• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Hoenn Teen Emerald Run: A Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updated Dec. 02 || A lone trainer is sent to Hoenn to face warring cults, and perhaps even the pokemon gods themselves.

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
ImS4pua.png

EMERALD RUN
In a Hoenn that is home to a brewing war between rival cults, a lone trainer is sent to stop them from messing with forces far beyond their control.

Heya everyone, and welcome to the beautiful Hoenn of Emerald Run, a nuzlocke comic that has been kicking around in my head ever since I finished the actual run back in the long gone year of 2015. Follow Booker and his kitbashed team as they take on the teams Aqua and Magma in an attempt to prevent the destruction of the Hoenn isles.

Emerald Run follows a more manga-like format, with short, B&W pages coming at a more frequent pace than I could manage otherwise. It is relatively story heavy, and while I have tried to remain faithful to the games' canon, I have taken some liberties and inserted some concepts that will crop up as the run goes on. Uploaded on deviantart and tumblr, trying to update weekly.

RULES
01. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
02. You may only catch the first wild Pokémon encountered in each area.
a] If the Pokémon faints or flees, there are no second chances.
b] If a Pokémon is in the same family as a previously caught one, you may not catch them.
03. You must name all Pokémon.

LAST UPDATE
December 2nd, 2021

CONTENTS

Arc 1: Teambuilder
Title + Rules010203040506070809 • 10 [Upcoming]
Extras

Last edited:

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
This is actually looking extremely good so far. I wish I was able to replicate manga style :(. However, I do have one thing to say: I think you should also make an upload mirror for this somewhere else, too, like Comic Fury or Deviantart for easier reading, because Tumblr can be tricky to navigate. Other than that, great work! Also, mini Rayquaza?👀!

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is actually looking extremely good so far. I wish I was able to replicate manga style :(. However, I do have one thing to say: I think you should also make an upload mirror for this somewhere else, too, like Comic Fury or Deviantart for easier reading, because Tumblr can be tricky to navigate. Other than that, great work! Also, mini Rayquaza?👀!
Glad you like it so far :D I know a bit about Deviantart so I could definitely open up an account for it there, thanks for the tip! And yup he’s a very small boy, at least for now ;)

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Page 4 is up! Booker is very quickly realizing he may have gotten caught up in a fight he doesn't really wanna be a part of (aka, help! the girls are fighting.)
emerald_run__page_04_by_emeraldrun_des6ypg-fullview.jpg

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Another page is here, and Booker is starting to get the impression that the god of all Pokemon might not like him all that much.

emerald_run__page_05_by_emeraldrun_desqi2w-fullview.jpg

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
emerald_run__page_06_by_emeraldrun_det5gms-fullview.jpg

Page 6 is up!
You ever have one of those weird dreams where even after you wake up you can’t shake the feel those things actually happened?

HawkAussie

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dark
I am very interested in this Nuzlocke just for the artstyle of it.

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
There won't be a new page this week cause of IRL stuff, so enjoy a quick and dirty little doodle- Booker dressed up as his namesake (Bioshock Infinite's Booker Dewitt) for Halloween.

See you all in November!

all_hallow_s_eve_by_emeraldrun_detg2a9-fullview.jpg

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
This comic is absolutely stunning. It's got such a strong style, what with the half-tones and hatching. I'm in love.

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
I am very interested in this Nuzlocke just for the artstyle of it.
This comic is absolutely stunning. It's got such a strong style, what with the half-tones and hatching. I'm in love.
Thank you so much for the kind words!! I was kinda unsure about the style at first since it's different from most nuzlocke comics I've read, but hearing stuff this has got me pumped to make more 🥰

WE'RE BACK, BABY.

November is here, Booker's phone is going off at 4 in the morning, and soon we're going to meet the first member of his team! Definitely didn't procrastinate on this page cause of a friend recommending me Disco Elysium...

emerald_run__page_07_by_emeraldrun_deujzsr-fullview.jpg

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
New page, new page! Take your guesses as to who the lucky starter will be 👀

I gotta warn y'all, it's probably the most standard pick.

emerald_run__page_08_by_emeraldrun_dev1klu-fullview.jpg

incomescrane

water types, my beloved
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 20, 2021
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
New page! Someone please tell me why Birch can't handle one Zigzagoon. He's a pokemon professor.

emerald_run__page_09_by_emeraldrun_devkzn2-fullview.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread