• NOTICE: Potential Site Downtime on December 7, 2020.

This is a preliminary notice that you may experience some downtime on December 7, 2020, due to some backend adjustments.

If you attempt to access the Nuzlocke Forums on or around this date, and receive any sort of failure to connect notice, please alert the Nuzlocke Forums Tech Team on Discord (@Tech Team role).

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Screenshot Alola Mature Dazzling Supernova – An Ultra Sun Blind Nuzlocke - Part 9 is up! (20/11/2020)

localhoney

grook
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
Well, hmm, Gumshoos isn’t my favorite pokemon out there but thanks! And who knows, perhaps I’ll get other Totem pokemon after that?
To my surprise while Lillie and the professor decided to go by boat much like in SuMo, me and Hau are riding a Mantine there!
We head to the beach, where we are given our very own Totem Gumshoos.
These are all things I didn't get to see because I never played USUM, but now I'm thinking about it hm....

I'd love to see Poly on the squad but I love the team as it is right now, but I could def see Baghnakh falling behind and Poly could slot in as an Umbreon there. Just a thought!

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@mewstein - Well it’s too late, seems he already made it there! Ah indeed using unique pokemon is very tempting, but I like my team too much to replace them for every shiny new model that comes along (unless it is actually a shiny, in that case it is quite probable that I’ll replace them :P). Yeah, I agree about Poly, and, well, you’ll see. Ha! Indeed, I am a bit more curious than you about these bizarre mini games pokemon games has to offer, but one can only hope a boomer centered mini game is making its way to us on Generation 9! (Instead of Pokemon once more turning towards a younger and younger crowd that is, leaving us 30 somethings wondering about our fangame choices and leaning more towards historical dynastic games instead).

@Arie Kazami - I know right? Feels so tempting to use it, yet I think I’ll resist the temptation for now. I’ll remember that! Oh, that’s cool to know, I’ll do my best to collect more. Also, your tip about the Water type that isn’t weak to Grass was brilliant as it both intrigued me and confused me which is the best combination for a blind run! Great one. You’ll see soon how that went. And thanks again man!

@pikasphere - Yep, I think that’s the most side quests I’ve seen in a pokemon game so far, and I’m honestly really divided about whether it’s a good or a bad thing. Cool! That’ good to know. I was always a fan of massive pokemon (ah, dreams of the island of giant pokemon, if only it were true, and no, Gigantamaxing doesn’t count as its temporary and regional).

@Spectacles - Thanks! Makes me almost regret not taking Astray with me. Ah, good idea about the lotto, sounds fair to me (and makes me even more terrified from that part honestly). I always enjoy spreading biological knowledge so you welcome :), Dr Ruby to the rescue. Yeah Capitolina is such a lovely pokemon! My only complain is that I find it hard imagining her throwing rocks everywhere! But maybe its just a part of an elaborate game of catch. Oh, that’s good to know about Baghnakh, I feared it might be too weak for my team. Thanks again for your support! Hope you’ll enjoy.

@localhoney - Happy to be your guide to ultra Alola! It is a surprisingly different place than regular one it seems. Yeah good point about Poly, and, well, I won’t say anything more not to spoil you this chapter but you’ll see my dilemmas soon enough! Thanks again for your support.

Part 6 - There’s always a bigger...

Paniola town

With Hau out of our way, and after showing the locals we are the fastest shooters in this part of Alola, it was time to treat ourselves to a cold drink of Moomoo Milk!

(Which reminds me of this notorious pokedex entry for Miltank I came across – “Its milk is high in calories and packed with nutrients. Therefore, if you drink too much of it, you may wind up with a body like Miltank’s”. Way to go fat shaming little kids into not drinking milk Game Freak!)

We then, as usual, loot what little this town has to offer, when we come across Team Skull bothering a little Alolan Vulpix (oh I’d kill for one of those, do join me little fella! I promise I’ll find room for you).

I’m not entirely sure what happened here. For some reason they want his bottle cap. Now why would they want it, and why would a snowy magical fox hold a bottle cap, is beyond me. I might be missing a reference here. Either way I won’t let such a hideous crime happen on my watch!

Baghnakh follows it natural instincts and hunts down the poor rat with his feline agility, and once again the day is saved from Team Skull’s diabolic plans.

And I’m promised a reward which I will get tomorrow for some reason. Ooh, maybe it’s too big for her to carry on her own and need someone to help her bring it from her home? Am I getting a huge Stufful plushy? Perhaps a Rockruff puppy? Or a Galarian size backpack?

(And with the magic of post-production editing and the passing of real time):

I get a bottle cap myself? Seriously? I do hope this thing has a purpose and is not like those bizarre gifts your partner Pikachu/Eevee gives you in the Let’s Go game like a single lost earing or a piece of nicely colored lint it found on the floor. Also, didn’t that belong to that Vulpix? You thief!

And so, it is time to head out into the ranch itself.

(*googles what a Paddock is)

Where we fight an old woman, who demonstrates to us quite painfully how weak our team is to the Rock Fairy type combo that is Carbink.

I mean look at these guys, 4 of them are weak to one of Carbink’s types. And if I remember correctly the Kahuna of this island specializes in this type, and probably holds a Carbink of herself based on her style. I could really use a good Water or Ground type pokemon, though again I’d hate boxing any of my current team up.

In the end, despite the type weaknesses, my hero Calamus manages to root this rock bunny out, and we press forward.

We seek the nearest patch of grass but before we manage to get there, we get introduced to one of the local captains (once more).

And she gives me the Stoutland ride, nice! I believe it is one of my favorites this game has to offer. I always liked the item finder (I think my favorite version is the ORAS one where it most naturally blends into the gameplay and has such an amusing looks to it, like the sort of gimmicky toys that were common in my 90s childhood, but this one is a close second).

And if I had any doubts it is now clear my next trial is still the Water one first, like in Sun. Oh well, I believe in you Bident and Calalmus, and will do my best to give you a bit of extra exp before we’ll get there.

We get to learn about the lore of this place, which now makes much more sense as to why an old western style town is located in this Hawaiin themed island. This seems to be a homage to the 19th century American colonizing of the west. Well done Game Freak, you really managed to give a sense of uniqueness to this place in a very short cinematic scene (though I'm still a bit unsure about how they drifted here with their Tauros honestly, and I'm wondering if they mean all the native people of Alola or just another distinct cultural group that joined later, but let's not get into that).

We then finally head into the wild grass of this area, and our first encounter and catch is...

Meet Loamare, and her kind is one of my favorites of all Alolan pokemon. On top of that she has a really great nature (man, look at that Attack), though sadly she has “Own Tempto” and not Stamina. I would simply love adding her to the team (even though she’ll be the 4th of her kind I used in a Nuzlocke), and her type is something that is really missing in it.

However, again who will I box?

Hmm I sadly decide to box her in for now, though she is really making it tempting for me to circulate a team of more than 6 in this run, especially as I know I might lose pokemon. What do you guys think?

As always, it is time to see, what other catch Ruby could have gotten?

Lots of Lillipups, really great pokemon as I mentioned before. Mareeps! Man I love them sheeps so much, however I do have Bident on my team, so perhaps that’s for the best? And I believe I saw a Miltank. Man, all great options. Ultra Sun is really generous when it comes to early game catches.

I continue forward and find the nursery, there I’m given one of my favorite TMs, Hidden Power!

And finally like most proper games the lady who gives me this TM can actually predict what moves each of my pokemon will get and spare me the time finding that out myself (even though that was a pretty fun experience trying my move on every single pokemon I found and writing down its effect).

Capitol -Electric (Meh, and Special too low. Perhaps as an answer to Water type?), Snare – Ice (Maybe at some point? Though special is too low), Baghnakh – Dragon (I highly doubt it, but who knows), Gabriela – Flying (Gee, thanks), Bident – Flying (already knows Acrobatics). So sadly, nothing useful for now.

I’m also given an egg! Ooh I love those (I should really do an egglocke one day), I wonder what it will be. But more importantly I have to box someone to find out. Hmm now who would that be?

I decide to go for Baghnakh, don’t get me wrong I really like her especially since she evolved, and with Technician nothing can stand in her way. Its just temporary, until that egg hatches.

This time I decide not to use the spell of editing and running around, and just keep the egg on me and continue into this route.

Don’t you love it when Game Freak gives you options?

Well, at least they went with the classics when it comes to road blocks. To the north!

There await us two worthy opponents. One that throws a Lillipup and a Magnemite at Gabriela, who manages to defeat them both (with a little help of her Limber ability, and a lot of help from her Fighting Z move).

Then we fight a sneaky Sableye and defeat him with the help of Snare (who levels up and learns Acid afterward, his first proper poison move), and Bident (who we got dangerously close to losing to a crit).

And at last we reach route 5.

No way I’m going to remember to fight you, but one can only hope.

And it is time for our new encounter. I know I have a tendency to keep my same team for most of the game (again, as discussed before, I am considering a bit of a rotation regime though I rarely ever do that in practice). But still, I’m always really excited when it comes to a new encounter. One of the appeals of playing a Nuzlocke. Now who would that be?

[32][33]

And I spoke too soon. Meet Nectar, a rather dissipating catch I must admit. Don’t get me wrong, I love Butterfree (and I cried like every other kid when Ash released his, I mean it was the first pokemon he released, we didn’t know back then what sucky trainer he was). Still, as I mentioned before, this is one of those pokemon that really need some extra love to reach the modern age. Still waiting for Mega Butterfree.

But in the meanwhile, to the box with you!

What other catches Ruby could have gotten?

Well, more chances at a Lillipup. Pikipepk, probably wasn’t meant to be. And Fomantis! Damn, I’d love to use it one day, though honestly with Calamus it is not very likely. Oh well, I guess a Metapod here is better than a Metapod in a better route.

We continue forward, I fight two little girls and their Cottonee and Petilil in a double battle (Snare almost annihilates them both with his Acid spraying all around, and Bident finishes the job with his Bug Bites).

And as reward:

Sweet! Just before the next trial I believe, well done Bident!

Munching away on Hummus? Now that’s my kind of pokemon :P!

Charge is a very thematically cool move that feels quite different than most moves, yet I never got a proper chance to use it. Let’s give it a chance this time.

Sure, why not.

Priceless :) (I can be as cynical as I want, but I do enjoy this feature).

I use this battle as an excuse to pet both Bident and Snare a bit and notice a really cool and niche little fact. When I feed Snare, he just swallows his candy in one bite (like a snake). These little details are really what brings a game to life. Well done Game Freak.

We continue forward, there we meet our buddy Hau, and edgy Gladion for the very first time.

And it seems Hau lost to him. Finally, a proper rival challenge? I’m ready Gladion, give me what you got.

First, he sends out his Zubat. I risk it and leave Bident out, only to find out it was a Zorua. Man I love this ability, makes me a bit bummed I never got to catch one in the early game.

Next Bident takes out his real Zubat with ease.

Finally comes Type: Null who is a bit tougher than the rest. I switch out to Gabriela.

Who beats the poor thing to a pulp using All-Out Pummeling.

Gladion initially loses gracefully, but then turns the heat to poor Hau.

Dude, you are probably right, but Hau doesn’t need to hear that. Go easy on him.

Luckily, Hau remains Hau and is blissfully ignorant of it all (or chooses to act like that as a defense mechanism).

Then Team Skulls arrives and tries to humiliate poor Gladion. For some reason I remember enjoying these guys a whole lot more on my Sun run, I wonder what changed.

Hau thanks us for our help, and we reach the pokemon center at the end of the route, right before the next trial.

This game is full of great trade offers, the only thing that bother me about them as how they always want a pokemon I can easily find in that very same route. I think if I were to design a pokemon game I’d ask for a pokemon that can be found 1-2 routes behind and is an uncommon or rare encounter, and in return of course offer a pokemon which can’t be found in either of those routes nor the current one (for example Spearow for Hawlucha when you have both Spearows and Hawluchas in the same route is rather silly, though does make things interesting for a Nuzlocke. Asking now for a Rufflet and offering an Elekid for example could have been brilliant.).

Yet another mini quest I’d probably forget about. I should probably keep a log of those. Well, it’s never too late. Added one in the end of the chapter, and if I’ll find the time I’ll go back and slowly start adding all those I already got and are still active.

And next comes the second trial! However, my egg still hasn’t hatched and perhaps my pokemon could use a bit more experience anyway. So, I decided to take my trusted Tauros, and run in circles inside and between the route 5 patches of grass, clearing a few trainers I missed along the way.

This is unrelated to anything, but seeing Bident using Acrobatics is just priceless. It just throws itself violently in the air hoping it will bash into its opponent, wouldn’t exactly call it an acrobatic maneuver :P

At last!

Ha! Oh right, I think it was the same as in Sun? I totally forgot about that, that’s how I got my Leafeon I believe, not from an encounter.

Well, hmm, dupe clause and all, how should I treat this? Can I just have two Eevees as the first was a first encounter and the second is an egg (which I allow and count separately, much like gifts, in this run?). However again, dupes. So perhaps if I evolve them into different pokemon it doesn’t matter? Let’s first check this guy’s nature:

Ok, that’s pretty hilarious, the exact opposite nature of in a sense to that of Poly (who is +Attack -Speed). So this opens up the possibility of every single Eeveelution.

And again, makes this all a lot more confusing.

Oh well, for now I’ll box this little guy, much like Poly, and I guess we’ll decide later. Let me know what you think.

Baghnakh is finally back(nakh) on the team, and I think we are ready for the trial. Hope I’ve leveled up my team enough, I don’t mind being a bit over leveled in these battles as the 2 vs 1 format makes things a lot harder as is, not to speak of the fact I don’t know what I’m going to face.

Let the trial begin.

Nice!

The trial seems to be pretty much the same so far, chasing the Wishiwashi down the stream so they could form the “Big Fish Swarm Megazord Form” or whatever it is called.

We fight a few more trainers for the extra exp.

Funny, I don’t remember those being here last time. Another interesting change.

I shall slay the dragon my lady!

*gulp

What the?!

Oooooh. Wow, ok so they changed the Totem pokemon in this trial, nicely done Game Freak! And now I get the clue you guys gave me about it not being weak to Grass. Damn. Ok luckily I decided to open with Bident and keep Calamus for the switch as it is more resilient. Ok Totem Araquanid, here I come!

Totem Araquanid lvl 20 vs Bident the Charjabug lvl 21

Totem Araquanid used Bubble 37/59.

Bident used Charge. Special Defense up. Charged.

Totem Araquanid called Dewpider lvl 18. Damn, ok let’s go for the little guy first!

Totem Araquanid used Bubble 22/59, Bident ate Sitrus, 36/59. (I give him my own Sitrus Berry a while ago as it works well with Acrobatics in case I’ll need it, was a good call in retrospect).

Bident used Spark, killed Dewpider. Leveled up to level 22. 39/62.

Totem Araquanid used Bubble 6/62, critical hit! Damn! That was painfully close.

Bident used Acrobatics, Totem Araquanid a bit above 1/2 HP. Nice.

Totem Araquanid called Masquerain, lvl 18. Intimidate kicks in. Damn that’s bad!

I’ll try and heal once? Risky. But I’ll do it. Hope they won’t team up on me for too much damage.

Used Super Potion on Bident, 62/62.

Masquerain used Bug Bite 55/62 (Ha! You thought I’d switch to a grass type did you?)

Totem Araquanid used Bubble 39/62.

I think I’ll go straight for the Totem Araquanid this time, let’s see how low I can get it to.

Masquerain used Bug Bite 32/62.

Totem Araquanid used Bubble, 16/62 *gulp.

Bident used Acrobatics, Arquanid ~1/4HP.

Hmm, so close. But I think I won’t risk it too much as these couple do a lot of damage together. I’ll switch Bident out this time.

Bident return, go Calamus lvl 22 Dartix!

Masquerain used Bug Bite 64/73.

Totem Araquanid used Bubble, 52/73.

Masquerain used Bug Bite 43/73

Totem Araquanid used Aurara Beam, 11/73 (Ah! Crit would have been the death of Calamus, can’t believe this thing has coverage this early on! Well played Game Freak).

Calamus used Supersonic Strike. Araquanid totem dead! Hooray!

Oh, I always forget I also have to kill the helper. Well, I’m healing not taking any risks.

Super Potion (second used) on Calamus. 71/73.

Masquerain used Tailwind.

Masquerain used Big Bite 62/73.

Calamus used Peck, ~1/3 HP.

Masquerain used Big Bite 53/73.

Calamus used Peck, Masquerain down. Hooray!

Indeed it was.

Huza!

A very handsome prize (along with the Water Z crystal of course).

Oh Lana :P

Yeah, I still need to get my catch here, but I’ll save that for next time.

Here is my current team:

Next trial will be the Fire one I believe, interesting. From what I remember that means Salazzle, though as we saw they can have different pokemon here. Alolan Marwak perhaps? Anyway, I do have Rockruff, which is good against all these options. I have my Ground Donkey in the box. I guess I can fish for something if I want extra coverage? Again, this brings me back to whether I want to change my team / keep it as is / add a mon or two into circulation.

I’ll keep pondering about this and I’ll be happy to hear our thoughts. See you next time when we head onward into Route 6!

Calamus the Dartix lvl 5-23 Male, Snare the Ekans lvl 10-21 Male, Bident the Charjabug lvl 4-22 Male, Baghnakh the Alolan Persian lvl 8-22 Female, Gabriela the Hawlucha lvl 9-21 Female, and Capitolina the Rockruff lvl 13-20 Female.

Lullaby the Slowpoke lvl 6-16 Male

Charm the Mime JR. lvl 7. Ope’ape’a the Zubat lvl 6. Nibble the Yungoos lvl 10, Maxilla the Mawile lvl 13, Darwin the Oricorio lvl 12, Yukinko the Smoochum lvl 9, Astray the Drifloom lvl 6-14, Riddle the Totem Gumshoos lvl 20, Poly the Eevee lvl 14, Loamare the Mudbray, Nectar the Metapod lvl 15

Fight a trainer in the beginning of Route 5.
Show a Corsola to a dude in Route 5 Pokecenter.
Old folks reunion in Heahea city.

Last edited:

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Ooh, an Adamant Mudbray! Nice catch.

Regarding the bottle caps, it must be some sort of Japanese craze - I seem to remember Team Rocket's James was very attached to his collection of them. And that reference to Hummous in Charjabug's 'dex entry cracked me up - I think you've finally found your Spirit Pokemon! I'm also loving the Baghnakh puns - maybe you should teach her that Hidden Power move so she'd become Dragnakh?

And she gives me the Stoutland ride, nice! I believe it is one of my favorites this game has to offer. I always liked the item finder (I think my favorite version is the ORAS one where it most naturally blends into the gameplay and has such an amusing looks to it, like the sort of gimmicky toys that were common in my 90s childhood, but this one is a close second).
Meanwhile the Ride Pager itself reminds me of a taser - which could be quite useful to speed your journey up...

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
Adamant Mudbray(though its ability rather dissapointing) and Metapod with nice nature, your luck is insane, not to mention that battle with Totem Araquanid, you manage to win it without anyone dying, good job!

The next totem is different than the original Sun and Moon anyway. My Suggestion you should change Bident temporarily with a water-type mon or you could lead with Bagnakh if you want to keep your little bug

Last edited:

pikasphere

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 30, 2019
Imagining Bident munching on hummus is hilarious. Maybe you were making a joke that went over my head, but it turns out humus is something else entirely-- some kind of soil organic matter. Aw, much less funny that way. I'll keep the hummus-eating Charjabug in my headcanon.

Haha! Totem Araquanid got you too! I'm glad you went for Acrobatics because Araquanid had the berry that reduces electric type damage, which is crazy for pokemon.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
The bottle cap actually does have a use. In the post-game of the Alola games, a character called Mr. Hyper appears. If you give him a Bottle Cap, you can have him maximize one of your Pokemon's IVs. Though he'll only do it if the Pokemon is already at level 100, so they're pretty much useless in nuzlockes, even if you could meet him before the post-game.

That freaking totem change really caught me off guard the first time I played. Thankfully, I had absolutely no luck catching Grass types so my team was full of Flying types instead. So Aurora Beam was so terrifying. Glad you made it through safely though, especially with no deaths! :sun:

Also, a small reminder for Dupes Clause. I took a look at your ruleset and it says: Limited dupes clause: I can retry my catch twice if I get a pokemon I already have or had. If I will still get one in my third attempt, I lose the catch for this route. There actually is no rule that says you aren't allowed to have two Pokemon of the same species, just that you have the ability to retry your catch if you run into a dupe. So technically, having two Eevee isn't breaking the rules.

SaintsGarden

Rune Collector
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 29, 2020
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
No Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Ground, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Actually, Saint was the name of the scientist. You're thinking of Saint's beleaguered creator, Garden.
Oh wow, Brooklet Hill always gives me trouble in base SuMo and USUM, so congrats on getting through deathless!

Also, fun fact since the history got brought up here, Paniola is actually derived from the Hawaiian word paniolo, which essentially translates to cowboy. It has quite an interesting history in Hawai'i with its Mexican vaquero heritage, so it's cool to see Hawai'i's cattle ranching tradition referenced in the game.

I had the same reaction you did with the Skull grunts talking to Gladion in USUM, haha... but replaying Moon in the last month, I realized they say the exact same thing to him there?! Maybe it's because Team Skull felt so refreshing as a villain team when the games were first released, the fanon of them being less reactionary and not actively harmful got stuck in people's heads as canon – but they're pretty mean to people who're outside their in-group, and tend to only target those more vulnerable than them! They're still very fun and charming, but they are a villain team.

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Congrats on the totem battle! I think keeping both eevee makes sense as long as you evolve them into different things.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Honestly have no memory of the significance of the bottle cap, if it has any. I love Carbink’s little cameo here, even though it was on the opposite side! I remember having trouble in the past also with that trainer and her rock bunny. Mudsbray is such a conundrum- they’re so good but so often used because of it. It’ll be good to have one as backup at least. Omg Ekans swallows their food in one bite?! That is awesome. I have to make an effort to use Ekans in my next Alolan playthough! I think it would be fair to keep both Eevees if you’re planning on evolving them into two different things. Especially since you caught one fair and square in the wild! Wow very tense trial but you did great with it! Aurora Beam took me by surprise too the first time I saw it. Also good idea to have a sidequest log to keep track of everything! I need to start doing that lol.

MarkedInStone

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
Oh! Before I forget, my warning seems to have taken form already- it was about Calamus and Totem Araquanid's Aurora Beam! But seems your owl friend's got quite a bit of bulk behind them, eh?

A new tip!

You might think that Bident's going to evolve really late... but I think you should have more power plant for the nearer future.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
@mewstein - Yep! Lady luck has been kind with me in this run so far. Indeed, another Hummus (well Humus but let’s not get picky) devourer like myself! Personally, the Ride Pager reminds me of a Disc-On-Key but everyone has their own world of associations I guess :P.

@Arie Kazami - Luck is indeed on my side! Thanks, it was really tight with that damn Araquanid, but luckily we all made it. Interesting, so I suspected. Well, I won’t say anything more. You’ll see soon enough!

@pikasphere - Ha :), indeed it was a joke (as an Israeli I’m a huge Hummus lover). Humus is indeed very fertile soil. I’d go with the new canon myself if I were you. Yeah, there were so many type shenanigans in this battle, Ultra Sun is really living up to its high standard so far (expect that silly AI behavior in the grand trial). A hardcore game.

@SimplyUnknown - Hmm too bad, I never get to play the post-game so there are so many such features I’m usually unaware of. I think I remember that Fairy type trainer (forgot her name) from Alola who came to Let’s Go also gives you these caps? Yep, same here, I was totally surprised, really wonderfully crafted moment by Game Freak. Cool! Nice catch, you should consider being a lawyer :). I think in that case I’ll keep both Poly and Hatchling! I’ll still keep them in the box for now until I’ll have more evolution options, but who knows, I might end up with two different Eeveelutions on my team, which is not something you often see in Nuzlockes.

@SaintsGarden - Hi there and welcome to the run! Thanks, I felt quite lucky indeed. A crit in the wrong moment could have been the end of Calamus my poor starter. Went to read about the paniolo and that’s really cool, thanks for sharing. Makes even more sense in that case. Yeah in retrospect I believe you are right and indeed the exact same thing happened in Sun (I played it about two years ago and only once so I don’t completely remember), still for some reason Team Skull feels more of an a$$holes in this game, not sure why. Still, their uniqueness compared to other villainous teams does give them extra credit, I agree.

@Alba Corbina - Thank you! That was a close one. I tend to agree, I won’t add any of them in right away but I think I am allowed to use them both under my/the usual Nuzlocke rules, and I’ll indeed evolve them into different eeveelutions to make it even clearer that it is not a considered a dupe.

@Spectacles - Ah Carbink, what a pokemon :) (Dear “Lucid” in the Sky with diamonds memories). I agree about Mudsbray, yet much like everyone else I just love them too much to not like them for how much they are loved :P. I think I’ll give it some time on the team just to keep her up to level, and rotate her a bit in and out for now. Yep! I knew you’d appreciate that anecdote about Ekans, you should totally check it out. Too bad they didn’t add this feature in Gen 8. I agree about the Eevees and I’ll do exactly that assuming I’ll use them both. Thanks again!

@MarkedInStone - Ha! Nice one, I indeed missed it. Luckily Calamus could surprisingly take that X4 hit quite nicely (relatively), must be his Bold nature that saved us. But anyway, I believe this time I am on to your clue! Though I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Part 7 – (Un)Lucky Number 7

Route 5, just outside of Brooklet Hill

Fire trial next confirmed, and as we discussed last time my main options for that currently are Capitolina the Rockruff and possibly Loamare the Mudbray if I want to take her out of the box either for good, or just for the rotation. Let’s go check Brooklet Hill out and see what pokemon I can get there.

Now should I go for the wild grass or perhaps fish now that I was given the rod? For some reason I almost always tend to go with the grass, especially in blind runs. Fishing is sometimes the only source of pokemon in certain locations (which reminds me, I think there was a pond in Paniola City I should get back there later), so I don’t want to waste those classic fishing encounter on a better route (Magikarp, Goldeen, Tentacool, Wingull etc). So to the wild grass it is! And our encounter is...

Caught this guy with my awesome Snare, using a Net Ball (I wonder if there’s a double effect? After all it is both a Water type and a Bug type).

Meet Weeper! Can’t tell if that’s a good nature or not (after all Totem Araquanid mainly used Special moves on me, right? Though it does seem to have naturally high Attack). Could be a really interesting pokemon to use. However A) It’s not exactly what I was looking for to deal with the Fire trial with the Bug type and all, B) I already have Bident as my Bug type. So I think, for now, to the box with you, though possibly a great and interesting to use backup.

Oh wait, scratch A. That’s nice! Still, hmm... Should I? Nah, not for now, though I’m impressed little one! Canceling out one of your main weaknesses. It is just so hard to box my beloved team members. Hope I won’t regret this.

Oh I love it when pokemon references real world biology. This looks like a classic case of territorial behavior combined with the “Handicap Principle” (hypothesized by a scientists who used to teach in the university I went to).

What other catches Ruby could have gotten?

I checked the fishing and all I saw were Magikarps and Goldeens so not a big loss, I’m sure I could get those in other places.

In the grass however I saw more Psyducks (man these are common in Alola, still I can’t get a single one). Poliwags (I love those little guys! Poliwrath is amazing, though I do have Gabriela and like you probably understood already I like to have the least types overlap as I can, even though I admit at time it makes little sense), Wingull (Hardly my first choice, though one served me well in my Sun run), and Paras (such a cool and twisted pokemon, with such bad stats and typing, Game Freak has been bad to you my friend. Really wish it would get more love in the future in the form of a regional form or a Mega Evolution. I’d love to see that Mushroom take over even more of this poor creature, or its Zombie elements coming in effect making it Grass Dark for example as the bug is almost completely consumed by the mushroom). So yeah, overall, good catch and luck is still on my side. Moving on!

I defeat a trainer I missed last time, get a new TM:

Which is sadly quite irrelevant for most of my team and is inferior to Bident’s other moves.

And decided to return to Paniola to get that fishing encounter I can now get access to for another potential Water type. There I find...

No surprises I guess, fishing in the pokemon world rarely gets you anything else - Meet Regina (I always tend to name Magikarps/Gyarados royal or dragon related names, guess it is hard to get original after catching at least a dozen of these guys over different games, if not more). So yeah, as I always say, the bread and butter of Nuzlocking. A great pokemon, could be super useful, ok nature, But... I really over used these guys in my previous games. So I’ll save her as a backup for a rainy day.

Ok, so for now no major changes to the team it seems. Let’s continue forward!

Cleared the next road block.

And its these guys again! (Dude, can you try to be a bit nicer? Jeesh, what did she say?). I have to say so far I’m enjoying them much more than Team Skull.

And I am challenged to a battle, you’re on!

(Ha, caught this one right on time. Looks like those 80s style faded portraits :P )

Ooh, what’s that? Must be an Ultra Beast as I don’t recognize it. By its colors I can only assume it is either Psychic or Poison (color matching types makes blind runs far safer, though I have been mistaken in the past). It does levitate, and I already have Baghnakh out. Let’s go with a Dark type move!

Nope didn’t do much, and it is probably Poison as it gave us quite a powerful Venoshock in return. Oh well, finish it off Baghnakh!

Nope, you just lost a battle to an overleveled evolved pokemon who is better than yours.

Our ultra-dimensional friends take their leave, that little kid gives us Mystic Water for some reason, and we press on, into Route 6!

Not much to say about that.

I’m always afraid of double battles, but Snare acids these couple down quite effectively (I do enjoy moves that hit both opponents. In general, even though they make things far trickier in Nuzlockes, I do wish double battles were more common in pokemon games. About one per route, a few when fighting evil teams, and one-two gym leader per region sounds like the right balance to me. You could claim that they sort of did that using the trial system and the ally pokemon).

And he finally evolves! Sweet. I love Arbok’s design so much (I know its just a cobra, but is a badass purple one). Too bad its stats are hardly the best, but I do hope that with its Ability and Movepool I could manage to take him with me as far as possible. I mean, thanks to him I caught most of my pokemon so far.

And Crunch is a fine addition.

We then Meet Hapu, who for some reason prefers we will take down Team Skull instead of her (don’t you hate it when obviously powerfully NPCs let you handle a battle. I mean I far prefer the Let’s Go scene with Lorelei where she takes down the majority of the grunts and only leaves one of the Rocket to you).

Baghnakh slays their Drowzee with ease, making me appreciate its typing a whole lot more in Alola as it seems Psychic types are extremely common here, at least in the early game. Again and again it slays the opposition. Must be the technician.

Hmm you are really making me want to use my own Mudbray, such a majestic beast.

After I pretty much clear this route I decide it is about time to get my encounter. I choose the patch of grass that is hidden behind boulders hoping it will have better encounters (I’m still not 100% sure about it, but I’m almost certain most routes have different encounter rates on different patches). And my encounter is...

Gorgonzola the Alolan Rattata (for some reason I never remember where to put the double R in Rattata’s name). Bad nature, not the best pokemon out there (even though Ciara my Alolan Raticate practically won me my Let’s Go Eevee run so I can appreciate it). Baghnakh seems to be superior and that extra Normal type comes with a serious weakness to Fighting. To the Box with you! Probably never to return.

What other catches I could have gotten?

Mostly dupes like Oricorio, Mudbray and Grubbin, and a rare Eevee. And a Lillipup which I guess would have been better, but no huge misses here.

And we get to the Royal Avenue.

Where I am offered another great trade. I never used Barboach before, sadly I don’t have a Tentacool to spare. I should really keep track of the trade offers as well, but I’m too lazy for that.

Speaking of which, I’m give another vague side quest. I’ll record it in my list though I have no idea what he means.

And as I do so I’m reminded to actually check my last and realize I still have a trainer in Route 5 waiting for me to battle! I’ll get back to him soon. This list is actually useful.

In the meanwhile, I fight the wandering actresses once more, defeating her Oricorio in yet another form.

Get myself a tasty Big Malasada.

And meet the professor the famous Masked Royal! (I do enjoy this bit very much :P, brilliant of the game to offer me these two choices of dialog).

We fight in the Battle Royal (where I actually don’t lose my pokemon this time, unlike in Sun). Even if I would have lost a pokemon here I doubt I’d count it as a loss.

Meet Kiawe who invites us to his trial which is found in the next route. And I guess we are all ready to go.

Umm no, not quite. A few things I want to do before. First, head to the mall.

(You know me so well)

Where we get Rest from that weird dude in the Hypno Costume. I mean he is begging for money disguised as a pokemon. Is it common in this world to have pokemon beggars? If so, that’s pretty troubling.

Oh I love how they offer cuisine from all around the pokemon world. I wonder how some of these tastes.

Weren’t those supposed to be illegal?

We then return to fight that trainer in Route 5 we missed.

His Slowpoke gives us quite a hard time, but with the combined forces of Calamus and Bident we manage to take him down.

Next comes his Mr. Mime who seems to be an even tougher foe. I try and take it down using Ominous Winds, but he buffs himself up and Psywaves us for some serious damage. I heal, the battle continues, but then he hits us with a Z-Move!

Which we manage to take. We keep on fighting, and eventually Calamus is the winner.

A little trial indeed! That was a hard one. I hope I’ll get a proper reward for this.

Ok I guess, I probably won’t be using it, but it’s not a bad move, and I do like its flavor.

And with all that out of the way, we head towards the next trial.

It seems this road is blocked. I can still technically fish here and it would be considered Route 7, but I wouldn’t want to miss out on what’s next.

So I continue into Wela park, where my encounter is...

Meet Ray, not a bad pokemon, and a very good nature if I remember correctly. I do love Fire types, and even though it will take time for it to gain this type it will become quite deadly once it will. I used it before in my Sun run, (Sunsail was my mon’s name is I remember correctly), and lost it (though I can’t remember exactly where, I think it was near the end game). It could be fun to use it again and give it a second chance. Still I do have Gabriela already, and a Fire type is not really what I need now before this trial. So to the box for now, but seriously considering using it in the near future. Another pokemon for rotation perhaps?

