• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
Dee Nuzlockes 11 games--with readers choosing the starters and rulesets! Current status: Crystal Notepad, episode 5

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
i love your squad of babies. i have a lot of faith in them and you! destroy bellsprout tower, there can only be one

• Love
Reactions: Dee

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
That's a solid earlygame team! I always try to get a Geodude in Johto, they're ESSENTIAL to getting anywhere with Whitney in my view, and he's gonna be pretty handy with Falkner too! Gaun yersel!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I don't have an update for you all, or replies yet (both should be coming soon) but! Check out this awesome banner I comm'd from the absolutely fantastic @Agent Nein :

deusjtm-539b4ee5-a70c-4682-9f9b-f09425b71a13.png

Look at how awesome this is! I love it! The idea was for a headshot of an iconic pokemon for each region, and they followed through perfectly. It'll be updated slightly as the project goes on! Please go check out Nein's comics if you haven't already, their comic Milos From Home is a fantastic PMD comic and a longtime favorite of mine!

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
oh that is such a lovely banner!!!!

• Love

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Love the banner. Is that Cap for Orre?

• Love

Fromso

Never filled a Pokedex yet!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 28, 2021
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Yeah, that banner is fantastic! (Also, whenever I see the title of this thread I still think "Dee's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin").

• Haha

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Chihuahua is an apt name for a Rattata -- little critter, big ears, big attitude. Here's hoping he serves you well.

I love it! Chihuahua certainly does have an attitude. So far he's been a loyal and well-serving member of the team!

i love your squad of babies. i have a lot of faith in them and you! destroy bellsprout tower, there can only be one

Thank you! I love them too 🥺 And yes, Chow Chow must eliminate the imposters!

That's a solid earlygame team! I always try to get a Geodude in Johto, they're ESSENTIAL to getting anywhere with Whitney in my view, and he's gonna be pretty handy with Falkner too! Gaun yersel!

Yeah, Geodude wrecks early Johto--I definitely count myself fortunate!

oh that is such a lovely banner!!!!

Right? I love Nein's work 🥰

Love the banner. Is that Cap for Orre?

I didn't specifically request him to show up, but I like to headcanon that he made an appearance here! The true Orresian mascot

Yeah, that banner is fantastic! (Also, whenever I see the title of this thread I still think "Dee's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin").

Thanks! And lol--I suppose there are worse places to take inspiration from xD

Current team:
155.png
Alsatian |
016.png
Bernese |
019.png
Chihuahua |
041.png
Sheltie |
074.png
Boxer |
069.png
Chow Chow

Violet City

Hello again. Last time, we made it here to Violet City; we also picked up a full team of six! I'm pretty confident with this squad; let's explore Violet first off.

Right off the bat, we find a man who offers an Onix in trade for a Bellsprout. Now, we actually have a Bellsprout... but Chow Chow is a promising and valuable member of our team! To say nothing of how Boxer already fills the Rock/Ground niche in a superior fashion. No thanks.

There's actually very little else to do in Violet before beating Falkner; hardly any items to grab unless I want to detour to the Ruins of Alph. (I don't.) I do manage to follow Earl back to his school. Why does he twirl every other step? Why does he talk like Yoda? Who knows!

Anyway, I spend a half hour a day for a couple of days grinding. Here's something I noticed while fighting off Spinarak--Poison Sting only has a 10% poison chance when used by a human. When used by the AI, it's around 85%! Grumble grumble...

Still, I manage to get everyone up to lv. 8, and then I head on over to the gym. The first trainer gets Boxer up to lv. 9, and the next trainer buffs Alsatian. After ducking out for a quick heal and slapping a Berry on Bernese, Chihuaha, and Boxer, it's time to take on our first Gym Leader!

BOSS: Gym Leader Falkner

Falkner leads off with his lv. 7 Pidgey; I respond by sending out Bernese. The two Pidgeys just tackle each other, but between his level advantage and the Berry he's holding, Bernese easily takes it.

Next up is Pidgeotto, lv. 9. I actually lead off with Sheltie; after Pidgeotto smacks the poor bat with a Gust, Sheltie returns fire with a Supersonic, successfully confusing the bird. I swap out Sheltie to Boxer, and Pidgeotto hits itself on the switch.

The next turn, Pidgeotto hits Boxer with a Mud-Slap. The attack does 5 of his 25 HP, and he returns fire with Tackle. The turn after, Pidgeotto hits itself again and Boxer uses another Tackle to bring it down to the yellow.

Pidgeotto breaks out of confusion and then it starts unloading on Boxer with Mud-Slap. But I have too much of a head start, and a Berry on top of it. It's no contest; despite the lowered accuracy, Boxer only misses once, and Pidgeotto goes down shortly a few turns after the Berry pops. With that… victory is ours, as is the Zephyr Badge and the Mud-Slap TM! Huzzah! Elm calms us up and wants us to take an egg from his aide over in the center. Since you can’t progress without taking the egg, I pick it up and then immediately box it. Notepad rules demand it!

But even though Falkner is down, there’s more to do here in town! First off…

Route 32

Don’t worry, I won’t be progressing immediately. But now that Falkner’s been brought to heel, the gentleman barring the road here gives us a Miracle Seed! How lovely! That’s something that goes straight on Chow Chow. But that’s not the only hold item we can snag!

Route 36

It’s Thursday as I’m typing this, so you know what that means! The first of the weekday siblings is here to find, Arthur of Thursday! The Hard Stone is here and although Boxer doesn’t know any Rock-type moves yet, that’s still going straight on him! Okay, enough faffing around. There’s one last obstacle in Violet City we have yet to overcome. You might even say it’s a towering obstacle…

Sprout Tower

I love this soundtrack! It really sells the idea of a solemn, ancient training ground. After beginning the ascent, we first pick up a Potion lying around. Nearby, a Sage indicates that the tower is made to ‘honor all pokemon.’ All pokemon in this case meaning the Bellsprout family and a couple of Hoothoot? 🙄

A little further up is an X Accuracy to snag and another Sage to fight, followed by a staircase leading to the final floor! After fighting through one last gauntlet of Sages (and a quick jaunt to the center to heal) we encounter none other than ol’ redhead himself—it’s Marks! He only cares about strong pokemon who can win, and the elder chimes in the pokemon are not tools of war…

But uh, a certain DS spinoff would disagree.

unknown.png

Just sayin’. (Warfare: rated E for Everyone.)

Anyway, let’s have a fight!

BOSS: Sage Li

The Sage opens with a lv. 7 Bellsprout; I send out Sheltie! Go, my little bat!

Turn one, Sheltie successfully confuses the Bellsprout, which uses Growth in return. The next turn confusion wears off, so I spend three turns trying to land it before finally making it stick again (stupid Supersonic and its low hit rate) only for Bellsprout to not hit itself and break free the following turn again. Okay, screw it—I’m just gonna chew through its HP with Leech Life! Even with Growth, Bellsprout still only does 1 HP a turn, or 2 with a crit. A very monotonous back-and-forth later, Bellsprout goes down.

The Sage’s next pokemon is lv. 10 Hoothoot; I send out Boxer! Boxer still doesn’t know Rock Throw yet, but that’s rectified by the level-up he receives after crushing Hoothoot with a crit Tackle! Last up is another lv. 7 Bellsprout. Enough screwing around; Bernese is more than capable of OHKO’ing with Gust. And that’s game! The Flash HM is ours—but this is only the very beginning of our journey. Next time, we head south from Violet City. See you all then!

Current deaths: 0

Current badges: 1

Current team:
155.png
Alsatian |
016.png
Bernese |
019.png
Chihuahua |
041.png
Sheltie |
074.png
Boxer |
069.png
Chow Chow

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Damn, you went for Falkner before learning Rock Throw? Brave, even as rubbish as he is XD

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Poking around the kitchen gives us this tidbit: mom’s specialty is… ‘Cinnabar Volcano Burger’? Erm, considering Cinnabar Island just exploded under a year ago, isn’t that… a bit gauche? (To say the least?)
3zh7y3.png

Ooh, I see you were trying for a fire/water/grass core there. Good thing, unlike in FireRed/LeafGreen, Sheltie can become a Crobat. Crobat are great.

Speaking of people that are dying, Falkner. Is he ever difficult when you have a Geodude on your team? Apparently no—not even when you don't have Rock Throw yet.

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
poison can kill in the overworld…
oh yeah, I remember playing a regular game of Yellow and leaving Viridian Forest and being so confused why the screen kept flashing until it showed the message "Pikachu Fainted!" and I realized it was the poison

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Damn, you went for Falkner before learning Rock Throw? Brave, even as rubbish as he is XD
Hey, I try not to overlevel, which I define as eclipsing a boss's ace! I might throw that rule aside for future runs like the no evo one, but I can handle Crystal just fine! :p

3zh7y3.png

Ooh, I see you were trying for a fire/water/grass core there. Good thing, unlike in FireRed/LeafGreen, Sheltie can become a Crobat. Crobat are great.

Speaking of people that are dying, Falkner. Is he ever difficult when you have a Geodude on your team? Apparently no—not even when you don't have Rock Throw yet.

Yep, I was trying for that core--but even without Poliwag, I'm pretty happy with Sheltie!

oh yeah, I remember playing a regular game of Yellow and leaving Viridian Forest and being so confused why the screen kept flashing until it showed the message "Pikachu Fainted!" and I realized it was the poison

Oh no! At least it was a regular game and not a nuzrun

Current team:
155.png
Alsatian |
016.png
Bernese |
019.png
Chihuahua |
041.png
Sheltie |
074.png
Boxer |
069.png
Chow Chow

Violet City

Welcome back, peeps! Last time, we overcame our first two challenges here in the town of violets, seizing our first Gym Badge and the Flash HM along the way. This time, we finally leave this part of Johto behind us as we continue our journey! But first things first…

Route 29

Back here? Yep, now that Falkner’s out of the way, a certain lady shows up on Tuesdays. We snag a Pink Bow from Tuscany and slap it straight onto Chihuahua. Hey, nothing’s wrong with accessorizing! Okay, back to it.

Route 32

No mere quick stopover for a Miracle Seed this time—this is the real deal! Let’s do it!

After a battle with a Youngster, we find one of my fave NPCs in Crystal—Picknicker Liz! I don’t know why this girl and her Nidoran tickle me, but hearing her get constantly wowed by tales of our exploits just puts a smile on my face.

A little further south, the endless Fishermen help get Chow Chow up to par level-wise with the rest of the team (she’d been falling a bit behind due to all the fliers in Violet!) One of the anglers wants to give me his phone number. I turn him down and he laments that even his own children won’t trade numbers with him… that’s actually heartbreaking 😢

Off in the grass we find a Great Ball, and while it’s not Friday while I’m typing this, checking Frieda’s spot surrenders a second Great Ball! But all is not well—this sketchy guy wants us to buy a ‘tasty, nutritious’ Slowpoke tail for roughly one gazillion dollars. Pointless cruelty to animals and a prohibitive price tag? Sounds like late-stage capitalism to me! Though maybe you’d have more sellers if you weren’t offering them out in the middle of nowhere?

A little further down south, we run into an acolyte of Falkner’s… with a bigger team than Falkner, and higher levels. Why aren’t you the Gym Leader, buddy? It’s always funny to see that—I remember a late-game Black Belt in RSE who says he trained with Brawly despite having pokemon about two dozen levels higher, or a hiker in RBY with the exact same team as Brock but higher leveled… of course, later games indicate that early leaders are pulling their punches, but still!

Union Cave

This cave is the enemy of robber barons everywhere.

After picking up an X Attack, it’s time to start bullying stout older men—by which I mean, Hikers. (Okay no joke, the classic Hiker is one of my fave trainer classes in pokemon, and I’m kind of bummed that later games reimagined them into buff twentysomethings. That’s what the Backpacker class is for! Don’t mess with a classic.) Though this first one deserves to be bullied, perhaps. He was ‘conned’ into buying a Slowpoke tail. What sort of disposable income do you have, old man?!

As we go in, we finally get Alsatian and Sheltie leveled up enough to know real moves: Ember and Bite, respectively! (I do find it frustrating how the older games would hold off on your starter’s elemental moves for so long. I mean, c’mon!)

We also pick up the Swift TM in the basement. I slap that on Alsatian as well; sure, the Cyndaquil line does technically learn the move by levelup, but so late that it’s infeasible to wait for it.

Near the end, a Firebreather tells us that his Vulpix’s flames are what keep Union Cave lit, thus precluding the need to use Flash. Nifty! Now, if only every other non-dark cave contained such explanations. What’s Mt. Mortar’s story, huh? Or for that matter, why is Flash only needed in the first room of Mt. Silver?

Well, that’s a question for another day.

Route 33

Short but sweet. We take on a nearby Hiker and pillage a tree of its berries, and that’s it! Next time, we should be ready to address the challenges waiting for us in Azalea. See you all then!

Current badges: 1

Current team:
155.png
Alsatian |
016.png
Bernese |
019.png
Chihuahua |
041.png
Sheltie |
074.png
Boxer |
069.png
Chow Chow

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hooray for a peaceful update with no heart attacks, and for Alsatian's fashionable new outfit!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
One of the anglers wants to give me his phone number. I turn him down and he laments that even his own children won’t trade numbers with him… that’s actually heartbreaking 😢
Hang on, I think I know the exact guy you're talking about! In HGSS, at least, he has phone call dialogue where he talks about spending more time with GOLDEEN than his children, so don't feel too bad for him. >_>

Near the end, a Firebreather tells us that his Vulpix’s flames are what keep Union Cave lit, thus precluding the need to use Flash. Nifty! Now, if only every other non-dark cave contained such explanations. What’s Mt. Mortar’s story, huh? Or for that matter, why is Flash only needed in the first room of Mt. Silver?
Maybe the other Firebreathers are just better at hiding from trainers. You don't want the spoil ✨ the illusion ✨ .

• Wow

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Hooray for a peaceful update with no heart attacks, and for Alsatian's fashionable new outfit!

Hooray for peace! Though we draw ever closer to Whitney and that cursed Miltank of hers...

Hang on, I think I know the exact guy you're talking about! In HGSS, at least, he has phone call dialogue where he talks about spending more time with GOLDEEN than his children, so don't feel too bad for him. >_>

Maybe the other Firebreathers are just better at hiding from trainers. You don't want the spoil ✨ the illusion ✨ .

Nooo, I still feel pretty bad for the guy!

And now I'm worried about a secret cabal of stealthy firebreathers...

Current team:
155.png
Alsatian |
016.png
Bernese |
019.png
Chihuahua |
041.png
Sheltie |
074.png
Boxer |
069.png
Chow Chow

Route 32

Welcome back and—wait, didn’t we leave off in Route 33? Yes we did, however since it’s Friday as I’m typing this, it’s time to go pick up a new item! Frieda of Friday gives us the Poison Barb. That’ll be useful when Sheltie or Chow Chow learn a Poison-type move… eventually. But for now, back to adventure.

Route 33

I thought I’d spare you the return trip through Union Cave.

Azalea Town

Nice music! Right off the bat, we see a suspicious type guarding the local well. Sketchy! Also, this has nothing to do with anything, but I always thought that the GSC overworld sprites for Team Rocket looked like they were wearing cossack hats.

Examining the back of the well surrenders a hidden Full Heal, and then we can explore the town proper. There are two primary topics of conversation: Kurt and the missing Slowpoke. Let’s check in on this Kurt!

I’ve always liked the detail you get from examining stuff in GSC. Poking around Kurt’s house reveals a shrine to the forest protector, as well as a photo of a young Prof. Oak! It seems that Kurt knows all sorts of people. Anyway, the old man himself gives us the downlow: Team Rocket is abducting Slowpoke and hacking off their tails for sale. Telling the story gets him all worked up, so away he goes! Huzzah!

Let’s follow, shall we?

Slowpoke Well

Near the entrance is Kurt, who fell allllllllll the way down in the well and landed back-first! He’s quite blasé about the whole thing. Be careful, dude! You could end up hurting yourself! With him out of commission, it’s up to us to save the day.

The slew of grunts prove to be no match for us, though examining the captive Slowpoke reveals one is still carrying the goodbye message its trainers left for it to give their little girl… :’(

After sending Team Rocket packing, Kurt shows up to check on us. I see your back recovered only after the crisis was over! No wonder you were so laissez-faire about falling down a well. It was all a setup to get me to do the dangerous stuff! Don’t think I don’t see you, old man!

Azalea Town

Back in town, Kurt bribes us with a Lure Ball to stop us from exposing his cowardice. Unfortunately his custom balls are notorious for not actually working in Gen II, so we won’t bother coming back. But all is not lost! After a stopover to heal, it’s time for us to take on the Gym!

…hey, wait. Where was Bugsy, anyway? Team Rocket was just barricading his Gym and he didn’t do anything about it! At least in the Goldenrod takeover, you can see Whitney’s trainers fighting against Rocket goons in HGSS. I don’t think Bugsy has any such showcase! Seems like he needs to be shown what real responsibility looks like.

(It looks like me beating up a nerd in safari gear with a giant net. That’s what it looks like.)

Fun fact: while I’m rampaging my way through the Gym, a certain Fire-type hits lv. 14!

156.png
Alsatian has evolved into Quilava!

About time, buddy! It seems fitting for our first evolution to be our starter. Now let’s do this!

BOSS: Gym Leader Bugsy

With a Quilava, a Pidgey, and a Geodude, I’m pretty confident we can handle this clown. Bugsy leads with a lv. 14 Metapod; I open with Alsatian. Ember easily takes it out. Bugsy’s next pokemon is his ace, Scyther! I swap to Boxer. Scyther actually manages to survive an initial Rock Throw with the barest sliver of health, but still does single-digit damage across two turns before being taken out. For Kakuna, I’ve decided to give Bernese a chance to shine! Gust 2HKOs without issue.

And that’s the fight! The Hive Badge and Fury Cutter TM are ours.

After a heal in the Center, it’s time to head west into the forest and—oh, wait! There’s another boss fight right ahead of us! Marks shows up smack-talking us and wanting to know about Team Rocket. He doesn’t think we gave them the boot. Let’s show this poser just how strong we are!

BOSS: Marks

Immediately, it’s Sheltie vs Gastly. Sheltie pulls off a 2HKO with Bite after Gastly first does weak damage with Lick and then misses with Hypnosis. Marks’s next pokemon is Zubat. I swap to Boxer and after Zubat lands a weak Bite, Boxer OHKOs with Rock Throw. EZ PZ.

Marks’s last and scariest pokemon is Croconaw. Hey wait… this thing’s lv. 16! You shouldn’t have it evolved yet! So you’re not just a thief, but a cheater as well? For shame! 😤

To fight the croc, I send out Chow Chow. The first thing Croconaw does is land a Leer on my Bellsprout, and Chow Chow takes it to the high yellow with a crit Vine Whip. The next turn Scratch does about half of Chow Chow’s damage! D: Chow Chow gets Croconaw to the red with another Vine Whip, but I don’t trust the damage range. I swap her out for Chihuahua; he takes about 1/3rd​ of his HP bar on the switch from Scratch. But it’s all fine, because Chihuahua lands a Quick Attack to clinch the fight! We did it!

Marks tries to save face by exclaiming that we only won because his pokemon were weak. And who trained those pokemon again…?

After a much-needed diversion to the Center (again), it’s time to follow hot on Marks’s heels through the western gate.

Ilex Forest

Hey… what’s an Ilex anyway? :Tc

Marks is nowhere to be seen, but a young man is too scared of the lv. 7 Kakuna and other dangerous inhabitants of the forest to go look for a lost Farfetch’d. Guess we’d better take care of that for him!

Now, we could chase it all over the forest… or we could talk to it once, go around it, and cut out all of the nonsense. I prefer that latter option. Exploring the forest surrenders a Revive (aka a cool 750 pokedollars once I get to a mart) but that’s nothing compared to the reward once we get the bird pokemon back: the Cut HM! I know it’s a bad move, but I think I’m going to slap this on Chow Chow. I just want access to it, plus move options are so bad in this gen anyway that I don’t think I’ll be nerfing her too bad. Now, back to Azalea!

Azalea Town

I left the charcoal man and his apprentice back in the forest, yet they somehow got here before me. Maybe Farfetch’d knows Fly? The apprentice gives us a belated thanks in the form of Charcoal. That’s going right on Alsatian, you’d best believe it!

And now, we can finally leave Azalea for real.

Ilex Forest

Returning to where we departed from the charcoal cutter, a quick application of Cut leads us to the forest shrine. Intriguing…

A little further, a green-haired man is bullying some trees and wants me to bully them too. All I have to do is convince my pokemon to ram headlong into them. (Aka, I get the Headbutt TM.) A Bug Catcher a little further in extols on its use. Okay, you want me to use Headbutt! I get it, game!

A little further, a lady gives us the Sweet Scent TM. That should be useful for grinding! And with that…

Route 34

We’ve made it! Next stop, Goldenrod. I’ll see you all there!

Current badges: 2

Current team:
156.png
Alsatian |
016.png
Bernese |
019.png
Chihuahua |
041.png
Sheltie |
074.png
Boxer |
069.png
Chow Chow

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Bugsy stops being a concern the second you choose Cyndaquil XD But now, the greater threat looms...

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
bugsy was probably in the forest this whole time playin with bug pokemon! also consistently surprised by how young the johto gym leaders are. at least half of kanto is adults

also real nice smooth so far! little beans are doin great

Users who are viewing this thread