• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Galar Mature Mon Dear Sergio - A Pokemon Shield Nuzlocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
UPDATE 8/3/22

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
Wanted to update like a week and a half ago but my wrist pain was really flip-flopping throughout this month so yeah...
df3e462-70dfb459-cefc-4fff-8f88-deb902f832a1.png
God this page was a PAAAAIIN. So I recently decided to get paint tool sai because I really really love how crisp and smooth its lineart is, especially how it doesn't become crunchy as hell after just a bit of transformation. It's literally the only thing I wanted it for. So I decided to try lining in sai and then doing everything else in csp because I could never leave csp lol. So that's why the lineart quality improves after the first two panels lmao. Anyway somewhere during the process sai decided to crash and ate a panel and a half so I had to redo those.

And on top of that I really had no clue what I was doing with the backgrounds here. I almost always wing it with backgrounds but I really struggled here, especially on the water because I have no idea how to color water lmao. Oh well, hope it looks okay and you can tell that it's actually supposed to be water...
Leon got excited to go into the stronger part of the wild area and didn't use his brain

I guess nobody reads my notes/descriptions because you're not the first person to assume that aha...no, pumpkin survived the attack, if you look at older pages he's always had scars

fear leon's wrath!!
Ok! I'm excited to see what happens in the wild area!

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
Poor kid ;-; at least hes on his way though!

OP
feraligatr

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Wish I could be here with another page, but here's some art to celebrate our 2 Year Anniversary!
df79ql0-6041a3a5-ccdd-419a-9b8a-86da144fa4d0.png

so uh...it's really been 2 years, huh? and we still haven't gotten out of pre-story hell orz

I really really wanted to be finished with chapter 1 by this time, or at least have another page out, but life has been very very mean to me. Like if the shit with my wrists hadn't happened (or if it had at least resolved a couple months ago) we would have been finished with chapter 1 by now, and would maybe even be a couple pages into chapter 2. On the plus side, I did just get a new job that should hopefully help my wrists finally make a recovery, and then I can draw a lot more frequently

Anyway, thanks to everyone for sticking around despite nothing big really happening for 2 whole years lmao. Here's to many, many more years to come! (Seriously I'll be lucky to get this thing done within the next like 6-8 years lmao)

Shout-out to my patrons, your support is appreciated!
snakeeyedraws, Gio, Winterspheonix
Ok! I'm excited to see what happens in the wild area!
only good and happy things, i'm sure :'D
Poor kid ;-; at least hes on his way though!
we're so close man

TheLastUnicornInOz

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
I FEEL THAT SO MUCH OMG We're coming up on two years too and it feels like we're moving at a sliggos pace xD CONGRATS ON HANGING IN THERE

OP
feraligatr

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
AYY WE FINALLY BACK AFTER 2 WHOLE MONTHS. I'm so sorry for how inconsistent updates have been but life just keeps kicking my ass over and over
df4039x-68e93c90-f062-4454-b889-30095d52e004.png
So, it seems our boy has made his decision!

I hope that the shift to night time doesn't seem too quick. I was trying to gradually show in the last couple pages that sunset was approaching, and the walk from the professor's house all the way back to Sergio's house is probably about an hour, so it was dark and fairly late by the time he got home

Also I initially had another confrontation with mom planned but I'm just so ready to be out of chapter 1 that I scrapped it 😭 (but we will be seeing her again in the future so worry not ;3)
what do you mean by that 😨
nothing :3
I FEEL THAT SO MUCH OMG We're coming up on two years too and it feels like we're moving at a sliggos pace xD CONGRATS ON HANGING IN THERE
time be weird and life is hard 😔 thank you!!

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
AYY WE FINALLY BACK AFTER 2 WHOLE MONTHS. I'm so sorry for how inconsistent updates have been but life just keeps kicking my ass over and over
df4039x-68e93c90-f062-4454-b889-30095d52e004.png
So, it seems our boy has made his decision!

I hope that the shift to night time doesn't seem too quick. I was trying to gradually show in the last couple pages that sunset was approaching, and the walk from the professor's house all the way back to Sergio's house is probably about an hour, so it was dark and fairly late by the time he got home

Also I initially had another confrontation with mom planned but I'm just so ready to be out of chapter 1 that I scrapped it 😭 (but we will be seeing her again in the future so worry not ;3)
nothing :3

time be weird and life is hard 😔 thank you!!
nice to see you back!

something tells me that sergio's planning to run away from home to start his journey...

Sarbear

phobiaverse overlord
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'm in WIP hell, but at least it's warm down here.
essential items: crackers

me too serg, me too

TheLastUnicornInOz

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
THE JOURNEY WILL BEGIN After a much needed slep

OP
feraligatr

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
So I finally, finally finished Chapter 1 😭 the final page is available for my top tier patrons! But as for public updates, I'll post weekly until we get to the end! It's only 2 more pages so we're almost there lol
df5zzjy-ec2d7837-6f6c-4d35-a576-26146d8ffd3b.png
This page took like 3x longer than I wanted it to but my wrist pain was really flip-flopping while I was working on it. Not to mention the backgrounds here absolutely murdered me. You can tell I gave up on trying after the first half of the page ;w; the train is also really lazily drawn but in my defense it's not easy to find a super clear reference of what it's supposed to look like in game. And I just got too lazy to draw the interior of the train in the last panel there lmao

(Kinda funny how I find myself feeling self conscious about using assets/brushes for things and having people think I'm lazy,, while at the same time actively choosing to leave out parts of the background because I am, in fact, lazy)

Also Sergio finally has his jacket! He hasn't worn it up until this point because well he was just hanging out with his friend before and not leaving on a journey. The boys also have their bags now! How long will I manage to go without forgetting to draw them?

And finally, we have a couple cameos!

Raymond from A Home for the Broken by faerieconstellations

Prism and Cassie from Adventures in Naljo by kit-the-feef
nice to see you back!

something tells me that sergio's planning to run away from home to start his journey...
Thanks! And you might be right
essential items: crackers

me too serg, me too
crackers, trail mix, maybe some granola bars...
THE JOURNEY WILL BEGIN After a much needed slep
HELL YEAH

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
So I finally, finally finished Chapter 1 😭 the final page is available for my top tier patrons! But as for public updates, I'll post weekly until we get to the end! It's only 2 more pages so we're almost there lol
df5zzjy-ec2d7837-6f6c-4d35-a576-26146d8ffd3b.png
This page took like 3x longer than I wanted it to but my wrist pain was really flip-flopping while I was working on it. Not to mention the backgrounds here absolutely murdered me. You can tell I gave up on trying after the first half of the page ;w; the train is also really lazily drawn but in my defense it's not easy to find a super clear reference of what it's supposed to look like in game. And I just got too lazy to draw the interior of the train in the last panel there lmao

(Kinda funny how I find myself feeling self conscious about using assets/brushes for things and having people think I'm lazy,, while at the same time actively choosing to leave out parts of the background because I am, in fact, lazy)

Also Sergio finally has his jacket! He hasn't worn it up until this point because well he was just hanging out with his friend before and not leaving on a journey. The boys also have their bags now! How long will I manage to go without forgetting to draw them?

And finally, we have a couple cameos!

Raymond from A Home for the Broken by faerieconstellations

Prism and Cassie from Adventures in Naljo by kit-the-feef
Thanks! And you might be right

crackers, trail mix, maybe some granola bars...

HELL YEAH

I wonder how scary the wild area is in the actual Pokémon world, like imagine setting camp only to see an onix chasing you from a far distance

Sarbear

phobiaverse overlord
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'm in WIP hell, but at least it's warm down here.
Congrats dude! First chapter is always the hardest

Users who are viewing this thread