What other catches I could have gotten?

Cubone
, damn that would have been amazing with Alolan Marowak. Magby, hmm another great pokemon I rarely ever used. Salandit, well I guess a female would have been nice but a male would have sucked so at least that. I remember vaghuely there was a rare Kangaskhan here in Sun but I didn’t get to see one this time. What a great route, not sure if I got the best option here (probably not), but I’m happy with little Ray.

And all this talk of using more pokemon makes me think and pause. And at this point I decide to go for the rotation strategy I’ve been talking so much about and give my Mudbray a chance. I mean she has such a great nature, is one of my favorite Alolan pokemon, would be great for this trial, and rotating more pokemon would make this run more likely to succeed (and from what I heard I’ll need all the help I can get). So why not give Loamare some love?

I box Bident (it’s just temporary don’t worry! I just chose him because I doubt he’ll help me in the next trial, and boxing Calamus just feels wrong). And add my new donkey friend to the party. At level 14 she requires a lot of grinding to get to a similar level to the rest of the team.

And if you know me, I stupidly like to let her in on some of the action while grinding, and almost lose her because of it to a damn Dragon Rage surprise by a Salandit, who would have killed me if she would have been even just a bit wounded.

But at last, I get her up to a proper level, and honestly really start to like her in the process (that’s why even though I hate grinding, I can see its benefits compared to only using candies/exp boosts).

I defeat a few more trainers going up the volcano (including an Ace who could have been far more dangerous if I haven’t had my brave Baghnakh).

I get Rock Tomb which I teach to almost all of my squad (I’d love to give to Snare, and perhaps I will later on, but for now I’d hate giving up on any of its moves).

And that’s my team right before the trial. I admit I hoped either Loamare or Capitolina will evolve by now (About Loamare I’m pretty sure it is much later, but I just can’t remember when even though I used this pokemon so many times, and I’m not allowed to check. About Capitolina I don’t know, and I’m still not sure what determines into what form it will evolve anyway). But I don’t want to overgrind, so let’s hope for the best. Kiawe here I come! Is it again that silly dancing “find the differences” trial?

Just imagine actually having a pokemon battle near the edge of an active volcano, I think the game doesn’t portray how dramatic it must be. I can only hope that in 10-20 years from now when the graphical technology of pokemon games will improve (and still stay a few years behind the rest of the games probably) we could actually experience this to its fullest.

Here we go!

Indeed, it starts with a weird dance by the Marowaks, after which I get to fight one. So perhaps the totem isn’t a Marowak after all? Salazzale again? I can’t remember any other Alolan Fire types. Ooh, maybe Turtonator?

Next comes that weird (yet amusing, I admit) hiker dude. We defeat him and his Magmar.

And then...

Epic! What timing. And it seems to have evolved into the day/4 legged form? Perhaps because it was day when it evolved? Makes the most sense, right?

Very cool move, priority moves are always useful.

And then comes the final dance.

Is he seriously twerking? (don't worry, I doubt I'll forget it very easily)

And the battle begins! And my guess was correct after all, this time it is a Totem Alolan Marowek! Hope I chose right to open with Capitolina (The only problem is, for some reason, they are not healing me before the battle!).

Capitolina the Lycnroc lvl 25 vs Totem Alolan Marowak lvl 22

Only lvl 22? That’s weird, not much of a difference from the previous trial.

Capiltolina is wounded 65/80.

Hmm it might have a ground type move and I’m wounded, I don’t like it. This might be a call made by panic and not logic, but let’s try and avoid it. Go Gabriela! lvl 23 Hawlucha.

Totem Alolan Marowak used Detect. And it failed. Ok, that’s a good start, not a Ground type move though.

Totem Alolan Marowak called an ally, Salazzle lvl 20. Crap, that’s not a good start... So both a Marowak and a Salazzle?

Gabriela used Rock Tomb on Totem Alolan Marowak, and it missed! Come on!

Sallazle used Torment on Gabriela.

Marowak used Flame Wheel Gabriela 39/72. Bad, bad, bad! That’s almost half my life, if they both turn on me next turn I’m dead, even without a crit. Horrible start.

Gabriel return, go Loamare! Lvl 23 Mudbray. Show me I was right to take you,

Totem Alolan Marowak used Detect. Ok, that’s good (though in retrospect I guess I should have stayed in?).

Salazzale used Flame Bust 35/65. Seriously?! 30 HP of damage, that’s really bad. We are in a serious problem.

I... I can’t switch you out. I know very well this might be your end but what can I do? Do you best to hit first with your Quick Claw little guy!

Salazzle used Poison Gas, Loamare is poisoned.

Totem Alolan Marowak used Flame Wheel, Loamare survived on 1 life thanks to affection! My buddy!

Loamare used Bullldoze hitting them both. Salazzle died from full health, Marawk ~2/3 HP and speed down. Great job!

Loamare got the poison damage, and died... damn me. No. that was so close, you almost made it, you were so brave! Loamare...

And I’m running out of healthy pokemon to use. In fact all the relevant pokemon I have left are wounded.

I can use Baghnakh but she is also very wounded from my last battles (why didn’t they heal me before the battle?). 46/72. *sigh, but I have no other options. Go Baghnakh!

But what’s next? Will it use Detect? Flame Wheel? I don’t know, but I have to risk it. Let’s heal you up.

Super Potion on Baghnakh (first used in this battle), 72/72.

Totem Alolan Marowak used Brick Break, Baghnakh on 2/72!!!! Dear spirits, what is thing beast? Game Freak is not messing around with these trials!

Another Brick Break would be the end of Baghnakh, no point in healing either. It also means I can’t send in Capitolina if I want her to live. Gabriela is seriously wounded, Calalmus will burn like a feather. However, if it will use Brick Break again... Yeah, that’s our last option anyway.

Go Snare! Lvl 23 Arbok.

Intimidate kicks in, sweet.

Totem Alolan Marowak used Brick Break, 54/65, nice!

Ok, what’s next? Glare or Crunch? Will Crunch be enough? I doubt it. Glare it is, will give me time to heal with some luck.

Wait, no! Glare won’t work, it is a Ghost type. Man that was too close! Get yourself together Ruby, no one else has to die.

Snare used Crunch, 1/3 HP, ok I can live with that.

Totem Alolan Marowak used Flame Wheel, 24/65. Ouch. Hmm. This means I’ll die if he will hit me even one more time. But I’m faster right? I think so at least (it had its speed decreased thanks to brave Loamare’s Bulldoze, and Arbok has decent speed. I have no idea how speedy a Marowak is though. I can’t believe it is too fast). So that’s supposed to be enough...

Snare, don’t fail me!

Snare used Crunch, Totem Alolan Marowak is dead, thank the gods!!!

Hooray!

I’m so very sorry Loamare, you were such a hero, another fallen one of your kind sacrificed itself for me. You stayed with us for such a short time, yet were crucial to our very survival and I doubt it we would have won without you. Thanks to you, and in fact almost all my team, we made it! That was a really epic. Well done gang.

Oh wow, nice, very useful. One of my favorite pokeballs.

We are given the very useful Fly Charizard Ride, which as I mentioned in my Sun run is both a dream come true and a major disappointment as you barely get to enjoy the experience with a short meh animation from what I recall.

We got Bident back with the rest of the squad, with our unlucky member number seven in poke-Valhalla. If I learned anything from this experience is how useful using an extra mon or two in rotation can be.

And here is my current team.

See you guys next time! When we, get back to the that city again, I guess? I have no clue!

Calamus the Dartix lvl 5-24 Male, Snare the Arbok lvl 10-24 Male, Bident the Charjabug lvl 4-24 Male, Baghnakh the Alolan Persian lvl 8-25 Female, Gabriela the Hawlucha lvl 9-24 Female and Capitolina the Lycanroc lvl 13-25 Female.

Lullaby the Slowpoke lvl 6-16 Male and Loamare the Mudbray lvl 14-23 Female.

Charm the Mime JR. lvl 7. Ope’ape’a the Zubat lvl 6. Nibble the Yungoos lvl 10, Maxilla the Mawile lvl 13, Darwin the Oricorio lvl 12, Yukinko the Smoochum lvl 9, Astray the Drifloom lvl 6-14, Riddle the Totem Gumshoos lvl 20, Poly the Eevee lvl 14, Hatchling the Eevee lvl 1, Nectar the Metapod lvl 15, Weeper the Dewpider lvl 17, Gorgonzola the Alolan Rattata lvl 16, Regina the Magikarp lvl 16 and Ray the Fletchling lvl 19.

Show a Corsola to a dude in Route 5 Pokecenter.

Old folks reunion in Heahea city.

Tell a tale of a brave deed to a young boy near Royal Avenue.

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Another day, another helping of mansplaining from Dulse. #toxicmasculinity amirit?

A great pokemon, could be super useful, ok nature, But... I really over used these guys in my previous games. So I’ll save her as a backup for a rainy day.
Perfect for her Swift Swim ability!

Not much to say about that.
Fear not, England has the counterpart:

I mean he is begging for money disguised as a pokemon. Is it common in this world to have pokemon beggars? If so, that’s pretty troubling.
You mean that isn't a viable backup plan?!

Too bad that you lost Loamare, but at least that frees up a space in your rota for a Pokemon you haven't used in previous runs. Just watch out for those Salandits dagnabbit!

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Why wouldn’t Glare have worked on the Totem Pokemon? Ghosts aren’t immune to paralysis.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
@Alba Corbina - I believe that because it is a Normal type move on a Ghost pokemon? Though I might be wrong, Im always confused about these things and Game Freak changed these rules more than once in the past (Powder moves on Grass types etc).

Last edited:

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
I think what they refered to is that normal status moves can still affect ghost pokémon, anyways rip Loamare, good luck against Lurantis

Time Master Eon

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy

(Ha, caught this one right on time. Looks like those 80s style faded portraits :P )

Ooh, what’s that? Must be an Ultra Beast as I don’t recognize it. By its colors I can only assume it is either Psychic or Poison (color matching types makes blind runs far safer, though I have been mistaken in the past). It does levitate, and I already have Baghnakh out. Let’s go with a Dark type move!
fun fact, Ash had A Poipole in the anime.

Weren’t those supposed to be illegal?
This isn't the first time these have come back up, so I figure it's either a regional thing or that Team Rocket was harvesting them illegally.

Epic! What timing. And it seems to have evolved into the day/4 legged form? Perhaps because it was day when it evolved? Makes the most sense, right
Actually, in Gen 7 that was based on what version you were playing. It switched a regular day/night evo in SwSh. There's also Dusk form which both require a specific time of day as well a hidden ability.

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
Ah right...Totem Marowak pretty much wreck anything that come to it thanks to his THICK CLUB that he wields, that is why it incredibly dangerous, But man...you should use that Fletchling for the next trial, that nature is so good!(I know you have Hawlucha, but due next totem have Sunny day support...so...) Also, the UB Poipole...I heard if it know a certain dragon-type move, it will evolve...

Ah yes, R.I.P Mudbray...it will be missed.

pikasphere

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 30, 2019
That Totem Marowak battle was a butt clencher, wow. And since the cat's out of the bag, yeah Glare does work on ghosts, but I can't blame you for that, because according to Bulbapedia Glare does NOT work in gens 2 and 3, but it DOES work in every other gen. Make up your mind, Game Freak!

Besides that, fun fact: there is concept art of an inside area of the volcano here. It's always been suspicious to me how you enter the cave from the bottom and then suddenly pop out at the top. It would've been pretty cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)