• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke General Video Games Do you Ship Your Pokemon in Your Nuzlockes?

Thread Description
Share your stories of your ships in your Nuzlockes!

Nuzlocker4Life

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 7, 2021
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon usually stays in her house, unmoving unless necessary. Her favorite food is pizza, and if you give her some, she will be your friend.
So we all know about Petty's Spuds the Venusaur x Barb the Nidoqueen ship in her Leafgreen Nuzlocke many years ago. Or Wedlockes, like Marriland's HeartGold Wedlocke with Carrot the Raticate x Peach the Primeape.

As a huge shipper, I have a fun topic for you Nuzlockers:

Have you ever ship your Pokemon in any of your Nuzlockes, whether in a vanilla Nuzlocke or a Wedlocke? What are your stories with this shipping?

My favorite shipping, out of all the Nuzlockes/Wedlockes I did, is my male Sceptile, Gex, and male Linoone, Tom Nook, in my undocumented Ruby Gay Wedlocke.

I always imagine that Tom Nook always protects Gex, since Gex is a Timid Nature. They were the very first couple in my team. Then Wattson happened. Everyone but Gex and Tom Nook died, and both dealt the final blow against that Magneton. Throughout the Wedlocke, I got a lot more deaths, so I imagine that they're suffering from PTSD from seeing so many deaths, and they promise to keep each other safe, and to always be with each other.

Then Wallace. Gex did well against most of his team, but then Milotic showed up, Ice Beam. Crit. Gex died. Tom Nook, heartbroken and losing all hope, defeated Milotic and Whiscash and somehow lived.

I have him paired with Big Blue the Wailord, and they both made it out at the end, but even with Big Blue's comfort, Tom Nook would never recover from the loss of his mate...

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I'd originally planned to feature a love triangle in Ori's Gift involving Rocket (the Eevee) and Cull (the Zubat) both falling in love with Bella (the Bellsprout), but it never materialized, mainly because the romantic tension didn't really add anything to the story and I already had too many active characters to fully keep track of. I can't rule it out as a possibility for later chapters, but I will say that at this point, it seems highly unlikely to ever materialize.

Now, in my upcoming Y lorelocke, I already have two team members that I'm planning a ton of sexual tension between, but we'll have to see if they survive long enough to make the proposed will-they-or-won't-they plotline truly pay off. (I will say that one of them is a church boy and the other is a chaotic neutral rogue, so that already leads to tension.)

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
In an undocumented Alpha Sappire locke, I had a ship between Tyson the Sceptile and Azul the Aggron
They both were the only two who could mega since Humpty the camerupt couldn't at the time, also Mac the manectric died fighting Kyogre. Mac I view as Tyson's best friend at the time, and when Mac died, Tyson, in a rage, killed Kyogre on purpose. Azul was also in the same egg group as Tyson, and they both were the oldest members of the team, it just sorta worked out. They also have a child named Jane, so thats cute.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Why are there so many ships with Sceptile?
Looks at my plans for my Omega Ruby navlocke and whistles innocently

LHarm

Professional Shitposter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is too lazy to put a good Pokédex entry.
(My profile pic does not like his dad being shipped with other people then his mom. That’s why he’s always angry and flipping people off.)

Anyways, yeah I ship. Might ship a Pokémon or two in my Pokémon Sword Nuzlocke that’s coming...

Last edited:

Nuzlocker4Life

Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 7, 2021
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon usually stays in her house, unmoving unless necessary. Her favorite food is pizza, and if you give her some, she will be your friend.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashtrayscomics

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 14, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Hmm, there are two characters in my Fire Red nuzlocke that show up soon that I started to lowkey ship once I started drawing the comic, but I'm now realizing that I actually don't tend to ship my Pokemon much haha. Although in a previous failed X rainbow wedlocke attempt I think I may have shipped Jeremiah the Greninja and Jasper the Meowstic. :-) They were cool bois (especially since Jerry was shiny)

(I love your nicknames by the way haha, was Gex inspired by mattyburrito's omeger rubyer videos by any chance? Also Carrot and Peach were awesome😎 )

Nuzlocker4Life

Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 7, 2021
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm, there are two characters in my Fire Red nuzlocke that show up soon that I started to lowkey ship once I started drawing the comic, but I'm now realizing that I actually don't tend to ship my Pokemon much haha. Although in a previous failed X rainbow wedlocke attempt I think I may have shipped Jeremiah the Greninja and Jasper the Meowstic. :-) They were cool bois (especially since Jerry was shiny)

(I love your nicknames by the way haha, was Gex inspired by mattyburrito's omeger rubyer videos by any chance? Also Carrot and Peach were awesome😎 )
Aww! I'm curious how that Rainbowlocke failed. That must have sucked ;_; Especially since Jerry is a shiny!! I wish you luck on your next Nuzlocke!

Also, I would love to check out that comic! It's been ages since I read a Nuzlocke comic actually XD

(I named Gex after the video game character actually! The name theme for that Wedlocke was video game characters. I also had Lady Bow the Dusclops, Keese the Crobat, Daisy the Roselia, and Kirby the Swalot! And yes, Parrot is my OTP in that run <3)

ashtrayscomics

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 14, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost
The biggest ship of all though has gotta be Tate+Liza and a big, fat solar beam in their sunny day faces 😌 (not Tate and Liza just to be clear I do not ship that lmao)

ashtrayscomics

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 14, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Aww! I'm curious how that Rainbowlocke failed. That must have sucked ;_; Especially since Jerry is a shiny!! I wish you luck on your next Nuzlocke!

Also, I would love to check out that comic! It's been ages since I read a Nuzlocke comic actually XD

(I named Gex after the video game character actually! The name theme for that Wedlocke was video game characters. I also had Lady Bow the Dusclops, Keese the Crobat, Daisy the Roselia, and Kirby the Swalot! And yes, Parrot is my OTP in that run <3)
Aaaa I think that one failed cause of Lysandre killing Jerry and Jet/Bruce (I can't remember sorry) the Mienshao... who was another shiny (that run was uh pretty crazy). I've failed X rainbow wedlockes so many times though, definitely over 30 lmao, so it's kinda funny I lost and restarted enough times to get a shiny haha.
Thank you! :-D There aren't too many pages atm but it updates Wednesdays :-)

Ohh that sounds like a fun name theme! I love the name Keese, I looked it up to see what game and it's Zelda <33 awesome game series

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
I may have shipped some team members in the past, but it's generally not my focus—with one exception. In one of my documented runs, I made Delaware the Serperior and Michigan the Simipour a couple, and I'm really pleased with how that worked out. They'd definitely established a rapport early on in the run (mostly Michigan teasing Delaware, but there was also a supportive bond that came with the two of them both being longstanding members of the team), and I'd actually considered shipping them but wasn't sure if I was going to.

Then, in response to an anti-gay development in the world (here's the post in the run that explains it), I decided I wanted to do something to show my support to the LGBTQ+ community, and decided to go ahead and pair up the two characters (who are both male). I got some very nice feedback on both the formation of the relationship and how it played out subsequently; the two of them definitely had their differences and even got into a big fight at one point, but they definitely cared deeply about each other. And ultimately (spoilers for the run) they got to retire together just before the Elite Four rematch, alive and happy.

Brendan Rizzo

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 5, 2021
Do Attract shenanigans count?

I'd give more details, but this is in a run I am currently doing, and which I actually intend to post on this board for once when it's done. (Assuming that I actually complete it, of course.)

So, spoilers for a major fight, but I had my Spoink out against Flannery's Torkoal, and the latter went for Attract. But I predicted this, and bounced it back with Magic Coat. So her Torkoal was attracted to Spoink, and not the other way around. Then I thought, since I've made it a coin flip already, I might as well make it two coin flips, to protect my Pokemon even more. So I used Confuse Ray. Now Torkoal was both infatuated and confused. Unfortunately, it pulled off an Overheat on the very next turn, and Spoink went down in one hit. But my next Pokemon took it down without too much trouble. So, when I post the run, I'll probably have a little vignette of Spoink and Torkoal falling for each other and, realizing that they are opposite sides of the conflict, conduct a suicide pact or something. I dunno.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Why are there so many ships with Sceptile?
I'm just glad to see people using Sceptile in their runs at all. He gets neglected undeservingly 😔

Back on topic:
I think I've had three ships in my runs, and coincidentally, two of them involved Sceptile (sorry LHarm).

Way back in my very first run ever, I was shipping my Sceptile Dimitri with my Mightyena Jennifer. It started around the time she evolved (around Mauville-this was Ruby btw). I got to use them against the twins, and I was looking forward to them settling down after the run. Unfortunately, I lost her to Steven's Aggron. He revenge-killed it and ultimately survived, but the damage was done...

When I ran Diamond, I ended up shipping my shiny Staraptor Falco with my Honchkrow Raven. She actually caused the run's first death when I was trying to catch her, so when I decided to use her, I liked to imagine it like he was the only one of the team to initially accept her, and it eventually led to a relationship.
(The others would eventually go on to accept her after she demolished Fantina's gym.)
They both survived the run, and I liked to imagine they adopted the Riolu Riley gives you before settling down and having their own babies afterward.

Then in my first randomlocke, I ended up shipping my Sceptile Forrest and my Politoed Frogger. (female Sceptile btw)
It initially started as a joke I would tease her about, before I decided to make it a genuine thing later on. Luckily they both survived as well and presumably settled down to have their own family after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)