• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Alola Mature Dazzling Supernova – An Ultra Sun Blind Nuzlocke - Part 10 is up! (26/12/2020)

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Yeah I will say a rotation team is not a bad idea at all for Ultra. I’ve made the mistake of relying on one Pokemon before and then the whole rest of my team got bulldozed if that Pokemon failed. Your Rockruff evolved at the coolest time!! I wish I knew how the evolutions worked- I’m not sure if it’s day/night or version specific. Ah poor loamare; but her sacrifice was hardly in vain! That was so tense and could have easily been much bloodier had it not been for her!

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Your Rockruff evolved at the coolest time!! I wish I knew how the evolutions worked- I’m not sure if it’s day/night or version specific.
It's actually both. In the Alola games, Rockruff evolves into its Day form during the day if you're playing either of the Sun games, its Night form if you're playing either of the Moon games, or Dusk form if you're playing either of the Ultra games and evolve it between 5-5:59 PM if it has Own Tempo as an ability. In Sword/Shield though, you get Day form if it evolves during the day and Night form if it evolves during the night. So in Gen VII, it depends on the game and in Gen VIII, it depends on the time of day.

That Totem battle was really unlucky for you. I'm sorry that you lost loamare, such a good Pokemon gone too soon. Also, Alola seems to be a region where you need to rely on rotation teams rather than a specific set, especially for Totem battles. It's too bad there's no place like the Battle Chateau in Alola where you can grind more easily. Unless they added it in the Ultra games and I just don't know about it. 🤷‍♀️

Anyways, good luck with the next challenge!

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@mewstein - Oh mewstein 😋 , I can always count on you to counter my bizarre humor with your even wilder one (do continue doing that 😀). Wish me luck, I’ll do my best to keep my guard up.

@Alba Corbina - Oops, my bad! It seems you are right indeed, and as a few folks here mentioned as well Glare does work under these conditions, but as @pikasphere said Game Freak changed their mind about these sorts of moves a few times in the past so you can get why I thought that. Another downside of the blind run, I can’t check these things up! (But that’s why I have you guys in my side 🙂).

@redninjapuffle - Hi there, welcome to this run, hope you’ll enjoy. Yep! And thanks! (And as mewstein mentioned it’s a blind run so I prefer you guys giving me more general clues instead, but don’t worry about it, no harm done).

@Time Master Eon - I only watched the original anime as a child when it came out, but I often think about getting back to it, though I’m not sure if I’ll enjoy it at this point, and if so where to begin as it is so long! But that’s cool to know. Interesting about the Slowpoke tails, the whole subject of whether pokemon are the equivalent of animals, and whether humans consume pokemon seems to be a bit taboo in the games, though I find it fascinating and wish we could learn more about it. Oh wow, I didn’t know that about Lycanroc. So, I would have gotten a Day form no matter what? Well, good to know. What is the actual difference between them btw?

@Arie Kazami - Ah, that Thick Club explains a lot, that was probably the strongest and hardest Totem pokemon battle I faced so far. I love the fact they gave lots of pokemon coverage moves so early on, I really wish Gen 8 would have continued with this trend. Thanks, poor Loamare was a true hero, even though she served us for such a short time. I seem to be good at killing these poor donkeys.

@pikasphere - lol, it sure was! Ah, that explains my confusion, thanks for clarifying it out. I’m still confused about other moves such as the powder moves/grass and electric status moves to be honest. Oh that would have been awesome indeed, I can see what they were trying to do with this volcano and liked that little detour, but indeed it seems it could have been much better.

@Spectacles - Yeah I think keeping 1-2 pokemon in rotation is still reasonable grinding-wise, and would make my team far more adaptive to change and surprises. Well look no further than one reply below you to know the answer it seems 🙂. Yeah, poor Loamare gave her life so we could live. Without her I’m pretty sure I would have lost the battle and possibly the entire run. It’s a really good thing I decided to take her with me, I should learn from that in the future.

@SimplyUnknown - Thanks for explaining that! Wow that Dusk form sure sounds hard to get, no chance I would have gotten it randomly! (plus I seem to have the wrong ability anyway). Wait so in Gen 8 you can’t get the Dusk form? What is the main difference between the forms anyway? Thanks, indeed that was one cruel battle and Loamare would be missed, even though thanks to her heroism we are here today. Yeah, I don’t play with the exp share on so grinding can be quite frustrating, I do hope I’ll find a similar facility later on.

Part 8 - A Tropical Day

As usual, a new chapter begins and I have no idea where to head next. Let’s check our options:

I was given the Charizard Pager so I guess I can return to previous locations with ease. I vaguely remember I noticed I can now return to the main city of this island and check out other parts of it as well. I’m also pretty sure there was an “island challenge fence” or whatever they’re called in Route 7.

So let’s begin by returning to the city. Maybe I’ll find those missing old people at last and help them get their party going!

Heahea City

Ooh interesting.

I’m pretty sure there is a physicist somewhere playing this game as we speak, banging this head against the table after reading this description.

Boo! Oh well, let’s continue exploring the other parts of Heahea.

Man, the pokemon world is quite a class society (I guess much like our real world is).

As I was creeping through a building I had no business entering into, as is common in these games, I met this guy who gave me the most random out of character fact you could think of.

That’s... good to know random street.

I then entered the classical Game Freak building of this game, where I met the creators of the game. I also found there a “choose your own path” text game about game development, which is one of the best mini text-based games I ever found in a pokemon game.

I won’t bore you with all the details or spoil it to you. I’ll just say that once you encounter it in your own game, please don’t skip it. I played throughout the entire tree of possibilities just to see them all, and really enjoyed it. It is written in a very casual, perhaps even childish manner, still it gives you insights to the way of thinking of those who created this game, and a message they want to pass on to the kids who are playing this game about career dreams and how your choices affect what sort of life you’ll live, and even how to be happy with whatever life gives you. I might be reading too much into it, but those were my thoughts at least, beautiful piece of text.

Some might say that’s exactly what I’m trying to do in this run 🤓.

I then enter the Aether Facility in town where I’m given a Poke Ball that was left behind. It seems to be a key item as I have no access to the pokemon inside for now. I must say even after finishing my Sun run I’m still not sure whether the Aether Facility are “the good guys” or “the bad guys”. I mean in general pokemon seems to have a dichotomic view on big corporations, which is probably based on how influential they are in Japanese society. Still unlike Devon or Silph who seem to be mainly based on real world for-profit companies who don’t have much to do directly with pokemon battles, or Macro Cosmos who’s battles again the protagonist are only part of them doing what their boss asks of them, and I can only assume isn’t their “ideology”, Aether seems to be different. In a way they are like a charity foundation or a none profit organization who fights for a very worthy cause I’d love to support, but on the other hand they have a hidden agenda which they all seem to be involved in, and they quickly turn on the protagonist and almost seem to enjoy stopping them without a second thought. So, is it just Lusamine’s bad influence a bit like chairman Rose and the organization in its core is “good”? Or were they “evil” from the beginning? Perhaps we’ll learn more in the Ultra games.

But as usual I’m getting off topic here. I take the pokeball and carry on.

Nice, a new location! I guess it’s time to get myself an Alolan Diglett?

And it seems we hit another invisible wall, this time we must wait until we’ll be strong enough to deal with all these Digletts. Oh well, at least let me grab one of them moles for myself and carry on.

Wait a minute, that’s no Diglett! I must have it! Now, be careful...

Yes! Meet Horroar! (I regretted the silly name immediately after giving it, but it’s too late now, so Horroar it is). Fine nature, and I never got to use one of these before! It will probably take forever to evolve (I can’t remember exactly when, but that’s usually the case for such pokemon), it has an ugly looking second form, it will overlap in types completely with two of my pokemon...

But I must have it, I don’t care. Now hear me out: I’m boxing Capitolina just for now. Don’t worry, we are just keeping a party of 7 in rotations again, that’s all, I’m not letting go of her so fast. I mean letting go of a pseudo legendary (I think it’s a pseudo legendary?) so early in the game would be pure blasphemy don’t you agree? What are odds of me getting such a rare pokemon? (Or in other words, What other pokemon Ruby could have gotten?).

Well I can’t tell you the exact odds, but I’m betting they’re pretty low as I met lots of Zubats (dupes), quite a few Alolan Digletts, and just one more Larvitar.

So lucky catch as always! I leave the cave, and return to town.

And another road block, it seems the Stoutland just moved further west and I still can’t access the entire city, oh well.

Next, I meet this guy, who tells me about a feature I rarely used and never investigated properly in my last run: Poke Pelago. Sounds like an excuse for a tropical vacation to me!

(Weee!)

Greetings!

Umm I somehow doubt there wasn’t any native pokemon population here when you first arrived, so you most likely did far more ecological damage than any benefits you claim this place has for pokemon, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that these were actually freshly appearing islands that didn’t get the chance to be settled by any other life forms before you got here, as these are actually not that rare in volcanic islands such as Alola.

Oh right, now I remember why I didn’t like this place - you are forced to hang out with those poor pokemon you killed and forever remember how you let them down, fun times.

But hi a fun mini game plus freebies? I’m in!

Once more, I won’t bore you too much with the details of what I did but let’s just say I’ll keep this little side project going as I play, and if anything interesting will happen I’ll report to you guys. I’m pretty sure I can get a wild encounter this way, so whatever I’ll find first will be this area’s catch I guess. Again, I’ll keep you update as I play. Overall a fun little side game so far (though my clumsy fingers keep pressing the pokemon instead of the damn beans!).

I decide next to return to the route that is north to Route 7, assuming that is the next place I should go to now that I cleared everything that was left in the city. I head there, the blockage is lifted, but once I walk through the tunnel I realize that the next route is no longer considered Route 7. I therefore decide to return to Route 7 and clear it out as well.

So it seems I could have gotten a fishing/surfing catch before the trial battle to help against Totem Marowak, now I feel stupid. Oh well, let’s see what comes up my rod this time! (well technically I met this pokemon while surfing my way towards the fishing location, but you know what I meant).

Meet Dagon, hardly the most exciting pokemon I could have gotten. Man, there are a lot of Water types in Alola. I think a Water Monolocke is probably quite feasible in this game, I’ll consider it for one of my remaining Hall of Fame runs. I’ll spare you the details of the other pokemon I could have gotten as they all seem to be other classical Water types, some new, some dupes.

I fight a few swimmers, leveling up Calamus and Bident a bit (recently I really learned to appreciate Calamus. At first, he was a pretty meh starter, but over time his typing and moves, especially Grass Pledge, seem to be very useful).

Bident can learn Crunch, but I have enough Dark type coverage of this type, and I prefer my STAB bug.

A fine TM (I rarely use it as I usually prefer to have more coverage moves, but I don’t shy away from cheesy tactics if needed as I see nothing wrong with them).

And once I’m done with Route 7, I realize it would be the perfect time to return to the first Island and finish the few water routes I didn’t visit yet in.

I choose the more elegant way to get there (earning a few more BP on the way as I finally start to understand how to properly play the Mantine mini game). I considered giving Bounce to Gabriela but decide against it in the end due to its low accuracy, and will save my BPs for the future.

I returned to that little cave where I got my encounter before but it is still blocked from further exploration by a “strength trial”. I do find this nice item in the process though.

I then cross all the sea areas that are left in Melemele Island – Hau’oli City’s Beach, the Melemele Sea and Kala’e Bay where I catch these three pokemon respectively:

ManO’War and Brigade are both solid options for a water type, and even Icarus is usable I guess (though none of them have very favorable natures to be honest), but I like my team too much so far to add any of them. I am considering eventually adding Weeper the Dewpider to my rotation as a Water type option, but I’ll wait with it for now.

I fight my way through quite a lot of trainers and swimmers.

(I guess for some reason every pokemon game has to have one of those).

And at last, I can safely say I finished every route I left behind and every encounter I could access, at least that I know of. Time to return to the main path at last.

I go through the tunnel at the end of Route 7 expecting to use the street knowledge pokemon games have bestowed upon me of always searching for hidden lost items in shady alleys and dark tunnels, but to my surprise and disappointment my loyal hound finds none of these. However, I do find this marry couple.

Dude, where do you come from that tunnels seem like an exotic location or some exciting invention? I mean, it’s a literal cave with two ways, in and out, that sounds pretty basic to me.

Now that would make a good pokemon spinoff game!

(Sounds like Colress to me).

At last, Route 8 (where this chapter should have probably started). Let’s get ourselves a pokemon! And our encounter is...

Not bad at all. Meet Roosevelt the Stufful. It’s Fluffy which is a great ability in my opinion (better than Klutz). Too bad its nature doesn’t suit it well, but still a very solid backup for Gabriela.

What other catches Ruby could have gotten? You obviously ask yourselves?

Nothing out of the ordinary honestly. Dupes such as Yungoos and Fletchling. Trumbeak, and Salandit which are ok I guess. Also another fishing location but it seems to contain the basic fish pokemon that are so common in the beaches of Alola. I’d say luck was once more on my side.

I continue down the road where I meet Colress (called it, though probably because I subconsciously remembered it from my first Sun run, though now I wonder what he did here in that game if those interdimensional folks weren’t around?). He tells me he just met with Dulse and Zossie, and gives me the Flame Charge TM.

Which is a great TM, which could be extra useful in the next gym, though sadly none of my pokemon can learn it.

I then enter the Aether Foundation facility (these guys seem to own quite a lot of real-estate in Alola)

As I mentioned before, totally a worthy cause, though now I’m beginning to doubt you are actually working to fulfill it. Could also make an interesting spinoff game playing as one of these guys (a bit like Pokemon Ranger I guess).

Sure, added to mini quest list, though I doubt it is a very common pokemon there, so under my current Nuzlocke state I’d probably won’t be of much good to your research.

They then show me this little guy.

I wonder if it’s the same one I met before.

Sure thing, and I actually even returned the next day, only to be told to return tomorrow once more, which I do plan on doing (perhaps I’ll be given this little guy if I’ll stick to this job?).

Either way, “checking on the Alolan Vulpix in Route 8”, added to the mini quest list.

I continue down the road until I get to this place:

I’m still not sure how I’m supposed to get a fossil in this game, as far as I remember I never got one in Sun, and I don’t recall any special Alolan fossil pokemon in the game either. Perhaps that’s post-game content?

I battle a little kid who borrowed his older brother’s powerful Kangaskhan.

Though she’s nothing that Bident can’t handle.

And finally arrive at the Pokecenter at the end of the road, where I’m offered an interesting yet irrelevant trade offer:

Now that’s a trade that makes a lot of sense. A pokemon relevant to the next gym, who isn’t currently easily available, for a common pokemon that requires evolving (though to be honest I saw a few Trumbeaks in the wild, if these were only accessed later on and Pikipeks would be found here that would make even more sense). I’m really happy I have Snare by my side.

I heal up, fight a few more trainer along the way.

Find this wonderful thing:

Which means I now have access to Vaporeon, which is extremely tempting, but I’ll wait with it for now.

Horroar quite impressively single handedly defeats the route’s Ace Trainer in a very tense battle, mostly using Rock Slide.

Which earns me this nice, though practically inferior to Aerial Ace, TM.

And at last.

The 4th Trial. I think my team is pretty solid against this trial (though I thought that before as well and was quite wrong). My main ace here is of course Calamus my starter who is 4 times resistant to Grass and has good stats and a STAB Z-Move. I also have Snare which is both super effective against Grass, and has a lot of tricks down its, well, shed skin 🙂. I can always switch into it for an intimate and try and get a Glare (Which I believe works on Grass type pokemon 😋). I also have Gabriela and Bident which can be super effective, and only Horroar is weak to Grass (which was also true for Capitolina, so I saw no reason to switch her back in at this point). Hope we are ready guys, here we go!

(You got a a look at my 3DS for some reason 😋, I need to work on my screenshotting skills).

*deep breath

The trial here seems similar to how it was the last time, though perhaps it has changed a bit? I’m not really sure. I need to collect ingredients for Mallow’s curry dish. Mallow keeps taking me to different parts of the Jungle, and in each one there is a little mini game in which I’m supposed to recognize whether the ingredient I’m taking belongs to a wild pokemon or not. For the first two I just blindly pick it up, not realizing how it works. Luckily though, by the last one which is Sudowoodo I understand the danger and manage to pick the right none-Sudowoodo tree, which means I’m spared fighting this Rock type pokemon just before the Totem battle.

I then fight both sidekick pokemon (I think they were a Fomantis and a Morelull, though I forgot to write it down in my notes), taking them down with ease, though unfortunately it leaves Calamus a bit wounded before the battle.

The classic Jurassic Park moment where the totem pokemon appears before me, and the battle begins!

Calamus the Dartix lvl 26 (70/85 HP, still a bit wounded) vs Totem Lurantis lvl 24

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor, critical hit 42/85. Bad start!

Ok, I’ll open with full strength, can’t see a reason why not to. Who knows, maybe I’ll OHKO that thing with one hit. Calamus show me what you got!

Calamus used Z-Power Supersonic Skystrike. ~1/3 HP, not bad!

Totem Lurantis called Comfey lvl 22, hmm, a Fairy type, interesting...

I can send in Snare, his Acid will sure be useful as well as its Intimidate. But let’s first heal and see what happens next.

Used Super Potion on Calamus 85/85 HP (first item used).

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor 66/85 HP.

Comfey used Flower Shield. Defense up for both Calamus and Lurantis. Ha! Good thing I didn’t switch out. Didn’t know Flower Shield worked this way.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor 54/85 HP.

Comfey used Flower Shield. Defense up for Calamus and Totem Lurantis.

Calamus used Pluck on Lurantis (1/8 HP~). So close! Let’s finish this thing!

Totem Lurantis used Synthesis healed to 3/5 HP. Oh damn...

Comfey used Floral healing on Totem Lurantis. It’s back to full health. What the!?

Calamus used Pluck on Totem Lurantis, Critical Hit, 1/2 HP.

Hmm, perhaps I should attack Comfey this time? Nah, let’s first try Lurantis again one more time, might get lucky.

Totem Lurantis used Synthesis, healed to almost full health

Comfey used Sunny Day, sun is harsh. Oh no... Now I regret not adding Ray into the team.

Calamus used Pluck on Totem Lurantis, 4/5 HP. Ok, that was a mistake, not sure what I was thinking and now I might be in trouble. Does he have a Fire type move? I really hope it doesn’t... still, should I switch to Snare just in case?

Nah, I doubt it has a Fire type move, makes no sense, and losing all this Defense buff is too heavy of a price. Let’s go for Comfey with Grass Pledge and hope for the best.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor, 44/85 HP.

Comfey used Flower Shield, Defense up for both Totem Lurantis and Calamus. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Calamus used Grass Pledge on Comfey, a bit more than 3/5 HP.

Hmm, let’s heal again, I don’t want to risk a crit. This high defense buff can really trick a Nuzlocker into making fatal mistakes.

Used Super Potion on Calamus 85/85 HP (second item).

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor, 77/85 HP.

Comfey used Flower Shield, Defense up for both.

With such high defense I think going for Ominous Wind instead of Pluck against Lurantis will be better at this point. But first let’s finish Comfey.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor, 70/85 HP.

Comfey used Flower Shield, Defense up for both.

Calamus used Grass Pledge on Comfey, a bit more than 1/4 HP.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor, 64/85 HP.

Comfey used Flower Shield, Defense up for both (both at max defense).

Calamus used Grass Pledge on Comfey, and it is dead! Wonder if he has a backup helper. Sure hope not. Calamus levels up to lvl 27, 67/88 HP.

Sunlight faded.

Lurantis called an ally. Kecleon appeared. Damn, he might have a Fire type move, good thing the Sunlight is out.

But I’m too buffed to switch out, gotta risk it. Let’s try and kill it as well, I have a few tricks of my own. Let’s start with a Grass Pledge on Kecleon.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor, 62/85 HP.

Calamus used Grass Pledge on Kecleon 3/4 HP, turned Grass.

Kecleon used Ancient Power on Calamus, 46/88 HP, super effective. Ouch. At least it didn’t get the buff.

Ok, now it is Grass type, with some luck Pluck could kill it in one hit.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor, 41/88 HP (I’m lucky, no critical hits since the first one in the beginning of the battle).

Calamus used Pluck on Kecleon, it has fainted! Nice, my plan worked! Now just the flower mantis and we’ll make it. Unless it has a third helper?

But first time to heal and not risk a crit. We are both at max defense here.

Used Super Potion on Calamus, 85/85 HP (third item used).

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor 83/88 HP.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor 78/88 HP.

Calamus used Ominous Wind, ~3/5 HP.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor 73/88.

Calamus used Ominous Wind ~1/2 HP. Hmm that will take forever. And a lot of PP will be used before that. Special Ominous Wind effect kick in please?

Totem Lurantis used Synthesis, full health. *sigh...

Calamus used Ominous Wind ~7/8 HP.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor 67/88 HP.

Calamus used Ominous Wind ~3/4 HP. Special effect kicks in; all stats are up! Nice.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor 62/88 HP.

Calamus used Ominous Wind, almost 1/2 HP. That was the last one, out of PP.

Let’s move to Pluck and hope for crits I guess.

Totem Lurantis used Synthesis, full health, sigh.

Calamus used Pluck, 7/8 HP... I’m sorry folks this is going to be long and I have no intention of risking it with a switch with all these buffs.

Totem Lurantis used X-Scissor 57/88 HP.

Calamus used Pluck, 3/4 HP.

Totem Lurantis used Synthesis, full health, sigh. (I just hope it can actually run out of PP for this move. I think I remember reading that in some pokemon games the enemies don’t actually have limited PP).

Calamus used Pluck, 7/8 HP.

Totem Lurantis used Solar Blade, absorbed Light, and hit. Not sure how he did that on the same turn, I thought it needs to charge for one turn. 54/88 HP. No more X-Scissor PP?

Calamus used Pluck, 3/4 HP.

Totem Lurantis used Solar Blade, absorbed Light.

Calalmus used Pluck, almost ½ HP.

Totem Lurantis used Solar Blade, 51/88.

Calamus used Pluck, critical hit!!! Totem down! Calamus levels up to 28. Very nice my feathery friend, super impressive. You soloed this battle masterfully.

Calamus wants to learn Synthesis, ha! The irony. Hmm. Nah I’ll pass. Luckily, I’m allowed to use potions (though to a limit), so need for it.

Hooray!

Once more Calamus proves he is quite a useful starter after all, well done!

(Reminds me of when the three first gym leaders of Galar come to personally congratulate you in a rather awkward moment right after you defeat Kabu, which makes you wonder whether they do it for everyone or just for game protagonists).

Huzzah!

Thank you.

Must be my birthday! What a great move (which, again, sadly none of my mons can learn, which makes me a bit worried about my next trial as my team is very ill prepared against a Rock type team).

Yeah, I was just saying... This is my current team:

Well join me next time when I get the Lush Jungle encounter, think about my team against Olivia, and head over to fight her I assume! Wish me luck.

Active Team: Calamus the Dartix lvl 5-28 Male, Snare the Arbok lvl 10-27 Male, Bident the Charjabug lvl 4-26 Male, Baghnakh the Alolan Persian lvl 8-26 Female, Gabriela the Hawlucha lvl 9-26 Female and Horroar the Larvitar lvl 22-26 Male.

In Rotation: Capitolina the Lycanroc lvl 13-25 Female.

Lullaby the Slowpoke lvl 6-16 Male and Loamare the Mudbray lvl 14-23 Female.

Charm the Mime JR. lvl 7. Ope’ape’a the Zubat lvl 6. Nibble the Yungoos lvl 10, Maxilla the Mawile lvl 13, Darwin the Oricorio lvl 12, Yukinko the Smoochum lvl 9, Astray the Drifloom lvl 6-14, Riddle the Totem Gumshoos lvl 20, Poly the Eevee lvl 14, Hatchling the Eevee lvl 1, Nectar the Metapod lvl 15, Weeper the Dewpider lvl 17, Gorgonzola the Alolan Rattata lvl 16, Regina the Magikarp lvl 16, Ray the Fletchling lvl 19, Dagon the Finneon lvl 18, Icarus the Wingull lvl 17, ManO’War the Tentacool lvl 18, Brigade the Wishiwashi lvl 14 and Roosevelt the Stufful lvl 20.

Show a Corsola to a dude in Route 5 Pokecenter.

Old folks reunion in Heahea city.

Tell a tale of a brave deed to a young boy near Royal Avenue.

Showing the Aether folks at Route 8 a Goomy.

Checking the Alolan Vulpix in Route 8.

Last edited:

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Dusk Form Lycanroc was easier to get for a while; there was a free Rockruff with Own Tempo sent out over Mystery Gift when Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon were released. And after that, there was always the chance of getting one bred with Own Tempo through Wonder Trade as time went on. As for the differences, other than looks Day and Night both get a different signature move. Day form gets Accelrock, basically Rock type Quick Attack, Night form gets Counter, and if you get Dusk, you get both moves. There's also a difference in stats with Day form being faster and Night form being tankier with Dusk Form being very similar to Day form, but with two points of base Speed moved to its Attack stat.

Also, you can potentially get Dusk Form Lycanroc in Gen VIII, it's just far less likely unless you use Pokemon Home to trade an Own Tempo Rockruff to the games or get lucky with a Surprise trade. It was just easier in Alola, or at least USUM for a while because of the free Mystery Gift.

With that out of the way, great job with the Grass trial and what a lucky catch! I do like Larvitar, though I have to resist the urge to name it Alfalfa every time, regardless of gender. Considering that Rowlet is apparently considered the least good choice for Alola runs, Calamus is serving you well. Not too many Pokemon can solo a Trial like that, regardless of resistances.

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
I didn't know you can get a Larvitar in Diglett cave, it must be a rare catch then, lucky you
also
Going forward, there isn't much changes in the upcoming trials by much
Thats all I got

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
Aye, Larvitar sure is a really good catch! But you need to be patient and careful to raise it since Larvitar wasn't the toughest mon around. As my own Larvitar(already fully evolved) can attest, fully evolving this guy after manage to keep him alive is worth it, SO MUCH

Good job on the Grass trial! Also the tunnel has wild encounter on it, though not much. As always, good luck for your run!

pikasphere

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 30, 2019
Good job with the totem! With the wrong pokemon, Lurantis is a serious run ender. Although the Rowlet line is the worst out of the three, this is one of the few times where it proved to be pretty good! Also Lurantis used a Power Herb for Solar Blade, which I remember because it made me lose my blind Sun nuzlocke way back in the day. 😅

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Roosevelt the Stufful - I like what you did there 🙃

Nice catch with that Larivatar - now there's a 'mon you don't often see in a Nuzlocke. And Horroar is quite an appropriate nickname given that's it's currently Spooky Season. Throw that sucker on your team immediately!

Those Totems aren't being very forgiving are they? Lurantis's tactics kind of reimnd me of how I used my Treemadio (a Snakewood grass/ghost type) - good job it didn't also know Leech Seed. Grass Types are like weeds - difficult to kill once they lay down their roots.

(I guess for some reason every pokemon game has to have one of those).
I'm sure it's even tougher for male swimmers....

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
On pokepelago, if you hold down your stylus and move it around that way, you’ll be able to pick up the beans without tapping the Pokemon.

The fact that you named something as adorable as Finneon after a lovecraftian horror is hilarious!

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
@SimplyUnknown - Well it seems I didn’t have a lot of control over it, but overall, I’m really happy with Capitolina being day form. I personally also prefer its design to the Dusk form. I think they could have made it more interesting if the Dusk form was also Dark type for example as it doesn’t sound like they have a lot of other major differences and fits the whole werewolf inspiration, but maybe that’s just me. Thanks! I’m really happy with Horroar joining the team, even though I’m a bit worried about type redundancy, but that’s what rotations are for I guess, among other things. I’m also quite surprised by how useful Calamus has been so far considering what you guys said about it being considered the inferior choice. So far it served me no less usefully than my Litten in my Sun run I must say.

@redninjapuffle - Thanks! I’m also pleasantly surprised about Horroar joining my team. Wish me luck!

@Arie Kazami - Yep! I’m really thrilled about adding Horroar to my team. Don’t tell Capitolina but I have a feeling he’ll be staying with us for the long term. Ah, impressive of you for managing to get a Tyranitar all the way to the end in a Nuzlocke, really hope I’ll manage to do the same in this blind run. Oh, I didn’t know there was an encounter there, and forgot about it when I later played this part. Will keep a note for the future though. I love these semi hidden route encounters like the birds on the Charizard bridge in Unova for example, makes the world feel really organic and not just divided into routes of tall grass.

@pikasphere - Ouch! Makes me really happy to have Calamus by my side. Well that’s good to know, man the Ultra games don’t spare cheesy tactics, which makes them awesome if you ask me (I always loved the fact Flannery’s Torkoal is holding a White Herb e.g.). I do wish future generations will be more like this compared to Gen 8 when it comes to interesting and challenging battles (even though Raihan’s battle was relatively interesting).

@mewstein -
Roosevelt the Stufful - I like what you did there 🙃
you know me, overthinking my supposedly witty nicknames to death :P. Which sadly didn’t manifest well in Horroar, but hopefully he’ll forgive me for his mediocre name and make it legendary simply by being an epic mon. I do love those totem battles, really shows someone put a lot of thought into them, and they are probably one of my favorite features of this game (which is really cool, as I read somewhere, they were added really late in game development, which makes me wonder what the game would have looked like without them). About male swimmers, well, let’s leave it at that :P.

@Alba Corbina - Oh wow that’s good to know, that saved me a lot of careful and tedious clicks. Ha! Happy you liked it. Actually, it is even more complicated than that and is my own silly word play: the Hebrew word for fish is “Dag”, and “Dagon” can roughly be translated to “tiny fish” (though Dagig is more commonly used). This is actually no coincidence as the ancient Mesopotamian god Dagon’s name probably comes from the word Dag as he was a fish god, and also influenced many later authors including those Lovecraftian themed stories you mentioned that were looking for inspiration in ancient gods, and popularized the name Dagon. So, in short, I wrapped an ancient god, a Lovecraftian horror and a baby fish all in one poor Finnoen :P, who I’ll sadly most probably won’t use.

Part 9 – An Elusive Gem

Last time we finished the last trial of the island, which means that next we have the grand trial vs Olivia. But before we get to this trial, let’s clear the Lush Jungle, reassemble our team, and plan what we want to do next.

(Just for the record I’m still keeping Horroar in the team for now and Capitina in rotation, not an easy choice to make but I’m sticking to it for now).

The Lush Jungle

(Look, its part of Ruby’s reflection as he is too lazy to take proper pictures with his phone).

That’s actually one of my favorite held items. I love items that don’t just give you a passive bonus to a specific type or to super effective moves, but instead benefits a specific play strategy. Though Z-Moves made things a bit less interesting, and I usually just give most of my crew their relevant Z-Crystals and forget about it (which is admittedly not the smartest thing to do, though I’m always afraid I’ll be needing that exact Z-Move at that exact time and will curse myself later on for not doing so)

Nice, might prove useful against Olivia (even though it seems only Gabriella and Calamus can learn it, and both of them have better options against Rock moves). This is also a move I really like as it adds a bit more diversity to the game instead of yet another X damage move. Also, I love this little niche in the grove, though in reality having to crawl through a mushroom infested rotten bark sounds less appealing, it does look great in a video game.

And now, for the main show. Our encounter of the Lush Jungle is...

I’d love using this one! Such a cool pokemon (with really interesting lore and a nice homage to biological mimicry). However, with Calamus being a Grass type, I somewhat doubt I’ll have use for this guy (Even though adding him to the team just for the battle with Olivia is an option). So for now, I’ll box him, though he’ll make a good backup.

What other catches Ruby could have gotten?

Actually, lots of interesting ones. Trumbeak, Paras, Bonsly, Steenee, Comfey and even a Passimian. Almost all of which could have been useful. I’m not sure how good is a Comfey, but I could really use a Fairy type on my team. Other than that, well, I’d say I’m good with Solomon here is a backup just in case we’ll ever lose Calamus (which I really hope will never happen).

With the Lush Jungle out of our way I start thinking forward towards my battle with Olivia (who as you’ll see will be on my mind for this entire chapter). I decide to box Bident the Charjabug for now as it won’t be very useful against Olivia and add Capitolina back in, both to keep her roughly on the same levels as the rest of the gang, and because she still has a chance to be useful in that battle. I’m also really hoping I could eventually find a Ground type move TM for Horroar the Larvitar or that he’ll naturally learn one, as it would also make him far more useful.

Next, we go back to the Dimensional Lab where we meet Lillie outside training Nebby for battle.

Now that’s adorable.

Lillie is one of my favorite pokemon game characters of all times, so much more fleshed out than most characters, and much more relatable compared to N for example who got similar “screen time” to her. (Shoutout to @Velink Silly Lillie comic who really took her adorable character to whole new places yet built on the original core, which I simply love).

A good receptionist can really make a difference... Sadly this lab doesn’t seem to have one.

We meet Professor Burnet, who in Sun didn’t have much of a role in the main game itself, though with this game being based more on the Ultra Space I wonder if it is going to change.

Oh, I didn’t remember that part. I was sure Lillie actively ran away from her mother, did she really lose her memories in the process? Or she just chose not to share this part?

We get lots of positive energies and love, and everyone seems happy and content with their place in life or where they are heading at least (which also acts as a contrast to Lillie’s and Gladion’s characters and backstory, which I like).

We are told about Ultra Wormholes, how rare and unexplained they are, and so on and so forth.

Dude, I thought you were a scientist. Don’t listen to those entries, they were probably written by a ten year old.

We are told about the Ultra Beasts, which if I remember correctly, we only fought one of in Sun. I wonder if we’ll get to encounter more in this game, I honestly know very little about them expect for how they look (which last time cost me a pokemon as I guessed wrong that damn Nihilego’s type).

After our little talk with the professor and the gang I explore the lab myself, where I find this bizarre entry in a book.

I mean, is this canon? That’s how pokemon summon rain, or is that unique to Bronzong? Gen 4 remakes confirmed :P?

And in search I find my 40th sticker, which earns me a call from the professor (man this island has a lot of professors in it. They probably all came for the “conventions” and decided to stay).

Coming soon professor! Wonder what it is going to be. The second trial was the Araquanid right? Or perhaps a Wishiwashi this time?

We then get Lille’s point of view of the story. She doesn’t speak of her time before she fled nor mentions anything about her family, but does tell us she lost her way actively looking for the professor, wanting to learn more on how to help Nebby, and collapsed while trying to find her, until Burnet and Kukui finally found her themselves and offered her to stay with them.

Oh wow, with the full context of the story I can now appreciate how deep and meaningful this sentence is to Lillie, as well as how dark and depressing it.

Here we go.

(Rubyclunnel?) I know some people find this little guy annoying, but I really like it and actually find it amusing, don’t judge me too harshly for it.

As we leave an Ultra Wormhole appears as an ominous sign of things to come (I can only assume), which I’m pretty sure also happened in my Sun run. Sadly, talented Ruby failed to screenshot it this time, so I guess you’ll have to take my word for it.

You’re still blocking my way because you are looking for lost freebies? Seriously? Well let’s go get that Totem Pokemon first.

It seems so! Give me, give me, give me!

Oh wow! Nice! I love Alolan Marowak, and am really really tempted to add it to my team. It’s level is actually reasonable, it has nice stats, and a Fire Ghost type could be really useful at this point. However, I doubt it could be of much use against Olivia. So for now, to the box, though I’ll seriously consider adding it to the rotation later on.

What?... Either that’s one of the stupidest pokedex entries I ever read, or I’m missing some clever reference/explanation here. How does being a Fire tossing Ghostly Nightmarcher version of a Dinosaur pokemon that keeps trinkets of its dead mother has anything to do with survival in the grass? Is it because Ground types are weak to Grass and Fire types are strong against it? Is Alola really extra lush compared to Kanto which is literally filled with wild grass everywhere? *shrug.

Anyway, thanks prof! I guess I have postponed it long enough, to the Diglett Tunnel!

There you are, at last!

So... are we going to fight?

It seems not, guess this tunnel isn’t fancy enough for you. Either that or you don’t trust the clerk you left to guard your shop and you’re hurrying to town. Either way, guess I’ll see you later!

Don’t mind if I do! Another possible Eeveelution I’m saving for gods know when. I mean, it’s like using TMs in the old games, I can never bring myself to do it till the very end having the feeling it’s never quite the time yet to “waste” them. If you guys want to see me use a specific Eeveelution now is the time to speak or forever hold your silence (or until next chapter, whatever you prefer).

Aether Foundation keeping the Diglett Tunnel functional for both pokemon and people. Sounds good, still can’t tell if they are the good guys who are being manipulated by a problematic person, or a selfish organization that masks their true identity by doing supposedly good acts.

And it’s these guys again. I do find the humor of always spoiling their plans by mistake, instead of like most other games in which you actively try to stop the evil team’s malicious plans. Makes me feel they probably view me as the “Team Rocket” of their own show.

That’s actually a very good question. It can also learn Sucker Punch so...

Me and Hop crash the poor skulls.

I meet Looker which I never really liked, even though it seems lots of folks do fancy him. Still he pleasantly surprises me we an actual non-conspiratory cohesive and interesting speech about the state of different crime organization around the pokemon world, and finally wins my heart with a very nice little gift.

Oooh! At first I’m really excited about being able to evolve Charjabug, but once I try and see it has no effect I realize I read somewhere this has changed in Gen 8 and used to work differently. Now to add this to the clue I was given I’m pretty sure Charjabug is a pokemon that evolves in a “Magnetic Power Field” or whatever that’s called. Oh well, too bad. Jolteon is still a very nice backup.

Hmm? Was pokemon battling an illegal activity all this time and I wasn’t aware of it? Cause that makes the game far more interesting if I may say so.

I then enter the police station where I fight an imposter policeman who is actually a Ditto!

This is technically a separate location being inside the police station so I catch the gooey guy even though I doubt I’ll ever use it. It gives me a much harder fight than I anticipated as he almost kills my poor Horroar with its own Brick Break, overlevelled Ditto can sure be dangerous. I always forget it gets the exact move set of the pokemon he mimics.

Sure, why not. Another side quest added to the list.

Route 9 is indeed short and sweet and as it seems to lack any wild grass, I try my luck fishing hoping I could get a useful Water type that I’d like to add to my team before Olivia.

Instead I get this poor excuse of a pokemon. Man, my box is filling up real fast, soon I’ll have to open a new one. The Alola games offer quite a lot of catching location for a Nuzlocke.

Speaking of which I enter yet another new catching location, another one of these memorial mounds/graveyard that seem to be common in Alola. Where my catch is...

Decay here is adorable, and I never got to use its kind. However, it completely overlaps with Calamus’s evolved typings, and it requires a trade evolution which I’m usually too lazy to do (shhh, I do have friends), so I’m most probably won’t be using it. Though never say never. A Gastly and a dupes Zubat seems to be my other options, so I guess not a great loss (don’t get me wrong, Gengar is amazing, I just used it quite a lot before and it also requires a trade and has a bit of redundant typing as well).

That’s an interesting little fact. Makes me want to have an Alola based game that takes place back in the ancient days.

Right...

As I clear the graveyard fighting every mourning individual I can find, humiliating them near the graves of their beloved one, I’m faced with what must be the ugliest Furfrou form I ever seen.

To my shock though it seems unnatural selection has prevailed over evolution as my poor Capitolina the mighty wolf didn’t stand a chance against this well trained... dog? I then switch to Gabriela, who still requires 4 full Brick Breaks to take this beast down. She then sends out a Comfey who also gives me quite a lot of trouble, until my amazing and beloved Snare the Arbok takes it down (Snare is without the doubt the surprise of this run so far).

After the battle Gabriela finally learns Flying Press (which I’m pretty sure I understand how it works, though it does confuse me every time. So it gets STAB bonus from both types up to 200% and has the resistance/weakness profile of both a Flying and a Fighting move combined?). Horroar also learns Thrash which I teach it even though I really hope I won’t have to use it.

And just when I think I cleared this area and I can finally head to the shop and challenge Olivia, I find yet another new location:

Alola is sure large and versatile, not complaining.

Nice! That’s the first game where they heavily buffed this move, that much I do remember.

I fight a lone Karate master doing katas on his free time in this fine weather. I love how they actually animated his moves, really brings life into him instead of all these NPCs just standing around staring into the void.

And once I defeat him, I step into the wild grass where my catch is...

Nice! I love Nosepass and Probopass (unlike most people it seems). I just think they are really loyal to their lore inspiration, have a very magical/alien design, and have a cryptic appearance to them. I also like Claydol for the same reason, and seem to be in a minority opinion here as well.

But once more, this is yet another Rock type, which I have way too many of. Seriously, I’m drowning in good Rock types I want to use. Makes me wonder if one could do a Rock Monolocke in Alola, or maybe its just my biased blind impression.

What Other Catches Ruby could have gotten?

You surely ask yourself. Well lots of faces we’ve seen before like Wingull, Stuffull, and Gumshoos, but I also saw a Natu which actually could have been nice. Still, Nosepass is a very solid pokemon (pun intended), and I can see myself using one if needed, just for the fact Probopass is also a very powerful Steel type, it has great coverage, and it is also Sturdy.

I reach the local ruins which seem to be a dead end, and so at last I finally go back and head towards:

Konikoni City

This might be one of the most beautiful cities and overall locations in the entirety of Alola, I just love the vibrant main street of this city (which is most of the city to be honest). Really reminds me of my trip to Southeast Asia (especially beautiful Hoian). Can’t wait for the Gen 7 remakes to virtually wander around this place.

I go store by store, stocking up on anything that I can find.

Give me one of these, and a few of these thank you.

A useful TM store, and they are all 10,000 pokeyen only! Well if you know me, you know what’s going to happen next.

Don’t mind if I do! Taught Aerial Ace to Baghnakh the Alolan Persian (Man, Technician is a strong ability), replaced Snare’s Acid with Venoshock (even though I did enjoy the fact it damages both sides of the opponent’s battlefield, 40 damage is just too low). And most importantly - gave Bulldoze (and Soft Sand while I’m at it) to Horroar, finally using its temporary Ground type to the fullest and giving me yet another good option against Olivia.

Another side-quest added to the list.

And at last, I find Olivia’s store, and again, she keeps avoiding me.

*sigh, oh well, while I’m at it I check out the store itself.

Oh wow, and it seems to be offering fossils from every generation! Which means I can get any fossil pokemon I want. Was that the same in pokemon Sun as I honestly don’t remember it. Yet another option for a powerful Rock type. Hmm, I think I’ll wait with that and keep it for later. Noted in the list in case I forget. This Rock Monolocke is becoming more and more likely.

I defeat a dude who can’t find the courage to speak to his beloved one and somehow thanks to our battle finds it (only to be turned down by her), catch the first of the notorious “Ditto Five” (sounds like a Tarantino movie to me), and decide I had enough and head to the Ruins of Life, eager to fight Olivia once and for all!

On our way we are once more blocked by Team Skull, and I have to fight them instead of lazy Faba (now this guy is clearly supposed to be a “bad” character, that’s for sure).

And as we almost get there, we are blocked by yet another character, it’s like no one wants us to challenge Olivia today. Dudes, this update is getting a bit too long, let me reach her already!

This time it’s Plumeria who I actually kind of like. I love her design (look at that magnificent hair), her attitude, and the fact she chose to hang out with Team Skull despite of their obvious weaknesses, because she enjoys being part of this group of misfits so much.

She gave me a surprisingly tough battle, opening with her Golbat who kept confusing my team, until at last Horroar managed to take it down with his Rock Slide (I added Horroar to the team hoping to grind it up and not expecting much of him, but so far he really pulled his own weight and more). He then continued to Bulldoze the poor Salandit to death from full health and win us the battle.

At last, we arrive at the ruins of life, where we meet Lillie and Nebby. You have to wonder what’s going on in Nebby’s mind at this point. How much of his past memories does he retain? In fact, I’m still not sure to this point whether Nebby is the offspring of the legendary guardians of Alola or some reincarnation of them. I should have listened more carefully throughout all those cutscenes in Sun.

Halleluiah!

(I’d love to get ready? What sort of answer is that? The sort you later curse yourself for answering, like when someone tell you “safe travels” before you go to a trip and you answer “you too!” out of instinct. *ahem, anyway).

Let’s Rock!!!

(Ok sadly I lost the exact log of this battle because of stupid “Word” which is super annoying, so some of the details here might be a bit off than how they were like some of the exact HP numbers... apologies in advance! However, I’m sort of proud I managed to remember all of the the battle itself, more or less, even after one day has passed since I played it.

Bottom line, this is a ~90% accurate description of the battle).

Anorith lvl 27 vs Horroar the Larvitar level 29

Anorith used Metal Claw 27/73 Geez! That’s not a crit, very bad start

Horroar used Rockslide, Anorith survived on 1 HP!!! What the... come on...

