• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Serious Coronavirus Public Discussion

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I got pretty lucky and was able to get the Johnson and Johnson (one-dose) vaccine because of my lab position. It wiped me OUT for a couple of days, but it'll make going out a little less stressful (Not that I actually go out much)

Clockenstein

starfinder
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
~/forums/nuzf/users/c/clockenstein/data/public/
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Fatal kernel error: 'DEX_BASIC' not found.
Mom who works in a group home is deemed a priority worker, so she's the first in our family who's allowed to (and has gotten) a shot. She told me the shot has made her arm pretty sore and weak, and that the rest of her co-workers were allowed to call in sick if the vaccine was especially adverse for them. Not that it was anything too bad for her.

On that note, have got to wonder what the fuck this country is up to with vaccine distribution. What's taking so long? They're seriously extending the date range for the second dose to... four months? What?

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
I've been feeling sick for several days, and on Tuesday, I got a rapid test and it came back positive. The good news is that I've only had symptoms like congestion and fatigue, and I'm definitely feeling better, but I do have to deal with being super careful in my apartment, and in general, it's no fun being sick for a long time.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
I'm so sorry to hear that, and I really hope you're feeling better soon.

So my mom got her second vaccine last Friday, and she was so sore the next day that she had to call in from work. Luckily she never got sick from it, and she was back at work Sunday, so that is a huge load off my mind.

Also, my state opened eligibility to all adults Monday, and I managed to get registered to get my first shot tomorrow. I'm nervous and eager at the same time, but I'm ready to do what I can to help put this crap to an end.

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
Welp, I got the virus. Honestly wasn’t expecting it but the test results came positive. Wonderful timing on the virus’ part, I just got a job offer and now this happens. Luckily I don’t really feel all that bad outside of just mild congestion, so I think I’m just going to stay in my room so I don’t give this shit to my parents.

War Anvil

Life is too short to be little.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Cool, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I like your Sakurai, but not your players. Your players are so unlike your Sakurai.
I'm so sorry, Fool. Here's hoping the virus doesn't land too many hits on your immune system!

Clockenstein

starfinder
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
~/forums/nuzf/users/c/clockenstein/data/public/
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Fatal kernel error: 'DEX_BASIC' not found.
So, after presumably months of complaints and flagrant violations of health orders, Alberta's government finally closed GraceLife Church. They went up and fenced around it and have police watching over it. Unsurprisingly, there are people on Twitter (I presume they're the church's members) who are crying religious persecution and all that stuff. Asking God to visit his wrath upon Jason Kenney and the RCMP and so on.

Can't even begin to stress how offended I am by this. My parents are some of the most devout Christians I've ever been blessed to be a son to. They made a point of church every Saturday for us and Bible study in the evening -- and even we haven't gone to church since this whole pandemic started. It's been all livestreams of services and religious TV. And these people have the gall to claim there's no other alternative and that piety means standing shoulder to shoulder packed like sardines in the pews on Easter Sunday? And that Christians are being unfairly persecuted?

Funny you mention that, buddy, I'm not feeling particularly persecuted over here.
Don't even throw the "but you're one of those butthurt libs!!!" attack at me. Last I checked, still conservative, bro.
Either way, pride and arrogance are sins too. My prayers are with you -- to please realize that other Christians are right here, finding ways to worship while staying safe.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
So I got my first vaccine a week ago. My arm was sore for a day or two, but it was nothing unbearable. I go get the second one on the 28th, which is the one I'm more nervous about since that's the one that seems to affect people more severely. But I'm willing to deal with that over the risk of getting the virus.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I got my vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) yesterday, and, admittedly, I've been having a rough go of it: fever, chills, body aches (my lower back in particular was so bad that I couldn't really sit up). Writing this now I'm much better than I was in the morning, but I'm still not doing great. >_>

Even so, I feel immensely grateful: A) to have gotten vaccine and B) to be able to rest afterwards. (My classes canceled today.) Both things are big privileges.

I'm also grateful that, now, everyone in my household has been vaccinated (and I'm the only one to have had side effects beyond arm soreness and tiredness).

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I got my vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) yesterday, and, admittedly, I've been having a rough go of it: fever, chills, body aches (my lower back in particular was so bad that I couldn't really sit up). Writing this now I'm much better than I was in the morning, but I'm still not doing great. >_>

Even so, I feel immensely grateful: A) to have gotten vaccine and B) to be able to rest afterwards. (My classes canceled today.) Both things are big privileges.

I'm also grateful that, now, everyone in my household has been vaccinated (and I'm the only one to have had side effects beyond arm soreness and tiredness).
Johnson&Johnson hit me like a truck, too. Glad to hear that you were able to spend the day recovering!

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
COVID vaccines are officially available for everyone over 16 in my state!

Unfortunately...I got a positive COVID test yesterday. LITERALLY as it turned midnight, the doctor opened the door to my room and said "You got COVID."

What's worse, COVID's affecting my breathing. I'm constantly coughing and breaths are louder and more frequent. I can walk fine, and apparently my lungs are clear, but I also can't leave my house and days are going by at a crawl.

Did I mention that I'm supposed to be at my grandma's funeral on Monday?

i hate my life so much

NothingButNuzlocke

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 11, 2021
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
COVID vaccines are officially available for everyone over 16 in my state!

Unfortunately...I got a positive COVID test yesterday. LITERALLY as it turned midnight, the doctor opened the door to my room and said "You got COVID."
I'm so sorry to hear that. My state starts vaccine eligibility on Monday, it's been taking so long and I hate seeing more and more people getting sick.

Please get well soon!

novadex

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
Just got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. Side effects haven't been terribly noticeable, but it seems like that's usually a second-dose thing.

War Anvil

Life is too short to be little.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Cool, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I like your Sakurai, but not your players. Your players are so unlike your Sakurai.
I got my vaccine last Thursday! It was Pfizer for me as well.

Fun fact, it's also the reason I learned the words biliverdin and bilirubin, which are components coming from the breakdown of hemoglobin in the body. No wonder my "vaccine bruise" has looked lime-green!

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Tomorrow’s the day I get my second shot, and I’m definitely apprehensive given the stories I’ve heard about the second dose...obviously still gonna go through with it because I feel like any shot aftereffects would be much better than getting the virus, but...we’ll see how it goes.

Also my dad got his first shot about a week ago. It didn’t bother him too much, although it affected his wife more (maybe because she had COVID already?)

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Guess who's back to breathing subconsciously?!

I've actually been doing that for a while now, but I've been having trouble getting how I feel into words. All I can say is that I feel leagues better than I did two weeks ago. My headaches are gone, my throat is clearer, and I only seem to cough when I speak in long sentences. I've even been thinking about leaving quarantine!

The only problem comes in getting the vaccine. I'm pretty sure my diagnosis doesn't stop me from having to wait too long to get it, and I've managed to schedule a vaccination appointment, but there's still a lingering thought that my positive COVID diagnosis is gonna keep me from receiving the vaccine. I've read enough about the vaccine to know that I can still get it, but I've also misunderstood enough for negative thoughts to persist, in spite of everything that I know about it.

Oh yeah, and my grandmother's funeral got rescheduled.

EDIT: Also, thanks for everyone who gave me a cry reaction.

Last edited:

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
this is a meme i made about what it's like tryna get yourself a vaccine where i am rn

getting my first dose booked was a WHOLE thing but at least i got my appointment for thursday!

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Finally got my second dose which means I'm officially fully vaccinated! ...Or I will be once two weeks pass or so. Still good to hear! Now I just need to wait and hope I don't end up with a bad reaction to the second dose!

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Guess who's back to breathing subconsciously?!

I've actually been doing that for a while now, but I've been having trouble getting how I feel into words. All I can say is that I feel leagues better than I did two weeks ago. My headaches are gone, my throat is clearer, and I only seem to cough when I speak in long sentences. I've even been thinking about leaving quarantine!

The only problem comes in getting the vaccine. I'm pretty sure my diagnosis doesn't stop me from having to wait too long to get it, and I've managed to schedule a vaccination appointment, but there's still a lingering thought that my positive COVID diagnosis is gonna keep me from receiving the vaccine. I've read enough about the vaccine to know that I can still get it, but I've also misunderstood enough for negative thoughts to persist, in spite of everything that I know about it.

Oh yeah, and my grandmother's funeral got rescheduled.

EDIT: Also, thanks for everyone who gave me a cry reaction.
I'm really happy to hear you're doing better! And as far as I know, you should still be able to get vaccinated, although you probably have to wait until you test negative.

Anyway, I got my second shot a week and a half ago. It didn't affect me nearly as much as I was concerned it might-I was a little more sore than the first one, but it wasn't unbearable. I probably could have went ahead and went to work the next day (I'd taken off just in case it did mess me up). The two-week mark is two days after my birthday, which is a pretty good present.

Also my dad and stepmom get their second shots in about a week.

So I know the pandemic is slowing down here in the US, but it's nowhere near over yet (and it's way worse in other countries-just look at India). So why the hell are businesses not enforcing their mask requirements???
Granted, things didn't get bad after the governor lifted the mask mandate (which surprised me-I fully expected a bad wave of cases, but it never happened), but a lot of businesses still require one...but they don't enforce it. It frustrates me to go to, say, a grocery store that "supposedly" requires face coverings, but there are easily more people not wearing one than ones like me that are.

LHarm

Professional Shitposter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is too lazy to put a good Pokédex entry.
I’m about to get my vaccine as it was approved for people ages 12-15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)