• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A comic run doubling as drawing practice and re-imagining of the story of the ROM hack Pokemon Flora Sky

ImaginativeRain

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2022
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon feels apprehensive about sharing their ideas, but follows them through eventually... hopefully?
Hello there, it's been a while visiting this forum. Due to family and other private personal issues, I had to cancel my first run here. Looking back, it was really silly and 'strange' in terms of creative choices! But, I plotted it out now, thank goodness!

Sadly, I lost both the save file and ROM so I did a new one up to the first badge, with a different version of the ROM due to the original one being taken down in most websites.

The story's a work in progress, but I made sure to write down the flow of the story, at least up to where I am now in-game.

I started doing comics instead due to creative preferences (I cannot screenshot well, as well as write and format text creatively, go figure).

So I hope this one will be eventually finished, and that some of you readers will enjoy what's to come!

Regards, Rain

Entralinked takes place in a possible bad timeline during the events of Sinnoh's Pokémon Platinum story, where Cyrus is successful at his plan to reset the world. Thanks to some divine meddling, that timeline was left stable, if stable means melding different places (and people) into something entirely new! With lasting worldwide consequences to both humans and Pokémon involved.

Meet Temi, a teenage trainer of Small Town, who ends up in a Trainer's Journey with familiar-looking and entirely new faces. During her journey, she will face many strange things, and possibly learn more about the truth of the world they live in, as well as themselves.

This story may lead to deep and dark themes such as explicit/implied death/injury and existential crises. When such things occur, relevant warnings will be placed at the parts containing it.

Prologue-This Post
Badge 1
Badge 2
Badge 3
Badge 4
Badge 5
Badge 6
Badge 7
Badge 8
Elite 4
Champion

>Faint=dead
>1st encounter to be caught, gifts and shinies are a-OK!

>Nicknames (No Theme)

>Set Mode

>Limited Potion heals in battle (3 heals for each mon, max inventory of 3n where n=team no.)

>Restoration Berries and other 'natural' items (like MooMoo Milk) take priority and are exempt from this restriction in battle. (Can only have a max inventory of 10, however)

>Win at Champion First Battle

>Level Limits Enforced (8 gyms & Champ's ace level)
Badge 1: Lvl 12
Badge 2: Lvl 22
Badge 3: Lvl 30
Badge 4: Lvl 34
Badge 5: Lvl 42
Badge 6: Lvl 46
Badge 7: Lvl 48
Badge 8: Lvl 52
Champion: Lvl 66

>Semi-blind, can only check Gym Leaders, Evil Team Leader/Admin and League's teams typing, not move sets, everyone else's are TBA

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Flora Sky is an... interesting hack in terms of story; I'm curious as to how you'll rewrite it.

I really like the artstyle. Reject lineart, revert to colors.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
It's looking very nice so far, my one complaint is that the Imgur galleries were very confusing for me. Is there anywhere else you plan to post the comic? I personally recommend ComicFury, it's a very easy site to navigate and posting there isn't difficult at all, plus it's good for when people want to binge read.

OP
ImaginativeRain

ImaginativeRain

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2022
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon feels apprehensive about sharing their ideas, but follows them through eventually... hopefully?
It's looking very nice so far, my one complaint is that the Imgur galleries were very confusing for me. Is there anywhere else you plan to post the comic? I personally recommend ComicFury, it's a very easy site to navigate and posting there isn't difficult at all, plus it's good for when people want to binge read.
Thanks for the feedback!

I was also a bit frustrated with posting images using Imgur as well. Tried ComicFury and it was really user-friendly, thank you for suggesting it.

Here's the first update on ComicFury's site!

Fascher

process towards explosion: 58%
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Any
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Flying
Your art style is so cute and I like the colours you use ^^

sky_

life is a trip alright (picrew by chereverie)
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
They are happy with rest, quiet and cuddles. They may try to be edgy or mysterious, but are often told that they present as the opposite.
flora sky takes me back! i think that was the first rom hack i ever nuzlocked, i also had a bulbasaur starter and took bulba and bibarel to the E4 🥺 also mustard is a precious friend and i love him

i also love your artstyle! it's so cute and adorable awwww

OP
ImaginativeRain

ImaginativeRain

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2022
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
flora sky takes me back! i think that was the first rom hack i ever nuzlocked, i also had a bulbasaur starter and took bulba and bibarel to the E4 🥺 also mustard is a precious friend and i love him

i also love your artstyle! it's so cute and adorable awwww
Guess this is also my first too (at least in nuzlocking a non-canon region!). I'll do my best to take them far!
Flora Sky is an... interesting hack in terms of story; I'm curious as to how you'll rewrite it.

I really like the artstyle. Reject lineart, revert to colors.
I agree with your statement! Past the nostalgia, the story part was limited due to hacking limitations of its time. I hope I can do it some justice!
Colors together 💪s t r o n g 💪
Your art style is so cute and I like the colours you use ^^
Thanks, I couldn't settle if I want mono-color or full color so I just used them when it fits the mood!

Hello, Readers!

About updating my comic, it might take a while. This is due to revising the badge 1 story arc and comic pages brought by image corruption of my painting tool 😓. I still have some good shots but the rest are too broken to redraw.

Also, I had to take care of lots of personal stuff involving family, school enrollment, and self-care for my bouts of anxiety. I'm mentally recovering and trying to get back in the groove!​

I hope all of you are doing well! Stay safe!

Regards, Rain

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Thoughts and prayers coming your way! I know anxiety is horrible, so I want nothing but the best for you!

sky_

life is a trip alright (picrew by chereverie)
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
They are happy with rest, quiet and cuddles. They may try to be edgy or mysterious, but are often told that they present as the opposite.
It's okay, take your time! I've been there a lot re: anxiety and family things. I hope you are able to rest a lot xD

Users who are viewing this thread