topics like mental illness or poly romances with insight and respect. The best thing I can possibly say about this is this is the first nuzlocke run in a long, long while that left me not only crying, but full on bawling like a baby. I couldn't stop reading this comic when I picked it up earlier this year and it's quickly clinched a spot as one of my favorite nuzruns of all time... ever. Give it a look.

I've always wondered how to make a good nuzrun interpretation of a PMD game; the ruleset doesn't seem made for the varied gameplay. I'm a huge admirer of runs that adeptly manage to adapt the PMD series, and Where You Belong is one of the best. It stars Cass, a human who, predictably, gets transported to the world of pokemon in the body of a Mudkip. The early chapters explore Cass coming to terms with their new body--being captivated by the somehow-nostalgic scent of the sea, or finding joy in the simple act of splashing in the pond near their house. It's a real treat to read, and a fun exploration of what a PMD protagonist might actually feel upon being forced to confront a new set of instincts. But where the story really shines is in cyndakip's marvelous voice; every word feels conversational and intimate, and half the fun is simply losing yourself in minimalistic yet lush descriptions of Silent Chasm or the Sinister Woods. Cyndakip makes the PMD world feel magical and alive. This run is on hiatus, but that just means the time is ripe to pick it up! It's truly an unsung gem.

Are you like me? Are you a complete simp for Orre? If so, this is your run. There's a slew of great Colosseum runs right now, and Wanted! deserves to be one of the first you look at. Right off the bat, the comic hooks you with a compelling introduction--Yume, our main character, is a fascinating stand-in for Wes from the original game, and she perfectly toes the line between roguish charm and frighteningly reminding you the audience that yes, she is in fact a career criminal. Her bitter, cynical personality carries the early pages, but this is no grimdark run: laughs both light and dark abound to keep the smile on your face even as Orre's criminality unfolds a tale that so far is proving to be an adaptation of one of the franchise's darkest games that doesn't hesitate to pull its punches.

Thirteenth's Agency was one of my favorite storylockes of all time, a fabulous fic that asked tough questions about the pokemon world with a fantastic cast of characters. When it finished, I was left wanting more--and she provided. Family is the sequel to Agency, but is very much its own beast. A wistful exploration of Galar through one of Agency's side characters, both the unfolding League plot and even the pokemon themselves take a backseat to fascinating character study and amazingly cute romantic moments. In the end, this is a fic about love in all its forms--romantic, of course, but also familiar, platonic, and even the love between a trainer and their pets (or pokemon). It's hard to imagine a more magical or heartfelt conclusion to Agency's plotline that just works, yet stands on its own feet and then some.

If Where You Belong's entry above didn't clue you in, I'm a huge sucker for PMD--and OBT is the perfect way to scratch that itch. More than just being a simple adaptation of the second PMD game, OBT is already putting its own unique spin on story events and characters, with a fascinating exploration of the PMD universe to boot. There are mixed species (currently the gang is fighting against a Drowzee with some clear Musharna influence) and a colorful cast of side characters. The main protagonist Rune is a joy, managing to convey a huge breadth of emotions just through vision alone during her silent opening chapter... and when she finally finds her voice, it's one of the comic's most memorable moments. All this is wrapped up in a breathtakingly vivid pastel art style that oozes charm and personality through the characters and backgrounds. Definitely not one to miss!

Last edited:

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
alright, this is my first time ever actually participating in the extravaganza! let's go, promo time baby!

SvdRYTu.png

The Long Way - @Alex_Nidas

The Long Way follows Leo, a snarky and cocky trainer who believes that he's just playing another run of a pokemon game. But things quickly begin to change around him. Something's not quite right, and it's up to him and his team to find out what it is. The story becomes more and more wild and intriguing with each new page, so be sure you don't miss out on this crazy adventure!

AF8qMqZ.png

The Ballad of Brett - @RandomTrainer
Follow Brett on his journey through Kanto as he makes new friends and struggles through hardships. This unique little gem has an interesting art style and a color pallet reminiscent of the original Red and Blue games, giving it a very nostalgic feel! The designs of the pokemon are also very creative and fun to see, and there's a healthy amount of lore and worldbuilding sprinkled in as well. Overall a fantastic read that deserves much more attention than it gets.

de2hvg9-0695a8c0-2a13-4e08-9470-e0614656e609.png

By the Sword - @SnakeEyesDraws
By the Sword has already received a few promos, but it honestly deserves them all and more! It's a fantastic take on the story of the Galar region we know with a lovable cast of both humans and pokemon! Tumble is a young trainer who dreams of becoming the dragon type gym leader to follow in the footsteps of his idol, Raihan. Will he achieve his goal, or will he end up getting even more than he bargained for? Follow the comic to find out what this amazing artist has in store!

index.php

Atychiphobia - @Sarbear
A nuzlocke run named after the fear of failure? What could possible go wrong! Atychiphobia is off to a very strong start already with an intriguing cast of original characters and canon characters alike. The personalities and dialogue given to the familiar characters we know from the games add a new flavor to an already very spicy cast! The lore and worldbuilding is also very gripping and there's a constant underlying feeling of dread with each new page. Do yourself a favor and check out the thrilling adventure to come!

de2jpji-62ed7dda-1f5d-40ec-9974-1fe8ed2f9244.png

Dear Sergio
Ending this off with a quick and only somewhat shameless self promo. Take a trip to Galar and follow our main character Sergio, a young teen who has no interest in pokemon or the pokemon league. Much to his dismay, however, his relentless friend Hop drags him into a journey to take on the gym challenge and become the next champion of Galar.

Snow Studios

chaos- just chaos
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. ???
OK! Lets start this with-
de0a2xk-2cfb8e83-82cd-4ab5-adb2-2b3ce20a1f00.png

Here is the thread
This comic is great just from the art alone! Its also has such lovable characters and a awesome lead! And that lead is Autumn who is a human turned Pokemon by Palkia's mistake. Its a very fantastic read, go read it!

Next is Shining Sea which is done by Whimsical wolfa!
Here are the pages (its only on DA rn ^^)
Its a Black/ White 2 Zombielocke that follows Marella and her team's journey through Unova. It has absolutely stunning art and story! There is a lot of fantastic character designs for grunts, MC's and random NPC's! You get attached to the characters very quickly and I assure you that you wont be disappointed so how about you go and read it if your interested!

ok thats it from me for now, I hope you have a good day!

Pcaara

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dark
  3. Dragon
  4. Fighting
  5. Ground
  6. Cool
  7. Cute
  8. Tough
  9. ???
PROMO TIME PROMO TIME!
Ohhh MAANN i'm so excited to go through all the comic suggestions on here. I've found so many new ones to read already!

Here are some suggestions from my end:

severance_nuzforums_banner__2020_by_winterspheonix_ddvitzo-fullview.jpg

1) Severance by @Winterspheonix

Compelling
mystery, Excellent worldbuilding, and delightfully flawed characters
Severance follows protagonist Tala on her mission to [REDACTED]
You'll just have to read to find out ;) And trust me, the ride is definitely worth it! Wintersphoenix does an excellent job of setup and payoff with the mysteries here, all while throwing even more intrigue into the mix. The character interactions are organic, and just jam packed with history. Seriously, there's some wild baggage between some of these characters and i'm super enjoying watching it get slowly unpacked as the updates rage on. And don't even get me started on the worldbuilding. This aint your daddy's sinnoh, as this run is based on a viruslocke and that's reflected beautifully in the way society has restructured itself in light of some serious past events. I can't say much more than that right now, because alot of the fun really lies in unraveling the gifts that are this story's mysteries. So go check it out and make sure your fingers are stretched because some of the twists in this locke will have you blowing up the comment section.

de2hvg9-0695a8c0-2a13-4e08-9470-e0614656e609.png

2) By The Sword by @SnakeEyesDraws

Wonderful cast that must be protected, A realistic take on mental illness, and Asking the REAL questions about the
world of pokemon

SnakeeyesDraws' beautiful rendition of the Galar region welcomes the sheltered Tumble to its rolling hills as he and his friend Hop set off with the (somewhat cautious) endorsement of champion Leon to partake in their very own league challenge adventure! By the Sword continues to impress me with its focus on character relationships and expansive worldbuilding. For instance, the MC Tumble actually looks up to and aspires to be a gym leader rather than the champion, which adds a degree of realism to the world and agency to the character. And I wasn't kidding when I said this comic is out here asking the real questions about the pokemon world. From something as simple as "do pokemon hunt other pokemon" to more complex analysis of generational trauma (for both humans and pokemon), I can always depend on this comic to address its issues in a mature and intriguing manner. While the plot mostly revolves around that of the game at the moment, I can tell there's some big character moments being stocked up and I'm awaiting on baited breath for the payoffs that come with this journey (so long as they don't involve death because I legitimately can't take losing any one of Tumble's pokemon please). Head on over and give it a read, and yell at the artist about how gosh darn cute Harper is!

simple_banner_3final.png

3) Simple (an emerald normalocke)
by @sealclown

Summer vibes strong, soothing as a song, a purehearted romp through the wonderful region of Hoenn

Simple is...well, just that. Simple. A no-nonsense, chill read about protagonist Wuby collecting normal mon along her journey as a pokemon trainer. It's still in its very early stages, I suspect, but i'm already super invested in the characters AND the vibes. Everytime I pull up a page of simple, I feel like i'm taking a refreshing walk on a warm summer's evening, all while catching small glimpses of story here and there. The essence of this comic reminds me of movies like Kiki's delivery service at times, it's THAT cute. It's like ghibli made a pokemon movie. Like I said the comic is still in its early stages, so i'm unsure of what the future holds or if there will be any super serious plot involved (we have yet to hit the first gym and that's usually where things pop off) but in reference to plot elements i'm obligated to say that there is a certain aqua grunt and scientist that live in my heart rent free. Please go experience Simple. Because that's what it is at the end of the day, a lovely experience. And make sure to show the artist some verbal love!

I still have two slots left, but i'm also still reading some newer comics so I can recommend some of our more obscure brethren in this practice of committing a portion of your life to telling stories about monsters in balls. So hopefully I get a decent amount of reading done before the deadline! If so, i'll be back with more, so keep this spot nice and warm for me~

SysterSyn

The almighty dingo, provider of juice.
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It possesses only one singular braincell, which it uses to bully fictional characters and write comics about it..
When u want to promo people who have not had a promo yet, but people keep stealing them lmao
UH, I'M BAD AT WORDS AND I CANNOT DO THEM JUSTICE, BUT PLEASE READ THESE RUNS THEY ARE ALL VERY GOOD. READ ALL THE OTHER RUNS TOO. EVERYONE IS SO TALENTED HERE YOU ALL DESERVE THE WORLD HECK <3

Uh, click the banners for links~

-----------

By @slinkyarts
A new run for this year, but already on it's 9th chapter,
Slinky's run is thoroughly intriguing, and has a
particularly interesting take on the starter too- though
I'll leave that for you to find out ;)
It's not updated in a while, but definitely worth the
read!
debr4cg-485750d8-93ca-4139-9a59-4d2b93074086.png

-----------

By @Velink
Chock full of fun characters, lighthearted humor, and
references from every corner of the franchise, Lillielocke
is a very unique run in the best possible way, and you
can never know quite what to expect around every
turn. It's already at it's 8th gym too- so plenty to catch
up on!
debr4ck-991003f1-9da0-41cd-ab76-eebb65e45e1c.png

-----------

By @Krisantyne
This comic has come a long way over the years, and
just keeps getting better! Every panel looks stunning,
and the background design is absolute goals honestly.
First Summer has you fully immersed in the world and
story, and is a must-read for anyone.
debr4cz-1c11fee7-aa92-4f43-ba68-dd233ff81e63.png

-----------

By @Zero
One of my all-time faves, if not for the delightful art
style, then for the perfect blend of comedy and
emotion. The characters are well developed and
completely charming, and it's... it's just a really good
read okay.
debram0-cb22c787-c1b8-4739-a737-0d3c14cfce2a.png

-----------

By @Kadew

An adorable and charming nuzlocke that's packed with
character. It's entertaining, every intereaction is a
delight, and the expresiveness really brings it to life. And
I mean, it's full of cute birds too- what's not to love?
debr4cn-dd8307e4-14ed-42c6-80ae-0827024c8ea0.png

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Snickering, Touko kicked at his foot under the table. Then the smile dimmed slightly. "I have to ask, what are you going to do once this is all over?" Blue paused, staring down at his half-eaten steak in silence. Touko reached out and covered a hand with her own. "You know I meant that offer about you staying with us if you want to. You don't need to stay in Kanto."

"...Wouldn't that mean he wins though, if I leave?" the gym leader asked quietly. "Wouldn't that make everything I did for nothing?"
Healing Wish by @SimplyUnknown

Already recommended by our favorite Bowser, Healing Wish focuses on not one, but two trainers making their way through the Unova region: Blue Oak, the Viridian City Gym Leader and former Kanto League Champion, who's taking a not-so-family vacation in Unova to get away from the... less than stellar experience of dealing with his family and the unreasonable expectations placed on his shoulders, and Touko Sasaki, a girl from Nuvema Town who's taking up her own journey in search of her brother, who disappeared during his own journey half a year prior. As you might expect from the journey of a trainer, things... don't go quite as smoothly as either of them had hoped - And the two grow closer together as they try to help each other cope and make it through the messes they've found themselves in.

A Written Story run sitting at 31 chapters as of this writing, and without even a banner of its own (the mark of a truly hidden gem), Healing Wish is a joy to read, and one that I can always find the mental ability to read upon updating, even on the days when my ADHD is at its worst. If you have any interest in Written Story runs, I could not recommend this one more highly.

---

tumblr_inline_ow75rolxjh1uwv284_540.png

Pouch Creatures Dark Difficult Version by @Empty Sun

On a much lighter note (despite the Dark in the title) comes Pouch Creatures Dark Difficult Version, or Pocrenuz for short! Another run of Pokemon Black, but on a much goofier end of the spectrum, Pocrenuz in my mind hearkens back to the early, sillier days of Nuzlockes in the best possible way. If you've ever wanted to see a Snivy lift a bookshelf over her head and beat someone to a pulp with it, you will not be disappointed. With a simple art style reminiscent of old school MS Paint art and some of my favorite expressions around (no, really, please look at this), if you're a fan of lighthearted hijinks I would recommend Pocrenuz in an instant.

Oh, and as a bonus, if that's not enough to persuade you? Check out this very round bird. Who can say no to a bird that round? I can't, why do you think I made that meme of it? Go support this very round bird.

---

More coming soon...​

Giogeth

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 14, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Giogeth is a large draconic looking pokemon who has nebula's swirling within their wings and star like patterns. They will often be friendly.
unknown.png

Flickering stars by Zonathesona

A nuzlocke about a human namned amala who has been teleported to a pmd ified alola region. Where outlaws run rampent. She armed with only her knowledge of the pokemon games and a new inkay/abra form joins a noibat named Noi in helping hunt down these outlaws.

Don't evolve by @Faleep

A written locke that is about a world where the zombie virus has infected the pokemon world. Evolution provides the energy for the virus to turn pokemon hense the name Don't evolve. The story begins well mid run where the starter has evolved into a dewott (you can evolve into middle stages but its risky) and they have caught a few mons.

https://deviantart.com%2Fthegalacticdragon%2Fart%2FEsen-Haunted-House-858133217 Rekindled flames by Zonathesona

A locke about a werepokemon who was abandoned by their tribe and adopted by team aqua leader Archie and Aqua admin shelly. She is tasked with raising a zorua/kyogre hybrid up to full strength and winds up traveling the hoenn region causing caos for the gyms.

TBA

TBA

localhoney

the smooth jazz of bastards
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Poison
Aurea's dandelion is a wonderful recreation and imagining of Sonia and Leon, and their relationships. She weaves together the past and the present in a way that brings all of the characters in this fic to life. Above all, the dreamlike quality of the prose makes reading through this breezy and comforting, in a way that few fics accomplish. Even if you're not typically one for written runs, dandelion will bring you over to its side and make you wonder what you've been doing all this time.
If you've read Ghost in the Machine, you already know that Whoza is an incredibly talented writer. But Come Hell or High Water takes her talents to a whole 'nother stratosphere. It's still early in the fic, only 10 chapters in total so far, but there is so much love and care woven into each word of each chapter that it's hard to imagine this story not existing. Tamaya, an aura guardian on temporary vacation to Alola, is finding ways to work through her trauma and maybe even help others through theirs. Whoza makes you naturally root for Tamaya and hope that all her troubles can be lifted, even within the first few lines. Jump on this bandwagon as soon as you can!
Thirteenth's Agency is one of the best stories I've read here on the forums. Poignant, clever, and of course, incredibly well-written. So a romantic fic following the main characters of Agency in Naomi and Kenneth to Galar, that inevitably ends in a proposal (I mean, c'mon, it's in the title) was a no-brainer of a must-read for me. Even if you don't have the time to read Agency or to know who the older characters are, Thirteenth gives a small summary before each update for any context you might need. Trust me, you don't want to miss how Thirteenth brings her OCs to life in Galar alongside some incredible characters, particularly Sonia and Raihan.
This one originally didn't have a banner, but the writing is so incredible that it speaks for itself. Call of the Divines wrapped towards the end of 2020 and it was well-worth the wait. Llyarden transforms Johto (and Kanto, in his sequel, Path to the Stars) into a mythical fantasy realm, complete with magic, royalty. Oh, and a protagonist who's somehow been pulled from Earth to Johto. On first glance, a 100+ chapter commitment is difficult to get started. However, I can promise that this story flies by once it gets its feet set. Seeing Carlei, Ethan, and their company travel across the region under threat of arrest by King Lance is an incredibly exciting adventure that you should not miss.

Last edited:

satanicswirlix

You EEDIOT!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
B̵͎͗e̶͊ͅh̶̩̒ì̸̪n̵̼͐d̸̥̚ ̷̀ͅy̷͎̓o̷͚̊u̶̗̕.̶̻̒
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
it's pronouns-ed "STEEL-ix"
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
  3. Ghost
  4. Poison
  5. Cute
  6. ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon fails at life. When she isn't seen animating 2D breasts for her nuzlocke, she often watches anime, or sucks at video games on Twitch.
ddvskcm-38f7bbfd-ba6a-4907-8dfb-b2784899113a.png

Sundowner by @Dschubba

Do you like buff women, cute rats, and beautifully rendered art? Then Sundowner is the run for you! Sundowner is a unique take on the Alola region, following detective Lehua and her partner Litten. Every panel of this comic has so much love put into it, and it should be a crime that more people aren't talking about it.

ddpyfrx-55e9d25b-c4e7-40b8-b9ec-9f3089b9ebf9.png

Kurukkoo! by @Kadew

A very light-hearted, enjoyable run! This is the first comic I've read where I didn't want to punt Blue. The two rivals travel together in this, and it's cute! I've found myself loving every character, so check it out!

soul_brothers_comic_cover__new__by_gecko_nuzlockes_deboa8a-pre.jpg

Soul Brothers by @GECKO

A cute nuzlocke with a fun premise. The protag has an 25KG CROCODILE for a brother! You fuck with either of them, and you'll end up being tomorrow's dinner.​

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
The Thorn by @Epsilon

1M8lHOE.png

Did you know that Chairman Rose actually has a daughter? No? Well, he does, and, in The Thorn, she's out on just a little rebellious journey to get out from under his thumb a bit and go see the world, all without him knowing! Of course, being so naive, things don't go quite as Aira expects and, while this story gots a ways to go, it definitely looks like she'll be learning a lot more than she bargained for. Seriously though, this one is great and has lots of fun characters with it to boot. Give it a read!

Ghost in the Machine by @Whozawhatcha

ghostinthemachine.gif

I've not gotten to Whoza's latest endeavor yet, so just going to have to settle for promoing the amazing previous run! What starts off as a rather down to earth story about Josey, her crappy job, and all her life and family problems escalates and spirals into... well, maybe insanity is the right word. Seriously, reading this nuzlocke is like reading a snowball going down a hill. It ain't stopping until it crashes! And, cool thing here, it's a finished run, so no waiting for updates. It's all here for you!

Astra Crystallum by @Tookie

Isekai is popular lately and everyone loves it, right? Well, you know how it can be a bit of a drag with the same old "fish out of water" part of the story? Well, what if I told you that Astra Crystallum instead has protagonists who've already "been there and done that?" Really though, Michael and Rhianna are two awesome and fun protagonists and this story could just be their banter and it'd be worth a read. But, hey, there's actually an intriguing plot to go with it, so why not give it a shot?

Eclipsed Dawn by @Rumors

Eclipsed-Dawn-Banner.png

So, if you want something a little different, how's the idea of a protagonist who's a homeless mother who has been captured by the government, turned into a Pokemon hybrid against her will to be a weapon, and then kept on ice for at least hundreds of years to wake up to not having only missed an apocalypse, but now is starting at a nice little follow-up in the face? Eclipsed Dawn definitely goes off the rails as far as nuzlocke plots tends to go. Luna might only be trying to find out what happened to her son, but who knows if things will just stay that simple?

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Agency
by @Thirteenth

When 13th's name is whispered in bated breaths (by me), it's because of shit like this. It's not enough for her to go about nuzlockes with enough precision to make a neurosurgeon feel inadequate, and it's not enough for her to imbue her characters with such life that I find myself reaching down to give blessed fox Emi some scritches. No, she has to go and do it while writing in second person. From pokemon perspectives. She's such a goddamn virtuoso it's obscene, but in saying that, realize that her prose is just so clean, breezy, and grounded. I want her to narrate my life like this story.

She extends an arm toward you and— Should you scratch or skitter back? You go for both, sort of. You scamper back on quick legs, save for one that reaches out, brandishing small, sharp claws to keep her from getting any closer. She shouldn’t be allowed to get close to you. She shouldn’t have been allowed to bring you out here to begin with.

You could run, but where to? You don’t know how to get home from here.

The show of your claws is, thankfully, enough to get her to pull away. “Oh,” she says. Her head is still pointed at you, you think. She might still be looking at you. The two shadows in her face, those could be her eyes. Do you hold eye contact with her? Challenge her? Dare her to try that again so that she’ll know for sure that she made a mistake?

You stare straight into the shadows on her face. You dare her. But nothing seems to change. There’s no nervousness, neither on her part or yours. In fact, all you can sense is confusion.

--------------------------------

dandelion
by @Aurea

Hey kids! Do you love Aurea's writing, but don't wanna wait 50 years for her to finish the institution that is Impulse? Well boy howdy do I have the run for you! Coming from someone who damn well loves himself a good NPC fic, this one tops the lot. I can hardly think of one that deserves more love than Sonia, and I can't think of anyone better than Aurea to do her justice. Come for the expansion on a beloved professor, stay for the excellent and nuanced characters and to make sure they finally kiss in the end, dammit.

"You know me so well," she laughs, but the joke falls flat and she frowns. Used to know me, she reminds herself. Her fingers curl against the thick fabric of his cape, brushing against a sewn-on sponsor's patch. They're running out of space, each one crammed against the one that came before.

She remembers the day he received his first. The cape had been a gift from Rose -- a way to wear his sponsorships proudly, with the Macro Cosmos logo in dead center to signal their overarching endorsement. He'd watched with childlike glee as she sewed his first sponsor's patch -- a fancy seafood restaurant in Hulbury -- into the bottom left corner of the cape. Hugged her tightly when she'd finished.

Another couple bumps into them, jarring her from her thoughts. They dance in tighter circles to accommodate the other guests who have flooded the dance floor now that he's here.

His life is so crowded, now.

Daybreak
by @scrimshanks

For those of you unfamiliar, illuminate was a great and greatly ambitious Alola run a couple years back. Daybreak is the reboot of that run, and it's already off to a great start. Our protag Kaia's still a hardheaded shit as usual, but the run already feels leaner (but no less mean). If you're new to this one, be prepared for some phenomenal plot, great character dynamics, and honestly just buckle up for a hell of a ride, because scrimshanks damn well knows how to take you on a roller coaster and a half. Also, Tsuo. 😻

“Y’know, it’s kinda hard to make conversation when I’m doing all of the work.” His eyes met mine once more, and there was a twinkle of cheekiness in them.

