• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Galar Mature Mon Dear Sergio - A Pokemon Shield Nuzlocke

Thread Description
UPDATE 2/23/21

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
I love Toh Kay's exasperated expression at Sergio's flippant order, ho boy, this lil lizard's gonna have to get used to his trainer not being into battles.
Really nice action poses on this page! I love these cute lil babies being so excited to leap into battle just to lightly bap each other with their head/tail xD Early game battles have their own innocent charm, and I think you portrayed that really well here!

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
Love the page! Really laughed over poor Toh Kay ready to throw down but Sergio's non interested. Poor boy sighs aaaaa and Leon's expression just all "welp this is totally fun, yup. battle of the century material right here." And the BGs look so niiiice! And *eats your lines and style* Great work, Feral!

ACottontail

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
So we have a squishy lizard fighting a fluffy sheep. This is the pokemon equivalent to a pillow fight. I can just imagine someone walking into the battle and gushing over how soft the attacks are. I swear at this rate Pumpkin will fall asleep in the middle of the battle field.

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isnt that the big mood of early game battles, you want them to be spectacular and exciting and what it amounts to is baby fighting xD
through the eyes of the babies I'm sure it's spectacular xD
THE GIRLS ARE FIGHTINGGGGGG
PRESIDENTIAL ALERT
I love Toh Kay's exasperated expression at Sergio's flippant order, ho boy, this lil lizard's gonna have to get used to his trainer not being into battles.
Really nice action poses on this page! I love these cute lil babies being so excited to leap into battle just to lightly bap each other with their head/tail xD Early game battles have their own innocent charm, and I think you portrayed that really well here!
oh boy the little lizard's gonna have to get used to a lot of stuff when it comes to our boy. and thank you! glad it turned out well!
Love the page! Really laughed over poor Toh Kay ready to throw down but Sergio's non interested. Poor boy sighs aaaaa and Leon's expression just all "welp this is totally fun, yup. battle of the century material right here." And the BGs look so niiiice! And *eats your lines and style* Great work, Feral!
Leon's trying hard to remember that he started here too lol. thank you so muuuch aaaaa
So we have a squishy lizard fighting a fluffy sheep. This is the pokemon equivalent to a pillow fight. I can just imagine someone walking into the battle and gushing over how soft the attacks are. I swear at this rate Pumpkin will fall asleep in the middle of the battle field.
imagine them just sounding like squeaky toys as they bonk into each other xD
Uh oh what's goin on here? Is there more to Sergio's feelings towards battling than we know? :3c

So I managed to get a new page done in almost a week, I'm pretty happy about that. Also did some more experimental stuff and kinda like the outcome as well.
So obviously I didn't lose the battle against Hop. It's virtually impossible unless you're like actively trying to lose. I'll also note right now that this isn't the only battle that Sergio will be losing. Pokemon are going to be shown fainting when it didn't actually happen in game to add a bit more edge as well as help keep things in character for Sergio. If that's something that bothers you, then you probably shouldn't keep reading lol.

Alright, with the page info out of the way, I have an announcement to make. It's both good and bad? The bad news is that I'm going to pause updates for a bit. The good news is that the reason why is because I need to rewrite some of chapter one, and create a buffer for the patreon that I plan to open up soon! I don't want to call this a hiatus, however I probably won't be uploading a new page for maybe a full month or so. Either way, hope you'll all stick around!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Oh what an interesting end to the first battle! I am all 👀 at Sergio's reaction here.I appreciate Hop being so quick to recognize the problem and recall end the match for Sergio's sake. Also that ember effect was very nicely done! I especially like that Ace is still kicking to use it. Also good luck on ur rewrites and ur patreon opening!

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh man, there's already some interesting things going on with Sergio here < w< Also like the fact that he CAN lose a battle without it meaning the loss of his pokemon as well, makes things a bit more interesting than the either: You win everything or your pokemon dies thing, which honestly I should take a note from this and implement it.... somewhere myself XDDDD

Though man < n< Sergio getting out of sorts right off the bat, I'm just like, WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU >:V </3 I will protect

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
OH??? This some tasty juice!
Also super interested to what happened in the past that Sergio is having a lil panic attack right in the middle of a fight. Getting a bit of an idea from that panel but 👀

And oooo! Patreon soon! Hell ya! Good luck and get that bread!

localhoney

grook
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
Ganza promos thread brought me here and I'm glad they did! Been having fun catching up through the pages that are already up too.

I imagine being Leon in that situation is like watching two little kids try and play Smash against each other until one of 'em gives out XD def going to try and keep up with this comic!

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Rock
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and learning foreign languages.
Toh Kay do be Tohkay.

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
Ahhh poor guy, you gotta take it easy with something like this if there's what I assume to be trauma around, hopefully he can do a bit better soon because gosh he looks....he looks distraught

And no worries!!! Take all the time ya need :D

ACottontail

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Oh no, I'm sensing that things have happened in Sergio's past. I have a feeling like a pokemon he was trying to raise got hurt, and then someone in his family teased him endlessly for it, and now he's a nervous wreck when anything similar happens. Though it paints his earlier actions in a new light as it went from he just doesn't care or feel excited, to him giving up on any hope of being a real pokemon trainer long ago. Maybe he knows what can happen to pokemon when they battle, and isn't really that interested when other people battle knowing that pokemon can die out there.

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
I'm really liking this so far! I'm interested to learn Sergio's past, and why he reacted so negatively. Also your art and coloring is so nice!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Catching up on this run! ^^

I love Sergio's observations about Hop and Leon: Yep, they're definitely related! ^^ As for this most recent page, yeah, you were in the wrong here, Hop. Sergio was explicit in saying that he didn't want to battle....

Take however long you need! Your well-being and happiness with the project are what's most important!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
I'm glad I caught this when I did! So far I really like Sergio's character--he's so snarky and done with everything, it's a huge mood. The way that the pokemon are designed is neat too; Toh Kay is very adorable in the way he moves about, and I like how Dublin is drawn as well.

And this most recent page has me worried for Sergio...

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Wow, Sergio's been through some harsh stuff, I really hope he's ok.
This is looking out to be such a promising Comic, I can't wait to see what's about to come next.

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Oooo the backgrounds on this page are so pretty!! I really love the slight texture you added to the battle field, it adds a ton of depth.
That ember effect is absolutely delicious and looks fantastic, but oh no, Toh Kay! It's sweet to see Sergio caring about his Pokemon but that reaction.... ohhh, there's a lot more going on then we originally thought, huh. Squinting at that one panel in particular, I'm seeing a theme of failure and someone telling Sergio he can't be a trainer nor take proper care of a Pokemon. Who hurt my boy because I will throw hands >:V I also like that the energetic Hop immediately dials it back once he sees his friend is upset, that's really sweet ;w;

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Hello friends! Here with a big announcement! Dear Sergio now has a patreon! Please consider giving it a look and maybe even supporting me there! You'll gain cool perks like shout-outs, a private discord server, early access to pages, and more!
And if you're feeling at all generous but can't afford a monthly payment, consider sending a couple $$ my way over on ko-fi! Donators will receive a shout-out on the next update after their donation!

If you pledge $10 on patreon, you will gain access to the newest page this next Tuesday, February 16th! Otherwise, public updates are going to resume on Tuesday, February 23rd and will continue to update weekly every Tuesday!

And now, replies to all the lovely comments I got (holy heck so many new people ;w;)
Oh what an interesting end to the first battle! I am all 👀 at Sergio's reaction here.I appreciate Hop being so quick to recognize the problem and recall end the match for Sergio's sake. Also that ember effect was very nicely done! I especially like that Ace is still kicking to use it. Also good luck on ur rewrites and ur patreon opening!
(I'm sure he's fine) Hop may be a bit ignorant, but he knows when to back off! Thank you man, I'm excited to be back into it soon!

Oh man, there's already some interesting things going on with Sergio here < w< Also like the fact that he CAN lose a battle without it meaning the loss of his pokemon as well, makes things a bit more interesting than the either: You win everything or your pokemon dies thing, which honestly I should take a note from this and implement it.... somewhere myself XDDDD

Though man < n< Sergio getting out of sorts right off the bat, I'm just like, WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU >:V </3 I will protect
yeah honestly the idea of it being either all or nothing feels kinda off, at least when it comes to a trainer like sergio. he can't go from not even wanting to be a trainer to just winning every single battle without any fainting or just getting deaths lol. nothing against others using that in their own comics of course, but i like the idea of a trainer not being seemingly indestructible lol

he's fine dont worry

OH??? This some tasty juice!
Also super interested to what happened in the past that Sergio is having a lil panic attack right in the middle of a fight. Getting a bit of an idea from that panel but 👀

And oooo! Patreon soon! Hell ya! Good luck and get that bread!
*takes a sip of the angst juice* plenty to go around!

Ganza promos thread brought me here and I'm glad they did! Been having fun catching up through the pages that are already up too.

I imagine being Leon in that situation is like watching two little kids try and play Smash against each other until one of 'em gives out XD def going to try and keep up with this comic!
thank you so much for taking the time to check my comic out!! that really means a lot to me, even more so knowing that you're enjoying it <3

Toh Kay do be Tohkay.
I knew I was just setting myself up for these jokes

Ahhh poor guy, you gotta take it easy with something like this if there's what I assume to be trauma around, hopefully he can do a bit better soon because gosh he looks....he looks distraught

And no worries!!! Take all the time ya need :D
what's a good protag without a bit of past trauma, am I right?

Oh no, I'm sensing that things have happened in Sergio's past. I have a feeling like a pokemon he was trying to raise got hurt, and then someone in his family teased him endlessly for it, and now he's a nervous wreck when anything similar happens. Though it paints his earlier actions in a new light as it went from he just doesn't care or feel excited, to him giving up on any hope of being a real pokemon trainer long ago. Maybe he knows what can happen to pokemon when they battle, and isn't really that interested when other people battle knowing that pokemon can die out there.
hmm, interesting observations there! guess we'll have to wait and see :)

I'm really liking this so far! I'm interested to learn Sergio's past, and why he reacted so negatively. Also your art and coloring is so nice!
it's gonna be a fun time :) thank you so much!!

Catching up on this run! ^^

I love Sergio's observations about Hop and Leon: Yep, they're definitely related! ^^ As for this most recent page, yeah, you were in the wrong here, Hop. Sergio was explicit in saying that he didn't want to battle....

Take however long you need! Your well-being and happiness with the project are what's most important!
welcome back! and thank you so much aa ;w;

I'm glad I caught this when I did! So far I really like Sergio's character--he's so snarky and done with everything, it's a huge mood. The way that the pokemon are designed is neat too; Toh Kay is very adorable in the way he moves about, and I like how Dublin is drawn as well.

And this most recent page has me worried for Sergio...
sometimes its nice to see a protag who isnt just an innocent kid running around and screaming excitedly about wanting to be a trainer lol. thank you so much! I hope you'll stick around!

worried for Sergio? Nah it's fine. Nothing bad happened and nothing bad will definitely ever happen :)

Wow, Sergio's been through some harsh stuff, I really hope he's ok.
This is looking out to be such a promising Comic, I can't wait to see what's about to come next.
he's fiiiiine
thank you <3

Oooo the backgrounds on this page are so pretty!! I really love the slight texture you added to the battle field, it adds a ton of depth.
That ember effect is absolutely delicious and looks fantastic, but oh no, Toh Kay! It's sweet to see Sergio caring about his Pokemon but that reaction.... ohhh, there's a lot more going on then we originally thought, huh. Squinting at that one panel in particular, I'm seeing a theme of failure and someone telling Sergio he can't be a trainer nor take proper care of a Pokemon. Who hurt my boy because I will throw hands >:V I also like that the energetic Hop immediately dials it back once he sees his friend is upset, that's really sweet ;w;
aaaa thank youu ;v;
i wouldn't worry about it, its just some emotional trauma is all, no biggie >w>
and yeah, Hop may pester sergio to no end about getting into pokemon battling, but in the end he does still care about sergio's comfort

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Yo we officially back! (But consider checking out my patreon, if you pledge $10 there you can gain access to pages 1 week early, so you can get this page and see page 11 early as well if you pledge now! Also from now on pages will be uploaded in a smaller, more comic friendly resolution, but you can access the original full res files on patreon as well!)
Nothing much to say about this page really. I got tired of drawing Leon's cape, and decided that he doesn't actually wear it 24/7 and took it off when they went inside lol. also there was no way I was gonna draw all the stuff on the countertops in the background, you're lucky i decided to even give the background lineart instead of just doing several multicolored squares :P also lizard scritches

On another note, thank you all so much for the nominations in the extravaganza! I may not have won, but still placing an honorable mention means the world to me. To even be considered on the same level as comics such as By the Sword and Undertow is unbelievable to me, and I'm beyond grateful for everyone who nominated my comic! (and to those who decided to give it a read due to the nomination!)
Shout-out to my very first patron! Elijah Symanowicz

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I see Hop and Leon have drank their Respect Trauma juice. 🥤

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
They're both being so understanding and I'm 🥺 I think the new format looks nice, and I'm wishing you luck on your patreon too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)