• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia DELTARUNE Chapter 2 Mafia

Thread Description
A Cyber's World

solaris127h

Professional Cool Gal
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
Either that or I'm mafia with the single weirdest mafia play of all time but that's such a damn risky play that I would 100% be stopped from trying it.
Not gonna lie, every time I read "this is a weird maf play" I :squint: really hard wondering if it's not reverse psychology. I still don't really buy the keep killer alive the whole time arguments too, but more because I really don't trust we can keep Pepper contained before some confluence of actions somehow allows her to take out another village. I also keep hearing that she's more harmful to maf but feels like it'd be totally in character for her to want to work with maf anyway, if not try to screw over a specific individual who was mean to her at some point. I really need a breakdown of how village benefits from keeping her alive for the rest of the game rather than like just for today or next day cuz I'm not seeing it.

Also, what there's a gun?? Where does he say that? Pepper declined the d1 gun and I don't see that another deal went through in his post.

VGBM

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
>IF YOU GOT MY [[Little friend]]
>YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!
>[[Wink]]
This right here. The [[Little friend]] is most likely a Scarface reference, indicating that the item given out today was a gun.

MelloNyello

El Gran Pepega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 16, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
Tri/Hard
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. ???
Also friendly reminder that there should be 5 items in play by now, 2 of which are fake. Someone use one, I crave drama.
Cirr is too darkner for me to want to vote for 'em.
Also samur is a bit of a risk either way, but very likely some kind of PR.

Plusle is radiating stronger maf vibes all in all, so

unvote - samur
vote - plusle

edit - I wonder how annoyed detective is that they keep landing darkners lmao

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
This is a complicated situation today and I’ll be honest I’m not really sure what to do but I will say, don’t use your items if you have them. The Santa would realistically have been giving out crystal balls, I could maybe see snowball and the drawback is low so any villagers can test those I guess, knives will almost certainly backfire

If it was anyone else saying this I’d call it suspicious but I don’t understand Mello’s logic in most cases so I don’t know here but getting to kill them before night 3 would amuse me. Can you go into more explanation as to why you’re doing this particular lynch please Mello?

pluslefan

Johto League Champion
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
I haven't posted yet today and I did desperately lead/follow a lynch against Spamton and Egge a villager so obviously I'm mafia and not just someone trying to get a lynch off because no lynching is bad uwu. I'm clearly scum throw me out the fucking door.

Anyway I had a shit day at work and today is thanksgiving, but bottom line is I'm still vaguely sus of Rue for their opinions yesterday and I'm currently squinting very hard at Emitone and Corni. I still gotta reread some stuff in order to solidify reasoning but got knows if I'll have the time during the holiday today so it is what it is.

Anemone

cheese head
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is not a Pokemon at all. Do not trust your eyes.
there's a lot of lynch targets being thrown around

I'd be more sus of emitone if egge had flipped mafia

corni is acting very different from last game, which could be a tell

mello is talking nonsense (plus it'd be a bad idea for detective to reveal themselves anyway right now since ralsei is otherwise occupied (presumably))

I don't think rue is acting any different than usual

plusle isn't really radiating maf energy? he's being called out for doing the same things I did last phase and apparently I'm getting off scot free for pushing a lynch against a villager

sol, vgbm and cirr aren't really saying much of substance here

samur has had some hot takes yes but I prefer hot takes over nothing posts

anyone who is suggesting we throw all of our items at the wall and seeing who dies has an angry finger pointed at them (it's mine)

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
plusle radiates maf energy just by existing

Anyway the point about corni is... interesting? I didn't think they were acting that differently

Anemone

cheese head
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
going from leading village last game to following lynch trains this game counts as different enough for me to make note of it

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
corni was leading by virtue of being cleared by glass man, I feel like this is a completely different scenario

VGBM

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
Wait so my scumhunts, advice on what to/not to reveal, and several attempts to start discussions are not much of substance?

I'll admit, my suspicions of Cirr may be more of a gut feeling than I initially thought. The way I scumhunt is I look at someone's actions, imagine a mafia doing those things, and then try to figure out what the strategy, and I thought I saw a good "lay low" strategy with the way Cirr approached the bandwagon on Bunny. But after keeping a close eye on Cirr today I'm not as convinced. Though i still think Samur and Calendar are worth keeping an eye on. (On the other hand, it's worth noting that I only looked at their actions up to Bunny claiming village PR so a deeper analysis is probably in order.)

And now Anemone is giving some hot takes and I don't know what to think about that, but I'm leaning toward "fellow mafia would've told him not to." Mello's also giving hot takes but that's normal for them.

This is my last post before sleep and we still don't have a clear target so all I can say is, keep talking, keep discussing. Goodnight.

Anemone

cheese head
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
I told you I was bad at scumhunting lmao

I tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Emitone

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 15, 2021
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Poison
Wait so my scumhunts, advice on what to/not to reveal, and several attempts to start discussions are not much of substance?

I'll admit, my suspicions of Cirr may be more of a gut feeling than I initially thought. The way I scumhunt is I look at someone's actions, imagine a mafia doing those things, and then try to figure out what the strategy, and I thought I saw a good "lay low" strategy with the way Cirr approached the bandwagon on Bunny. But after keeping a close eye on Cirr today I'm not as convinced. Though i still think Samur and Calendar are worth keeping an eye on. (On the other hand, it's worth noting that I only looked at their actions up to Bunny claiming village PR so a deeper analysis is probably in order.)

And now Anemone is giving some hot takes and I don't know what to think about that, but I'm leaning toward "fellow mafia would've told him not to." Mello's also giving hot takes but that's normal for them.

This is my last post before sleep and we still don't have a clear target so all I can say is, keep talking, keep discussing. Goodnight.
But isn't it difficult to do that with 21 people, since it would be way too much information to keep track of... do you write it on a notepad document?

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
  3. ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
oh YEAH, I’m still alive!
Uh so, I don’t have any hot takes or scum hunts for you, I’m just reminding you that I still exist.
If you have acquired a thingy, do not tell us about your thingy until you need to use the thingy or get advice on the thingy.
Also, some of the thingy-holders may be dead, so I wouldn’t count on there being 4 thingys, with 2 fakes among them

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Heads up, I’m going to be busy tomorrow so I’m going to put down a vote sometime today cuz I’m not going to be active the last ~12 hours of this phase.

I don’t really understand VGBM’s logic with the Spamton-Pepper situation. If she was anything besides the Killer, she would’ve been lynched. So I don’t really get the logic with focusing on wanting more info? The other thing I’m confused about is when you said you wanted Eevee to come forward with the consequences this phase. So what’s the difference between you wanting more info about Spamton that doesn’t make you sus but makes me, Cirr, and Samur?

I’m most sus of Sol rn, her posts last phase felt the fluffiest and overall just feels off?

My only hot take here is that I wouldnt be surprised if one of the kits flipped maf

Also this is a PSA to pls not kill Mello, he can have opinions without being lynched for them lmao

Otherwise the reads are going to be difficult this phase just cuz of the holidays slowing down discussion.

cornibot

the worst nuzlocker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.
Ugh, busy couple of days. I don't have time for a full scumhunt just yet so this is mostly a quickreads/gut reactions post.

I haven't posted yet today and I did desperately lead/follow a lynch against Spamton and Egge a villager so obviously I'm mafia and not just someone trying to get a lynch off because no lynching is bad uwu. I'm clearly scum throw me out the fucking door.

Anyway I had a shit day at work and today is thanksgiving, but bottom line is I'm still vaguely sus of Rue for their opinions yesterday and I'm currently squinting very hard at Emitone and Corni. I still gotta reread some stuff in order to solidify reasoning but got knows if I'll have the time during the holiday today so it is what it is.

Despite Plusle gunning for both our 3P targets pretty hard I don't think we can hold that against him after both Pepper and Eevee had drawn so much attention to themselves. The Egg lynch was kind of a last-minute "any lynch is better than a no lynch" thing that we all took part in, so, eh, not gonna throw shade on him for that either.

That said, his scumtakes seem a bit... odd? He hasn't really explained why he's sus of me (or Rue for that matter) even though I asked him why earlier; he's just tossed vague accusations in my general direction a few times. Some kind of reasoning there would be appreciated. Being sus of Emi is a bit more understandable but I get much stronger 'confused villager' vibes than 'sus' vibes, personally.

there's a lot of lynch targets being thrown around

I'd be more sus of emitone if egge had flipped mafia

corni is acting very different from last game, which could be a tell

Cirr already said this but yeah, last game I was thrown into a village lead role immediately and kinda just had to do the best I could; it wasn't really a conscious decision on my part. I don't think I'm acting much differently than normal apart from that? I guess I've been less active than usual but I blame irl stuff and BDSP for that lol.

Dammit I have to make dinner and go to a class and I don't have time to look for a proper target right now. Gonna post this as-is and come back in a bit.

VGBM

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
But isn't it difficult to do that with 21 people, since it would be way too much information to keep track of... do you write it on a notepad document?
Is what difficult? Scumhunting? I tend to focus on one person at a time, just look at all the posts made by them and try to make sense of them. And even then my last scumhunt didn't focus on every player. And of course I use a notepad to keep track of it all.

I don’t really understand VGBM’s logic with the Spamton-Pepper situation. If she was anything besides the Killer, she would’ve been lynched. So I don’t really get the logic with focusing on wanting more info? The other thing I’m confused about is when you said you wanted Eevee to come forward with the consequences this phase. So what’s the difference between you wanting more info about Spamton that doesn’t make you sus but makes me, Cirr, and Samur?
I was on the fence about the costs thing (and still am), I brought it up in the hopes that we would actually, you know, discuss it, instead of just Eevee saying "no" and no one else saying anything. I'm generally wary of any information being revealed that Mafia could use against us, but I'm not sure how they could use the cost list against us. Cirr brought up the possibility of mafia using the list to bluff the cost they got, but A) unless it's info we shouldn't be revealing the items we got from Spamton anyway, and B) Spamton would immediately know they're lying.

For the Bunny situation I thought I explained that. Anyone, mafia or village, would've wanted Bunny lynched, so just looking at who voted for her doesn't say much. And the reason everyone wanted her lynched was because she revealed too much info. So I'm suspicious of people who wanted others to reveal info, such as item claims. And Calendar, you were the first to actively encourage people to come forward if they got a gun from Spamton, and the whole Bunny debacle started with her revealing she was offered a gun from Spamton.

Btw I'd like to remind everyone that I also won't be available for the last ~10 hours of the day phase, so if we're gonna find a lynch target, we gotta do is soon. In fact, if it'll get people to talk more, I'll go ahead and get this started.

Vote: Calendar

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
>IF I WAS [[A naught boy]] today
>I WOULD MAKE ONE POST TO BE [[Considered to be a healthy and active individual]]
>AND NOT [[Make any more contributions]]
>ALSO I M BORED
>[[Vote: Anemone]]

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
while the last eevee led lynch didn't go well, I guess I prefer it to the calender lynch

Vote: anemone unless something better turns up

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
>OH.
>WAIT.
>I SPELLED IT WRONG
>[[Vote: Rueblie]]
>THAT S WHAT I GET FOR [[Having the mental ability of a goldfish]]
>STILL THE SAME REASON THOUGH!!!
>THE [[Clownfish house]] HAS MADE A FEW POSTS!!!
>THE [[Ruby of my eye]] HAS MADE ONE!!!
>LET S VOTE THEM INSTEAD

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
Vote: Rueblie cause I'm busy af this week and gotta get my vote in

Users who are viewing this thread