• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Hoenn Commentary Copyrightlocke! With Maste® B®yss and EscapeToThe©

Thread Description
Remember, a ™ can only be used once. Latest: #3B 'Leg Murder Jazz #2' 24/4

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Poison
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Their body is made of an intricate and interconnected weave of their own puns.
olCDoxT.png

Good morning internet, I'm Master Bryss...
And I'm EscapeToTheSea...

rAqPS65.png

And this is...

i8NQ1MG.png

Either the best or worst decision we've ever made. Or perhaps one of the most middling.

Rules of the Copyrightlocke
1:
The usual boiler-plate Nuzlocke rules apply, with the standard mod cons of Dupes, and Shinies.
2: The name scheme alternates between legal terminology and music terminology, going through the alphabet.
3: The science bit. Every single move in the game is the exclusive copyright of whichever Pokemon in the team is the first to learn it. See below.
3.1: If a Pokemon has a move in its possession upon capture, no other Pokemon can learn, or use if already known, that move. Even after it dies, as copyright persists one hundred years after the author's death. Jurisdictions may vary, please check with your local IP professional.
3.2: If a Pokemon learns a move by level or by TM, no other Pokemon can ever learn, or use if already known, that move. If a Pokemon declines to learn a move by level, it is available for learning by another Pokemon later.
3.3: Moves used by Metronome or Assist do not count for the purposes of any part of Rule 3, although Metronome or Assist themselves do.
3.4: If a Pokemon with an HM move dies, another Pokemon can learn the HM solely for exploration and/or advancing the plot.
3.5: The move Struggle is considered to be in the public domain.
4: Each held item is the exclusive copyright of the first Pokemon to hold it. Once a held item is equipped, it cannot be removed. Consumable held items may be replaced by another identical item only.
5: Each Evolutionary Stone can only be used once.
6: The game we will be playing is a semi-randomised Ruby. Only the starters and wild Pokemon have been changed.
7: There is a 'soft' level cap of 1 above next leader's ace.

Part 1A: All The Authors' Own Work
P2FhCu4.png

Okay, admin time. We (that is to say us the people writing this) will alternate between Game Player and Serebii Consultant between Badges. We will each write up the bits we did in the usual manner expected when one (1) brain cell is being passed between multiple runners.

K58funQ.png

This run has Actual Record-Keeping™ in the form of a giant text document with all 354 moves present in Generation III. We... will not see all of those moves. Mostly because some of them can't legally be taught in Ruby, like Frenzy Blast Hydro Plant Burn Cannon. But also because, despite the existence of these hordes of attacks, most end-game Nuzlocke teams use, what, about twenty-four of them at most. And there will be significant overlap between different people's end-game teams because every type has a 'best' move. A lot of moves get sacrificed to reach that point, too.

qAhH4yR.png

At this point, I have no idea how much this ruleset will actually affect the late game. What I do know, more than anything, is that I don't want a starter with Tackle. Because if I get one of those I'm stuck switch grinding about half my potential catches until they learn something self-sufficient. And what I also know is that the name of our main character will be...

znqa6ee.png

Something. Else.

ShY0dtU.png

Yeah, that's fair.

bF7hAql.png
YGde7FR.png

Should probably also point out that the starter randomisation is set to 'literally anything' and the wilds to 'area one-to-one' like they are in GoC White 2, meaning every instance of X on Route 101 will now be Y and so on.

5MmOZTh.png
BC9aTUm.png

Have to check the TV for Carbos every single time. It's a ritual now.

t4tmsiT.png

But you don't need to screencap all the pauses now that you're not doing Life of Guardians.

Also true.

7x7n1RI.png

Somehow I don't think Bet would have liked Brendan very much.

FhvX8eY.png

Enough frippery though! We have Options™ to consider!

(I swear I'll try and keep that light.)

HT6Dkr5.png

Electrode! Tackle, Charge, Sonic Boom, Screech.

Goes boom, no.

Also a Tackler.

sYZb1A2.png

Breloom! ...Also knows early Tackle, plus Absorb, Stun Spore, and Leech Seed.

But it does get Mach Punch and Sky Uppercut.

And those are mostly unique to it...

Ab4JrQF.png

Poliwhirl! Starts with Water Gun, Bubble, and Hypnosis. Mostly reliant on TMs later on but will get Body Slam. And crucially, it will not hamstring our first capture because it doesn't know Tackle. This is my pick. And I, Master Bryss, am the one playing so I break ties.

KcA0iQo.png
vhlCdTI.png

Gxuha2e.png
0AbMIM1.png

3 moves down, 351 to go. Not that I'm really expecting to learn 'em all, but I will add a counter to the end of each part documenting how many moves we've copyrighted so far.

96rleDF.png

Because I'm starting, our first A name is a legal name. This one was fairly obvious. Of course, your legal name is owned by the Crown Corporation and is distinct from your name as a 'living man' at common law... if you believe certain weird fringe groups (who clearly don't believe women or non-binary people can be considered 'living'). 'Pseudolaw' is a rabbit hole of darkness and despair. Don't do it. Save yourself.

0f8eSds.png
keCfdoG.png

Here's our preview to the week ahead. It's... grim.

JltBHmp.png
PzCxzH2.png

COLDbMe.png
VKJ9mSZ.png

Conveniently, Poliwhirl landed in Treecko's slot. This will make things easier later on. Unless Advocate has to withdraw from acting.

tfliXnN.png
KpchHB8.png

5DVx1Ag.png
AEGfLng.png

For our efforts...

1BKf0h4.png
Mp6ms6a.png

Finally!

We can start making this joke again!

(If you're new, wait until I do the Dearly Me Not Again ReMaster for the 'finally now I can start understanding' on that.)

lqHP3eY.png
Qvpy1LY.png

You're buff! But... not Iggly?

FpR07WY.png
JaEPDt6.png
iJuxl1r.png

It's a male singing voice, innit? And also a small tuba.

I'm so proud of all those 'innits.' Shows my language is taking over.

FvmgV7c.png

Baritone now formally takes Tackle away from all future hopefuls. And also Focus Energy but that's a lesser concern unless Taillow somehow got replaced with itself.

Ep9diF1.png

I never saw anything that was here before, so...

pUHXFs3.png

...it makes the disappointment even more stingy.

f5BAHPh.png
6YrnYF1.png

This is pronounced 'kayshuner.' It's someone bound to a caution (kayshun). Obviously. It's a contract thing. Charm and Sing added to the list here.

6PqHjPc.png

AND HEEERE'S WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON! It's a speedboat! A Boatad, if you will.

1MZd1a1.png

Alternatively, could have gotten super early Goddamn but nooo, Igglybuff it was.

wQlRHsM.png

Perhaps I can get some kind of compensation for my injury on this route. No win, no fee.

jYNerFa.png

Nope.

Adding Harden to the list...

rp22yEV.png
S84WUAd.png

You wanna explain this one?

Diminuendo means 'diminishing.' Like our hopes.

Or this cocoon's returns...

Will our heroes find any better catches west of Petalburg? Will this ruleset have any actual effect on proceedings? Why have I been roped into doing these ropey end slate narrations? None of these answers and less, as we play... the Copyrightlocke!

All rights reserved to the authors. Current moves used tally: 8.

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Well, this is an interesting new ruleset. I wonder how it's going to affect the gameplay going forward.

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
Metronome and Assist drawing other moves not counting as copyright infringement? It's almost like the Pokemon's Company must pull from the same lawyer pool as the common mon. Wonder how legal fees work...

*grabs knitted hats to help the team*

Goddamnit, there's no Goddamnit?

*also hugs you two*

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
Yuneeq would have been... Unique at least?

Seems pretty rough so far, good luck

Time Master Eon

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
Hm... This run seems interesting. It'd probably be worse on non-randomized game thanks to a lot early game Pokémon having tons of overlap in their early movesets.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
This is exactly the kind of ruleset I want to watch other people play so I don't have to! Thanks for taking one for the team, y'all! Can't wait to see where this goes!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Oh heck, this is gonna be fun. 🍿 to watch not to play holy shit

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Oooo, this looks like a fun concept! I hope that rng gives you enough Pokémon with unique moves to go around

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Poison
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you're wondering, by the way, why the word 'Sea' in EscapeToTheSea is replaced with © but the actual letter is not... well that's just good old consisten©.

Replies
@Trollkitten: I do too! I think it'll depend on how well we do.

@Sheepscope: Well, with Metronome the user wags a finger to indicate no payment of legal fees is necessary, and Assist can only be done by cats, a species which famously doesn't give a monkey's about IP law.

@Cirr: Thanks! Hopefully the roughness will subside.

@Time Master Eon: We considered a vanilla run but the random run has two advantages. One, more potential choices for our one use of each Stone. Two, if the rules end up having no effect at least it'll be more than just a standard Ruby run.

@Spectacles: Testing rulesets so you don't have to since 2013! Warning: exposure to sufficiently cool ruleset may cause breakout of sister runs. Talk to your medical professional about Cool Rule Syndrome today.

@Bowser's Family Vacation: It's not that bad! Apart from having to make the move list... and play the game... and do all the switch grinding...

@TheTRUEgge: This is entirely the nub of it. May RNGesus have mercy on our souls.
Part 1B: FOMA: Fear Of Magikarp Appearing (Bryss)
jtKGdeB.png
KHsmDc9.png

Welcome back! With Sand Attack checked off our list and both our competent battle Pokemon at 6, we should be ready to begin the harsh process of switch-training Diminuendo all the way to Beedrill. Cautioner... is here too.

kgTUB1o.png
iODjMhV.png
GNrLQyM.png

At least we don't have Poison Sting out the running yet. It's vital to my projected League strategy.

Nod nod.

Dbzwohh.png
Q4LOtg7.png

I'm not totally neglecting Other Buff here, mind you. Sweet Kiss is... nearly as good as Confuse Ray but more unique?

Give me a minute. Don't write any more until I'm back. Otherwise, I can't add more snark.

Are you going to make tea? ...They're gone. I will assume it's to make tea and continue anyway.

rWSy8Vv.png
AxirKsH.png
1WZsvSB.png

Remember: if I give someone an Oran Berry to hold, that someone is stuck with nothing but Oran Berry for the rest of the game. I can still use them as Lesser Potion/Goodberry from my inventory, but they're d'Annan sticky in the hands.

F9oasY9.png

End of Route 102. It's not really a big improvement but it'll do.

jKq0wLh.png
hJAyhW9.png

Okay, so Escape hasn't come back from making tea yet so I'll just take this time to be self-indulgent and tell you about the run I'll never get round to. It's called Counterweight, it's a pseudo-sequel to Time & Space that is also a prequel to that run. It's not a U.M. Bryss run but Bryss is a character in it. In order to justify Norman being Badge 5 even though he's not the MC's dad, I was going to add a 'fakeout' Norman Badge 1 battle in which he battles you with the Zigzagoon he lends Wally and two Slakoth, then decides not to award the MC a badge because... seriously, Zigzagoon and two Slakoth. Anyway, the central conceit of the plot would be tha-

I'm back! I didn't know what kind of tea you wanted so I just left you a mug and some hot water.

...Then I too shall be back soon.

fqFA6DM.png

Useless Fact: Wally, had he caught the actual Ralts replacement on Route 102, would have caught Sunkern. We actually lucked out when we caught Diminuendo because it turns out Poochyena, Wurmple, and Zigzagoon were replaced with themselves.

Dun dun duuun! *sneezes*

A6Jx5bo.png
CfxfCoM.png
dkDChXe.png

This is probably due to my 'area one-to-one' also being 'replace with similar strength.' Executor (noun, the administrator of a deceased's estate) here is therefore Taillow.

NTubluc.png

He is also... not doing a lot on his own until he gets Peck at Lv.11. But Growl gets checked off!

TJSAWkJ.png
f9ojIEg.png
GYbmpf7.png

One of these days I'm going to remember that Youngster Billy's Taillow crushes the dreams of the unprepared.

Technically doesn't it peck the dreams of the unprepared?

Right in their unprepared eyes.

uaiKXn9.png

Fortunately Advocate's made of the tough stuff. Now let's see what we could have won.

kSZgpNn.png

Yes. 'Won.'

(I later found Spinarak here while grinding. And Cascoon.)

efgkJgg.png

Okay, here we go! This should throw up something!

UVqf7qo.png

...Nope. I want to throw up.

b0otgVH.png
3ytteb6.png

If we hadn't randomised, Magikarp would be doubly screwed due to Bite and Tackle both being Poochyena's domain. As it sits, it's just regularly a terrible catch at this stage in proceedings. As for why Flat, which normally is a favourable adjective in Annanist circles...

It's because our hopes, which were previously diminishing, are now completely gone.

MOayKxR.png

AND WE COULD HAVE WON A SLUG!

Or a Pikachu!

I'm more sad about the slug, but what is it with Pikachu and covered woodsy areas?

HMDiQ8B.png
X2Tzu4A.png

Still. Could have been worse. Kirlia here has Teleport.

ZEDFbir.png

Well no, ain't no Shroomish around here no more. That's my American accent to go with Escape's new Scottish one.

U4BEYby.png
1SSDOQ5.png
rcWRrQe.png

This is all fairly routine. We just have two surprises left before we weigh our options for Roxanne and inevitably decide to use the first two Pokemon we got.

fCnio7E.png
TRdjSuc.png

Our first TM! Nobody can use it yet.

Dakkadakkadakkadakka!

We also get some, erm, arm dakka in the form of Baritone's thrusting guns. I keep forgetting Arm Thrust is 15 per hit and not 10.

m34d7yI.png
33kGkmX.png
XTQtmag.png

This Double Battle is an excellent opportunity for Diminuendo to get some non-diminuendoed experience. Am I doing this right?

You're... doing it.

1NIwrUb.png

In fact, we're nearly ready for... the ascendio!

Nope. Not a word.

The ascensione?

Nope.

The... bit where we get a massive angry bee?

5Dg5pSl.png
P60REj9.png
S1wGcVe.png

It is very angry.

And that anger, in attack form, is now its exclusive domain. Its terrible, exclusive, domain.

DOYefzk.png
xKQtxp1.png

We don't have any other options for Cut, and I feel like it's the best fit. But I don't actually go through with the teach until the grindy bit.

a2f2S4A.png

Similarly, this is staying in my PC until something real slow comes along. Except Snorlax, which comes with Lefties by default and will therefore auto-copyright them if we can't get loose ones first and give them to someone else.

tyScmjX.png
6ceeogv.png

A Grass type!

CVA7BNx.png
cj7oqKp.png

A grassum (it's Latin like all the best law) is a lump sum tendered in place of a periodic rent. The Bullet Seed TM is likely going here due to my legal starting moves being... just Synthesis.

And it not gaining a legal attack until after it evolves if we don't.

That pesky Tackle copyright strikes again! If only there was some kind of accessible universal attack without a stupid PP criterion. Almost like... a basic blow...

xPpnIdA.png

We could have won an arguably better Grass type. Or Cleffa if we didn't think one baby was bad enough.

8erBiLw.png
swKfzlc.png

And with Sherlock Hoot ticked off...

oRzc26G.png

What, pray tell, is the literal one thing we can encounter here?

cGUCEtT.png

Say it with me. One, two, three...

Oh, cock.
Ruuude!

...That too.

DjHTGHF.png
4nvUgKy.png

So because Foresight is Executor's only legal move (he was in front for switch training and I forgot to change back), I have no choice but to throw Balls here. Hope this works.

QlcOx0q.png
oqe5HZq.png

I don't find this funny.

fQ4oKUi.png

Never coming back here again. But Encore is now scratched off.

(I later went back to train Grassum because Bullet Seed was unaffected by Wynaut's bullshit.)

2esLReg.png
RMiEm6K.png

i58l2Y6.png
tSpueLa.png

Grinding for Roxanne meant everyone to 12 at least. This included our first move rejection for legal reasons of the run!

7NuxwV3.png

Lo and behold, it'll be Advocate and Baritone doing all the work. It's almost like we did the in-game Rustboro trade except with less disobedience.

Hgee77o.png
iVq1pa0.png
6UTuCdE.png

I forgot Vital Throw came early to Makuhita! This makes our crit machine even crittier.

I had Serebii up, I told you it was coming.

But that was yesterday. This is... today.

SHE8NSA.png
5Ulr6uK.png

We're nixing Tackle. Just to spite half my upcoming catches.

idOcQqW.png
4ymRhTT.png
l3lPJje.png

Honestly, 12/13 should do it given the offences and speed we're up against.

WkpTwXU.png
frHjs9k.png

But just in case (and also for Granite Cave lower floor prep)...

wZW2d8s.png
EJPdlS8.png

And with all that done, here's the Elite Schoolgirl battle.

UDTesxE.png
NI1A8FO.png

Boring bit!