I snorted, before taking another pass at my cigarette. “Hey man, you sat down here with me. I don’t owe you shit.”

“Fair enough!” He replied, a light chuckle caught in his throat. “Sorry if I bothered ya.”

“…It’s okay,” I replied, tapping my shoe on the ground again. “The company is… nice.”

There was another period of silence, but this time, there was less tension hanging in the air between us. Instead, I focused on my fingernails for a moment, frayed down to their edges due to semi-consistent biting, while Hau seemed fine to simply recline back, finishing off his cigarette. Despite the awkwardness earlier, a sort of peace had passed over the both of us—possibly because it was three am, and being uncomfortable took up too much energy. I couldn’t say I minded it.

Path to the Stars
by @llyarden

I, woefully, wasn't one of the cool kids who was on with his previous run, the epic Call of the Divines. Epic in in its fantastical scope, epic in its three-digit chapter length (though these aren't lengthy chapters, mind), epic in its twists, turns, and tragedies. I suspect you may not be either, given how underrated CotD is. But good news: now there's Path to the Stars, the Kanto side of this HeartGold run! It's got everything you want in a sequel/continuation: it properly builds upon what made the first iteration great, has brand new twists that make a hella lot of sense, and an intro that grounds you even/esp. if you weren't around for CotD. If anyone needs more appreciation and love, for their stellar writing and their insane work ethic, it's llyarden.

I've never really been good with crowds. On the other world I was never the one standing up in front of the crowd getting celebrated. At best I was the one in the crowd. And then Jake disappeared, and suddenly we were all the centre of attention whether we wanted to be or not - and not all of that attention was friendly.

It's kind of strange to realise I don't think of that world as my home any more.

Of course, it doesn't help that we were on the run for the best part of a year. It wasn't until the very end of our journey that we stopped hiding, started standing up publicly - and it wasn't like even that was entirely our choice.

Carlei's more used to crowds than me, of course - she was the Princess and the heir to the throne for twenty years. But we're both glad of each others' presence when we stand in the palace gardens.

Lost in the Stream by @AstroDeath

Hello, this is your reminder that Lost in the Stream deserves eternally more love! I mean, seriously, what a run. It feels like one of Stefon's clubs from SNL, because this club run just has everything: Rocket protagonists, prose that jumps from gritty to ethereal, downright explosive scheming, the worst appearance of a van in Nuzlocke history, weed... this is one of those runs that changed how I thought about storylockes, and y'all know I've been around the block a few times. Oh yeah, and Vivian is a goddamn queen. Take a gander at this wonderful and wild story, please.

Even sleep couldn't ease Elliot's perpetual frown, though that was asking for a miracle. He wasn't always like that, not quite a temperamental man-child all the time before. He'd progressed from street brat to now with her guidance--all of her sass without any of her humor though. Where, oh where had she gone wrong?

"Up, up, up," Vivian said, buzzing around his head. Between her and Spikes, they'd manage to drag him away from the boardwalk to avoid any unwanted attention, but they were still some distance from that old building Petrel picked out. "If you aren't gonna wake up easy, then I'll just come in and get you!"

"What's that supposed to--what are you doing?" the nidorina asked, mouth agape.

"Spooky ghost magic. What'd I say about being quiet?"

If Elliot was awake for this he'd be taking her to task, but hey, he wasn't. Fair game to invade his personal space. Maybe he'd think twice about being so cagey about everything.

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
Ooh, there's a lot of runs that I want to put on here, and a lot of them I really love and want to give them recognition. Some of the wonderful runs have been promo'd here already so I'll be promo-ing some others that I personally enjoy reading.

CotDBanner.png

Call of the Divines
by @llyarden
Call of the Divines is a fantasy epic that takes place in a land filled with humans and those granted special power by the Divines, called the Blessed. Ethan, a human from the normal world, suddenly found himself in the medieval land of Joto that is embroiled in the midst of a conspiracy.

The story draws you right in to the world it's trying to portray. I really enjoy reading about the characters and their struggles. I especially like how romance is written. It's a slow burn but both partners are very sweet and their relationship develops in a realistic manner. Be ready for some drama, tears, epic battles, and the fantasy elements to really shine through!

newbanner.png

Ties that Bind
by @ssandshrew
Ava's dream since childhood has been to become a Pokemon trainer and compete for the title of Champion, however her unique ability to talk to Pokemon caused her parents to deny her the opportunity. Now 18 and finally on her own, she's able to chase after those dreams. Unfortunately for her, she's opened Pandora's box - and she realises the chains that tied her down had been there for a reason.

Endearing characters, pretty art and I am thoroughly enjoying the friendship between Ava and Hugh. I adore the battle scenes and all the pokemon are drawn so cutely~ I love the humor and depth they put into the world, so I urge you guys to go and read it!

iuKKcZ7.png

Don't Fear The Reaper
by @Wwarborday

Kukui is surprised the photo prints out.

Some part of him had thought, “Maybe they’re like a vampire. Maybe they won’t show up, and I’ll have to print a blank photo on their passport.”

But no. The picture is clear as day; a black-robed entity in front of a white background. Their hood covers their face.

There is a lei around their neck.

They insisted on it.

“Alright,” Kukui says. His voice has stopped shaking, so that’s nice. “Everything looks good on your Trainer Passport.” He hands it over.

Have you ever just wondered... if Death wants a vacation? In one of the sunniest regions, walking on bright beaches in plain view with wearing a lei and accompanied by a cute Rowlet? Everyone faces an existential crisis and it's glorious. Death is going to take the island challenge, catching pokemon and all kinds of surreal things.

de0fwt0-b424a753-d593-4dc9-8822-10934ef61d56.png

Tala's Nuzlocke Adventure [Soul Silver-Normal Mode]
by @TalaSeba

Ever since she was young, Tala wanted to go on her own journey to become a Pokemon trainer. However, due to certain circumstances, she was never allowed the chance. Years later, she finds herself away from her home in Kanto, receiving her first League Certified Starter Pokemon in Johto.

Together, Tala and her new partner, Miyavi, embark on a journey of self-discovery and uncover the deepest, darkest secrets that lie in the hearts of Johto and Kanto.

This comic has made me cry with its emotional moments, and the art evolution is insane! Everyone looks so soft and the battles are done very well. I really like their use of colors and, well, basically everything about the comic is awesome! Go and check it out!​

Wwarborday

King Writing Clown 2020
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
I'm Doing My Best
If you haven't checked it out yet, you NEED to
RDCjGbf.jpg

(You need to behold! a pale horse, do you get it, anyway,)
Behold! A Pale Horse is a storylocke by @localhoney, about not-so-retired assassin Edmund Dorian. Do you like snark? Do you like runs that move at a record speed? (Like, "second chapter first gym" kinda pace.) Do you like extras that make you want to cry, and secret conspiracies? Do you wanna see a lot of cool action? Then you should read BaPH! Eddie is an absolutely delightful narrator (by which I mean he sucks, he's the worst, dumpster fire man,) who's guaranteed to make you laugh through this bloodstained story.

Now, if you still want to see Sinnoh, but in a more refined light, I would have to recommend

Ndljgl1.jpg

Three's A Crown is a storylocke of Platinum by @Missy, set during Victorian Era Sinnoh. Using Victorian-esque prose, (so wonderfully flowery you'll attract bees,) 3aC takes wedlocke gameplay and Platinum story and puts a fascinating spin on both. Estranged sisters Estelle, Gwen, and Minty Montgivre travel across Sinnoh to earn badges and compete for their inheritance (and become better people, which is great, cause they're all terrible, except for Minty, who's an angel). Set against a backdrop of class strife, (Missy isn't fucking around with the setting,) gorgeous worldbuilding, and terrifying lake guardians, Three's A Crown is one of the best storylockes currently on the forum.

Speaking of;

ncEkEZd.jpg

Ghost in the Machine, by @Whozawhatcha, was started in 2018 and completed during summer 2020. And it. Fucking. Whips. At forty chapters, six extras, and an epilogue, GiTM is a hard read due not to length, but to raw emotionality. Josey Ebele is a cremator and a bitter woman, and she lets you know it with every word on the page. Nothing about GiTM pulls its punches. (If anything, it makes you lose a few teeth.) A B2 Nuzlocke with a heavy emphasis on the Kyruem myth and a loosely 1920s setting, GiTM will make you cry, and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

However, if you need something just a bit shorter to whet your angst appetite, you need to check out

nFHY0FJ.jpg

This Is a Low, by @Garish Garchomp, is a oneshot-ish about everyone's favorite asshole rival, Gary Oak Bede. The first thing I have to mention is the structure, which delights me; Each section of the oneshot is broken up by subject/word count.
Anyways, if you're curious as to the actual structure of it all, real simple experiment:
700 | 100 | 200 | 300 | 400 | 500 | 600 | 700 | 800 | 700
Put another way, I increased it by 100 for each gym and bookended it with 700 on each side for a cool 5k.

Gar's take on Bede and his neuroses is definitely one of my favorite. Like, I love a sympathetic dickweed, I really do, but Gar does an amazing job of balancing the sympathy with the dickweedish-ness, and letting the dickweedish-ness usually win. Gar has this deft hand for asshole protagonists, where you want to hate them, because they suck, they suck so much, but goddammit, you understand exactly where they're coming from. Bede sneers and snarks his way through Galar, and is dragged kicking and bitching into being a slightly better person without ever losing that shitty edge. It's a very tough line to walk, and a tougher one to write well, btu Gar absolutely pulls it off.​

Uberle

Lur King
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bothers him
So just gonna promo some runs here

Don't Evolve by @Faleep
image0.png

Hey kids, like Pokemon? Like zombies?
Like being absolutely terrified by uncomfortable descriptions of horrid mushroom monstrosities?
Well this is the run for you!
Follow Xe as she walks through the once mighty region of Unova, now laid to ruin by a mysterious plague, with only her own Pokemon by her side
And as the name suggests, no one can fully evolve and any that can run the risk of taking themselves and another team member out
It's a tough ruleset and an equally harrowing story to go with it

Let Them Eat Cake by @SprungGeoduck
Qhru7cf.png

Rich girl shenanigans abound!
Chloe is an absolute delight to watch as she navigates Hoenn, meets new people, raises Pokemon, and loses more shoes than you will ever own
All of the side characters are great and each bounce off of Chloe in their own way, and there is a WIDE range of reactions to enjoy
Also Sprung has a really neat take on the gym battles, trust me you really want to see how they work
I can't recommend this enough if you want some fun

Deadly Syns by @SysterSyn
qHuWUak.png

This run is a bit of a roller-coaster
Emotional highs and lows, great characters and designs, and a protag that really really really needs a hug
Also this run is hilarious and things can go from zero to 100 really quick while not feeling like a lurch
Also also there's a more mythical plot line that likes to pop its head up every now and again which has me forever hooked
So do check this out, it's one of the most entertaining things I've read

Blooming Glory by @Spacey
de49lmm-f70d6059-9ad7-4a90-b9ac-f7aa79c9788f.png

Before you start, quick question, how attached are you to your emotions?
Spacey does a phenomenal job creating a cast of characters that you get invested in almost immediately and creates a fascinating world that you want to learn more about as things go on
Also this run does tragedy incredibly well, I don't think words can ever do it justice
Bit of a read if you haven't caught up, but it's worth it

and now for the self plug

I Can B̴̡̧̫̟̩̦̳̄̈́̐̿̋̊̆ͅŘ̶̥̭̭̥̜̼̕͝ͅẸ̴̳̪͐̆͝ͅA̸͓͉̝͎͊̿̊͂̿̈͋Ǩ̸͕̫̮̺́̃͗̉́͗̏ These Cuffs by me

Freak is a Being with the ability to mimic the powers of others, and has been accused of a crime he didn't commit. As a compromise he now wears restraints that limit the use of his power in exchange for being allowed to fight the Kalos gyms. His escort is Elly, a Togekiss who is not very happy with her new job, and carries a big fuck off knife. Together they will travel through Kalos as Freak earns badges and possibly encounter some very conspicuous people in red suits.
Wonder what they're up to.

