• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed. Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Serious Coronavirus Public Discussion

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Coworker's husband tested positive, so they're gonna be out for the next two weeks at least. Which is fun, because they're the only evening person available on Tuesdays besides me, so I guess I'm gonna be running three departments on my own for the foreseeable future. No word on their status, either, so we might be down even more people and for longer at this rate. Gonna have to see if the pharmacy is open and has any tests in stock after my shift.

Sakurah

"izzat the dinner bell, dinner bellin'?"
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/They (Any is fine tho')
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has an overactive imagination, this Pokemon always comes up with new headcanons and story ideas. While they start projects, they rarely finish them.
So it's been a little while since mask mandates went back up, and as usual, a lot of people are ignoring it and no one's really doing anything about it. :/ Also events are still a thing and people are still gathering, so...

Sadly, I can't expect much out of people these days, so I'm still treating my situation like it's a real lockdown: staying home as much as possible and masking up when I'm going out. Got a lot of weird looks out of it, but thankfully no one has the nerve to harass me about it. Also I made myself a small exception regarding doing food delivery is that if I see a small store I'm going to pick up from is packed to the gills, I'm hitting either the drive-thru if it has one or I'm just dumping the order. My mom and I may be fully vaccinated, but we're not taking any chances.

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
Freedom Day has arrived in New South Wales, which means that I'll be allowed to visit my grandparents again. That said, even though I've been double vaccinated, I plan to be as careful as I can be regarding the virus, which means continuing to wear those masks and sanitising my hands after each location I go to. It helps when today, let alone this weekday, had been forecasted to rain, so the only plan I have these days, besides walking, is planning what I need to get for my work days.

On top of that, I might finally be able to see my youngest brother again on the weekend. I missed him, and I can't wait to see him again.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
A lower dose of the Pfizer vaccine was approved for the 5-11 age group yesterday. I'm sure a lot of parents have been looking forward too it (and even some of the kids themselves, from the news I've been reading). This should hopefully jack up the vaccination percentage (currently around 58%), but I'm still not optimistic that it'll be over until sometime next year if we're lucky.

Honestly, at this point I'm just tired of it. I just don't get why people are really stupid enough to not want to end a pandemic that's killed 5 million people globally and 750,000 here in the US (and those are just the confirmed numbers, so it's probably way higher, and that doesn't even account for indirect deaths).
I do feel like things are closer to normal (or at least the "new normal") than they have been in a year and a half, but...I just want it to be over.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
And now we have this stupid omicron variant that looks like it might drag things back to the worst point, especially with winter coming...
I’m thinking about getting a booster shot just to be safe, especially since it’s been 7 months since my second shot.

Clockenstein

starfinder
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
~/forums/nuzf/users/c/clockenstein/data/public/
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Fatal kernel error: 'DEX_BASIC' not found.
So I ended up catching it from my younger brother, who literally (I use this very strongly) cannot be taught any sort of self-control, distancing, or masking, and was unvaccinated. It wasn't pleasant, but I'd had two shots, so I escaped the worst of it and managed to go about my business almost completely as normal during my quarantine.

Overall, the worst part of it in retrospect is losing my sense of taste. It's been two weeks and I'm still waiting to get it back. But yeah, get your shots/boosters so if you do end up catching it, it's more likely to just end up being a slightly more annoying cold or fever.

Sakurah

"izzat the dinner bell, dinner bellin'?"
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/They (Any is fine tho')
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has an overactive imagination, this Pokemon always comes up with new headcanons and story ideas. While they start projects, they rarely finish them.
Welp, Omicron made things worse. The only thing that hasn't changed is that the local folk is still burying their collective heads in the sand and pretending that it isn't happening, despite hospitals getting full-up again.

Also got unfortunate news that my youngest sister was tested positive for Covid. Thankfully she's fully vaccinated, so my mom is optimistic that she'll be okay.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
This week was the first week of classes for me and they just announced it's all virtual next week. I knew this was going to happen (I'm actually surprised it wasn't announced before we started) and I have a VERY strong feeling that it's going to be extended and/or that it won't be the only time we go virtual right now. This barely affects me because I have one in-person class and we already had a plan for this in place.

Work-wise has seen a definite improvement. The company I worked for was bought out and officially switched Wednesday and this new company actually cares about its employees. We're required to be masked up for the time being. Again, this doesn't really affect me because I was one of two people who hadn't stopped wearing masks.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
My mom has been feeling off for a few days, and she got tested yesterday...and she's positive. We have no idea how she could've gotten it, considering she hardly ever goes anywhere and wears a mask literally all the time, plus she even got a booster a little while ago.

The good news is, so far she's doing okay, and since she did get the booster, hopefully she should be fine, but I'm incredibly worried and pissed off at the stupid people who don't want to get vaccinated or wear masks, since it's their fault this is still going.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
And I guess it is my turn now. My wife, my baby girl and I are all positive and are sick. I'm encouraged by the facts we are both triple vaccinated, my daughter is very young so hopefully is less at risk, and that it is probably Omicron which is relatively less dangerous. Still, Covid is Covid, and in addition to other symptoms I just lost my sense of smell which sucks. Still it could be worse.

Oh well, what can you do. And the weird thing is that we've been rather careful wearing masks everywhere and minimizing our meetings to work and family only, so I have no idea where we got it from, but I guess these days it could be from anywhere.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Oh no, I hope you all end up okay! That really sucks D:

The Snakepit

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Pronouns
they/them
I tested positive for COVID a few weeks back. It's now been 15 days since I last showed any symptoms. I think I got off relatively scot-free, given that I'm already vaccinated, and haven't felt any massive, lingering effects. I'm hoping to get back to living my life. It's still kind of bizarre that we're all heading into year three of a worldwide pandemic.

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
After isolating for a week and a half because my brother and then my mother got the dreaded virus, I finally got back to work from last week, and I also managed to get a booster shot after work today. Not even I expected to be the first member in the family to get a third dose; had home isolation not have happened, my parents would've been first.

That said, it was hard trying to self-isolate at home (since this was the first time I've ever done that ever), mainly due to the fact that I worried about how my brother and mom were both feeling throughout the time, and my morale took a hit considering none of us could leave the household to even walk. But come test day, me and my dad both tested negative, while my mom was on the mend at the time, and my brother recovered reasonably well from his bout. At the end of the day, I'm relieved that me and my family came through this unscathed for now.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
My mom tested negative yesterday, and she's feeling a lot better. It's a huge relief, especially since she doesn't seem to have any lingering effects (she's still a little weak, but otherwise okay). And I never got sick.

I also got my booster yesterday. I think my arm is more sore than it was with either of the first two, but I'll happily take that over the virus.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost is happy with food, rest, quiet and cuddles. They may try to be edgy or mysterious, but are often told that they present as the opposite.
I have had covid for ten (nearly eleven) days in a row now. This may not be a lot of time compared to what others have gone through, but right before self-isolating I was really stressed and had witnessed the aftermath of a horrible incident outside of work and then I just so happened to get covid. I may be introverted, but I like going on walks etc at times and it sucks to just be stuck in my room all day not knowing when this will stop. Every day that I test positive, it's another day of me self-isolating - mostly keeping to my room all day since I live in a house that I share with five others (six including the boyfriend of my housemate who often stays over), at least one of whom has clinically vulnerable relatives. But if I test negative in the next couple of days, it is straight back to work in an overwhelming school environment. Meanwhile, tons of friends of mine are really struggling and I am trying to comfort them but it's hard to do things or always know what to say. I want to go for a walk and go shopping for myself instead of having to rely on others to bring me food. I do not want to be on my literal last LFT test with no reliable way to get anymore at all from my employer or the government. I want to go back to work (no matter how bad it can get) and help my students - some of whom need me in the class to be able to write much at all, and a couple of whom I am really worried about because they are getting multiple suspensions and detentions a week. I feel consistently guilty for not being in, though it is good that I am not in work as I cannot put vulnerable people in the school at risk.

EDIT: Still tested positive on day 11, ffs

EDIT AGAIN on 31st March: I am negative for covid!!! I am free finally!!! It took like 12 days but I am out of my room at last

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread