• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Roll to Dodge Election RTD (Epilogue)

Thread Description
Politics be wack, yo.

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Free Televised Debates... FOR EVERYONE!

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
The Prime Minister’s words remind me of another thought I’d had a few days prior, and I take the time to call him up today. “I’ll definitely be around for the coronation,” I say, “But on election night, would you like to join my stream once more? We’ll have election coverage, but truth be told, most of my fellow gamers aren’t interested in watching the votes roll in all night, so there will also be Mario Kart.”

Krashkube

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 27, 2020
I try to bullshit out an argument that the afterlife portals weren't applied for instead being a fusion of the portals to heaven and hell, therefore making the portals illegal and i can build wherever i damn please

localhoney

the smooth jazz of bastards
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
I put any candidate that can threaten my win in an afterlife holding cell, just until I secure my victory.

JaneWolf

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
We grow the crops so that they can grow as part of the buildings making fresh eco buildings.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
With my dastardly plans in action, I must feign innocence - I could never tie that back to me! Luckily, people are fooled by a cute girl, so I hope to use my charms to continue to garner support and make sure they don't offer their votes to others.

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
Aight, now that I’m in a comfortable position on the polls... I’ve run out of creativity. Great. Uh, I guess I’ll make robots? Yeah, robots are cool.

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.
最高だ〜
as i exit the ice cream dimension, with new followers in tow, i begin making plans for my 最後* debate, regarding why ice cream should be the national food, why we should all live in harmony, and why this song should be our national anthem, even though i have never even brought it up until now.

(*tl note: 最後 {さいご, saigo} means "final".)

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Ok yeah I missed a few days but I've decided that I will be stepping out of the election to just keep doing science things.

And by party, I mean set up the coolest, most epic full day party for election day that the world has ever seen. All my voters go to the person who parties the hardest. Cause that's the type of candidate a scientist wants right?

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Turn 18, we’re getting closer and closer guys! Can you feel it, cause I know I can!

Free Televised Debates... FOR EVERYONE!
{4} You manage to set up a debate for today and tomorrow. Not much else to it, besides setting it up. You’re still a wanted felon, you know that? Meh, it’ll be pardoned anyways by the time of the coronation.

DEBATE TIME(½): COMMENCE!

absolutely destroy all my rivals in the upcoming debates
{4} You make some pretty valid points that averagely destroys your rivals. You gain supporters in a moderate amount. That’s what you get for getting the moderate success roll,get a higher roll next time if you want to destroy your rivals absolutely in the debate.

The Prime Minister’s words remind me of another thought I’d had a few days prior, and I take the time to call him up today. “I’ll definitely be around for the coronation,” I say, “But on election night, would you like to join my stream once more? We’ll have election coverage, but truth be told, most of my fellow gamers aren’t interested in watching the votes roll in all night, so there will also be Mario Kart.”
{4} “Egge, as your friend I will absolutely join you. I need something to do that night besides starting to count down the days.” Aureum persuasion check, success!

I try to bullshit out an argument that the afterlife portals weren't applied for instead being a fusion of the portals to heaven and hell, therefore making the portals illegal and i can build wherever i damn please
{2} Nah, you decide to get a job as an afterlife newspaper boy instead. You make a decent amount of money out of it, at least!

I put any candidate that can threaten my win in an afterlife holding cell, just until I secure my victory.
{1} As you’re about to do so, Prime Minister Aureum appears behind you.

“Tsk tsk, I can’t have you do that, as much as I want to.” He says as he snaps his fingers, a green glow surrounding the both of you.

“I am the President of Everything, and now that there proves to be other realms apart of everything, I’m technically under control of the afterlife. So my power extends to here, unfortunately for you. This election will run my way, and I don’t need YOU to go and mess that up!” He starts to get louder and angrier as the glow becomes brighter.

“I’m trying to give people here some fun. Just a little fun before I’m forced to step down. What happens if you put all your worthy competition in a holding cell? Their supporters get upset, and you see, I’m trying to make this the most fascinating election! Because when this is all over, then it will be my turn to have fun.” The glow engulfs everything as you feel something weird.

{3 for localhoney/ 5 for Aureum}
It disappears, and you feel weird. Your vision clears and you notice you’re in a holding cell in New Canada. Aureum isn’t around, but you notice a few things with you in the cell. Aureum left you with a minifridge, a phone (+charger), and a toilet. Isn’t that nice of him? At least you can miss the debate happening today!

We grow the crops so that they can grow as part of the buildings making fresh eco buildings.
{4} You manage to create eco buildings using farm magic. That’s something I never thought would happen, but here we are!

With my dastardly plans in action, I must feign innocence - I could never tie that back to me! Luckily, people are fooled by a cute girl, so I hope to use my charms to continue to garner support and make sure they don't offer their votes to others.
{4} You manage to do well in the debate using your charms and innocent appearance! You garner a charming number of supporters, as turns out that gamers think girls are pretty (including gamer girls).

Aight, now that I’m in a comfortable position on the polls... I’ve run out of creativity. Great. Uh, I guess I’ll make robots? Yeah, robots are cool.
{5} Instead of properly debating, you do the next best thing! Which is expertly building robots! You absolutely show off your robot-building skills, and they come with every bell and whistle you could. All the androids viewers are jealous they don’t look that new and cool, and so many people just find them so cool! So for some reason, you managed to performed the best in the debate and gained a mechanical ton of supporters!

最高だ〜
as i exit the ice cream dimension, with new followers in tow, i begin making plans for my 最後* debate, regarding why ice cream should be the national food, why we should all live in harmony, and why this song should be our national anthem, even though i have never even brought it up until now.

(*tl note: 最後 {さいご, saigo} means "final".)
{3} You manage to only discuss why ice cream should be the national food for the first debate, meaning you have to leave the rest for the final debate tomorrow! You at least gain a few supporters!

Ok yeah I missed a few days but I've decided that I will be stepping out of the election to just keep doing science things.

And by party, I mean set up the coolest, most epic full day party for election day that the world has ever seen. All my voters go to the person who parties the hardest. Cause that's the type of candidate a scientist wants right?
{6} We’ll see how that plays out on Turn 20. Just know that you have setted up the coolest party, and you have dropped out very successfully to continue your scientific endeavours.

DEBATE TIME(½): END!

3rd: Local
4th: VGBM
5th: Sugar
6th: Cirr
7th: Jane
8th: Fool, Hobo, Krashkube
9th: 0, XearnesGeo, Zorua

Eevee has dropped out of the election, yet like TheTRUEgge will still be able to participate in the RTD.

localhoney

the smooth jazz of bastards
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Huh. Of course my worst roll of the game would come in round 18.

I call Lucifer to break me out, and then rejoin the debate, reclaiming my place atop the polls.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
sell the souls of my enemies to absolutely destroy my enemies in the debates

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
Actually y'know what. I'm a man.

A MAN OF SCIENCE. A MAN OF NO FEAR, WHO ISN'T AFRAID OF DOING ANYTHING.

As this election nears its end, I must make sure that we have the right Prime Minster of Everything. So there's only one option.

I turn New Canada itself into a girl. If anyone knows who should be elected, it's her.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
You know what else works well to gain support? Benefit concerts! What's better than inviting all my supports to a performance of all sorts of covers of video game music? The orchestra even takes requests!

And possibly slips in a subliminal message or two that you should vote for Nebbles, because she's the best.

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Free Money... FOR EVERYONE!

VGBM

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
(Just pretend I was there for the first debate. Argh!) While saying a bunch of fluff about how I stand for science and for everyone to be whoever or whatever they want, I'm also secretly using my voice the hypnotise the viewers into voting for me. This goes especially for those Nebbles has affected with her subliminal messages, as they'll be more susceptible. The more screentime I get, the better.

Krashkube

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 27, 2020
I print campaign ads using my paper boy money saying i'll help the poor sewer folk if I am elected

Miscellaneous

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 29, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
???
I don’t know how to debate, and I’ve been playing a lot of Phoenix Wright recently, so I’m just going to yell Objection! a lot and present random pieces of evidence as often as possible.

Last edited:

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I leave my cohorts to streaming for the day and get everything set up for the upcoming election!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)