• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Roll to Dodge Election RTD (Epilogue)

Thread Description
Politics be wack, yo.

A shiny pikachu?

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
Is this where I become prime minister

I a mole man would like all my supporters to live under ground were it is safe from evil animals such as : bears, black bears, grizzly bears, polar bears and yogi bear.

If you don't want to be killed by a bear vote for me and hide under ground.

Last edited:

localhoney

the smooth jazz of bastards
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
I summon demons and angels to take dkwn the mech.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I raise STEVE’s shield and get it to cover as many of my fellow former candidates as I can. I also plead with the PM to avoid unnecessary destruction- does he really want to see everything he’s worked so hard for destroyed?

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
This is...quite unfortunate. I looked up to you, the Prime Minister of Everything. The achievements you made, the peace you instilled across the land. You worked to make the world a better place. As did I. I accomplished tasks people wouldn't dream of, not to one up your own, but to show you that you were leaving...well, everything, in capable hands. I even created the perfect canidate, who won by a landslide in the votes. But you wish to go against your word. You wish to go against your people.

You wish to go against the universe, and as her defender, I cannot stand idly by.

So why don't you pick on a mech your own size.

I summon BEYOND, the ultimate mecha, to defend everyone from Aureum's assault! Hopefully I can draw his attention away from the others for enough time to let them regroup.

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mecha Maple House’s Health
[][][][] (8)

I summon the rotoms to take control of the mechs
{2} You choose not to summon your rotors, as you’re too busy taken aback by Aureum’s new toy!

let's just keep this simple, lift my dead body up off the ground with telekinesis and throw it at the giant mechs. i mean, that's possible, right?
{6} Your soul uses telekinesis to slam your dead body into the mech with as much power as possible. It causes it to stagger back, however electricity sprouts out and shocks your body, resetting your heart. You’re alive, but now you’re physically in the fight.

I grab NC and take her to safety in the sewers
{6} You manage to grab NC and start heading off the island using your demon wings. You manage to take her down to the sewers (as she’s too polite to decline). However, as the soon-to-be Prime Minister, NC wants to go back up. Your chance to get rid of her is fading as she rushes to the exit. You must roll to pursue.

{1 for Krashkube/6 for New Canada}
When she’s in New Canada, she’s stronger than ever! You absolutely can’t keep up, as she breaks through the entrance to the sewers, and uses the ground to propel herself upwards back to the fight. Should have just dropped her mid-flight, but you do you.

Well, how convenient that I have a whole army of hypnotised minions I mean uh, "supporters" who I can turn into powerful monstrosities and let loose on the mecha.

Also pretty convenient that I can fly. I jump off the floating island (which I totally didn't forget we're all on) and go do that.
{3} You only manage in this round to gather your powerful monstrosities, meaning you’ll need another turn to get back up,

This will probably be a mistake...

I cast Fireball.
{1} You cast the biggest fireball you can, but as you fire it, you hear a similar voice to yours.
“I won’t let you! Counterspell!”

It’s Evil Misc, here to defend PM Aureum by destroying you and the entire island with your own attack! Roll to Counterspell!

{5 for Counterspell/6 for Counterspell Counterspell} The two of you play Counterspell tennis for a while until you manage to break Evil Misc’s Counterspell! She is only able to cast Shield to defend herself, leaving a few scratches.

I have a beer and wait for all of this to blow over
{5} You set up a lawn chair a fair distance away and just sit down and drink your beer. It’s a nice day, too bad there’s a fight going on, but at least nobody should bother you here!

Assassinate Soon-To-Be-No-Longer-Prime-Minister-Of-Everything-Aureum with sticky tape.
{1} You attempt to make your way to Aureum, but you can’t pierce through the mecha. It just looks at you and says: “Even when you can attack me, you fail. 10/10 job Zorua, glad to see why you were a popular choice, OH WAIT!”

{3 for Zorua/6 for Aureum}
You’re forced to the ground by Maple House as Aureum initiates Protocol Delta. You’re surrounded by missiles as they surround you. They all collide with you, and in their destruction, nothing is left. You revive a tad to the left of where you died, surprised yet grateful to be alive. (1 life left),

Is this where I become prime minister

I a mole man would like all my supporters to live under ground were it is safe from evil animals such as : bears, black bears, grizzly bears, polar bears and yogi bear.

If you don't want to be killed by a bear vote for me and hide under ground.
{5} Aureum stops a battle for a sec to leave the mech and approach you.
“Er, unfortunately you missed the whole Election. I’m sorry, you cannot become Prime Minister, that was already decided and all that... Maybe next time!”
He then hops backs into the mech and resumed the fighting.

I summon demons and angels to take dkwn the mech.
{4} You summon an army, led by your now wife, Lucifer. They charge at Maple House, ready to bring it down!

