• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Galar Mature Mon Dear Sergio - A Pokemon Shield Nuzlocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
UPDATE 5/23/22

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
two heads think alike.

Sarbear

phobiaverse overlord
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'm in WIP hell, but at least it's warm down here.
god i feel these early battles, its a noodle fight

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Wooloo head bonk interview!

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
You really captured the charm of early game battles in this page perfectly. No cool flamethrowers or earthquakes, just sheep bonking other sheep. Glorious and adorable!
I really appreciate the subtle differences between Marigold and Dublin in design, makes telling them apart much easier. And look at Sergio hyping his pokemon up!! You love to see it ;w; <33

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
when its wooloo vs wooloo

no one is the victor

end wooloo violence

DreamNotePrincess

Creative Writer with a BIG Imagination
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Has a lot of imagination for stories! Could never stop writing!
Read this comic and I'm enjoying this so far!!

Can I just say your Wooloo designs are ADORABLE!!!

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
back with another update a bit earlier than I expected, but I guess I shouldn't complain lol
dezfgzg-772945c9-4dba-4463-9c60-d8951a78eebb.png
Huge huge HUGE shoutout and thank you to my good friend @FoxRodDraws for helping me with this page! They did the linework and some of the colors for me. So if it looks a bit different, thats why, but they still did a fantastic job and I can't thank them enough. Please show them some love and read their comic: https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/a-knights-gale-a-pokemon-shield-nuzlocke.19986/

Nothing to really say about the page itself. Seems our boys are neck and neck so far! Who will be the victor?
This really is the feel of those early battles
tackle to the death!!
two heads think alike.
especially when they both get a concussion!
god i feel these early battles, its a noodle fight
df08a2cac6343761e2787f0e264d2121.gif

Wooloo head bonk interview!
*insert cartoon bonk sound effect*
You really captured the charm of early game battles in this page perfectly. No cool flamethrowers or earthquakes, just sheep bonking other sheep. Glorious and adorable!
I really appreciate the subtle differences between Marigold and Dublin in design, makes telling them apart much easier. And look at Sergio hyping his pokemon up!! You love to see it ;w; <33
waa thank you! it was a bit of a challenge to make such a boring fight a bit more flavorful, and I'm glad people seem to like it so far! look at my boy, he's already grown so much
when its wooloo vs wooloo

no one is the victor

end wooloo violence
amen 😔
Read this comic and I'm enjoying this so far!!

Can I just say your Wooloo designs are ADORABLE!!!
JSFJKAHDLSG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! hope you'll stick around!

Shout-out to my patrons, your support is appreciated!
snakeeyedraws, Alora, Gio, Winterspheonix

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
back with another update a bit earlier than I expected, but I guess I shouldn't complain lol
dezfgzg-772945c9-4dba-4463-9c60-d8951a78eebb.png
Huge huge HUGE shoutout and thank you to my good friend @FoxRodDraws for helping me with this page! They did the linework and some of the colors for me. So if it looks a bit different, thats why, but they still did a fantastic job and I can't thank them enough. Please show them some love and read their comic: https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/a-knights-gale-a-pokemon-shield-nuzlocke.19986/

Nothing to really say about the page itself. Seems our boys are neck and neck so far! Who will be the victor?
tackle to the death!!

especially when they both get a concussion!

df08a2cac6343761e2787f0e264d2121.gif

*insert cartoon bonk sound effect*

waa thank you! it was a bit of a challenge to make such a boring fight a bit more flavorful, and I'm glad people seem to like it so far! look at my boy, he's already grown so much

amen 😔

JSFJKAHDLSG THANK YOU SO MUCH!! hope you'll stick around!

I really like how water gun looks in this comic!

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Wow, I'm on a roll with these updates!
df2loer-3b5b64a6-e579-42d0-9da1-93b56668bd4d.png

should i just keep everyone dying as a running joke for each april fool's comic?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
I always knew it was gonna end like this. With two best friends, fighting each other to the death.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
It was nice knowin' them both unu

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
And we have a winner! For real this time!
dezfgz2-6bdb6877-19ba-4efa-8fdf-4993c3c7bc1e.png
Another shoutout to @FoxRodDraws for lining and doing most of the coloring on this page as well! I really can't thank them enough for their help <3

So, Sergio lost...but hey, better than having another panic attack right...?

So just like the first time, I obviously didn't lose to Hop in game. It was basically a 2HKO for each of his mons. I've just decided to include regular fainting and losing some pokemon battles for storytelling and character development purposes. (Deaths that happened in game will still be portrayed as deaths or departures in comic!) If this is something that bothers you, then I'd suggest reading another comic lol.
I really like how water gun looks in this comic!
thanks! i definitely didn't cheat by relying on a cool brush a friend showed me :D
I always knew it was gonna end like this. With two best friends, fighting each other to the death.
sometimes it just be that way
It was nice knowin' them both unu
*plays sad song on the world's smallest violin*

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
leon figures it would be better for them all if he doesn't let these two harass a million people until they get their endorsement xD

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
“ I’ll just do it to get them off my back, it’s not like they’ll soon face a apocalypse starting monster “

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Yeah, Leon, you want to be an early investor in the next bearer of ✨ The Corporate Cape ✨ !

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
here with another update much sooner than I expected! (tho this will likely be the last one for a few weeks because my wrist is starting to really hate me again haha)
df2loef-8d56c366-3da4-4d7e-bda0-ae41d38b3148.png
So, been really excited to reveal this page! Some stuff explaining a lot of Leon's reluctance towards letting the boys go out on their own :3c as well as revealing the cause of pumpkin's scars, if y'all even remember those lol

I did a lot of experimenting with this page, got a lot of new brushes and just kinda went wild lol. and the kinda flash-backy panels looked way better in my head but i think i did alright in the end?
leon figures it would be better for them all if he doesn't let these two harass a million people until they get their endorsement xD
leon, truly caring for the people of galar, keeping away hop headaches!
“ I’ll just do it to get them off my back, it’s not like they’ll soon face a apocalypse starting monster “
FL5A7RQX0AYKFl9.jpg

Yeah, Leon, you want to be an early investor in the next bearer of ✨ The Corporate Cape ✨ !
that's capitalism baby!

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
I’ve heard having a bad encounter with the wild area onix, but that is something else

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
A different Char or..?

RavenPlayzPokemon

Reader of too many books
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 28, 2022
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has exeptionaly good hearing and immense strength. With its ability to take the form of other creatures, it is quite rare
Update time!
no worries the same happens to me all the time lol
thanks! he'll probably try to ignore the responsibilities like i would lmaoo

yeah i know not everyone enjoys the gimmick so i figured i'd make it easier

thanks!
come on, even the most evil of people can enjoy a nice comfortable stroll in their boxers!

we'll have to wait and see what it is 👀 thanks!!

it wasn't easy but i'm glad i managed to work my way through it. thank you!!
dehq40w-97e07759-575a-422b-be4e-761b580c83c9.png

oh gosh oh frick

Shout-out to my patrons, Elijah Symanowicz and snakeeyedraws! Your support is appreciated!
Ho shit Leon be angry yall better get the crap outa there

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Wanted to update like a week and a half ago but my wrist pain was really flip-flopping throughout this month so yeah...
df3e462-70dfb459-cefc-4fff-8f88-deb902f832a1.png
God this page was a PAAAAIIN. So I recently decided to get paint tool sai because I really really love how crisp and smooth its lineart is, especially how it doesn't become crunchy as hell after just a bit of transformation. It's literally the only thing I wanted it for. So I decided to try lining in sai and then doing everything else in csp because I could never leave csp lol. So that's why the lineart quality improves after the first two panels lmao. Anyway somewhere during the process sai decided to crash and ate a panel and a half so I had to redo those.

And on top of that I really had no clue what I was doing with the backgrounds here. I almost always wing it with backgrounds but I really struggled here, especially on the water because I have no idea how to color water lmao. Oh well, hope it looks okay and you can tell that it's actually supposed to be water...
I’ve heard having a bad encounter with the wild area onix, but that is something else
Leon got excited to go into the stronger part of the wild area and didn't use his brain
A different Char or..?
I guess nobody reads my notes/descriptions because you're not the first person to assume that aha...no, pumpkin survived the attack, if you look at older pages he's always had scars
Ho shit Leon be angry yall better get the crap outa there
fear leon's wrath!!

Users who are viewing this thread