• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Galar Mature Mon Dear Sergio - A Pokemon Shield Nuzlocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
UPDATE 8/10/22

Malochroma

Pokemon Breeder
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon breeder from Kalos, this young fellow survives his job on a diet of caffeine and sheer hardheadedness.
Hop the road to Professor Magnolia's house is like 50% Wooloos and Rookidees it's not "copying your style" it's just statistical probability.

And don't worry, your Rookidees are definitely distinct! Hop's birb is a bit pointier around the tail, has yellow legs instead of blue, has head feathers that swoop up instead of back, and is lacking Achilles' white wing tips. It's actually pretty cool to see all the little variations in their designs! (I'm also more than a little fond of Achilles -- what a chill little guy.)

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Yoooo Sergio has got some good aim! Also I like the subtle differences between the birbs. The shape of thr feathers on thr head, the feather colors, the slimmer tail that one has- all great choices!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Hop, you are the personification of Route 1 chic. We're all copying you, king. 👑

OP
feraligatr

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Oh worm early update! But it's because I have an announcement to make that's kinda important so just decided to do it asap
I'm going to be taking a small hiatus. I really really didn't want to have to take another hiatus until chapter 1 was finished because we're so close now, but life isn't that kind haha. I borked up both my wrists at work and it's been hard to do much of anything without them hurting. I haven't even touched my tablet since the end of November. Anyway, rather than use up my buffer, I'd like to keep it where it is and just pause updating altogether until I heal and have drawn a few more pages. This hopefully won't last for long, likely just until the end of the month or maybe like mid-January at the latest (no promises though.) Thank you guys so much for your support and understanding!
Hop the road to Professor Magnolia's house is like 50% Wooloos and Rookidees it's not "copying your style" it's just statistical probability.

And don't worry, your Rookidees are definitely distinct! Hop's birb is a bit pointier around the tail, has yellow legs instead of blue, has head feathers that swoop up instead of back, and is lacking Achilles' white wing tips. It's actually pretty cool to see all the little variations in their designs! (I'm also more than a little fond of Achilles -- what a chill little guy.)
pfft, very true! was kinda hoping to get yamper in route 2 but they're pretty rare. and thank you! it was fun to come up with the differences between the two and i'm glad they translated well!
Yoooo Sergio has got some good aim! Also I like the subtle differences between the birbs. The shape of thr feathers on thr head, the feather colors, the slimmer tail that one has- all great choices!
thank you!
Hop, you are the personification of Route 1 chic. We're all copying you, king. 👑
he's doing his best just let him pretend it's his original style
deszac1-de6e1e45-8f8a-4f96-b7c9-52a24fabffcc.png

This page made me realize I should really practice drawing characters before they make an appearance, cuz hoo boy do I have no idea how to draw Professor Magnolia, or old people in general lol

Shout-out to my patrons, your support is appreciated!
Elijah Symanowicz, snakeeyedraws, Alora, Gio, Winterspheonix

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
This page made me realize I should really practice drawing characters before they make an appearance, cuz hoo boy do I have no idea how to draw Professor Magnolia, or old people in general lol[/SPOILER]
Oh that's a mood. If it helps I think she turned out really well!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Leon: "I'm going to what-"

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
Seems like Leon’s gonna have to tell hop the ugly truth

crashcrashcrash

More like trashtrashtrash, amiright
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 11, 2021
Nature
Brave
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Flying
Oh no, sorry to hear about your wrists :( Feel better soon!

Also pfffff Sergio coincidentally getting the same team as Hop, that's amazing. (And of course Marigold is baby but also, I don't think I've seen a Galar run that actually uses Wooloo before? Intrigued to see how that affects things with Hop going forward, if at all...)

And aye, Magnolia looks completely fine to me. I like her hair, very poofy~

OP
feraligatr

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
We're back! Er...sort of. Unfortunately, my wrists haven't really healed at all, but I've been able to get a bit of work done here and there, and I just really want to update again, so I'm gonna just be posting pages as I finish them. Since I still have a buffer of pages, I can keep top tier patrons ahead by a couple pages while still just posting pages as they're finished. So yeah, expect like, maybe one page a month for a while? Idk things are gonna be weird for a bit
deuk597-f723f87b-a8a4-4a8c-88ed-53b610bea522.png

urf, I feel like I'm always really bad at dialogue heavy pages. I hope this one isn't too crowded or anything, I already rewrote it (as well as all the pages in this scene) multiple times
Oh that's a mood. If it helps I think she turned out really well!
thank you!
Leon: "I'm going to what-"
you heard the man :p
Seems like Leon’s gonna have to tell hop the ugly truth
always the party pooper
Oh no, sorry to hear about your wrists :( Feel better soon!

Also pfffff Sergio coincidentally getting the same team as Hop, that's amazing. (And of course Marigold is baby but also, I don't think I've seen a Galar run that actually uses Wooloo before? Intrigued to see how that affects things with Hop going forward, if at all...)

And aye, Magnolia looks completely fine to me. I like her hair, very poofy~
thank you! still not much better but hoping to be soon :'D
and i guess we'll just have to see :3c

snakeeyedraws, Alora, Gio, Winterspheonix

Nessi

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Oh no please take care of your wrist feral!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Leon got them stuck in that loop of "need more experience for a job, but can't get more experience cause no job is hiring ppl with no experience"

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Have some faith leon, they had these Pokémon for a whole 2 days!

also sorry about your wrists gatr

OP
feraligatr

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
so uh I know this is really soon after the last update but don't get used to it. I just really wanted to get this page out in particular because @Pcaara is going to be reading the comic on stream tomorrow and I want them to end off on this page in particular lol
Tune into their stream here!
deuk59k-0d17d09f-22e1-4d73-a0ff-2df2b650fe8d.png

Finally, some action!
Oh no please take care of your wrist feral!
it's slowly getting better!
Leon got them stuck in that loop of "need more experience for a job, but can't get more experience cause no job is hiring ppl with no experience"
it do be that way 😔
Have some faith leon, they had these Pokémon for a whole 2 days!

also sorry about your wrists gatr
fr, some kids have their pokemon for 30 seconds and then they're thrown into a perilous journey!

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
this is just an interview in the form of a battle

Nessi

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Look at this confident Boy! We love to see it

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
THE BBIES ARE FIGHTING

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Leon's reaction is so good omg. What a mood.

Dartwind

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Any are fine!
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
It seldom exits the cave in which it dwells. The walls of its cave are filled with art and writing of various natures.
Oo, a battle? 👀 Should be fun!

//cue level 5 pokemon just smacking each other limply with tackle and scratch LOL

OP
feraligatr

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Heyy finally back lmao. Wrists have still been jank, and I also got super hyperfixated on legends arceus for like a month straight, so drawing was really slow for a while. Hoping to get back to every other week uploads soon!
dezfgzj-175d0b0c-6667-4f9c-9492-aaff3988cc89.png
The thumbnails for this page were drawn before I had really given Marigold (or really wooloo in general) a redesign, so they were kinda hard to read tbh lol. Hope this all looks okay though!
this is just an interview in the form of a battle
i guess so lol
Look at this confident Boy! We love to see it
my boy grown so much 😭
THE BBIES ARE FIGHTING
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Leon's reaction is so good omg. What a mood.
he can only take so much of their shenanigans haha
Oo, a battle? 👀 Should be fun!

//cue level 5 pokemon just smacking each other limply with tackle and scratch LOL
haha, if i hadn't already made that joke earlier in comic it would probably go here!
snakeeyedraws, Alora, Gio, Winterspheonix

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This really is the feel of those early battles

Users who are viewing this thread