• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Play by Post Corrupt A Wish

Thread Description
Unleash your inner leprechaun

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Granted, you now find job hunting such a sleeping-inducing process that you frequently face-plant into your keyboard while you write your application letters. Hence many of your potential employers receive:

"Dear Mr. Walmart,
I am interested in applying for the advertised position of store cleeeeeeeopfggrgsgggreggggggggggggg....."

I wish Netflix would turn Bad Apples into a show.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Granted. They make a really bad low budgeted soap opera very VERY loosely based on it, and as it is based on your run you can't help yourself and watch all 500 awful chapters of it, and lose interest in your own run (Also you don't get royalties as no watches it). Thanks Netflix...

I wish I could sleep 3 hours a day and still be healthy and not tired throughout the day.

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Granted, but to achieve immortality your idol made a pact with the Rock ‘n Roll Devil - he still believes he is the world’s greatest guitarist, but in reality can now only play the ukulele very, VERY badly. And nobody has the heart to tell him. Poor Jimi.

I wish I could transform into a raven at will (it would be so convenient compared to commuting to work every day!)

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Granted, though you forgot to ask for the ability to transform back. You're a raven now, enjoy life. No need to fly to work anymore.

I wish I had a pet Charmander.

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
Granted. A million cookies fall on top of you and crush you to death. Now they're covered in strawberry jam!

I wish I would go outside more often.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Granted, but you get quite a nasty bit of sunburn from going outside more often. Good luck with that!

I wish I was a magical girl.

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She and they in no particular order, he very rarely; I'm beginning to think that I'm gender-fluid or flux. I have no clue, and I'm probably overthinking this.
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
You get your wish, but your skirt keeps exploding. It just doesn't want to be.

I wish I had a great graphic design job.

MarkedInStone

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
Yes, but all of your co-workers hate you and make life there a living hell.

I wish I could walk on water, Super Mario Galaxy Ice Mario-style.

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Congratulations, you body now has a lower density than water, so you can walk on the surface without sinking. Unfortunately, you now weigh about as much as a sheet of paper, so the slightest breath of wind is enough to knock you over.

I wish I owned the winning ticket for the next EuroMillions draw...

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
Granted, but that week's Euromillion's draw is suspended midway through due to allegations of someone using dubious means to acquire the winning ticket and rig the contest. Next week's draw uses completely different ticket numbers

I wish that everything I drew came to life

silvercoffee

Concept Artist | Digital Illustrator
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him/My Man
Pokémon Type
Water
Granted, but you'll automatically trade in 10 actual human souls for each thing you drew.

I wish my eyes will stop hurting.

LucarioOfLegends

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Granted, you're eyes will no longer hurt. However, you now have an astigmatism that makes everything you see look 5 feet to the left.

LucarioOfLegends

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Whoopsie doo I wish I wouldn't forget a pattern.

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Granted, you can recall every chess board or swatch of plaid you ever encountered. However, you can no longer remember people’s faces.

I wish global warming was no longer happening, but England retained its current Mediterranean temperatures...

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She and they in no particular order, he very rarely; I'm beginning to think that I'm gender-fluid or flux. I have no clue, and I'm probably overthinking this.
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
Your wish is granted, but suddenly, trees attack London! Bonsai!

I wish news media were less biased and took more care in their research.

Last edited:

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Granted. Unfortunately, no matter how much research reporters do in their stories, to YOU every news story will all look like half-assed clickbate rushed out in an attempt to appeal to the masses, even if all the evidence indicates that what they're saying is true. If someone attempts to point this out, you say? Well, then you double down on your ineptitude and insist that everything made is fake news.

I wish I had the power to manipulate water.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Granted, but you are only able to do this with a garden hose and it never stops looking incredibly silly. Also, no one believes you are manipulating the water because you're using the hose and you get laughed at by everyone.

I wish that alcohol was never invented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)