• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto General Mon Endurance: In Our Blood - A Soul Silver Nuzlocke Comic

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Regular run of Soul Silver. Updates on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday at 2pm MST. No CW for most pages but will warn for any major triggers.

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
Wild Purple's like to hoard small rocks that interest them. What is it that they find interesting about said rocks? Even they don't know!

Howdy howdy howdy! Welcome to the beginning of the Endurance Series!​

endurance_in_our_blood_cover_by_purplechug_delrf7v-fullview.jpg

When a pokemon is stolen from Professor Elm's Lab, Nagrom and her partner, Harold, set out on a journey to save their lost friend. Who will they meet along the way, and what will these two dorks do when faced with way too many blockades for their liking? Find out next time on ENDURANCE: IN OUR BLOOD

In Our Blood is a Soul Silver run that updates 3 times a week on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday at 2pm MST (though if I need to take a break or focus on something else it will drop to two or even one update/week so as to give me more time to keep the backlog up). I'm mostly doing this series to learn how to make comic stuff (and develop the characters because I will reuse as many characters as possible)

-only catch first pokemon per route. (This includes the pre-pokeball routes.)
-if first encounter faints or flees, NO second chance is given.
-No duplicates or pokemon of the same evolutionary line as an already owned pokemon
-Only shiny pokemon are exempted from the catching and duplicates rules.
-nickname every pokemon
-if a pokemon faints, it's considered dead and is perma-boxed
-only pokeballs allowed are pokeball, great ball, ultra ball, and dusk ball
-can only have five empty pokeballs on hand at a time
-no non-natural healing items can be bought or used (for example: berries and herbs are allowed, while potions of all kinds are not)

Animated Trailer

Archives:
DeviantArt / ComicFury / Tapas

Or if you wanna Read it here:
Prologue Album
Chapter 1 Album
Chapter 2 Album

April Fools (Not an album because they wont let me make one lol)

Or if you prefer to just skip to the start here's the Cover Page:
DeviantArt / ComicFury / Tapas

Updates will be posted in the replies, most recent will be at the very bottom!

(Oh yeah I also have a YouTube where I sometimes stream progress on the pages or other projects. Most of my animations there are from my other story but I do plan to make more nuzlocke related animations as I go, so uh, check that out if you like to see moving pictures :'3)

(I do hope I did this right ;;w;;, god help me for updating, I have no idea how to do that)​

Last edited:

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
Awwwwwwwww yes! It's here!
(Also, seems to be a fine start to the thread tbh.)

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
Wild Purple's like to hoard small rocks that interest them. What is it that they find interesting about said rocks? Even they don't know!
Awwwwwwwww yes! It's here!
(Also, seems to be a fine start to the thread tbh.)
Thank you!!
(I have literally no idea what I'm doing so I'm glad whatever I did works XD)

Nessi

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Let's goooo! : D
Looking really good

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Ayyyyy I finally read this! Love it!!
Your Pokémon designs are excellent, and everyone is super expressive. You go all in on stretching and squashing the faces and poses to make them emote, it's such a dynamic and fun style!
I also love the balance between drama and humor, it works great! I absolutely lost it at Nicky using Flash by emitting a lighthouse beam from her mouth, that's the best thing I've ever seen fflkjfsdlk

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
Ayyyyy I finally read this! Love it!!
Your Pokémon designs are excellent, and everyone is super expressive. You go all in on stretching and squashing the faces and poses to make them emote, it's such a dynamic and fun style!
I also love the balance between drama and humor, it works great! I absolutely lost it at Nicky using Flash by emitting a lighthouse beam from her mouth, that's the best thing I've ever seen fflkjfsdlk
Thank you!!! Im so glad you like it!!
The nicky flash thing is one of the oldest scenes in this script and I refuse to ever let it go so I am VERY glad you got a good laugh from it! ^^

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
Hey! I read through all your comic and it's great :D the characters are fun, i especially love Harold and his uniqueness due to his linage, his personality is great, hurrying after his boyfriend. I'm so excited to see what happens next!

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
Hey! I read through all your comic and it's great :D the characters are fun, i especially love Harold and his uniqueness due to his linage, his personality is great, hurrying after his boyfriend. I'm so excited to see what happens next!
Thank you ;;W;; I'm so glad you're loving the boy! I'm excited for people to see what I have planned for all of this haha

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
I love the concept of Pokepaths and Pokelinguists! It's a cool bit of lore and Silver is so cute thinkin he's sneaky

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
I love the concept of Pokepaths and Pokelinguists! It's a cool bit of lore and Silver is so cute thinkin he's sneaky
Thank you! I figure in my world it makes the most sense that even if you cant understand pokemon naturally, there would be people who want to learn it haha.
Silver will eventually reveal that he's been lucky in how successful most of his sneakiness has been XD

CyanideCrystal

gg ez
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 12, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
Reads Nuzlockes to keep the pain of existance at bay.
Another HGSS run yay! I really liked your banner so I started reading today. Harold's design is so cute I love him 🥰

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
Another HGSS run yay! I really liked your banner so I started reading today. Harold's design is so cute I love him 🥰
;;A;; Thank you!!! (Im so glad my silly banner is doing its job omg)
I'm glad you like Harold's design, he's my sweet boy I love drawing him.

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
"Like you think this is just a game..."
Everyone in real life playing a Nuzlocke:
dd0.png

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
"Like you think this is just a game..."
Everyone in real life playing a Nuzlocke:
dd0.png
XD yeah that was one of the reasons I had him say it like that, figured it'd be a fun little 4th-wall break

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
ohoho the details here. the braille on the ball, and is the design of that machine what I think it is? is that a gigaremo unit, like from shadows of almia? iiiiinteresting 👀 lapras ain't lookin too good tho, yikes. impressive design and use of the different artstyle to emphasize it, very eerie

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
ohoho the details here. the braille on the ball, and is the design of that machine what I think it is? is that a gigaremo unit, like from shadows of almia? iiiiinteresting 👀 lapras ain't lookin too good tho, yikes. impressive design and use of the different artstyle to emphasize it, very eerie
Thank you! I've been VERY excited for this page thats for sure. So many things revealed with it! The SoA reference (I freakin ADORE the Ranger games, especially SoA), the effect of the signal shown on the Lapras (also designing that thing was fun, a very neat exercises in style), and the braille on the great ball, it's been a delight to see everyone react to all the pieces!!

gettingehedofmyself

Accidentally got 13 free trees
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 20, 2020
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon spends entirely too much time tending to plants. It likes to take care of other pokemon but often forgets it has actual responsibilities.
Kendraaaaa babyyyyyy!! I love her so much

OP
purplechug

purplechug

The Purplest of Chugs
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/her They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry

Users who are viewing this thread