Last edited:

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
dec258b-43571159-145e-43b6-8d28-b31cedbe82b6.png

Sundowner by @Dschubba

Because what's an extravaganza if I don't gush on about my bestie's amazing comic. Sundowner follows Lehua, a detective roped into the giant mystery surrounding Alola, Ultra Beasts and someone of great personal importance to her past. If the personal connections of a local doesn't get you? The art certainly will, I mean, have you SEEN Lehua's galloping abs? Not to mention the loving rendering everywhere else! Enough of me gushing, just go read it already!

dec2582-fe1e6f05-b590-4709-9e45-97f3a3056fc6.png

Simple by @sealclown

This Nuzlocke wholly and fully embraces its title, everything within from the art style to the slice of life esque moments are sweet, wholesome and fully endearing. In spite of it ultimately being a nuzlocke, there are so many warm and fuzzy moments that every time I read? I can't help but feel a bit more positive afterward!

dec2586-5dd3dca6-2d28-43c3-b73d-83928747f314.png

Sweet ReLeaf by @khorale

I can't stop talking about how much pure effort is poured into this comic, from the perspectives, to the hard work on every single panel, you can see how much love is poured into this comic, its characters and the world building as well. I honestly think more people should take a look at it and read it! So enjoy!!!

dec256r-4a373a51-61c9-4e8e-99b6-57a5a2cd7f3d.png

Cordia by @Lanae

With a rather unique take on the beginnings of an Alola run, Cordia follows a young energetic girl and their PERFECT orb of an owl! As the comic has progressed, the art skill level has improved and amped the ever so dreaded BGs up along with everything else! Just go read it, you won't regret!

dec256y-5619ceb5-f1c7-44a5-b93f-c3b8b50b9a46.png

Atychiphobia by @Sarbear

A duolocke with a strong start, intriguing characters and one of the more interesting portrayals of N I've seen in an Unova run! The art style is amazing, the story is already planting some interesting seeds and questions in the reader's mind, if that doesn't interest you, the most sassy Oshawott I've seen will. Just picture this: Cat+sea puppet >>

Last edited:

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I’ve been so excited to post my promos this year! I found so many absolute gems in the past few months.

“Why in the world are you bringing up Maps?” Hop is incredulous.

Leon shrugs, typing in the address as he pulls out of the driveway. “I’m just checking traffic.”

He then proceeds to turn the phone volume on full blast to hear the AI, and Hop stares back at me like I’m a camera in a sitcom.

I laugh, holding Zephyr close to me. He’s been in cars plenty of times, and he’s already settled himself in my lap for the ride. Wings wrapped around him and everything.

The ride’s short, but I savor it as I listen to my boys joke and be stupid in the front seat.
This Shield-storylocke-turned-romcom will steal your heart as soon as you’ve finished the first chapter. Follow Lavender Fog — yes, like the candle scent — and her beloved Noibat, Zephyr, through Galar as she attempts to deal with her hopeless crush on the Unbeatable Champion. See also: adorable dragon- and fairy-types, Hop is so sweet I love him, Rose is actually a real villain!, and just generally the most alive version of Galar and its characters that I’ve ever read.​
“Ha!” I point tauntingly at the thing. “I took two years of gymnastics in middle school—fuck you!”
Ok, but seriously, Lavender’s narration is hilarious. The comfort fic energy is off the charts, go read this run!

————————————————————

People are required to have a license at the age of ten, a Pokemon escort is needed to safely travel anywhere, and corruption is brewing in an absent League. Despite her anxieties, Glory is thrown into the outside world with a mission to find her brother: the missing Champion on Mt. Silver.
If my first promo was for my favorite storylocke, this one’s for my favorite comic! It’s hard to believe that it’s been an entire year since I found this run and binge-read most of it while waiting in an airport. Blooming Glory follows Glory, a very reluctant trainer who journeys all the way through Johto despite the incredibly brutal odds stacked against her. This comic has super rich worldbuilding, a cast of unique characters (human and pokemon alike), and somehow manages to strike the perfect balance between “wholesome” and “oh, wait, this is a nuzlocke! With death!”

————————————————————​

As grandchildren of Kanto's most famous Pokemon Professor, Blue and Daisy were used to being hassled by reporters or scientists or even their own neighbors from a very young age. After becoming champion, losing as champion, and taking over the Viridian Gym, Blue couldn't walk more than a few feet without being jumped by some kids begging either for a battle or a picture.

But in Unova, other than what happened at the lab and airport, Blue was just another face in the crowd. It was...oddly freeing. So as he waiting for Touko to come back, Blue just relaxed and let the sun warm his face.
A run that brings together characters from Kanto and Unova is definitely a unique one just based off its premise, but Healing Wish shines in so many other ways — complex characters who grow and heal together (Blue Jay Oak, anyone?), an interesting (in an infuriating way) depiction of N, and just generally being a super pleasant read. There is so much good hurt/comfort in this one, trust me.

————————————————————​

I can’t make myself smile no matter how I try. “Looker.” His codename is brittle in my mouth. I know I look like a deerling in headlights; my eyes are wide and unblinking. My breath is thin. My hands sweat. I can’t move.

Looker manages a tentative, close-mouthed smile for me before it falls. “It’s good to see you again,” he says, “though I wish the circumstances were better.” Fleetingly, I wonder how long it’s been. My brain is a cotton ball of static. The last time I saw him, he . . . I was with both . . .

My chest shudders. No. That’s too close. I can’t think about that.
The only way I can really describe this storylocke is “it grabs you and makes you want to keep reading.” Tamaya’s past — the tragedy that led to her arriving in Alola, her relationship with Looker, her status as an Aura Guardian — makes for a super compelling story. Bonus points for her having to interact with a mopey teenager like Hau and a borderline hyperactive scientist like Kukui. Extra bonus points for super cute depictions of pokemon (even if Tamaya isn’t exactly sure how she feels about some of them.)

