• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Story Johto Teen Mon [COMPLETED] The Last of Me: A Crystal Storylocke

Thread Description
So this is what extinction feels like! This run, is completed.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
In a world Ravaged by the Legendaries, the one surviving human must traverse his Home Region of Johto in an dangerous adventure. With the help of his only friends, The Pokémon, he must face off against the dangers of the land, who are also Pokémon.

Surprise, here´s a brand new Storylocke from me. If you haven´t expect to see this; don't worry, neither did I. I think it's important to tell you the story behind this, is as crazy as the Run itself. ​

During this last couple of months, while I was developing Run Away, Survivors, I´ve been also doing the gameplay for an X Storylocke. This Story was gonna be a little different from my previous works: A Light-hearted Comedy Run, starring a trainer. When I said a little different, I meant the literal antithesis. However, a single event ( My starter died in the middle of the game) killed my motivation, and the Storylocke was cancelled. ​

Then the mandatory isolation came into my life; Since I was gonna be locked inside my house for 2 Weeks, that extended towards 4 by the time I'm writing this, I decided to play a casual Nuzlocke of Crystal (Did you know we were both born in the same year, crazy right!) to kill off time. During those days, a channel on TV had the great idea of putting Wall-E; afterwards, I went to buy food, and the deserted city reminded me a lot of the start of that movie.​

All those elements together, sealed by something interesting I just realized during my run, that you´ll find out eventually, put an idea into my head. ​

And that's how, The Last of Me was born.​

This will Take place in the Afterverse, before the events of The Aftermath and Run Away, Survivors. I wanted to call it the Apocalyptic Storylocke Universe, but A.S.U sounds a tad silly.​

This wont´t be as intense as my other two runs; but things are about to get Ultra Violent, and awesome.
And no, that´s not a clue for another run I have in the works if that´s what you are wondering.

• Faint= Permabox
  • Catch first encounter per area.
  • Set Mode
  • No Repels
  • Shiny and Dupe Clause
  • NO LEGENDARIES, as if I could get one.

I haven´t finished the game yet, but I swear I´ll fill this when I defeat Lance.

UPDATE: Guess who has finally defeated the Champion!!!

BTW, Nobody died on this run. This is incredible.

Out there

There's a world outside of Yonkers

Way out there beyond this hick town, Barnaby

There's a slick town, Barnaby

No matter how many times I´ve done this, It's always fun to play this song in my PokéGear everytime I visit the City of Cherrygrove.​

Out there

Full of shine and full of sparkle

Close your eyes and see it glisten, Barnaby

I won´t move a finger, until Cornelius tells me to.​

Listen, Barnaby...

Put on your Sunday clothes

There's lots of world out there

Get out the brillantine and dime cigars

We're gonna find adventure in the evening air

Girls in white in a perfumed night

Where the lights are bright as the stars!

You know, I never imagined playing this song like this: Strolling around a destroyed Wasteland, with only me and my Pokémon as the only around. But enough about that, we have a job to do.​

We scavenged the houses and the Pokémon Center already, but there's always something of interest at the Mart. ​

Beneath your parasol, the world is all a smile

Oh man, here comes my favorite part.

That makes you feel brand new down to your toes

I can't contain myself anymore, I must sing at the top of my lungs.​

Get out your feathers, your patent leathers

Your beads and buckles and bows

For there's no blue Monday in your Sunday...

No Monday in your Sunday...

No Monday in your Sunday clothes!

Oh Geez, Charlie is annoyed at my singing; my poor Chikorita has heard that song over a thousand times, every single time we go out. ​

Back on the search, there´s nothing of value at the register, so we have to head into the storage rooms. Some of the essentials were found: FOod, medicines, you know the drill. But there was one essential thing we found that put a smile on our faces: An entire box of imported Lumiose Galettes. It's been sooo long since we indulged ourselves. Tonight, we are gonna dine like royalty.​

We loaded our cart with the supplies, and we headed back home. At this point I turned the Pokégear Off.​
I don´t want this thing to run out of juice so quickly, and is always good to hear the sounds of mother nature from time to time.​

…​

New Bark Town, Home Sweet Home.​

I always have a feeling of Nostalgia every time I enter this important piece of my life.​

It doesn't matter that every house is now piles of rubble, or that I´m the only person here, or that everyone I once knew is dead...family, friends, even acquaintances. That doesn´t matter; what matters is that I´m alive, and that I still can call this place home; Besides, who needs them, when I already have a family to count on.​