Bad bad start. No point in healing, and it is faster than me, so I have to switch. Thanks for you help Horroar, so it was so fast.

Horroar return, Go Baghnakh! Lvl 28 Alolan Persian.

Anorith used Metal Claw 65/83 HP.

Baghnakh used Fake Out, Anorth has fainted. 1 Down, 2 to go.

Olivia sends out Lileep lvl 27. So that’s your theme? Fossil mons? I'm almost sure she had a different team on her Sun run, though I might be wrong.

Baghnakh used bite ~4/5 HP, wow that didn’t do a lot.

Lileep used Giga Drain. 43/86 HP. Oh no... That’s a lot of damage... Who should I switch to? Calamus will win me one turn assuming it will use Giga Drain once more. It is 2X weak to Rock which is risky, but I believe in you buddy.

Go Calamus lvl 29 Dartix.

Lileep used Giga Drain 89/94 HP. Nice.

Calamus used Grass Pledge ~3/4 HP (that’s all?).

Lileep used Ancient Power 69/89 HP. Ok so at least it didn’t do a lot. Ancient Power can be really risky as we know, but I think I’ll stay in for now.

Calamus used Grass Pledge ~2/5 HP.

Lileep used Ancient Power 50/94.

Grass Pledge ~1/5 HP.

Ancient Power 29/94 HP.

Hmm what now. Heal perhaps and use the slow pace of the battle? Her next pokemon will be her ace and will surely have a Z-Rock move so I don’t think I could leave Calamus against it, so healing it won’t be of much use. Perhaps I should heal Horroar? Nah, let’s stick healing Calamus and play it safe, don’t won’t to get a crit here.

Used Moomoo Milk on Calamus, 94/94 HP (first item used).

Lileep used Ancient Power, 76/94 HP, buff kicks in and all its stats go up! Oh no! Could I still take it in one hit? Let’s try!

Calamus used Grass Pledge, Lileep is down, nice! Last pokemon:

Olivia sends out Dusk form Lycanroc lvl 28. Ah, I should have suspected.

Should I stay in? Grass Pledge Z move on this thing could be useful. But it’s too risky. Who to switch to? If only Horroar wasn’t wounded...

Calamus great job, return. Go Snare! (for the Intimidate debuff).

Lycanroc used Bite 64/82 HP.

My health is high enough to take a Z-Move, I’ll Glare at it.

Lycnaroc used Bite 47/82, Snare flinched, arg come one! Won’t risk that Z-Move...

Used Super Potion on Snare, 82/82 (second item used).

Lycnaroc used Bite, 64/82 HP. Second try at Glare.

Lycanroc used Bite, 45/82 HP, Snare flinched. Arg! Heal again? Yeah...

Used Super Potion on Snare, 82/82 (third item used).

Lycanroc used Bite 64/82 HP.

Lycanroc used Bite 47/82, Snare used flinch, come on! I had it, that’s supposed to be enough health and I’m wasting all my heals. Snare, Glare!!!

Lycanroc used Bite 17/82, critical hit! (*gulp)

Snare used Glare, Lyncaroc is paralyzed. Finally.

Enough, Snare return, go Gabriela the Hawlucha lvl 29.

Used Full heal, Lycanroc is no longer paralyzed. Hmm, after all that?

Let’s try a Z move? Who knows, might even take it down in one if I’m lucky enough.

Gabriela, use All-Out Pummeling!

Lyncanroc is down to 0 from full health, the battle is won!

Oh wow.

Hooray! Great job Gabriela, Calamus, Snare and Horroar!

There were a few tense moments, I won’t deny it, still that was much easier than I expected. Once more like in my first grand trial the Kahuna refuses to use the Z-Move on me. So far, I have to say the Totem battles are much harder than the Kahuna battles.

And it seems our next stop is the Aether Foundation facility. I vaguely remember that on my Sun run, the minute I arrived I entered a really hard battle. (Though a deadly surprise battle happened to me twice in my Sun run if I remember, once with Hau and once with that Ultra Beast, I can’t remember which was exactly when). Anyway I better heal up my team and get ready. See you next time when we finally meet Lillie’s glorious and notorious mother.

Active Team: Calamus the Dartix lvl 5-29 Male, Snare the Arbok lvl 10-30 Male, Baghnakh the Alolan Persian lvl 8-29 Female, Capitolina the Lycanroc lvl 13-28 Female, Gabriela the Hawlucha lvl 9-29 Female and Horroar the Larvitar lvl 22-29 Male.

Currently In Rotation: Bident the Charjabug lvl 4-27 Male.

Lullaby the Slowpoke lvl 6-16 Male and Loamare the Mudbray lvl 14-23 Female.

Charm the Mime JR. lvl 7. Ope’ape’a the Zubat lvl 6. Nibble the Yungoos lvl 10, Maxilla the Mawile lvl 13, Darwin the Oricorio lvl 12, Yukinko the Smoochum lvl 9, Astray the Drifloom lvl 6-14, Riddle the Totem Gumshoos lvl 20, Poly the Eevee lvl 14, Hatchling the Eevee lvl 1, Nectar the Metapod lvl 15, Weeper the Dewpider lvl 17, Gorgonzola the Alolan Rattata lvl 16, Regina the Magikarp lvl 16, Ray the Fletchling lvl 19, Dagon the Finneon lvl 18, Icarus the Wingull lvl 17, ManO’War the Tentacool lvl 18, Brigade the Wishiwashi lvl 14, Roosevelt the Stufful lvl 20, Solomon the Fomantis lvl 20, Maui the Totem Alolan Marowak lvl 25, Officer the Ditto lvl 29, Amor the Luvdisc lvl 11, Decay the Phanump lvl 24, and Mana the Nosepass lvl 22

Show a Corsola to a dude in the Route 5 Pokecenter.

Senior citizens’ reunion in Heahea city.

Checking on the Alolan Vulpix in Route 8.

An encounter in the Tunnel before Route 8.

Check the pokepelgo once in a while.

Show the Aether Foundation worker a Natu in Konikoni City.

Fossil pokemon in Konikoni City on Olivia’s store.

Last edited:

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Nice work, that many flinches on Snare? Yikes good luck on the next island

pikasphere

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 30, 2019
Seeing Alola so full of life makes me miss gen 7 already. Konikoni City really stood out to me as well, but honestly Alola as a whole is just memorable.

That Olivia fight went well! I wonder why no one has used any Z moves yet, but I guess that's a good thing.

With the next island on the horizon, the game will finally start to ramp up, so get ready.

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Good job with the totem battle! The third Island has some pretty challenging fights on it, so good luck!

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Blind Ultra Sun? You're a braver man than me :ohdear:
I've heard it's arguably the hardest game in the series...unfortunately I don't really have any advice because I still haven't played it yet :c
hat said, so far it looks like things are going pretty well, and the team is looking great! Hopefully it continues going smoothly!

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019

This time it’s Plumeria who I actually kind of like. I love her design (look at that magnificent hair), ...
Ouch my eyes.

Well at least your battling prowess overshadows your questionable taste in women, Ruby!

Nice job with that Olivia showdown and her allusion to coal yielding diamonds pleases my inner highschool geology nerd. And Horroar lives to see another update!

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
You put an incredibly good show there, buddy! That Ditto-whole thingy actually scares me...you could imagine they mimicking other people while you didn't know where the real one was...and also, that Officer Ditto just one of them.

Onward to next island I guess? Get your ground type mons ready for the next Trial because what I can say is the totem INCREDIBLY WEAK against them, good luck!

Last edited:

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Wow, I never did the choose your own adventure book you found! I’m not sure if I just never found it or just skipped it when I came across it, but I’ll be sure to do it on my next playthrough! Good point about the Aether Foundation, I honestly never gave them much thought outside Lusamine. I wonder how much they support her actions. Ooh, nice Larvitar! Another Pokemon I’ve never used; I don’t blame you for putting him on the team right away. Wow, Calamus did so great against Lurantis! Oh man I’ve never heard of enemy pokemon having unlimited PP before, I hope that’s not true!

I love Lillie as a character also- definitely one of my favorites (although I am an N fan through and through!). And wow that is an odd dex entry for Marowak, good catch! And great job against Olivia, especially Gabriela! What a struggle with all that flinching and with that dastardly AncientPower boost!

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
First of all, an apology for taking so long to get this update posted. We’ve recently moved to a new apartment, and if any of you had any experience with that you probably know how much work and nerves this involves. But at last, we are at stationed at our wonderful new home, with Wi-Fi, a working PC, an unpacked 3DS I’ve finally found among the boxes, ready to continue our journey through Ultra Alola (and post the gameplay I actually played almost a month ago!). Oh and also, happy holidays!

(Also on an unrelated note check out my new avatar made by the talented @mewstein :hello: )

@redninjapuffle - Thanks! Yep, poor thing didn’t have enough time to catch its own breath! But we have prevailed, and are ready for our next challenges.

@pikasphere - I agree, 3DS Alola might have much smaller geography and limited paths but it still feels far more alive than Switch Galar. So many parts of it feel like a labor of love where the deseigner really did their best to condense as much style and content in its limited area. *gulp, I’ll do my best. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

@Alba Corbina - Thank you very much! Oh dear, I hope I’m ready. Man, I’m playing a somewhat casual fun Nuzlocke run of Sword as well these days and the differences in difficulty between the two games is plain ridiculous. Ultra Sun is starting to become one of my favorite all time Pokemon games.

@Skarmizard - Hi there Skarmizard! Great to have you here. Well, hope I won’t regret this attempt, but I’ll do my best to survive or at least get as far as I can. Another run for the Hall of Fame. Thanks so much! I really like my team (including the rotation) even though it is quite unusual, hope we’ll make it.

@mewstein - Different strokes I guess :P, I do find her style intriguing. Thanks! And, well, I won’t say anything else and let you enjoy this update and see for yourself.

@Arie Kazami - Thank you so much! I did my best, and luckily it worked. Yeah the pokemon world has some really dark sides to it that are rarely talked about, and Ditto is sure one of them (like the Detective Pikachu movie showed I guess). Oh, I really wish I had a ground pokemon in my box, it is probably the type I need most. Poor Loamare the Mudbray was such a brave girl.

@Spectacles - I love finding those little gems the programmers left for us, and the “choose your own adventure” book is a great example of that in my opinion. Yep, my team is really pulling through so far, Calamus surprising me again and again along with the others, especially Snare. Thanks a lot once more! Really hope my future battles will go as well as this one (even though I had some tense moments in it for sure).

Part 10 - Take Me Down to the Paradise City

We’ll open this chapter with a little rotation switch, poor loyal Bident the Charjabug who was with us since the very beginning was left out of the team recently because of Olivia, so I decided to box Capitolina again for now and give him some time to shine. Don’t worry Capitolina, I promise you this is once more, only temporary (I must be honest, rotation strategy takes an unexpected emotional toll out of me).

And now, with Olivia down, it was finally time to move on to the next island. But as is tradition, I decided to first make sure I cleared as many of the mini quests as I could before I leave this place. Let’s go check the useful little shopping list I made just for that (based also on your thankful tips, as is the next example):

“An encounter in the Tunnel before Route 8.”

Sure, why not, I never say no to a free pokemon. Let’s see what we’ll get:

Oh well, I probably won’t be using Hugh here unless something truly terrible happens, though you can cheese some interesting strategies with his kind and he does have a really good move pool from what I remember.

Ok, what’s next on the list?

“Checking on the Alolan Vulpix in Route 8”

Sure, that’s pretty close. Alolan Nintales is probably my favorite Alolan Form of them all. Perhaps I’ll be given this little guy if I insist hard enough?

*sigh, oh well, I guess that’s what’s best for you little one. Roam free! Anything else I can do that doesn’t require me to catch a specific pokemon I don’t have?

I guess can I restore a fossil pokemon but as I mentioned before I have enough good Rock types already. I gave the Pokepelgo some love, but I don’t have anything special to report from there.

“Senior citizens’ reunion in Heahea city.”

Now this one drove me crazy as I couldn’t find the last missing old folk. Oh well, I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

And with all that out of the way, it is time to go meet Lillie’s mother! One of the classiest Pokemon Villains out there (though I admit I have a soft spot to all villains and always had one ever since childhood).

Umm but how do I get there?

*goes back and reads the last chapter.

Right right, The Hano Grand Hotel resort, let’s see what awaits us there.

I witness... an interesting wedding. Not here to judge, spread the love I guess (though again it raises the timeless question of how sentient pokemon really are - enough to wed each other but not enough to be avoided as food and battle pets?).

And got a nice little gift in return (once more, I find it really hard to decide which items/Z Crystals to give to my team, which I guess is a good thing which shows there is a level of strategy to it).

I then witness yet another bizarre scene in which an over enthusiastic fan bothers a Pikachu movie star. As the hero I obviously am, I decide to step in and help the poor celebrity whose precious free time is hurt by this inconsiderate non-celebrity excuse of a person.

And then I realized I’m locked into a very dangerous battle. With Bidnet outside and this potential Rollout beast I decided to switch out to Horroar thinking he’ll tank it the best. I only then realize what a mistake that was as it Double Kicked critical hit kills Horroar... (I’m almost certain that’s what happens, I didn’t keep the log to what move it used, but I do remember the surprise as I lost my beloved Horroar...).

Damn me... Not Horroar. I was so happy when I first saw you and managed to catch you, and you proved to be quite useful even in your unevolved form. I promised you I’ll do my best to keep you until the end and manage to evolve you and for the first time use a Tyranitar, but I failed you... One level before you evolved (I went and checked after it died...). Rest in peace my little monster, I’ll never forget you, and all the potential you had and I failed to fulfil.

And in retrospect I’m pretty sure I should have switched either to Snare or Gabriela. *sigh

Speaking of which. Gabriela my love... avenge!!!

I’m too depressed to think of a witty response, just go away please.

Game Freak, I’m not sure mocking one of the basic columns of democracy is something an international kid’s game should be doing. Though Freedom of Speech does allow it so...

Yay, “I sacrificed one of my most beloved pokemon to help a rich pokemon and got a useless Z Crystal in return”. Sounds like something I should print on a T-Shirt.

*Takes a long breath. Moving on!

I go to the beach near the resort which is considered a separate location, which means a new encounter of course.

Sure, fun little mini quest, why not. And while we’re here let’s get ourselves a new pokemon. And our encounter is...

Nice, one of my favorite Water pokemon to use in a Kanto run, and a really solid Water and Psychic type pokemon, both of which can be good for my team. And with a good nature. I don’t really need you currently on the team, but you are a prime candidate for rotation later on.

Nice.

What other catches Ruby could have gotten?

Well, it’s a sea route, so it’s hard to say. Lots of common sea pokemon such as Wingull, Finneon and Tentacool. But I did see a Sandygast which at first didn’t feel like much of a miss with Calamus eventually turning into a Ghost type, but in retrospect could have been a great Ground type for the team. Oh well, Staryu is still a valuable pokemon and an overall good catch.

I then enter the warm waters and surf on, fighting my way through many swimmers. I decide it’s a good time to give Bident some love and let it Electrify some poor unsuspecting Water type, including this horrible beast which gave us quite a fight.

It all goes well until I meet a swimmer with a Pyukumuku. I suspect nothing, order Bident to hit it with all of its Electrical powers, get it down to half its health.

And then, it uses Counter.

Barely 15 minutes of gameplay after the death of Horroar I lose Bident, one of my oldest pokemon, to a counter. I mean, yeah, it is a blind run. And yeah, I didn’t know/remember that sea cucumber from hell knew that move, but still, I started blanky into the screen in disbelief for a few moments. Got my revenge with Calamus (which was also a tiny bit scary).

And just called it a day and let my 3DS rest for a few days before I picked it up again (and used my limited gameplay time for less stressful games, like the dynastic murders of CK3).

I was heartbroken, until this point I only had 2 death, and now I’m up to 4. This game is keeping more on my toes.

I buried Bident, feeling once more a huge miss for not being able to use its evolved form much like in the case of Horroar, killing it in the prime of its life, and set down to do some hard thinking. Who should I add to my team?

First Capitolina left rotation and immediately joined the team, that was an easy one (and I technically did it just as Horroar died temporarily anyway).

Usually, I go with pokemon I love and build my team around them, but at this moment with a team of 5 and having lots of coverage problems so far, let’s allow ourselves to be a little cold and logical at this point. Who would be the best choice from my current options?

Looking at my team two types could be really useful to get more coverage: Most of all Ground, but
secondly Fairy. Ice and Water could be useful as well, but not as useful, still we need to choose a pokemon not a type, and we have to take lots of things into consideration when doing that.

Sadly though looking at my pokemon I don’t have a single (living) Fairy or Ground type pokemon. No wait a minute, I have Mime Jr., which is usable I guess. I also have an Eevee I can evolve into Sylveon which is extremely tempting. However, grinding Hatcling my Quite nature Eevee from level 1 sounds quite hellish. Still, I never got to use a Sylveon which could be awesome to try (I never even evolved an Eevee into one and I know only in theory how it works). Hmm if only Loamare my Mudbray was alive.

Ok, it is settled, let’s give one of my Eevees a go. Hatchling! (I gotta change his name and fast), let’s make you into a Sylveon!

Now that’ better. Let’s grind!

After one battle, it leveled up to level 7. As I’m pretty sure I mentioned but I just love this moment when you take an extremely low leveled pokemon and let it get its first taste of exp and it jumps in so many levels at once.

Sugar, Spice,

And everything nice.

Tada! Not my favorite Eeeveelution, but you can’t deny it is adorable as hell.

Shut up! Don’t judge me. We are fabulous.

And after a lot more grinding...

Woohoo! Now back to the resort.

And for the perfect humiliation - gently picking up the creatures that killed my poor Bident and putting them back into the sea, for some pocket money. Kids, that’s capitalism for you.

But hi, who doesn’t love money? Pappa needs a new TM!

Yeah sorry, life's been busy.

I never really liked or understood your character. Poor thing, you really suffer from bad writing, almost makes me feel bad for you.

He’s the classical children’s show villain who “hates children and thinks they are inferior to adults and therefore should suffer” for some reason. I mean, did you ever in life meet someone like that? Quite a cardboard bad guy if you ask me. But we already discussed that as well.

Anyway, give me a few moments Faba to clear this place out and I’ll be joining you.

Right, this troubling scene, I remember it from my Sun run. Not sure what’s more wrong here - The two girls who are creepily and quite aggressively hitting on a Machamp, or the dude wearing the Machamp costume to get their attention (the dude, definitely the dude).

Defeated both their Oricorios who actually gave us quite a fight (not sure why I’m still surprised that many of the trainer battles in this game are actually somewhat challenging. I guess it must be years of playing over-easy pokemon games).

And got this TM thanks to Game Freak’s troubling sense of humor. You know Attract is one of those moves I’m never sure if and when to use. I mean practically every pokemon can learn it, but which ones should? I’d love to hear your thoughts about it (Comment, subscribe, click the little bell below, and leave a like! No, seriously, if you have any strategical thoughts from your experience I’d love to hear).

Fought a few more pokemon, got a few more freebies.

Learned a life lesson or two from the experts (I’m not sure if this is supposed to be a feminist message or not, but if that’s the case that is definitely a swing and a miss).

Anyway...

To Aether Paradise!

Yeah Hau it’s a pretty cool concept called buoyancy. You see when you take an empty chamber filled with air and...

I’m pretty sure that’s false Hau. The amount of energy it will take for them to literally lift this island by themselves, and considering the food you’ll need to give them. But no matter, yeah Hau, sure, its the pokemon. Now can we leave already?

Hooray, we made it!

It’s good to see some decent kind and ideological folks are also working in the Aether Foundation. Still makes me thinks the majority, or at least a solid backbone of the company, is driven by doing good and was only swayed by Lusamine herself over time.

Speaking of which.

(I’m still a bit angry about you killing some of my favorite pokemon in my Sun run. I do really hope that won’t happen again).

G.o.T flashbacks.

And as we chat on about her age and Hau embarrasses himself as always. This happens:

Will it be Nihilego once more or another Ultra Beast?

Nihilego it is. Well, last time you cost me a pokemon, let’s make sure this won’t happen again. Go Gabriela, use your Z-Move!

Man that thing is bulky!

Ah! And deadly. We exchanged blows while I stopped to heal a two times, and then, it just disappeared in the middle of battle, didn’t even get to faint it. Can’t remember if it was the same last time or not. But hi, we made it alive thanks to the amazing Gabriela once more, not complaining here.

Ooh they have their Space Goggles off, and they are awfully purple, and strangely adorable.

Finally, a proper question.

That’s really cool, Ultra Sun keeps surprising me.

Oh.

Oh!

Ok two things I must say here at things point: A) Wow! So it is confirmed that in this universe there are parallel worlds in which other intelligent human like beings live, they have been attacked by this giant alien godly being who sort of destroyed their world and “stole their light”, and came here. AND EVERYONE IS JUST FINE WITH THAT?! I mean yeah, it’s pokemon, spiritual pet monsters open Black Holes every other day, and 10 years old kids save the world, but still, this has to be huge right?

But putting that aside we have come to B). Necrozma. Ok, full disclosure - I know there is a major threat in these games, a battle that is supposed to be extremely unfair and possibly game ending, somewhere near the end of the game yet not in the very end (as I said this is a mainly Blind run but I have picked a few things from the forums and other pokemon sources over the years, no matter how hard I tried to avoid it, which is obvious for a 3 years old game). I’m pretty sure this battle is against this Necrozma (not entirely sure, but it makes the most sense). But I have no idea what types this Necrozma is, when you fight it, what moves it has, and anything about the story and lore of it. So Please Avoid Spoilers as usual of course, but also note to myself - I really need to fish as much information as I can from the game itself about this being as I have a feeling I need to be ready to fight it or I’ll lose. I also assume that because people speak of this moment as being so deadly that Necrozma is a fast sweeper with high Attack/Special Attack and will require me to be creative, but that’s just a total guess honestly. Anyway, back to the plot.

I sure hope Lusamine.

Famous last words.

That’s it? We barely got to see the place. Oh well.

That doesn’t seem really fair to Hau... But knowing him he probably feels the same for me.

I do like this fact about Alola, even though it makes the islands themselves feel a bit small and incomplete at times, the constant change of scenery is quite nice and every island is a new mini game of sort.

And as we arrive, we are almost immediately offered to battle Hau. I remember this battle from my Sun run, and it was quite challenging. Hopefully I’m ready, let’s see what you got Hau!

A team of five, that’s already an impressive start.

Hau opens with his starter which is an interesting choice as rivals usually save them for later. I open with Snare. Intimidate kicks in though I doubt it will be very helpful. Snare Glares at Brionne and paralyzes it.

And then Brionne uses its Z-Move!

Snares survives, but very deeply into the red (look at the innocent look of that deadly thing). If I was just a bit more wounded that would have probably been his end.

I switch to Calamus for a starter vs starter battle. I use this advantage to set a Light Screen, while Brionne keeps Bubble Beaming me until my speed eventually decreases. As I get a nice amount of damage on it he wisely switches mid battle into his Flareon.

Man the AI in this game is good! AI rarely ever switches.

I obviously switch out as well, this time into Capitolina for a canine battle. The battle is fierce but Capitolina is the top dog.

Hau then sends back his Brionne and I switch back to Calamus. I once more set up a Light Screen and then finish her off.

Next he sends out a Noibat, I decide to switch back to Capitolina once more who sets Stealth Rock and takes down that annoying critter straight out of the sky.

Next Hau sends out his impressive Alolan Raichu. I switch out to Baghnakh to predict a Psychic move and indeed it is immune to it.

Baghnakh finishes him off with her mighty Technician Bites, and Hau sends out his last pokemon - Tauros. I’m a bit afraid of a possible Fighting type move and decided to use this opportunity to send out Snare to decrease its attack with Intimidate.

We exchange a blow or two including a Glare but Tauros’s damage is still really high even after the Intimidate, so I decide not to risk it and switch to Gabriela. I then use my very own Z-Move!

Gabriella is such an MVP.

You and me both buddy. Great Battle!

Ok now that makes a lot more sense than a Psychic TM for some food. Thanks man!

That’s really interesting. So she could only hold and use it once she will know Stone Edge? I really hope I’ll manage to keep her alive long enough for that.

And this seems like the perfect place to end this part. Hope you enjoyed, once more, sorry for taking so long with this update. Here’s the current team:

No one is currently in rotation but I am considering adding a mon or two back to the rotation as it really helped me so far. If you have any thoughts about that I’d love to hear them.

And see you guys next time when we explore Ula’ ula island!

Active Team: Calamus the Dartix lvl 5-31 Male, Snare the Arbok lvl 10-31 Male, Baghnakh the Alolan Persian lvl 8-31 Female, Capitolina the Lycanroc lvl 13-30 Female, Gabriela the Hawlucha lvl 9-30 Female and Alvin the Sylveon lvl 1-29 Male.

Currently in Rotation: No one officially. Considering Staryu and Alolan Marowak.

Lullaby the Slowpoke lvl 6-16 Male, Loamare the Mudbray lvl 14-23 Female, Horroar the Larvitar lvl 22-29 Male, and Bident the Charjabug lvl 4-30 Male.

Charm the Mime JR. lvl 7. Ope’ape’a the Zubat lvl 6. Nibble the Yungoos lvl 10, Maxilla the Mawile lvl 13, Darwin the Oricorio lvl 12, Yukinko the Smoochum lvl 9, Astray the Drifloom lvl 6-14, Riddle the Totem Gumshoos lvl 20, Poly the Eevee lvl 14, Nectar the Metapod lvl 15, Weeper the Dewpider lvl 17, Gorgonzola the Alolan Rattata lvl 16, Regina the Magikarp lvl 16, Ray the Fletchling lvl 19, Dagon the Finneon lvl 18, Icarus the Wingull lvl 17, ManO’War the Tentacool lvl 18, Brigade the Wishiwashi lvl 14, Roosevelt the Stufful lvl 20, Solomon the Fomantis lvl 20, Maui the Totem Alolan Marowak lvl 25, Officer the Ditto lvl 29, Amor the Luvdisc lvl 11, Decay the Phanump lvl 24, Mana the Nosepass lvl 22, Hugh the Kecleon lvl 18 and Ishtar the Staryu level 25

Show a Corsola to a dude in the Route 5 Pokecenter.

Senior citizens’ reunion in Heahea city.

Check the pokepelgo once in a while.

Show the Aether Foundation worker a Natu in Konikoni City.

Fossil pokemon in Konikoni City on Olivia’s store.

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Sorry to see you lose two Pokémon in one update; this game can be brutal.

All I’ll say about the big Necrozma fight is that whatever level you think you should be for that fight, be at least five levels higher than that.

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
not Horrar, I was hoping he would make it to the end
You are right about something, the thing is a sweeper, a deadly one with a nasty ability which I won't spoil
Good luck in the future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)