————————————————————​

Kalani Kukui never expected to return to Alola after her father's death, but after prompting from her mother and sister, she finds herself in an old but familiar place.
After meeting an excitable Litten, Kalani is thrust into a journey across Alola, but little does she know what she will discover.
This comic is still fairly new, but the art style is so vibrant and the protagonist is so pure and good! I want to give her so many hugs!
I’m really looking forward to seeing where the story goes, because the premise and prologue have been super interesting so far!​

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
For your consideration~

AeWXybf.png

Lost in the Stream by @AstroDeath

I've always thought this run was (unfortunately) aptly named, since it continuously seems to fall under the radar. If you're a fan of Rocket or Johto or ghosts (or all three, like I am), then this is a storylocke for you! A snarky romp with mysticism, conspiracy, and (yes) heart, and it was completed last spring! So go ahead and give this one some much-needed love.

~*~*~*~

Renaissance_banner.png

Renaissance by @quillrow

It updated once last year, it counts. Renaissance has a fever dream of premise, putting a dark twist on a classic, time-honored trope where arrogant characters are punished for their hubris with a curse. In this case, the curse is death. But! That death comes with a rebirth, and our would-be hero now has a second chance to live a new life as a (hopefully) better person. Oh also, the starter is a Skrelp, and our villain is a very menacing Siebold, of all people.

~*~*~*~

KxeAaA3.png

On the Run by @Garish Garchomp

Y'all wanna talk about worldbuilding, Gar straight-up made Alola cyberpunk. A fantastic backdrop for a juicy sci-fi mystery starring local sunshine-psychic-mouse Milo. He's on a mission to investigate the seedy happenings going down in cyberspace, accompanied by a bitter bodyguard of a Torracat and a feisty fighter of a Hawlucha. This run is loads of fun, from the mystery to the world to the witty banter between the main trio.

~*~*~*~

lsbannershort.png

Lucky Star by @Agent Nein

There is one perfect word to describe this run: pleasant. Told through a minimal but very expressive art style, Lucky Star is the laid-back story of Adrian, a lad who's heart isn't really into the League competition and would rather just cook his dishes. Reading this comic makes me forget the world sucks (which was especially appreciated in 2020). It has a cute design, cute characters, and a wonderfully sassy Bede.​

pkmnMasterWheeler

Maker of Too Many Comics
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Cute
One of my personal fav comics! And one of the biggest inspirations for one of my own comics! FYR is a PMD style ORAS comic about a funky little gal who finds an egg, and goes on all kinds of adventures with a lesbian bug!~
dec5qbg-a5bc887e-c8e0-46fa-86c5-f3fb91f9d113.png
This here is the comic with the most adorable art style ever. 11/10 would die for everyone! It's fairly new but I'm already in love with Ruby all of the characters, and am real interested to see where it goes from here!~ Also the Patrat designs are so adorable that they've made em one of my fav Pokemon now, so go fall in love with Partats.
dec5qc1-fd75b43d-2064-4c68-bc13-89adcb2cffdc.png
Jet's Black Nuzlocke is a fun and silly time with tons of great characters, and prolly one of my fav Unova comics! And while FWIW is what made me LOVE Patrats, JBN is what made me start liking them!
dec5qc9-4d6a483b-b935-4aaf-ae51-a163ce649d6d.png
Step by Step by Step is a fun little Johto comic with some very good kids! It's still pretty early on but I feel it's got lots of potential! (Also look at Cyndi's face, how can u say no to that face?)
dec5qco-0b11173f-38a5-4e26-9df0-1f9af761f5e3.png
Heroes of Hoenn is (A shameless self promo of) my first ever nuzlocke! This one's been running since 2011 (or 2013 if you only look at the reboot) so it has basically my whole adventure as a comic artist in it~
dec5qcu-b9fea61b-489d-4d43-9770-ab9dc7cc0779.png

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Finding Your Roots by @Salt&PepperBunny

Follows a young Mudkip named Cedar on a quest to discover her "earthen" roots. While this comic's theme is overcoming racism, it handles the subject in a nuanced manner, depicting prejudiced characters as redeemable individuals and even addressing Cedar's own dismissal of water elementals over earthens.

Across the Divide by @pkmnMasterWheeler

This adorable nuzlocke sees Ash's partner whisked into an Ultra Wormhole and dropped into a trainerless world. Befriended by a Rattata named Nutmeg, he sets out in hopes of finding a way home to his best friend. The art style is soft and huggable, and the characters are intriguing -- Nutmeg in particular.

The Dark We Carry: A Colosseum Storylocke by @Dee

Rui is a young woman from Kanto who sets out to stop a conspiracy that seeks to use the power of a dark god known as the Devourer. Content warning: this story features vivid descriptions of Pokemon abuse, but if you're able to stomach that, it's absolutely worth the read.

Secrets of Aetherai: Ori's Gift by @Trollkitten

This storylocke follows four young Pokemon in a trainerless world on their first adventure. But not all is as it seems, and the cubs soon find themselves in the middle of a much greater quest involving ancient relics, prophecies, and a battle between gods. The Gatto region is unique and distinct from Kanto, and the Pokemon that inhabit it all have their own cultures and species quirks.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
tightrope%20header%20975.png

Tightrope | a Y Storylocke by @Zephyr_Iphis

Aisling is a provincial girl trying on a new persona as she moves closer to bright, sparkling civilization and takes part in an exclusive pokemon training program run by the illustrious Sycamore Labs. Impressing the professor enough to get into the even more exclusive mega evolution program and winning all eight Kalos badges is a tall order, but Luck has always been Aisling's lady.

With lycée over, Xoana is floundering in a pool of her own abandoned interests and aborted hobbies. So she follows her friends as they pursue their dreams, hoping for a change, inspiration, and maybe just a bit of adventure. But Aisling’s brand might be a tad more than she bargained for. These days she doesn’t know whether to be excited or tired and which is the more dangerous.

😍 😍 😍 😍 😍 😍

Tightrope is a precious commodity. An utter delight. A Gen 6 story that brings charm to and illuminates depths of XY’s bloated cast of tagalongs. It’s my personal comfort read. @Zephyr_Iphis masterfully manages an ensemble cast, balancing both human and pokemon stories and characterisation. Her take on talking pokemon is nuanced and wonderful.

Also, it’s gay as hell.

(Further promos TBA.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread