• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke is now live! In this episode we're introducing two new stories, In the Sun's Embrace and Run Away, Survivors, and having a discussion about writing antagonists!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

[COMPLETED]Time & Space: A Sinnoh Run[COMPLETED]

Master Bryss

zd zd
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Their body is made of an intricate and interconnected weave of their own puns.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My only regret is that this run probably won't ever be eligible for a screen editing award.
Argon: Surely you mean banged grains.

Versil: I think I'd need to make exceptions for things like definite articles and 'to be' unless I don't like myself very much. So, if Neutral Syrb makes a callback reference in a run set in the past, which way does it call? Because it's his past but the world's future. One day that multiversal pub in Valhannan will open. One day.

Wooperfect Apple: Aww lookit adorable centipede. I feel like Cresselia-Therian should probably be some kinda of really angry swan. Wait, LoG had Armourswan, scrap that, abort, abort, before it's too late ooooh no the idea's in my head now. Darn.

wedward45: He... was SUPPOSED to be 15. Long story short, I realised that in-game dialogue in Dearly Me pegged him at 10, so I've had to go back and edit How Not (Dearly Me's irrational multipost structure means I can't edit most of its parts) to keep his age consistent. This also has the unfortunately effect of extending the length of the Tapir War by a few years, so... go me? Tldr: If Dearly Me as it is now ever refers to Syrb as 15, it is WRONG.

"Flat Christ, Neu! I knew you'd come back from death and all, but would it not have been prudent to mention that the World Horse was involved?"

I thought that he wouldn't come after you if you didn't know... and he didn't. He's come after me. You're just here for moral support.

THAT'S GOOD. SAY YOUR GOODBYES WHILE YOU CAN.

I am not going anywhere with you! I still haven't solved this bloody case!

WELL, YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING, CAN YOU?

Neither can you! Dad, open a gate to the Distortion World! We're leaving right no- Dad?

"Two questions, Neu. One, why is your dad now a chrysalis? And two... where did the knocked-out Arceus go?"

YET MORE QUESTIONS YOU'LL NEVER GET TO ANSWER. NOW, IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I AM A VERY BUSY GOD. PLEASE HOLD STILL WHILE I PLUCK YOU FROM THIS CORRUPTED TREE OF A WORLD.

HEY, IT ISN'T MY FAULT YOU CAN'T GARDEN PROPERLY.

!!!

NEUTRAL SYRB. WHILE YOU HAVE FAILED TO SOLVE THE CASE, YOU HAVE THROWN YOURSELF INTO IT WITH GUSTO, VIGOR AND OTHER WORDS THAT SOUND LIKE BRANDED FITNESS SUPPLEMENTS. I HEREBY ANOINT YOU AS ONE OF MY CHAMPIONS AND PLACE YOU UNDER MY PROTECTION.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

I KNOW, I KNOW, IT'S A BIT LAST MINUTE. WELL, IT'S NOT REALLY, GIVEN WE'RE DECADES BEFORE YOUR ORIGINAL CLAIM IN PLAYERVERSE TIME. BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A, YOU DON'T STRICTLY FOLLOW RULES OF LINEARITY WITHIN WORKS OF FICTION, AND B, YOU WORK IN AUTHOR MERIDIAN TIME. WELL, MOSTLY.

YOUR HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL ATTEMPT TO BAFFLE THE READERSHIP ASIDE, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE SITUATION AT HAND?

I AM NOT JUST HERE ABOUT THAT, DOBBIN. LET'S NOT FORGET THAT YOU ALSO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE AUTHOR'S DESIRE TO RETCON UFLLBCAN M. BRYSS' SINNOH ADVENTURE AND DISPLACED THE TWO INTENDED PROTAGONISTS INTO DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS. AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH, YOU ALSO EMPOWERED CYRUS BALLAD TO KILL THEM BOTH. REALLY, IF ANYTHING, ANY OF THE RESULTING READER CONFUSION FROM HAVING A TIMEJUMPY MULTIVERSAL NARRATIVE... IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT.

SO WHAT? THIS WAS IT. MY BIG CHANCE TO SCREW UP EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GOING FOR YOU. OF COURSE I WAS GOING TO TAKE IT. AND THEN THAT BLASTED NEGATRON HAD TO RUIN EVERYTHING.

ACTUALLY, I THINK YOU'LL FIND THAT WAS ALSO YOUR FAULT. YOU MADE HIM. AND THEN YOUR CHARM DROVE ROTOM MAD ENOUGH TO SUMMON HIM.

ONLY BECAUSE YOU CURSED IT! THOSE DEATHS ARE ON YOUR FLAGELLUM, O CREATOR!

...YES. THEY ARE...

"Ummm... might I offer a suggestion?"

...GO ON.

"I can't claim to know anything about the theological blame game that's going on here, but... that horse is trying to steal my partner. Please just kick his teeth in."

HE CAN'T. HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO DIRECTLY INTERFERE.

NEITHER ARE YOU.

...FIDDLESTICKS.

SO NOW WE'VE GOT ALL THAT ESTABLISHED... GET AWAY FROM MY PROTAGONIST.

NOT A CHANCE!

VERY WELL.

WE WILL DO THIS THE OLD FASHIONED WAY.
(with Sun/Moon spoilers, yo)

BEHOLD, THE UNIVERSE! ALL OF THIS WAS SHAPED BY MY HANDS! IT WAS A MISTAKE TO ENGAGE ME HERE, ON MY OWN TERRITORY!

DON'T WORRY, I WON'T DAMAGE YOUR FURNITURE. JUST YOU.

HOW ARROGANT. JUST BECAUSE I AM YOUR CREATION DOES NOT MEAN I AM WEAKER BY DEFAULT.

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, BUT ISN'T THAT AN ENTIRE THEOLOGICAL ARGUMENT? AND THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO COULDN'T EVEN CREATE A COMPETENT RIVAL BATTLE BACK IN PART NINE.

THIS ISN'T LIKE THAT! I SHALL REND YOU APART!

BEHOLD THE MADNESS OF NATURE!

YAWN. LISTEN TO YOURSELF. BEHOLD THIS, BEHOLD THAT. AND LIGHTNING BOLTS, REALLY? WAY TO PLAY TO THE GOD STEREOTYPES. WAS A WHITE BEARD TOO MUCH FOR YOU?

I'D RATHER BE A BOLT-THROWING WIZARD THAN A FLAT SARCASTIC EUPHEMISM!

STOP SHOUTING, YOU'LL RUIN YOUR LUNGS. HERE, LET'S ENJOY SOME OF YOUR NICE, PEACEFUL NATURE.

ISN'T THIS RELAXING? THE SUN ON YOUR FACE, BIRDS SINGING IN THE TREES...

DID YOU JUST GO RETRO ON ME? ADMITTEDLY, YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT, BUT STILL... BAD MOVE. HERE, LET ME SHOW YOU HOW AMAZING MODERN TECHNOLOGY IS.

TECHNOLOGY IS AMAZING. I CAN WIPE YOU OUT WITH A VIRTUAL BLADE AND STILL HAVE TIME FOR E-TEA.

BUT LOOK AT THE TEXT. IT APPEARS YOUR PROGRAM HAS ENCOUNTERED AN... UNHANDLED ERROR.

SEE? BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

PUNS. SARCASM. THAT IS ALL YOU WILL EVER AMOUNT TO. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GREATER ASPIRATIONS THAN YOU. I WAS ALWAYS MORE SERIOUS.

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, HAD A KNOCK-ON EFFECT ON EVERY SUCCEEDING RUN.

LET ME SHOW YOU EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE DONE WITH THE TOOLS YOU GAVE ME. YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN AS AMBITIOUS AS I.

W-WHAT'S GOING ON? WHY AM I FALLING? WAIT, I'M NOT FALLING...

YOU'RE GETTING HIGHER!

ALL THE BETTER TO KNOCK YOU DOWN!

OBSERVE! EVERY SINGLE MINUTE CELL, EVERY ATOM OF THIS UNIVERSE, ALL OF IT IS MINE. I AM THE MASTER OF ALL THINGS AT EVERY. SINGLE. LEVEL. IF YOU HAD JUST DONE WHAT MOST FICTIONAL FATHERS DO AND LEFT ME THE HELL ALONE, EVERYTHING WOULD BE BETTER. NO MORTALS WOULD HAVE DIED AS A RESULT OF OUR BICKERING. FOR ALL HIS POSTURING, BALLAD AT LEAST TAUGHT ME THAT. THIS WORLD DOES NOT NEED BOTH OF US.

AND IF JUST ONE OF US IS TO REMAIN, I THINK PEOPLE WOULD PREFER IT TO BE THE ONE THAT ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING RATHER THAN JUST MESSES ABOUT WITH LITTLE PET PROJECTS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHING?

...I AM CONSIDERING IF, PERHAPS, YOU ARE RIGHT.

YOU... ARE?

OF COURSE. I'M NOT SOME KIND OF MAD DICTATOR. YOU OFFER A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE, AND I'M EVALUATING IF IT HAS ANY MERIT. AND MY CONCLUSION IS... NO. YOU ARE WRONG. BALLAD WAS WRONG. AND IT ALL STEMS BACK TO A COMMON PRINCIPLE BOTH OF YOU SHARED.

THAT BEING...

THAT ONE IS BETTER THAN BOTH.

EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

GLADLY. OR, TO BORROW A TERM FROM YOUR BOOK... BEHOLD!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

EVERYTHING YOU SEE AROUND YOU, ALL OF IT WILL ALWAYS HAVE A TRACE OF ME. I ENABLED YOU TO CREATE. AND THEN, WHEN I WAS FINISHED, I LET YOU LIVE. YOU HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT A THORN IN MY SIDE EVER SINCE YOU FINISHED YOUR GREAT WORK, AND YET I STILL KEEP YOU AROUND, WHY?

BECAUSE YOU CANNOT KILL ME.

BECAUSE A SINGLE GOD, LEFT ALONE, IS A DANGEROUS THING. A GOD ALONE BECOMES A CONTROL FREAK, OBESSED WITH MANIPULATING EVERY DETAIL. I SEE IT IN YOU. LOOK HOW YOU STRIVE TO SHOW ME THAT YOU ARE MASTER OF EACH INDIVIDUAL ATOM. LOOK HOW YOU CREATED VERVALAC TO BIND DIALGA AND PALKIA. LOOK HOW I HAD TO CREATE THE OUTSIDER TO REIN YOU IN.

BUT DIDN'T YOU DO THAT BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T CONTROL ME?

BUT IF I WANTED TO CONTROL EVERYTHING MYSELF, I WOULD NEVER HAVE CREATED YOU.

THEN WHY? WHAT IS MY REASON FOR EXISTENCE?

BECAUSE...

BECAUSE I AM LAZY.

Y-YOU...

BUT NOW, I FEEL THAT THE TIME FOR SUCH LAZINESS HAS PASSED. YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR, PRIME. YOU TRIED TO TURN MY OWN CHAMPION AGAINST ME, AND FOR THAT YOU MUST BE PUNISHED.

AND SO, HERE, IN THE BLACKNESS OF SPACE, I SHALL METE OUT YOUR PUNISHMENT.

ARE YOU GOING TO ERASE ME?

OH GOODNESS NO. AFTER ALL, I STILL NEED YOU TO KEEP ME IN CHECK. YOU'RE VASTLY PREFERRABLE TO THAT IDIOT ACTUAL SON OF MINE. AND YOU'VE MANAGED TO DO ME A GREAT DEAL OF DAMAGE IN THIS BATTLE. GOOD GOING.

THANKS, I THINK...

IN FACT, FEEL FREE TO TAKE ONE LAST SHOT. IF IT KILLS ME, THE UNIVERSE IS YOURS.

DID IT WORK?

OF COURSE NOT, I RAN THE NUMBERS BEFORE OFFERING.

OF COURSE YOU DID. VERY WELL, OPEN FIRE.

WITH PLEASURE. ARCEUS-PRIME, FOR YOUR PERVERSION OF WHAT WAS SUPPOSED BE A SIMPLE SINNOH RUN, AND FOR YOUR CORRUPTION OF MY CHAMPION...

I DELIVER UNTO YOU MY FINAL JUDGEMENT!

FOR NOW...

ONE DAY, ANNAN, I SHALL RETURN. I SHALL CONCOCT A SCHEME EVEN GREATER THAN THIS ONE. AND YOU WILL FALL FOR IT SO HARD THAT IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO LIFT YOURSELF OUT OF IT. EVEN NOW, MY THOUSAND HANDS ARE SECRETLY WORKING ON MY NEXT PLAN OF ATTACK...

YES YES, IT'S GOING TO BE AWFUL. WE GET IT.

JUDGEMENT WILL PASS...

...The hell did we just witness?

A VERY NECESSARY BEATDOWN FOLLOWED BY A PREDICTABLE THREAT.

"But Neu's safe now, right? He's not gonna be claimed again?"

NO, HE ISN'T. PRIME IS NOW FULLY AWARE THAT HE IS IN MY GOOD BOOKS AGAIN.

But... I failed to solve the case?

PERHAPS. BUT THAT MIGHT BE BECAUSE IT ISN'T MEANT TO BE SOLVED YET. PLUS, LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER GOOD YOU DID. YOU PREVENTED... GOMEZ, IS IT NOW? YES, YOU PREVENTED GOMEZ FROM HIJACKING THE POWERS OF TIME. YOU PARTICIPATED IN THE GREAT HATCHET JOB OF 2006. AND, MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL...

You helped me achieve something my kind has wanted to do for thousands of years.

Uxie!

NEGATRON?

ALL HAIL NEGATRON!

"Wow! He overcame his inner darkness!"

You did just hear the 'all hail Negatron,' right? What's going on?

Your Giratina-father, he... well, he ate the Arceus of this world. And now its matter is part of him. The combination of the Alpha and the Outsider has created a rare creature indeed: Giratina, Paladin Mode. Not Forme. Mode.

And... what exactly does it do?

THAT LARGELY DEPENDS ON THE MOOD OF THE FUSION INSTIGATOR. IN THIS CASE, GIVEN YOUR FATHER'S MOST RECENT, PAINFUL MEMORIES, THE FUSION HAS CREATED THE EMBODIMENT OF EVERYTHING NEGATIVE A BRYSS HAS EVER SAID ABOUT A ROM HACK. ONLY NOW IT MAY BE CHANNELLED AND USED AGAINST SUCH THINGS. WHICH IS GOOD, BECAUSE THE AUTHOR HAS HELPFULLY INFORMED ME THAT ARCEUS-PRIME HAS INSTRUCTED SOMEONE TO MAKE HIM AN EPONYMOUS HAKE WITH THE INTENTION OF-

Never mind all that! My dad's a Paladin!

"That's so cool! But... how does that help Uxie?"

You may recall that my species was created as a means of control for the Prime to use against Dialga and Palkia. We stopped that. But... we never got our revenge, not really. Sure, we let the Outsider loose on the situation, but did we pixies ever strike back against the Middleman ourselves? No, we did not. This was a long time coming, but now, at last, we have made our species proud.

"Neu? What's wrong?"

...You knew. Both of you knew. Everything that's happened here... this was never about my redemption at all. This was just an extension of a millenia-old cycle of arguments. You lot sent me on this adventure knowing I'd eventually reach the Hall of Origin, defeat an Arceus, and then give Annan a chance to humiliate his own creation.

HE DID...

I don't care what he did! Yes, he made an absolute mess of this era's chronology! But you beat him! You overcame the challenge! Isn't that enough for you?

"Neu..."

And you know what? Cynthia and I have been working tirelessly to gather up all the cursed charms YOU created, so they don't hurt anyone again! Why was THAT not enough to get me redeemed?

THIS... I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO BE REDEEMED. TO RETURN TO THE SIDE OF GOOD.

...I thought I did. But I've realised something. There's no motivation for me to return to a side. Now that I think about it, that doesn't do anything for me. After all... I'm Neutral Syrb.

THAT'S... MY BOY...

Come on, Negatron. Let's get out of here.

"Ever since that day, I've been asking myself why I ran away from what I'd been working towards across two timelines. And every time, I reach the same answer I reached back then. For all his protestations that He was a different god back then, the truth is that he's still as much of a colossal prick as any Bryss would swear they are. And while that works for some people, it doesn't work for me.

After that day, I spent a lot of time alone. Well, never truly alone. The first thing I did was liberate my office supplies from the hell they'd found themselves in. We made a new home for ourselves in Distortion space, because of course irony would lead us to abannandon our former LordD for D-Space. After that, the whole of time and space was my oyster thanks to Negatr- to Father's new powers. So we vowed to travel across the length and breadth of the universe, helping those that deserved it. Heck, we even bailed out my altfather from a terrible dream he was having.

All of this I did because I wanted to help people on my own terms. No overall guiding principle other than 'do good unto others.' Which, I guess, means I'm not really true neutral. All I mean by 'neutral' is that I don't take sides. I won't follow one particular god, I won't subscribe to one particular philosophy. If the world should ever be divided into factions, I will be my own. That is what I want to do with my new life.

That said, a few years after I started, I did make one small exception..."

"Area secure. All tapirs in the nearby area are vanquished. The supply train will be up and running again before tomorrow."

So does that mean we're getting our Rosearl Grey back?

"...Neu..."

Cynthia...

"...Hmph! You kept me waiting, Syrb!"

But you kept waiting. And wow that is a hairflip and a half.

"Of course I did! I figured you just needed to make a big dramatic exit to make your point to the Flatness and then you'd be back. Although now I'm maybe thinking I should have specified 'within the year, please!'"

In my defence, I could be forgiven for thinking it WAS still 2006. You look like you haven't aged a day.

"Something something exposure to Distortion World?"

Probably.

"Although I see that even that couldn't prevent the onset of puberty..."

Don't you dare, Cynth. Don't. You. Dare.

"I'll keep my mouth shut. If you want me to.."

I could just leave right now and let you get on with this tapir war thing.

"Noooo, let's not go that far. Get me out of here."

If that's what you want.

"Well duurh. All of time, all of space, all of the bits in between people don't like to talk about..."

There's a lot of scope there. Lots of mysteries to be solved.

"Where do you want to start?"

Let's start with something simple. Stick to just the basics. Time and space.

"Time and space..."

And with that last inhalation of the twin lungs of the universe... adelante!

"Woo hoo!

...Aaah shit."

What?

"I was supposed to help break Bryss out of Tapircorp! He's currently being help prisoner!"

Oh... well... I think... I think everything'll work out out fine anyway. After all, we win the war.

"We do? I guess we're fine then. Which means..."

Neu and Cynthia's Detective Agency... is offically back in business.
Neutral Syrb's Star Platinum
Started: January 11th, 2016
Completed: December 30th, 2016

This is technically still part of the Time & Space banner, so no dedication. Although a thanks to the denizens of MirrorChat for giving me sound battle advice when I needed it.

As ever, Bryssverse gods know the goings-on of both Player and Authorverse, but just to confuse you all, they work on their own timeline. So, despite the fact that Neu won't die until 2034, Arceus-Prime has already done the deed he is now being punished for. However, at the time they're working at, Arceus Version hasn't been written yet.

Annan? Lazy? Sure his name isn't JagolD?

Yes, the entire point of the postgame plot was to establish the origins of a really minor part of a run that is just me snarking at a bad rum hake. Are you really so surprised?

WAIT HOLD ON BRYSS WHAT ARE YOU DOING ARE YOU SUGGESTING THE VILLAIN WAS PARTIALLY CORRECT ALL ALONG? Are you introducing questionable morality resulting from allying with one particular god over another? What is going on I thought you just did puns? But yis, let us not forget that Annan's actually done a lot of awful shit (and in the VC LP he originally spawned from he was very much intended as ultimately malevolent). Protagonist-centred morality much? Yes, I think so. He IS trying, though. Neu just has a very different perspective because of the path his life ended up taking.

I'm gonna admit, the original plan was for Syrb to actually be redeemed and become sorta like Annanic black ops. But this is more in-keeping with his character. Also, despite this run being a homage of sorts to Doctor Who (and Final Fantasy XIII-2), there is no analogue to the Doctor. You could argue that Evil Bryss is one, but he's not because he's clearly aligned with Annan.

Actual mid-Tapir War setting? What fresh spoor of madness is this I thought that was offscreen? And don't worry, the attempt to rescue Bryss would have failed even if Cynthia had been there. Some things are just fixed in time...

And so, the full version of Time & Space comes to an end. And as far as I'm concerned, it's the best thing I've ever written. This is basically because, in a sense, Time & Space is a metaphor for the entire Bryssverse. After all...

-Inherently confusing base narrative.
-Has branches that go to at least five other runs in some way.
-Callbacks/callforwards/things people with bad spelling decry as bad writing.
-Recurring themes as mentioned in the italicised notes, like Neu's reveal, Goddamns, etc.
-One element of the run that gets elevated above everything else as the thing people remember (GUNSTEVE's existence, Alicia).
-Puns.

If this ended up being your first Bryssverse run... I am so so sorry. But I promise you it'll be worth it. It'll actually make you think. Maybe it'll make you consider deviating from plot standards more.

And anyway all I wanted to do was make a DS run better than Game of Chance White, and that wasn't hard.
V, usual policy.

For those wondering when Game of Magic will come back, it'll be after I finish Fuligin. For now, a very special new run will be coming as soon as a certain someone regains internet. No, it's not Escape.

All I will say is... oh, look at the time! Es la luna. Gotta go.

V

Versil

Well, we can go with how Antfish made it in the first Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Abridged, with "FLASHBACK TO THE FUTURE!"

Having a case solved is far from everything. Especially after that backstory.

Meanwhile, in the related videos a theory that Unown is an Ultra Beast.

Still doesn't top Double Blast and Rocket Fuel. Yes, those are supplements for bodybuilders. Yes, I did make a joke of the latter in the context of Mossdeep Space Center once or twice.

Deity quarrels. Putting "con" in "retcon".

Hey, I can see Madagascar from there. It's like Nascar, but not boring and the air is as hot as the asphalt on the track.

Here we see Arceus Prime, stealing the Tapus' schtick.

It's like Future Sight, only solar. That's why you don't look straight at the Sun, even with psychic powers.

I should have suggested putting the phrase "unknown opcode" somewhere in it. sorry

Arceus is getting higher. 420 create it

Sometimes it's just better if the supervisor is more laid back.

Wasn't it someone relatively known's quote that it's best to leave jobs to lazy people because they will find the most efficient solution?

Yay, Morton Fork.

In all honesty. Gen2 Hyper Beam and Aeroblast are easily among the best move animations when adjusted to their generation of origin.

Great Hatchet Job. Please don't let it just be a Noodle Incident.

All hail Negatron, for anything is better than Bloodoof. Which includes Crogonk, Crogonk was cool.

And then Neu became the champion of a region to the south-east of Kalos. At least one Kingler from the Bryssverse gladly joined him.

Okay, never mind. Not a Switzerland-based region, a Norway-based region.

So, alternate history where it was the tapirs who dumped the tea into the sea?

Syrb, spoilers!

That's no surprise whatsoever, especially that making more connections between runs is fun. Also I find it funny how I could draw parallels between the morality shanannigans here and Shin Megami Tensei.

In other words, there's Time & Space for everything. And it just so happens that it's exactly now.
also naturally, there shall be usual policy. putting it in smallfont to not ruin my attempt on making the post end with a neat one-liner

A

Appleture Science

Giratina is adorable and needs hugs.
ANGRY RAINBOW SWAN.
Well, have fun with that :v

Can I send Cepheus to help out?
Hey, fight time!
Author Meridian time. Nice.
...welp.

Annan has a point, Lime!
It's ya girl Luzamine?
Be nice to the furniture, it doesn't deserve ill-treatment. Well, not all of it.
PRIME NO. YOU DO NOT INVOKE ATMA.

BEHOLD THE RIPOFF!
Technology is incredible! You can turn it off and go for a walk!
7.8/10 too much hands
Nice BSOD there.

Considering? Not for long :v
Ooooh. That's some good logic.
Hey, laziness is certainly an option. Annan, you want to borrow anyone to help get things back on track?
Of course he ran the numbers :v

We get the point :v
PALADIN MODE. But but Dark Knight...
Negatron approval mode?
Cynthia, please.

DETECTIVE AGENCY, YES

W

wedward45

Pokemon is the only setting where a Deus Ex Machina is acceptable.

V

Versil

[AUTOMATED] This topic has been moved to the Completed Screenshot and Written Log Runs subforum, as the nuzlocke has been completed.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
This was NOT my first Bryssverse run (that honor belongs to the alt evos nuzlocke, which was still confusing as heck to jump into), but even though I couldn't understand a great deal of it due to my lack of familiarity with what came 'before' it (time travel and retcons make finding the right time-based adjectives difficult for a literalist like me), I enjoyed what I read, and am looking forward into getting into your other runs.

Also, your shared universe has inspired me to take up nuzlocking again. Although this time around, I'm going to finish the run before starting to write the actual story, so I know which characters I should focus on and what direction the plot will lead in. I'm thinking of starting up a shared universe for my future runs as well, and if I succeed, I have ideas as to what the first three runs could be and how the first two at least tie into each other...

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Rereading this, it's suddenly struck me that this is one of the few cases in which a nuzlocke protagonist fails at an important mission (without actually losing a Pokemon battle) because Bryss and the Quincies fail to prevent Team Galactic from capturing the Lake Trio before they can. Interesting twist on the whole Sinnoh plotline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)