• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

FAQ  Extravaganza 2019 — Discussion Thread

llyarden

Perpetual Lurker
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
This may be an obvious question, but how do you ensure that only people who are actually members of the forums are voting?

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
@llyarden Unfortunately, in this format we cannot ensure that, as we can't lock down the thread to be viewable by members only. The way to makeshift do that would have been to add a username prompt to the ballots, but it admittedly would have been a bit of a hassle to have to enter it for each and every individual category (esp for those voting on multiple mediums). I'm sorry for the inconvenience there, though, as we def would have liked to ensure that in an intuitive way. This is the first Ganza on the xenforo nuzforums, so I'll be looking into ways to possibly resolve that (as well as other hitches we've discovered in this iteration) for next year's.

Ketsuba~n

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
@llyarden Unfortunately, in this format we cannot ensure that, as we can't lock down the thread to be viewable by members only. The way to makeshift do that would have been to add a username prompt to the ballots, but it admittedly would have been a bit of a hassle to have to enter it for each and every individual category (esp for those voting on multiple mediums). I'm sorry for the inconvenience there, though, as we def would have liked to ensure that in an intuitive way. This is the first Ganza on the xenforo nuzforums, so I'll be looking into ways to possibly resolve that (as well as other hitches we've discovered in this iteration) for next year's.
This...might be a problem. For all I know, some random trolls could try to affect the vote.

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Yeah, we're def gonna work on it for next year, dw. You do need a google acct at least, and we're watching the spreadsheet. Tbf, nothing in most past years prevented people from just making alts (or getting off-forums peeps to come in) for vote boosting, but there's never really been much of a tampering issue or whatever. We're not a big community, we don't exactly have Russia's interest rn lmao. If anything suspicious looks amiss in the results as it goes tho, rest assured we'll be on it.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey, thanks to everyone for voting this year! We’ve moved the voting thread into our backroom, and will be back on Friday the 21st with the results. And following shortly after that, we’ll be opening up our yearly reflection thread for community discussion. See you then!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A big congratulations to everyone who place this year! Just a heads up, this thread is open for any congratulation if y’all wanted. (Yes, it’s fine.) We hope you enjoyed the event this year, and we’ll be back in a few days for the reflectiv.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Well, I didn't place in either category I was nominated in (Best Worldbuilding in a Written Run and Best Battle in a Written Run), but given that most if not all of the competitors have been writing nuzlockes longer than I have, I suppose it's to be expected. I'm honored to have been nominated at all, and to have been a part of this Extravaganza!

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Congrats to not only the winners, but to the runner-ups and everyone else who got nominated! It was wonderful seeing so many different kinds of content being nominated, artists and authors and everyone in between supporting each other. Here’s to many more Extravaganzas!

enbygonetimes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
they/he
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
yo congrats to everybody who placed! this is the first time i've been involved in any sort of event like this, so it was fun as hell seeing what everybody brings to the table. gave me a list of runs i need to read.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Maybe this is a silly question, but where are the results posted, anyways?

EDIT: I found them and am now screaming. Seriously I explained what the extravaganza was to the people sitting with me, I’m absolutely blown away. Congrats to everyone who won this year!

Last edited:

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
@TheTRUEgge They're pinned in FCR. Here's a handy link for ya!

Huge congrats to everyone on their victories! Also I'm flattered as hell, wtf y'all. I always look forward to Ganza season, and it was such a pleasure to help run it this year! Here's to everyone and their crazy talent! 🍾

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Rock
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and learning foreign languages.
Congratulations to everyone who won, and even those who made it to the voting stage! It was a blast! :D

Rhema

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
Congratulations to everyone who won! It was an honor to be nominated/honorable mentioned and I'm super thrilled for friends and strangers alike who are getting recognized for their outstanding work! <3

snooze

stylish but illegal
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
it lurks in dark caves to focus on its work, venturing outside only when encouraged to by its wife
big congrats to all the winners and everyone who got to participate!! this was a really fun year and i loved seeing so many new and different runs make it through 🥺

also big thanks and props to the feature team and mods who helped make the ganza happen!! there were a lot of new things happening this time around, especially with the new forums and all and i just think yall did a stellar job putting everything together <3

Salt&PepperBunny

Formerly MouseWithADinosaurTail
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
WOOOHOOOOOOO, congrats everyone!!! This was an awesome ganza year! YEEHAW! Thank you SO SO MUCH to the feature team for running the event! Y'all brought your a-game and we couldn't do it without you!

french-teapot

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Congratulations to all the winners and everyone who made this such a fun and exciting experience! This was my first extravaganza and I'm so happy to have been able to take part.
Major thanks also to the feature team and everyone who even made the event possible. Ye did a fantastic job and should be proud of yourselves!

SysterSyn

The almighty dingo
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It possesses only one singular braincell, which it uses to bully fictional characters and write comics about it.
Congratulations to everyone for their achievements, and a big thank you to everyone involved!
It's great to see so much support in the community and so many new runs on the scene uwu
Here's to another great ganza! <3

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Congrats to all the winners!! Was super exciting to be able to participate in the ganza for the first time this year and its been a great experience. Looking forward to next year's. Thanks to everyone that worked to organize this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)