EVqrCTx.png
FvEsb6G.png

Nose section! One Sand Attack to deflect the odd misaimed rock and then we crit-throw for game.

cOnWkYJ.png
EeJ8QLm.png

SAMUHSk.png
sJgm4IE.png

Not that I needed to bother, it used nothing but Harden all battle.

g6gv0S1.png
ufhRTiM.png

7ho0ITo.png
wBNnUcZ.png

And after one stubborn tanking despite Sturdy not being proper Sturdy yet...

ZNSjQ93.png
fACb410.png
mYjih0B.png

We have our first Badge! And with that, I, Master Bryss, must cede control of the brain cell in the usual fashion. It will be up to the musical brain cell to handle Brawly and the associated bits. Which means I'd better go pick a text colour for my own interjections...

Will Team Music Law survive the horrors of Dewford Town? What weird non-karp entities will Escape fish up? And for the love of the void, what WILL the trendy phrase in Dewford be generated as? All this and more, next time...

Total moves used: 23

Last edited:

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Similar-strength randomizers sure are hit or Miss. similar-strength randomizers where half their starting moves have already been claimed appears to be mostly miss. At least you have, like, three Pokémon with reasonable moves??? If a Bullet Seed Hoppip counts, anyways.

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Oh, boy that rule set....that rule set is special. I can't wait to see how this unfolds!

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
*shakes fist at no Assist in Alola*

Also, cats not caring about IP law? Hmm...
(this came up during my art and technology cross-culture class this morning)

I really wish main series games had the no PP-using PMD attack...

Wobbuffet y/n?

@Spectacles Still, your rules are catching on! ^.^

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A very small trash boy last seen clawing themself out of the gender dumpster.
:madfrog: <-- My face when reading the rules.

This is going to be awful and hilarious and I'm already hooked.

If you're wondering, by the way, why the word 'Sea' in EscapeToTheSea is replaced with © but the actual letter is not... well that's just good old consisten©.

*applauds*

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
*reads title* Fear of Magikarp? What is that supposed to-? *reads update* oh

QlcOx0q.png
oqe5HZq.png

I don't find this funny.
I saw the run flash before my eyes. 0-0

Good luck, Music Brain Cell! 🎵 🧠

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
I'm not sure how I didn't realize this after reading the initial rules, but I didn't realize hoe debilitating catching Pokemon can be when every move they start out with is automatically copywrited. I also forgot to mention that I love the name Baritone for Makuhita.

HalfTimeShow

A big ol' dumbo
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
What the diddly heckin darn is goin on here
Just found this, as usual your ruleset is fantastic and yet I'm glad I'm not playing with it.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Just found this, as usual your ruleset is fantastic and yet I'm glad I'm not playing with it.
That tends to be the usual theming of Bryssverse runs, yes.

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Poison
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Replies by Bryss
@TheTRUEgge: I mean, Hoppip's a staller anyway, we just needed any basic attack. The rest is all the long game.

@Alba Corbina: It's a total surprise for all of us! Hopefully not a bad one.

@Sheepscope: Oh dear goodness, I rabbitholed into what NFTs are the other day and just... I have Thoughts and they are staying in my head.

@Neosonic97: I would expect nothing less.

@LittleMercury: It might not be so bad! Is the lie we tell ourselves whenever we turn this back on.

@Bowser's Family Vacation: I never even considered whether the run would automatically fail if I had to break Rule 3. I'm now very glad it never came to that!

@Spectacles: I want to dress Baritone in a little suit and give him a solo. He deserves it.

@HalfTimeShow: I may not be glad I'm playing it in a few parts. We can but wait...
Part 2: Correct Owl Medication (Escape)
Moves Copyrighted So Far: 23

I, Master Bryss, decided on blue for my interjection text. Actually I decided on purple but it didn't really work. So now I'm blue. Anyway, I'll let the actual author of this part get on with it now.

TitJ52u.png
YZc11MK.png

Oh. Well, hello there. You are... running away very quickly. Fair enough.

jUS58Fb.png
yV592Ku.png

Yeah, ok. I'm not currently doing anything better with my time.

5StKlFa.png

But first... NEW AREA HYPE.

I mean... it's not new new...

But it was locked behind a tree, so it's new in the sense that we couldn't access it before.

Fine. Oh, since this is your first full part should we tell the viewership about your dislike of my keyboard?

Yes. It's too wavy and my fingers are confused.

It's not wavy! It's ergonomic.

There's a hill in the middle of it. It's wavy.

c4f674i.png

BATTLE!

X6FoqLh.png
r76Q2Ra.png
8mmclNh.png

VICTORY!

GAdxzr1.png

MORE BATTLE!

lyR8zqS.png
PsV9HHo.png

MORE VIC- Oh. Rude.

DxZcd5b.png

MORE VICTORY! Oh wait you're not done yet.

bidDFZm.png
sfmfEnY.png
RLbhb4n.png

FINALLY MORE VICTORY!!

When did you get so bloodthirsty?

When you introduced me to Warhammer 40k Orks.

Noted.

JFEv7pz.png

Could have caught this instead of Hoppip. Not sure whether it would have been an improvement, honestly. Still adorable, though.

qMRd4Gz.png

Oh here we go...

qFsJtQP.png
t398XAB.png

Are you ready for it?

hnZ1ZRp.png

WAAAAAAAGH! I mean. Uh. WROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR!

JiSf9sv.png
1liraGd.png

I wouldn't be in here if I didn't. The plot also demands that I do, but it's more the former.

E2dBMnN.png
VvowADL.png

Pictured: Bubble actually being used.

uSoRjCs.png
FM0R9DD.png

Yoink!

M88cxEi.png
wsSldJZ.png

Praying that I don't find anymore Wynaut. But also, Brea.

g3WAytX.png

Might be a bit wet, but still intact.

AT4Udte.png
jW5jNdt.png
8h91Ko3.png

I... guess...

mLgsx7Z.png
2hPh93X.png

mPfDrRw.png
EJaw3id.png

I'm not sure what that says about your staff, if I'm being honest.

XnVf8uP.png

What am I, a video game protagonist or something?

EkoWt2A.png

Well, alright, I'm going there anyway to fight the Gym Leader.

bu9gyUz.png

The President used bribery! It was super effective!

Ql9xbZN.png

With the power of Cut, I can now Yoink! all the things!

V6E4QWp.png
Nqta9Ti.png

You did say that you'd totally help me offscreen because sometimes I forget to capture things shhh.

I mean, it's the Hoenn plot. At this point pretty much everyone reading this can recite it in their sleep.

d8l37gC.png
hGl6fOM.png

I'M ON A BOAT MOTHE-

6c39IWY.png

Oh, we're already here.

4UoGyg6.png
XcHaluL.png

Yoink! x2

rnDtrbB.png

New? But Bethany Bryss has existed for two years now!

CvcgjRw.png

Oh?

7Zhw99m.png

Oh...

IzGlehc.png

I got this.

mMjwImb.png
zBHtFta.png

vTkcVNM.png
8yAd0TX.png

Irritancy is a common law contractual remedy available to landlords where a tenant is in breach of contract. It is also that one bit of your back you juuuust can't quite get to without a stick.

Well that takes care of Bide. OH! That reminds me... *insert TARDIS noises here*

8sQlqr3.png

Oh?

7i3nUM3.png

xfeh2do.png

OH.

jRxU9pp.png
ke1UaJc.png

RStJaUl.png
6igPeIX.png

Jazz is... well, jazz. One of my favorite genres of music, if I'm honest. Scratch and Ember are now taken care of, too. He's in the team immediately because neither of us feel like happiness grinding Cautioner up just yet. Now back to the regularly scheduled plot.

GkJy610.png
jPmgfqg.png

I forgot he led with Tentacool oops.

9nEfKmJ.png
olXzmyW.png

Nc0DRNM.png
KmS8PlH.png

Come on...

Gaulk1H.png

Woo.

gogBLuC.png

I prefer to not fish at all. Bad experiences with that.

Outside of Animal Crossing anyway.

You say that like we both haven't fished up about a million old tires. And sea bass.

vlykKnT.png
ZP21YDX.png
G83LgB9.png

dakkadakkadakkadakka...

PlaFBx1.png

I am... very bad at taking screenshots sometimes, so please enjoy this TINY BEE.

qEmGGhQ.png
FuG0lyv.png

I'm surprised I haven't missed with that yet.

VzrDbJN.png

AGAIN I'M SORRY I HAVE BAD TIMING.

7srtrlY.png
LicwQ7w.png
2bwVfEM.png

DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA...

QVZ9Lvo.png
3MYIVWZ.png
HeLCe91.png

Cave time, cave tiiiiime~

(I've been told to put the repel on because Bryss is adamant about getting the catch from the dark bit so there's a chance to get the Mawile replacement.)

9ZP1QkW.png
cMs64BN.png

So that is what I'll do.

vfxKTQK.png

HEY GUYS WE FOUND THE MAWILE REPLACEMENT.

I sort of thought it'd be... something else.

uqLOgMa.png

Did it just blink out of existence?

Aj19Saa.png
gwVt5Hd.png

mzSKmgZ.png
9DsrqUg.png

Oh no, there we go. Thank you Devon Great Ball guy.

Keeper is named for the Keeper of the Land Register of Scotland. And not just because if he catches something in his massive gob then you are not getting that thing back. Useless fact: I've read a poem penned to commemorate 400 years of land registration in Scotland. That is a Thing that was commissioned.

Right, Keeper locks down Growth, Wrap, AND Vine Whip. Greedy bugger. Now back upstairs to start the grind for Brawly.

MyDjXlc.png

And HEEEERE'S WHAT WE COULD HAVE WON IF WE GOT THE UPSTAIRS CATCH. Bryss was screaming incoherently in the background. Other notables include Vulpix, Bellsprout, and Swinub on the upper floor, Elekid and Baltoy on the bottom floor.

Look! I take my Goddamns very seriously!

ryemXpj.png
sfEdrh6.png

We did a quick level up for Grassum, decided we don't want Poison Powder or Stun Spore, and save them for potential catches later. We will take this, though. However, it's now time to part ways for a bit because Keeper will probably serve us a bit better in the short term.

You could say he's a...

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

XLBibml.png
4l1Bqet.png

Can't do that as Advocate's already got it. So any chance of Dream Eater Noctowl is now gone.

W6BSeAi.png

Nnnnnn...nope. Tempting, but nope.

f8C2w0s.png
z3chZSN.png

Awwwwww yis~

XGYfXdi.png
0f2Aa5C.png

That should be good enough for Brawly.

vTf4kGu.png
JDDYqqc.png
hCLyUrn.png

One day I'll remember to grab the actual action shot, but not today!

eukL6LJ.png
ImQY3Rg.png
fvJv8bP.png

*insert witty commentary here*

uSeEwXL.png
SrspKRs.png
0brSgfn.png

WtkFjI5.png

FQN1REJ.png

Oh, excellent.

ZdmL9PP.png
YR561u6.png

Aaaaand 3!

Jp1SZd6.png
7E3Wxgy.png
TUmrcjF.png

Bryss here questioned my choice of leading with a not fully healed owl, to which my reply was something along the lines of "oops, I'm sleepy". In fairness, I was. Still am.

sFnSGRP.png

The Karate Chop did more damage than I wanted, so time to swap.

zwbdINh.png
KWLYHLN.png
aepgHC0.png

Oh, stop that.

szqpgvs.png

Actually, I don't like Seismic Toss. I'll heal, too.

nUp7ivB.png

STOP THAT.

ZmzTLhw.png

Finally.

1JYqUr9.png
eJGydHl.png
SMNlSyr.png

i0yNgW3.png
j2XBzqT.png
IjGQk36.png

Badge #2 get~

With that, I will vacate the author's seat and turn it back to Bryss for the next part.

Will Bryss immediately change half the team composition on getting control back? What IS Keeper's dark secret? Does Escape have their own version of Balle Masque that just can't be bothered to do the end slate narrations for their part, leaving it on my shoulders? Find out next time, on Copyrightlocke?

Total Moves Copyrighted: 31
Total Copyrighted Moves Forgotten: 1

Wait, what if I AM Escape's Balle Masque...

Last edited:

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
TitJ52u.png
YZc11MK.png

Oh. Well, hello there. You are... running away very quickly. Fair enough.
The readers thinking about using this ruleset themselves.

GAdxzr1.png

MORE BATTLE!
👩 k a r e n

rnDtrbB.png

New? But Bethany Bryss has existed for two years now!
Alternatively, the game is "warning" you about your Protagonist Syndrome. >_>

Jazz should be pretty jazzed that you saved him from drowning!

vfxKTQK.png

HEY GUYS WE FOUND THE MAWILE REPLACEMENT.

I sort of thought it'd be... something else.

uqLOgMa.png

Did it just blink out of existence?
Weepinbell preemptively trying to save you from Bryss' screaming. :c thats why hes a keeper

Users who are viewing this thread