{1 for Demons + Angels/1 for Maple House}
The two forces are equal, the Maple House unable to take them down, and the afterlife army unable to pierce it.

This is...quite unfortunate. I looked up to you, the Prime Minister of Everything. The achievements you made, the peace you instilled across the land. You worked to make the world a better place. As did I. I accomplished tasks people wouldn't dream of, not to one up your own, but to show you that you were leaving...well, everything, in capable hands. I even created the perfect canidate, who won by a landslide in the votes. But you wish to go against your word. You wish to go against your people.

You wish to go against the universe, and as her defender, I cannot stand idly by.

So why don't you pick on a mech your own size.

I summon BEYOND, the ultimate mecha, to defend everyone from Aureum's assault! Hopefully I can draw his attention away from the others for enough time to let them regroup.
{5} After your heroic speech, you summon BEYOND to the battleground. It rapidly approaches Maple House as starts to attack, hoping to draw attention away from everybody else.

{3 for BEYOND/1 for Maple House} The two Mechas are locked in a battle, however BEYOND seems to have the advantage here, overpowering the Maple House with considerable ease. You notice it’s starting to take a beating now that it has met something able to complete with it.

I raise STEVE’s shield and get it to cover as many of my fellow former candidates as I can. I also plead with the PM to avoid unnecessary destruction- does he really want to see everything he’s worked so hard for destroyed?
{5} You manage to gather and surround everyone on the island in the battle, and then step forward. You stare at the Maple House, it’s face currently turned towards you as it’s fighting BEYOND and the Afterlife Army. You plead with Aureum, and appeal to this humanity. You ask him if he really wants to turn his back on everything he has done, what he has worked for.

In a burst of energy the Maple House knocks away both forces and approaches you. It squats down as the chest opens, revealing Aureum standing in his suit. He stares at you, your eyes reflected in his. “I… I don’t want this but you don’t understand! I don’t want to give up being PM! It’s the best thing that happened to me! I finally feel like, like people actually respected me…” Aureum’s body starts to shake, and you swear it seems like it’s like it’s splitting apart.

“Before being Prime Minister of Everything, nobody would really pay attention to me. I just, I just want people to like me! I just want to be somebody who is actually powerful, loved, and popular! I don’t want to fight, but what choice do I have left, Egge?!” His voice sounds like there’s two of himself, as his body seems to almost glitch. He lets out a painful yell as he seems to divide in two. One of the two Aureums falls off the mecha and starts to fall to the ground, while the other stares at you. Fortunately, he manages to somehow survive the fall, landing down in front of you.

“I’m… okay.” He says as he gets up “Well, I feel surprisingly better. Thanks Egge, I guess? I think you just split me in half from how good your speech was. I definitely don’t feel like murdering y’all anymore!” He says before realizing something. Aureum turns to face the Aureum in the Mecha. He sadly stares at his other half, as the chest closes and Maple House starts up again.

“Well, it looks like the part of me who really wants to keep being PM is now in control of my Mecha. Uh, mind if I join you guys for now? Considering I am me, I would probably make this fight easier.”

Evil Aureum (w/Mecha) wants to battle!
Mecha Maple House’s Health
[][][ (5)

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
I devour everyone

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
shoot some legal weed at the mecha aureum.

what could possibly go wrong?

VGBM

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Well it won't be hard getting back since the monstrosities can fly as well. In fact, while I'm down here, I also pick up whatever weapons or equipment I think will be useful in the fight and make my way back as fast as possible.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Hmm, with Aureum’s humanity handled, I suppose it’s time for the other contingency plan. See, after starting up all those courses meant to teach separate species to appreciate each other, some grew so curious about other cultures that they began working together to exchange ideas and technology! This means that I now have a very cool blaster made of combined android/demon/cat girl tech. I have no idea if it’ll work, but I fire it anyways.

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
The Mecha is made out of metal.
Steel is a type of metal.
Fire is supereffective against Steel-types.
I cast FIREBA- nah it would be boring if I did the same action twice in a row. Er... Acid Splash should be able to corrode metal, right?

localhoney

the smooth jazz of bastards
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
im just going to manifest really hard for this to stop

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Well I guess he's the embodiment of evil now or something since all the good was taken out

idk let's just have BEYOND cut him with The Comically Oversized Flaming Sword of Justice (tm) since thinking is hard

Krashkube

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 27, 2020
I'm a demon now, so I should be able to throw fire

I wait until NC is in the same direction as the Maple House before throwing a few fireballs in that direction

Moon

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
okay, why did this just stop a year ago?

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
okay, why did this just stop a year ago?
The person running it probably got busy with stuff and didn't have the time. It's kind of normal with RTDs.

VGBM

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Aw man, I saw new messages in this thread and got excited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)