• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia Double Random Mafia - Smash meets Shakespeare!

Thread Description
Game Over: Wombo Combo

Norhian Samur

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
My plan when VGBM switched Votes:

Anyway yeah we should go back on that Solaris Lynch, clearly the right play, Vote them not me
Vote: Solaris

I am 100% trustworthy, Definitely nothing SUS here.

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
inb4 samur's second role is fool

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Canonical nuzforums third party moment

If there's a mafia fool, we are the circus
Vote: Samur

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Late but the message I received earlier was “I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you post any items you’ve received last night, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will lynch you.” They remessaged me saying they were being a “epic memer” and to not use any n1 items since samur has been outed as maf.

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Also I’m cyclist and switched cirr and 0 anon last night. I wanted to switch cirr with someone to see if maybe he was being targeted and just picked anon randomly. Not sure if revealing this is a good idea but I thought it might shed some light.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
My brain is primordial soup so pls correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt this mean Kirby/Sol are soft cleared, or am I missing something? The only hole being if Sol was confused cop and Kirby was maf? But I guess that would still soft clear at least Sol. So can we connect village with this info?

Also Kirby pls state in the thread the phase after in the future if you use that ability lol. Even though its a village role it usually helps mafia more than anything.

Norhian Samur

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
No Guys Sol is clearly mafia and y'all should get her instead of me, You can trust me completely. Does this face look like it would lie to you?

While I'm at it, I can confirm that everyone is mafia. You're mafia, they're mafia, and etc and etc.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
Another thing, if the cyclist switch 0 anon and Cirr, if the nk counts as a visit, that would mean mafia was trying to kill 0 anon instrad of Cirr which would also soft-clear anon as well.

So rn in theory:
0 anon: Soft cleared
Sol: soft cleared
Kirby: Not cleared, but stating their cyclist role detrimental for maf, so im leaning vil on them
Lharm: Inactivity leads me to believe their vil, but ngl it would be funny if their maf
Hydro: possible maf
Calendar: obv. mafia, lynch this bitch already

Hydro is the biggest suspect rn as the remaining maf member

LHarm

Professional Shitposter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is too lazy to put a good Pokédex entry.
Sub me out. I can’t keep track of the Mafia game rn.

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Sorry for taking a while to get back here but we have a lot to discuss now that I've reread everything.

The situation is incredibly convoluted for this to be set up ahead of time. Kirby is probably the most confirmed village here imo, Cyclist is key to the entire situation we're in from the start and Mafia has little reason to claim it. If you think I'm soft cleared, you're hedging most of that on Kirby telling the truth first and Sol being redirected second.
Sol having a soft clear isn't necessarily true, as Samur's viral claim immediately took Sol off the chopping block. If Sol is our other mafia and the plan was to get a Shaman kill from the claim, we'd be at 4/2 and the game very well could have ended this night if Mafia has been holding back on their kill potential / have some ability to Remember, all we know for certain via both anonymous messages and self admission is that Sol visited Cirr, likely redirected from me (and later corroborated by Kirby), and that Cirr died.

If the tracker is also a spy / village-aligned, we basically have the ability to confirm everyone's roles and soft-confirm alignment now. Cop / Handyman claim is double village and w/ a lot of messages they could confirm Sol has both by adding random words to each PM to a specific role. Sol could thus get claims overnight, unite other double village, and steamroll from there.

Greatly interested in what the anonymessenger has to say.

pluslefan

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Casting my vote for Samur here. Will have more to say tomorrow perhaps.

greenchu

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Everyone down in Smashville liked Smash Bros a lot...
But Samur, who lived just north of Smashville, Did NOT!
Samur hated Smash Bros! The whole gaming season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
I'd say the reason why his feelings did foster
Was because the Grinch had leaked a false Smash roster!

"Why, for two day phases I've put up with it now!"
"I MUST stop these Smashers from Smashing! But HOW?"
Then he got an idea! An awful idea!
SAMUR GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!
"I know just what to do!" Samur laughed in a boast.
And he made a quick Third-Party claim in his post.
He laughed, "This will send village into a spiral!"
"With these lies in my post, they'll think I'm a Viral!"

And now he's fucking dead.

Dead: Norhian Samur - Shaman / Saboteur

Night 3 begins now and will last 24 hours.

greenchu

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020

Dead: KirbySSU - Miller / Cyclist

Day 3 begins now and will last 48 hours.

pluslefan

🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
This is unsurprising.

Is there any reason not to lynch Solaris, right now? Samur made their claim to protect them which basically served to get a shaman kill on someone when they swapped votes but also would've made samur look suspicious regardless of whether the 3rd party was the shaman target or not. It's a bit of a weird play but solaris may have some greater power than shaman that they've been sitting on all game.

Split is 4/1 rn so it's likely we can afford this. if nobody has any funky kill powers, which they might and this could be bait but I want to know what other people think. I wasn't super convinced by their argument yesterday

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Why isn't kirby appearing as a mafia main role? isnt that what miller does?

greenchu

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Why isn't kirby appearing as a mafia main role? isnt that what miller does?
This was one of the game-specific rules I mentioned in the OP.

"If a role reveals itself as a different role upon death, it will instead be revealed as the proper role (unless another role, such as Tailor for example, affects this)."

Basically I didn't want to deal with any potential fucky or unfair shit that could happen if roles don't truthfully reveal themselves upon death.

pluslefan

🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
I got a very cool spy message saying hydrochlorinate visited a dead person last night now spooky

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
When you say spy message, do you mean you know the role of that person, or that it was just an anon message. I think it's a good time to start revealing info, as we can't all die within this next day/night cycle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)