Speaking off, I already spot Sammie guarding our home. One can always count on that little Spearow to take care of the others. Me and Charlie run into her, and we all entered in.​

Honey, I´m Home. As soon as I opened the door, a bunch of Pokémon gathered to greet me: You already met Peter and Charlie; but we also have Selena, the cutest Sentret you’ll ever see; Geoff, that Stonehead of a Geodude; Petey, a calm Pidgey; and Carl, just a Metapod.​

They are my closest friends, and I´ll give my life away to protect them.​

We all took seats next to each other in the floor, forming a giant circle the seven of us; I gave everyone all the food we found, and they ate them in a calm manner.​

Well, since there wasn't any incident or fights in the last two days. I pulled out the bag of Galettes. How about you all have a little threat for tonight.
When I gave everyone their proper share of sweets, they all gobble up with a huge smile on their faces.​

This was a fun time indeed, shame that it didn't last for long: Yeah, they enjoyed the food, but everyone then started to look at me with a face of concern. ​
I couldn´t understand, everything was fine, as fine as it can be, what could be the cause of such concern.​

What's wrong everyone? I asked. Are you worried about something? If it is about Carl, he's only a couple of days away from evolving, won´t stay as a Metapod for long.

Chikorita. No, That was not the reason. Charlie is calling me out. Chiko, Chikorita.

That's nonsense. Of course I´m happy staying here with you.

Spearow! Sam was the next in line. Spearow, Spearow, Spea..row.​

Yeah, I missed them, but you all know I had a hard time getting out of that mess alive.
Besides, it's not like I could do anything about it now.

Chikorita! My Starter sneaked into my pockets, and pulled out my Pokégear.​

Attention all citizens. This is Champion Lance on an emergency Broadcast. Every remaining human in Johto must arrive to Goldenrod City for evacuation.
I Repeat, every remaining human must arrive to Goldenrod CIty for evacuation. This Is Cham…

You are fully aware that signal has been looping for more than a week. I took my Gear back.
Even if we go, we won't find anyone there, assuming we survive the trip.

Chikorita! Charlie was mad at me. Chikorita, chiko, chikorita!

And what if we are not strong enough! I yelled at them, lost control of myself. I know we are are a team, but we are not in that world anymore.​
What if I´m not a good enough trainer, what if you guys get killed because of me! I won't live with myself if you guys die.

I couldn't keep myself anymore, I started to cry. Charlie and Selena got closer to me, and tried to comfort me. Chikorita…. Chiko….rita.

You are right, this is neither healthy, nor fair to me, to any of you. I cleaned myself with some toilet paper nearby. ​
I´m sorry, I shouldn't had lash out on you. You had nothing to do with my problems. Problems that I need to fix out myself.

Metapod! Carl and Geoff were giving me words of encouragement. Geodude...Geodude!

Wait, do you all wanna accompany me?

Chikorita! Spearow! They were cheering. Sentret! Pidgey!

It´s settled then. When the sun rises, we will all start our journey towards Goldenrod City.

All of my Pokémon friends then gathered together for a group hug. It was a heartwarming experience, even if Geoff was crushing us all with this Strength.​
This is gonna be a tough trip; there´s gonna be danger in any single place. But my team believes in me, and I believe in my team.​

Thank you Guys...for everything.

Updates will now be uploaded every Sunday; It's time I get serious with this Project.

Tanks a lot for this weird project, and I wish you all a Happy April Fools Day.

Last edited:

Salt&PepperBunny

Formerly MouseWithADinosaurTail
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
I'm very tired so I unfortunately can't tell if this is an April Fools day joke or not. But I legitimately enjoyed this, hahaha? I'm not quite sure why the protag doesn't speak out loud (unless the whole conversation with his pokemon was all in his head), but there are some legitimately wholesome vibes here, and the idea of trying to get to Goldenrod City in time for an evacuation is a cool idea. If you end up doing more, I'll read the next chapter!

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm very tired so I unfortunately can't tell if this is an April Fools day joke or not. But I legitimately enjoyed this, hahaha? I'm not quite sure why the protag doesn't speak out loud (unless the whole conversation with his pokemon was all in his head), but there are some legitimately wholesome vibes here, and the idea of trying to get to Goldenrod City in time for an evacuation is a cool idea. If you end up doing more, I'll read the next chapter!
Enough joking around, It´s time to get serious with this run (And by that I mean to upload more chapters, obviously)

On the road
On the road

Oooo. This is the quite the perfect song, for a perfect road trip.​

On the road
On the road

I always knew downloading that album was a wonderful Idea.​

On the road to Viridian City

I'm on my way

I'm on the road
I'm on the road

On the road to Viridian City

I'm on the road

With the Pokégear at top volume, me and my team have officially started our morning walk. ​
Route 29, Cherrygrove City, Route 30, and Route 31; I still can't believe we traversed all of those places, in just three days.​

Of course, it wasn't easy. We spent the entire first day hunting for enough supplies for such long trip: Medicine, different tools of the trade, a pair of clothes, Water, documents just in case, and all the food we could carry. Oh right, I almost forgot the toilet paper, never forget the toilet paper.

Fun fact: do you know how much self-control it took for us to avoid entering the Dark Cave, located in Route 31?
It may sound silly now, but we were really curious to see what was inside. Thanks goodness Charlie was there to keep us in line.

And he has a point; if we want to reach Goldenrod in time, we have to get serious, and avoid getting distracted with every single thing.

NO big thing, we can definitely do this; Not like Johto is considered to be one of, if not the most beautiful Region in the entire world, and it would be a darn shame to miss out all those amazing places. Like I said, no big thing.

Anyways, Violet City was on sight; According to my calculations, If we make quick work of the place, and go west, we might be able to reach the evacuation in just two more days. This is so exciting.

Houses were already looted, so was the Pokémon School; And with enough goodies taken from the Mart and Center, we had to move on.

-Freeee- Carl was calling me.-Freee, Freeeeee.-
-Believe me, I want to explore Sprout Tower as much as you do- I sat down next to my Dear Bug Type - But we can´t afford to lose any more time-

-Sentret- Selena joined in, and tried to persuade me with her adorable stare. But I resisted the charms, and continued with the journey.

-We will reach Goldenrod City, and absolutely nothing will stop us!-

I completely Jinxed it; upon reaching Route 36, something had stopped us: There was a never ending path of fallen trees, blocking the entire road.
There goes our fastest way towards Goldenrod, and the longer path will take us an entire week to get through.

-Well, this blows. But can you do.- I tried to stay positive; this was just a minor setback, nothing to be upset about.

-At least this day won't be getting any worse.- And as soon those words came out, a heavy rain started to pour around the whole area.

Me and my big mouth.

-Free...Butterfree.- Carl advises, while he covers behind me.

-*Sigh* You´re right Carl- I tried to calm myself down.- It's better if we stay inside the City until the weather´s clean.-

-Sentret!- Selena asked with excitement- Sentret, sen… Sentret!

-Yes Selena- I laughed a little bit- I guess we are gonna visit the Tower after all.-
My little normal type then hugged me and Carl out of happiness, at least something good came out of this oddity of a day.

We rushed back into the city, it was dangerous to stay outside on this crazy weather.
I ran as fast as I could, I even almost slipped a couple of times on the way. But at last, we made it into the tower.

I gotta say, this place looks incredible, even after all this mess; I heard somewhere that this kind of temples are built to resist earthquakes, and they made a darn good job in keeping this landmark almost intact.

Of course, it was far from perfect: There were leaks everywhere, the wood was about to rot, I´m pretty sure some Bug Types made some damage around, and it's a freaking miracle nothing or no one set this place on fire yet.

I pulled the team out of their Pokéballs, so they could explore on their own while I change my clothes, because the last thing I need is to catch a cold.

I arrived to a small bathroom on the lower floors, one that I hope hasn´t flooded yet; and after putting my wet attires to dry off, and having to dry my body as well, I put on a spare set. Thank goodness I managed to pick them up in advance, otherwise it would've been really awkward if I went full commando around my team.

After completing that awkward task, I returned to the ground floors, where Charlie and the birds awaited me; Carl and Selena were still exploring, with Geoff keeping an eye on them. Both Sam and Peter really wanted to join the others, it's a shame their wings didn´t allowed them to fly, thanks to this forsaken weather. Sammie in particular was eager to fly upstairs, like if she didn´t want to miss something happening there.

Of course, who am I to ruin their fun; I went ahead and helped them dry off their feathers with a small towel. I´m not gonna lie, this was an incredible experience: These two never allowed me to pet them, and finally having the chance to display such a form of affection, is something you'll never forget.

Charlie even sit next to me, it´s like we were one small happy family.

If only the other three were here to join in on the fun. Although, now that I think about it, they were out for way too long. What's even more concerning, is that the main pillar was shaking like crazy; this only happens when there's too much movement in the tower.

The four of us rushed upstairs to catch them up, before something else happens.

As we reach the stairs, I could heard some voices from afar.
-Sentret! Sentret!- Selena was calling for us, she must be scared. We must hurry up.

We finally got to the final floor, and boy we were for a surprise. The place was plagued entirely by a massive flock of Bird Pokémon: Pidgeys, Spearows, even Hoothoots; they were all causing quite the ruckus.

-Free, Freeee!- I can hear Carl, they must be nearby; but with all these birds flying around, is nearly impossible to see the rest of our group.

-Sammie, Peter.- Maybe my own birds could help me.- Can you do something to calm them down.-
-Pidgey! Pid..gey!- He has a point, There's no way to talk with them right now.
-Spearow! Spearow!- Sam was catched a glimpse of the others, they were right in the opposite corner.

As far as I could see, Selena and Carl were fending off as many foes as they can; all while Geoff is having a violent bout with a giant Pidgeotto, possibly the leader of this flock. My Geodude may be strong, but even he doesn´t stand a chance against such a strong opponent, not alone at least.

Sam and Pete attacked the big Bird from behind, while Charlie peppered the other foes with a barrage of Razor Leafs, and a ferocious Growl. He's cute and powerful, that's why I chose him as my starter Pokémon, all those months ago.

I checked on the others, thank goodness they didn't get any major injuries form this.

-Everyone listen! There's only one way stop this fight!- If the strongest of them falls, the others may follow.- At my signal, Tackle the Pidgeotto at once!-

The Six Pokémon followed my lead, and surrounded the Bird Pokémon in a giant circle.
-NOW!!!- The entire team bashed their heads at him, at the exact same time.

The leader fell straight into the ground, with the others birds calming down as a result.

-Alright Rustle Feather.- I approached him, with the most serious expression I could make.- Unless you wanna end up as tomorrow's breakfast, better tell me why you attacked my friends.-

-Pigeotto!- He spoke nervously.- Pid ... Pidgeot ... Pidgeotto!!!-

-I understand having to stay here due to the weather, and I can forgive your searchfor food.- I helped the bird to stand up, while maintaining an intimidating stare. -But murdering my family; that's something I´ll never, ever, forget.-

Me and my team went downstairs, and left the flock on their own luck; hoping the others understood my message, and don´t mess with us again.

-PiD...gEy!!!- Peter was looking at me with the a shock and terrified expression.
-Come on Peter, Of course we weren't going to actually eat him.- I stood near him and try to ease his fears.- But yeah, I'm really sorry for scaring you. It was something I had to do to ensure our own safety.

But now that problem was settled, we were finally able to settle in for the night, and sleep in peace and nothing to worry about.

At last, the sun finally rose up, and the rainclouds have finally left the blue sky, replaced by the majestic rainbow.

We didn't waste any time in getting out of the Sprout Tower, to witness how the flock flew away into the unknown. Even after what happened yesterday, I'm still glad to see them safe and sound, and wish them luck on their own trip.

But we also had our own trip to worry about, and continued the walk towards Goldenrod.
-Row…- Upon seeing the streets drying off from all that water, Sam realized something hilarious - Spea… row… Spearow!!!-

-Oh my god Sammie, that was… just flawless!!!- We all had a laugh at her wisecrack joke.- But nice try, we are all still gonna take a shower upon reaching the closest river.-

There´s still a long way to go, so why not enjoy all the little things in life.

The Narrator

Charlie The Chikorita
Selena The Sentret
Sam The Spearow
Peter The Pidgey
Geoff The Geodude

Introducing: Carl The Butterfree

And with special participation of The Violet CIty Birds.
No Birds were harmed during the making of this Chapter.

Oh Boy, there´s a lot to unpack here.

This run is full of surprises, I originally planned to make just one chapter and leave it at that; but, there was quite the potential with the story, that I couldn´t just abandon the project. And with the surprising positive reception, and being a nice chance of pace from my other work, I got the motivation to continue with a second update.

That being said, This is gonna be a very short Storylocke, with Around 8 Chapters in Total, And some things will definetely be skipped over because of it.

As for the chapter itself, there´s not much to talk about. The Pidgeotto and his flock are the obvious stand ins for Falkner and his Gym battle.
Of course, with the Narrator being the only human alive, he had to battle a bunch of wild Pokémon instead.

Thanks once again for reading, and I wish you all a safe and amazing day.

Last edited:

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Happy Late Mother´s Day Everyone!!!
And to celebrate this holiday, here´s a chapter that has nothing to do with Mother´s Day at all.

After days of travelling, we reached the town of Azalea. As one would expect, this place was overwhelmed by the vegetation, and populated by Bug Type Pokémon. And as we all feared, all those Pokémon have their sights on us, with the hopes of turning us into their afternoon brunch. ​

At moments like this is when I like to turn my Pokégear on, and play some music.​

Tumble outta bed and I stumble to the kitchen

Pour myself a cup of ambition

Yawn and stretch and try to come to life

We could spot eleven of these predators, all lead by a vicious Scyther.​

Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumpin'

Out on the street the traffic starts jumpin'

With folks like me on the job from 9 to 5

The team was all set and ready to fight. Hit it Dolly!

Workin' 9 to 5, what a way to make a livin'

Barely gettin' by, it's all takin' and no givin'

Charlie knocks some sense into a Ledyba and a Spinarak with a mighty tackle.​

They just use your mind and they never give you credit

Carl uses his Psychic abilities to confuse and defeat the entirety of the Weedle evolution line.​

It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it

Selena follows Charlie by tackling a Caterpie and a weedle into submission.​

9 to 5, for service and devotion

Peter gust away a very unlucky Paras.​

You would think that I would deserve a fat promotion

Sam unleashed her power by Pecking both a powerful Metapod, and a sturdy Kakuna​

Want to move ahead but the boss won't seem to let me

Geoff was the one to battle against the Scyther, and he defeated the leader by throwing a rock.​

I swear sometimes that man is out to get me!

After such overwhelming defeat, the Swarm had no choice but to retreat. We were finally allowed to continue on and explore….​

You know what, I just can't do it, this is getting way too forced for my taste. These last couple of days weren't really the most exciting; In fact, they were … really depressing: One day we visit the Ruins of Alph, now that everything was in ruins as well; Then, we pass by the old fishing pier of Route 32; And just yesterday, we got inside Union Cave, praying there´s an open exit on the other side.​

Things went without a hitch, but still. Travelling into a deserted wasteland is not as cool as the media made it out to be, and is just another reminder of how lonely and miserable you really are, and how great things were before this mess, when people traveled across the region on their own journeys, and shared their own unique experiences with other people; sharing your own adventures was the fun things about this, but now that nobody´s left, the journey just… lost all meaning, and enjoyment. I thought reaching Azalea, or fighting those Bug Types might light things out, but no.​

I sometimes even doubt if doing all of this is really worth, if there's really something waiting for me at that City of Goldenrod. ​
If it weren't for Charlie and the others encouraging me to move on, I would´ve quit back in New Bark. ​

I came so far, I can't give up now!!!​

…​

Back to Azalea. At least that battle with those Bug Types was really fun, shame it didn't last for so long. With the path free, we were able explore what's left of the Town. My Pokémon and I went as usual: Search the houses for supplies, see if there's a good place to spend the night, and try to avoid the empty void that is the Slowpoke Well. Oddly enough, it looks like somebody beat us to the bunch, all the houses were already looted, nothing useful to be found. This, can only mean one thing: The evacuation will indeed happen, and other humans passed here on their way to Goldenrod. Either that or those things were stolen by other Pokémon, I really hope is the first one.​

But there's still one place left to search, I saved the best one for last: The house of Kurt, the Pokéball Creator himself. I had to get there, and see if I can get a grasp on one of his legendary Craftsmanship. Don´t get me wrong, these balls are completely situational at best, and do the opposite of their intended purpose at worst, but they could serve as a cool souvenir once I leave the Region. ​

Hail (hail)

That's weird, when I get closer to the house, I swore I heard some music, and someone singing.​

Hail (hail)

What's the matter with your mind

And your sign an-a, oh-oh-oh

At first I thought someone left their Pokégear on, after they looted the place; But once I sneak my way towards the entrance, the voice sounded more real, and more feminine. And when the time finally arrived for me to open the door, I couldn't believe my f*cking eyes.

Come and get your love

Come and get your love

There was another human, another freaking human, singing out loud while holding a Love Ball. And swear she was human, she had two eyes, and opposable thumbs, and hair only in her head. It´s been god knows how long since I saw another one of my kind; when my eyes met hers, I was overwhelmed with a sense of joy, I stood there in silence trying to hold my excitement​

Come and get your love

Come and get your lo...

When she first laid eyes upon me, she turned off her Pokégear, and stood there in silence as well. It´s been like that for a few seconds, I had so many questions I wanna make to her, I needed to break the ice one way or another. But when I was about to say something, a Pokémon next to her casts a large Smokescreen, and she then pushed me aside and ran away from the house. I couldn't just let this meeting end like this, I had to go after her.​

-Peter, Sammie, Don´t let her get away!-I asked to my two birds, as we all rushed out of Azalea, and heading towards the Ilex Forest.​

…​

If anyone wanted me to make a long, detailed description of how beautiful this Forest really is; then I´m really sorry for disappointing you, but we have someone important to chase. It took us a lot of running, my lungs were on fire, but we managed to cornered her in a dead end path. ​

She wasn't fond of this, for obvious reasons, and released sent her Pokémon against us.​
-Get any closer… and my Quilava will burn this whole place down.-​

-No please, I´m not here to hurt you.- I was both terrified and amazed at the Fire Starter, specially with how strong it looks compared to my beloved Chikorita.- I just wanted to interact with literally the first human I´ve seen after everything went to hell.-​

-Well, your people skills is another thing that went to hell.- She calmed down, realizing how much of an idiot I truly.-So what do you want?-​

-Well...I...just..wanted--to- She was right, my people skills were really awful.​
-I just wanted to talk to you, and see if we could go to the evacuation together.-​

-So that's what brings you here.- The little joy she had was then thrown off the window.-Do you really belief that lie of getting back to civilization?-​

That word really hit me: A lie. Did she really belief my only hope of getting back with humanity, was a lie. I couldn't believe that, it must be a lie, a lie about something being a lie, she must be lying That's when I started to notice something within her attire: Without trying to get too much into the Male Gaze, last thing I need is to be shipped with MORE people, is that her shirt had a peculiar Red R letter.​

I recognized that symbol, it was the trademark emblem of the infamous Team Rocket Organization. She was one of them, and that Quilava must´ve been…​

-Of course you might say that, you thief.- I was angry, and frustrated.-And that starter doesn't belong to you, so give it back, or else..-​

-Or what, do you really think your weak birds have a chance to defeat it.- She was done with this, the Fire Type was about to burn us with Ember, if not by a Rock getting thrown at it. Geoff was our only hope to win the fight, but neither side wanted to fight.​

-You know what, this is just a waste of time.- She ordered the Quilava to stop with the fight, and the two just went back to Azalea.-If you want to believe in your fairytales, and that morality nonsense, that's not of my goddamn business.- If only she said it like that. And the Starter seems to be happy with her, or at least respects her enough to continue by her side. It was bad for me to assume she was a thief, but it was too late for me to apologize. ​

There goes my first interaction with a fellow human; But I'm not gonna give up yet, there will be an evacuation there, There must be.​

In a piece of convenient timing, the nightfall just arrived on the scene. I was too tired to deal to travel any longer, I set up a small camp next to a small shrine; didn´t fully remember what it represented exactly, but sure was making me feel safe. I had to get ready; because tomorrow, or the day after, I´ll finally reach Goldenrod, and I´ll finally get out of this depressing region, no matter what anyone says!!!​

And you know something funny: Before I close my eyes to fall asleep, I swear I saw a Small Psyduck staring at me. It was very cute.​
Today was an interesting day indeed.​

The Narrator

Charlie The Chikorita
Selena The Sentret
Sam The Spearow
Peter The Pidgey
Geoff The Geodude

Introducing: The Other Human
And a Quilava.

And with special participation of: A Psyduck, that is clearly not my catch for Ilex Forest.

It´s really hard to be positive at all times, specially if you´re on a journey like this. I had a lot of freetime this week, and I was really motivated to work on this chapter in particular. The title is a lie, there´s more of him, than even he expected.

And yes, the battle in The Azalea Gym was a real cakewalk, specially with Geoff on my team.

This week songs are:
9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
Come and Get Your Love By Redbone

Thank you all for reading, and I wish you a good night.

Last edited:

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
This Run: Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!

I had some extra free time this week, and I got inspired to work on another chapter.

What's the best way for you to wake up in the morning, to prepare yourself for an important day: Some People like to get coffee for breakfast, others like to take a nice relaxing shower, and those are the only two examples I could come up with.

But for me, the definitive way to wake up like a boss, is to see Selena walk.

Ever since she evolved into a Furret, kicked a lot of butts off-screen, my precious little Normal Type was full of surprises: For starters, she's Huge; We were all led to believe one could carry them in your shoulders, but I will collapse if I were to do that. I know, because she jumped into me in celebration. But It was super adorable, so screw my back.

Back on the walk, one would think a Furret only jumps to traverse the lands; but no, Selena just walk normally with her small little paws, and is the most adorable thing you could ever imagine. The only thing that would make this adorable scene even greater is some music, chipper wholesome music, like the theme song for a small little town on a distant region.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what´s about to happen next, I just wanted to share this bit of happiness for everyone to read. It's always important to pay attention and appreciate all these amazing moments, as small as they are. Believe me, that's really going to come in handy.

...​

But enough stalling: It's time for the event we all been waiting for twenty days, that somehow felt like three entire months: Our arrival to The City of Goldenrod. And we didn't come alone; that's right, some new Pokémon joined the family. First is Penny, a lovely Psyduck from Ilex Forest; And Donna, the devious Drowzee of Route 34.

Both of them followed us, with no one looking after them; and since the rest grew fond of the two, I allowed them to travel with us.

Back with the City. This place really stands out among its piers in the region of Johto, even after the Apocalypse: All the magnificent buildings were still intact; from the Humongous Department Store, to the addictive Game Corner, even the Magnet Train didn't crash into the station somehow. It was truly something to behold. That being said, there´s one peculiar change that truly makes this place stand out; Pokémon had taken absolute control, inhabited all buildings, like if they created their own small community in these lands.

I hope we don´t get into trouble with them, that would be an epic disaster.

We didn't care for that, our sights were solely set for the iconic Radio Tower; no other humans could be found anywhere else, so they should set the evacuation here. -Attention all citizens. This is Champion Lance on an emergency broadcast. Every…-

The transmission is still on loop in my Pokégear, so nobody pulled the plug just yet.

Before I could enter the station, I put everyone in their respective Pokéballs, I didn't know how this will go down if they were inside; the only one out was Charlie, my starter Pokémon, and the one who motivated to go here in the first place. I needed him on my side.

-Chiko…- He looks at me with some concern. - Chiko… Chikorita? -

-I want to believe I'm ready too.- I replied back, my body was shaking like crazy.- But I'm very nervous, I never expected this, NOBODY truly expected this.- I had to be brave, just a little more, just a little more to get out of this nightmare.

...​

Nobody was on the first floor; no fellow survivors, no authorities, nothing. - Hellooo, is anyone there? - But no, nobody answers. -Chikorita, CHiko… chikorita. - Charlie is right, maybe they're upstairs. The place has five floors after all, there’s no need to panic just yet.

Second floor, nothing; Third floor, even emptier than the last one; the path to the director´s office, still nothing. I was getting desperate, maybe they are all hiding on the final floor, where the transmission was playing.

I ran as if my life depends on it, because It was.

I didn't hold back, and kicked the entrance to the fifth floor. Sadly, it was also empty. Nobody was there, the place was empty, and abandoned. If that's the case, then how... -Attention all citizens. This is Champion Lance on an emergency Broadcast...- I could heard that cursed transmission in the room, it was coming out from an old recorder, connected to an electrical outlet.

But aside from that, there was only a journal lying next to a table. -Every remaining human in Johto must arrive to Goldenrod for evacuation. - It was a written log. At the last page, it says that the final day for the evacuation was…. 11 days ago.

-I repeat, every remaining human must arrive to johto for evacuation. - This can't be, so are you telling that I would've missed the escape, even if I followed the transmission since day one. -This is Champ…-

I lost it, and threw that miserable transmission into the ground.

Couldn't take it anymore, and fell into the ground myself. Fear, anger, frustration, sadness; all those emotions overwhelmed my mind, after my last hope to return to civilization, to reunite with human civilization, is all gone.

Everything we've experienced, was for nothing.

