• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Story Screenshot Hoenn Teen Mon Conscript of the Sky ~ A Written Omega Ruby Nuzlocke (with occasional screenshots)

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A boy named Artemis receives a dream in which Rayquaza tells him he is destined to thwart the fast-approaching threat of Team Magma and end the seemingly ceaseless quarrel between Groudon and Kyogre by catching Groudon himself. However, as said by the strange Zorua by Rayquaza's side, the road to achieving such a feat will be treacherous and unforgiving. Will he be able to fulfil the prophecy?

ZesT

The Handsome Strapping Young Lad
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2022
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him (male)
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
It has a vast number of incredibly niche interests, none of which most people know anything about.
conscript of the sky
A Written Omega Ruby Nuzlocke (with occasional screenshots)

Greetings and salutations to you all. Inspired by Snowy_Calum's Pokémon Y Storylocke even stealing from it somewhat I have decided to start a Storylocke of my own. The story is given from the perspective of a 17-year-old by the name of Artemis, who has a dream that will be detailed further in the Prologue or you could just read the thread description and as such decides now's as good a time as any to start his adventure, even with the laws of the universe itself stacked against him. It will also be accompanied by the occasional screenshot to provide illustration, though not frequently enough to call it a "storyshot".
The rules will be provided in this first post, as well as a Table of Contents. There is no schedule on when chapters will release but maybe if you pester me enough you can help me stay focused on this.

1. unknown.png
    If a Pokémon faints, it is dead - it is to be permaboxed ASAP
  2. Only the first eligible encounter may be caught in each area. There are, however, a number of exceptions:
    1. Dupes Clause: If the eligible encounter is one that Artemis already has the Pokédex entry for, it will be skipped - this applies to the entire evolutionary line, unless said evolution is an alternate path to any evolutions that have already been acquired (i.e. if Slowking is encountered and Artemis already has Slowbro, Slowking can be caught) though I may choose to add an extra rule such as linking the two Pokémon such that if one dies, the other dies.
    2. Legendary Clause: As Artemis' goal is to catch Groudon as foretold in prophecy, all Legendaries are considered eligible encounters.
    3. Shiny Clause: Artemis is not allowed to Shiny hunt, but on the offchance that a Shiny does appear it will be considered an eligible encounter.
  3. All Pokémon must be nicknamed, to strengthen the bond between Artemis and his team.
  4. While Pokémon can be deposited and withdrawn from the box freely, it is heavily discouraged. I may add a price to pay to do such a thing later if a good enough suggestion is given by anyone reading this.
  5. The run ends once May is defeated for the final time after the League. However, if there is enough demand for it, I may extend this to cover the Delta Episode too, in which case the run is considered over once Deoxys is caught or defeated.
sorry nothing (yet)

Last edited:
OP
ZesT

ZesT

The Handsome Strapping Young Lad
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2022
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him (male)
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
It has a vast number of incredibly niche interests, none of which most people know anything about.
And the prologue is here! Please leave all your opinions on this prologue in a reply where I can read them and use them to possibly improve future chapters.
[Music]
I opened my eyes, and suddenly, I was face-to-face with a shocking sight: Rayquaza, staring me dead in the eyes. I jumped back, to find that I was actually floating high above the earth in space - but how was I breathing? I had no time to question this, however, as Rayquaza suddenly started to talk.
Be not afraid, little one.
I did not answer - all I could do was look up at this serpentine beast I’d only heard of before in legend. It nevertheless continued its speech. “I am not one for theatrics, so I shall get straight to the point.
I sense great potential within you. All the same, I sense a great danger in the future to not just you or us, but to this world as a whole. A group by the name of Team Magma, led by Maxie, plan to use Groudon’s power to destroy the world and start anew. Unrivalled, this would bring about untold tyranny, so I searched for someone who had the power to stop this from happening, and eventually found you. As such, I humbly request that you thwart their plans by catching Groudon - this will not only stop their plans, but prevent any further threat from anyone that wishes to use Groudon’s power for evil. It also means there’s no threat of it fighting with Kyogre in the future, which I would much appreciate.

My head was full of questions. Was this truly Rayquaza? If so, why would he specifically choose me? What did I have that anyone else didn’t? What made me so special to him? And, most importantly, how on Earth was I still breathing in outer space? I didn’t even get the chance to question any of this, either, as a new voice butted in out of nowhere as I suddenly noticed an oddly white, almost ghostly-looking Zorua sitting atop Rayquaza’s head.
“However! I so happened to find Rayquaza as he was searching, and as his superior–”
I finally wasn’t able to restrain myself any longer - so much was happening so fast. “Wait, hold on!” That got the Zorua to stop talking for a moment. “Just slow down. Please.”
It looked down at me for a good few seconds, before giving a great sigh. “Was Rayquay-quay going too fast for you? I thought I told him to chill out, jeez…so I guess you have a bunch of questions. Fire away.”
“First off, Rayquaza has a superior?”
Silence filled the surrounding area for a good few seconds as the Zorua gave a look of genuine bewilderment. “I…thought that was common knowledge.”
“Well, it’s not.”
“...huh. Well, shit, I actually have to introduce myself. Name’s Zhen. I’m kinda the ringmaster of this little circus we call life, otherwise certain legendaries would get a little too rowdy if you catch my drift. Looking at you, Gira.” That last part was hard to make out as it was heavily mumbled, but I could still hear him clearly enough. Somehow, however, this moment of genuine surprise at me not knowing him made this feel less fake. Like I wasn’t being tricked by some idiot that could somehow talk with me in space without me suffocating or being unable to hear him. But something was still nagging at the back of my head.
“If this is, well, actually genuine, what’s so special about me compared to literally anyone else?”
Again, more silence, before Zhen responded. “Iunno, ask Quaza. It was his idea.”
Without having to be told, Rayquaza explained, with a hint of annoyance in his voice. “As I said, I sense great potential within you. In the future, I even foresee you becoming Champion after the prophecy I have given is fulfilled. You have the potential, no, the power, to push through anything that is thrown your way if you try hard enough. Do with that information what you will.
I felt mildly amused by this pair for just a moment. Zhen, the so-called “ringmaster”, didn’t even know what his own subjects’ motives and reasons were, I thought - and, as if I’d said that out loud, Zhen responded with a similar note of irritation in his tone to Rayquaza. “Yes, because I respect their privacy and I also don’t have the time or patience to follow every single thing they try to do. They usually look after themselves anyway, especially Quaza.”
Deciding not to push my luck any further, I opened my mouth to agree, but Zhen suddenly interrupted me. “Oh, right! That’s why I’m here in the first place, I was going to spice this up a little. See, normally I’d be 100% fine with this sort of thing of legendaries asking people for help, but I must admit being the overseer of the fabric of reality itself gets quite boring, so I think I’ll spice it up a little by making this a real story. Now where’d I put that book? Oh yeah!” A purple leather-bound book, labeled Da Rules, appeared floating in front of him, and he began to read a set of rules to me that I listened to very carefully.
  1. unknown.png
    If a Pokémon faints, it is dead - it is to be permaboxed ASAP
  2. Only the first eligible encounter may be caught in each area. There are, however, a number of exceptions:
    1. Dupes Clause: If the eligible encounter is one that Artemis already has the Pokédex entry for, it will be skipped - this applies to the entire evolutionary line, unless said evolution is an alternate path to any evolutions that have already been acquired (i.e. if Slowking is encountered and Artemis already has Slowbro, Slowking can be caught) though I may choose to add an extra rule such as linking the two Pokémon such that if one dies, the other dies.
    2. Legendary Clause: As Artemis' goal is to catch Groudon as foretold in prophecy, all Legendaries are considered eligible encounters.
    3. Shiny Clause: Artemis is not allowed to Shiny hunt, but on the offchance that a Shiny does appear it will be considered an eligible encounter.
  3. All Pokémon must be nicknamed, to strengthen the bond between Artemis and his team.
  4. While Pokémon can be deposited and withdrawn from the box freely, it is heavily discouraged. I may add a price to pay to do such a thing later if a good enough suggestion is given by anyone reading this.
  5. The run ends once May is defeated for the final time after the League. However, if there is enough demand for it, I may extend this to cover the Delta Episode too, in which case the run is considered over once Deoxys is caught or defeated.
“...knowing what lies ahead of you, you still wanna do this?”
After a couple seconds of consideration, I reached a conclusion: “...why not. I figure since my family’s moving to a new region as we speak, now’s as good a time as ever to start my Pokémon journey anyway.”
Zhen’s face lit up with delight. “Fantastic to hear. I just know it’s gonna be great fun watching it, Artemis. Now, go out there and make some prophecies come true!”
Then, as if by magic, a sudden jolt woke me up. I had fallen asleep in the back of the moving truck and had been woken up by it driving over something, and all of that conversation with Zhen and Rayquaza was a dream, somehow…something about it felt so real, though. The truck then slowed to a halt, and my mother opened the door. “Arty? Are you in there? I could hear you snoring!”
“Yeah, I’m coming!” As I got out of the truck, though, I couldn’t help but have a few more questions…
How did Zhen know my name? And what was Rayquaza talking about when he said I had ‘great potential’? It was all so hard to believe, yet perfectly believable, even predictable, at the same time…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread