• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
A Pokémon Diamond Nuzlocke Comic || Updates to resume on 12 Mar 2021

Sanctell

Professor at the Bard's College in Solitude
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 1, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost

|| Deviantart ||

How far would you go for freedom?

Debtlocked is a comic I jumped into in with little preparation as a means of exercising my artistic and writing skills. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy making it!

Run Start: 21 Dec 2017 || Run End: 12 Dec 2018
Comic Start: 12 Mar 2018 || Comic End: -- --- ----

• Any Pokémon that faints may not battle again​
  • Only the first encounter in an area may be caught​
    • Three chances are given to encounter an unowned species​
    • Shiny Pokémon are exempt.​
    • Legendary Pokémon must be caught if possible​
  • Fleeing from battle is disallowed​
  • Legendary Pokémon may not be used in battle​
  • Hold items that cure status effects or heal are disallowed​
  • Restricted spending:​
    • Only a single purchase can be made from a given vendor​
    • Only a single item type may be bought per purchase​
    • Total expenditure may not exceed 5% of wallet funds​

Last edited:

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I like your artstyle and the worldbuilding so far! Erwin’s adorable as well :)

rowantobias

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 7, 2020
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
they/ae
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon gushes about its girlfriend for hours on end.
it's really intriguing to see the two main characters interact! i'm really enjoying the story so far! i think my favorite character has to be the starly though ehehe

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Debtlocked is on the forum! I'm so happy to see you here! Devon's misadventures with life and debt are so good. Now I've got a great excuse to reread it, it's been a while and I'm foggy on all the details except that I know it was good and that I liked it.

Sanctell

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 1, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Devon and her team are now posting their run of the Nuzlocke Challenge on Pal Pad, an in-universe amalgamation of the most popular real life social media platforms, using Randall's phone. Pictures of events since these two met and a summary of the situation exist on their account.

Readers on DeviantArt and on the NuzlockeForums can now direct questions, comments, memes, and fan art to the characters themselves as long as:
1) the character(s) are with the party as of the latest page
2) the post subject doesn't contain knowledge that a watcher/follower in the world wouldn't know about

Additionally, readers can make these posts as themselves or as one of their own Nuzlocke characters (as long as they can exist in Debtlocked's universe). All responses will be considered canon, though not every post may get a response.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
That is one fancy colored Aerodactyl!
Is it a special breed?

Hm I love how you make the reasoning behind the financial support.. it is belivable lol

I did shudder on the thought of a Tortoise eating pizza tho, hahaha
WHhat is this, TMNT?

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Debtlocked is back? Debtlocked is back! I wish to adopt that tiny turtwig from every single page and hold them safe. And I'm so glad that Devon has like, people on her side now, helping her in this way over her head debt situation. ps tell that starly that they are, in fact, a baby bird, and are an exceptionally good baby bird.

Sanctell

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 1, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
Hm I love how you make the reasoning behind the financial support.. it is belivable lol
Thanks! I actually had a friend who studied accounting help me out with the details. That field is... a lot less regulated than i thought it was.

Debtlocked is back? Debtlocked is back! I wish to adopt that tiny turtwig from every single page and hold them safe. And I'm so glad that Devon has like, people on her side now, helping her in this way over her head debt situation. ps tell that starly that they are, in fact, a baby bird, and are an exceptionally good baby bird.
Debtlocked is back! I'll send them all your love

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
My heart stings i need you to know that but I am here as well for this good old birb as always

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Okay but like.... this page.... this page rules! Like omg Devon your fam is very nice how the HECK did you get into this mess. I'm both scared and also extremely curious and I hope that poor girl is okay. MY HEART I FEAR AND WORRY. Either way im super excited to see this develope and omg some of those panels and poses. I love this so much I cry.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Wowwww this Nuzlocke is a gem!

The money theme is an amazing hook! If anyone ever had a good reason to take this challenge, it's Devon - those debt collectors are brutal.
Devon and her Pokémon are absolutely precious. On the first look, it's super funny how she argues with her travel companion over camping under a mine vent even though she knows he has money, but it's also a key characterization point for someone who grew up poor and then fell on even worse times. Her unbridled joy at experiencing a real bed melted my heart. ;w;

Also holy heck, your work on the environments! The cityscapes are so good! The pan over Mt. Coronet took my breath away! I also love how the worldbuilding is subtly introduced through things like the armored police and the miner girl with the barcode. I have so many questions!
Other questions are "Are Devon's parents alive?" and "What does the finance company gain from sponsoring her?" I don't think they're, like, secretly evil, but they sure haven't told the whole truth!

This story is as exciting as Erwin is tiny! <3 I super look forward to more!

Wwarborday

King Writing Clown 2020
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/him/his
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
I'm Doing My Best
Well, this promises to be something absolutely spectacular.

The pacing is phenomenal, and I love the little bits of world-building. The premise is something I'm intrigued by, too, and how could I not mention the gorgeous art!! (That Coronet page?? Be still, my heart!) Even the cover page is something to behold. I'm eagerly awaiting the next update!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This page is nice and all but nothing matters to me so much as that starly in the last panel matters to my heart right this moment now. baby bird. protec. i love them. cherish this bird.

Nabbit

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 28, 2020
I read your comic yesterday, it's very good, I love your art style. I can feel Devon's pain with the uni debt lmao. (Well, okay, Devon has it a bit worse with being kinda on the run from that violent dude, I must admit.)

Sanctell

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 1, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
My heart stings i need you to know that but I am here as well for this good old birb as always
She's a very good birb ^_^

Okay but like.... this page.... this page rules! Like omg Devon your fam is very nice how the HECK did you get into this mess. I'm both scared and also extremely curious and I hope that poor girl is okay. MY HEART I FEAR AND WORRY. Either way im super excited to see this develope and omg some of those panels and poses. I love this so much I cry.
I'm glad I could make you feel all these things. Just please don't come for my lunch money 😅

Wowwww this Nuzlocke is a gem!

The money theme is an amazing hook! If anyone ever had a good reason to take this challenge, it's Devon - those debt collectors are brutal.
Devon and her Pokémon are absolutely precious. On the first look, it's super funny how she argues with her travel companion over camping under a mine vent even though she knows he has money, but it's also a key characterization point for someone who grew up poor and then fell on even worse times. Her unbridled joy at experiencing a real bed melted my heart. ;w;

Also holy heck, your work on the environments! The cityscapes are so good! The pan over Mt. Coronet took my breath away! I also love how the worldbuilding is subtly introduced through things like the armored police and the miner girl with the barcode. I have so many questions!
Other questions are "Are Devon's parents alive?" and "What does the finance company gain from sponsoring her?" I don't think they're, like, secretly evil, but they sure haven't told the whole truth!

This story is as exciting as Erwin is tiny! <3 I super look forward to more!
AAA! I haven't had such high praise for this comic before, let alone any single project! Thank you so much, Kris! 😄 I'll keep doing my best to show off Debtlocked's Sinnoh and to tell Devon's story, although I can't guarantee every question will get an answer.

Well, this promises to be something absolutely spectacular.

The pacing is phenomenal, and I love the little bits of world-building. The premise is something I'm intrigued by, too, and how could I not mention the gorgeous art!! (That Coronet page?? Be still, my heart!) Even the cover page is something to behold. I'm eagerly awaiting the next update!
I see you too have been captivated by God's Couch, haha! Well grab a seat, there's plenty of room!

This page is nice and all but nothing matters to me so much as that starly in the last panel matters to my heart right this moment now. baby bird. protec. i love them. cherish this bird.
Oh yeah, I agree! There's no other birb quite like Selene. So precious.

I read your comic yesterday, it's very good, I love your art style. I can feel Devon's pain with the uni debt lmao. (Well, okay, Devon has it a bit worse with being kinda on the run from that violent dude, I must admit.)
Thanks, Nabbit! Also good luck uni debt if you're still dealing with that

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Congratulations! the Convicted Felon was caught!

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
ASDFGHJKL THATS ONE WAY TO CATCH A NEW POKEMON But also that was damn smart, can't catch a criminal mon if someone beat you to it!!

The birb continues to be my child, I would pay for that delivery service any day

Dont let anything bad happen to birb ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)