-I should've known, I should've fucking known. – That other person was right; the evacuation was truly a lie. - But I was dumb enough to not see the obvious signs, or just desperate enough to deny it. -

-Chikorita. - Charlie tried to calm me down, but I was too frustrated to pay him attention.

-But what else can I do! That was my only option, and was nothing more than bullshit. Perhaps is better if we just give up and move on. -

-CHIKORITA! - He didn't like me giving up. - CHIKO … CHIKO … CHIKORITA! -

-AND WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY PAIN! - As soon as those words came out of my mouth, I immediately regret it. Charlie was crying, he was deeply hurt, and ran away from me without even looking back.

I realized, I screwed up big time. Charlie may not have witnessed the mass genocide of his own species, but he truly knows a thing or two about being the last of them still on this earth: He's A Starter Pokémon, after all.

But by the time I realized this, it was already too late: He's gone, and it's all my fault.

…​

I exit the tower; Charlie was nowhere in sight. And to be honest, I didn't see any reason why he should forgive me: I´m nothing more than a bother with nothing worth saving. I kept the others in their Pokéballs, it was not a good idea to make them go through that.

I was very close to release them all, but I didn't have the energy to do anything.

I, just sit down, next to the Infamous Game Corner, like if I were a vagabond. Which is funny, I did look like one, only I have a ton of money with me; Old, damaged, useless money; money I can't even use to buy something stimulant. And now I wonder, they use drugs and/or booze because of an addiction, or is just their way to cope with their pain? Did they really become like this by choice, or were just victims of the cruel human society?

And now when you think about it, was the apocalypse caused by us, or was an act of God to exterminate us and put an end to our selfish acts?

I don't blame either way, after what we did to this earth, after what we did to these wonderful creatures, we call Pokémon: enslave them, put them into Pokéballs, breed them, and even force them to fight each other against their own free will.

Perhaps is better if we, is better if I just die, the world would be better off without us.

I was about to release the rest of my team into the wild, when a couple of Meowths walked in, staring at me with disgust. -Meowth? - They lost interest in me, upon realizing I was still breathing. - Meowth … Meow... Meowth …. Meowth. - Big catch, what big catch?

I managed to get a hold on one of them, and asked about this big catch they're talking about: Apparently there's a Grass Type lurking around the city, and they are gonna hunt for it; that's gotta be Charlie, and he's in great danger. The Normal Type then points a direction before I let it go. I had to head there and save him before it's too late.

-Peter, Sammie, I need your help. - I called upon the two birds to aid with the search.

We eventually heard the voice of our dear friend, coming out of the Department Store.

Our presence was noticed, as a trio of Sentrets awaited us at the reception; but with the efforts of Sammie and Geoff, we pushed their defenses and went downstairs. Later floors were flooded with a variety of enemy Pokémon; Meowths, Snubbulls, even Jigglypuffs.}

I would prefer not to hurt these adorable little fellas, but since they are about to hurt my closest friend, I´m not gonna hold back. Selena joined in the fight, and kicked butts and bashed heads with her powerful Headbutt Attack.

Battle after battle, after battle later, we reached the rooftop of the facility, where a particular Chikorita was hiding under some furnitures. Those monsters did a number on him; he looked so hurt, so sad, and so… familiar.

Oh no, that fateful memory returned into head.

It was a long time ago, a year before all of this happened, when I first met Charlie, under similar circumstances. It was nothing special, young trainers used to either release these Grass Type starters or deposit them forever into the PC: They are weak, their type is terrible against the gyms, he looks too girly, he´s a male Chikorita, I knew them all by memory.

He needs medical attention, but refuses anyone to come closer; If his trainer was there, I would´ve punched the teeth right out of his face. -Is alright, I´m not gonna hurt you- I lowered myself, and offered him my hand. It took some time, but he gave me a chance.

Over time, after I took care of him, we became closer. He even allowed to give him a nickname: Charlie The Chikorita. Instead of isolating himself, he gave himself the chance to thrust in a human once again, and to reopen his heart.

He never gave up on me, but I did. I truly made a huge mistake, and I had to fix it.

-Charlie, I´m really sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you, and I shouldn't have yelled at myself.- I lowered myself, just like the first time we met.- I promise I'll try my best to become better, and to find a way back to civilization, even if you don't forgive me.-

He cried, not for sadness, but out of happiness. He got out of his hiding spot, and jumped right into me. As he gets closer, his body shined, and grew exponentially. He evolved into a Bayleef, and just when he was about to jump into me. I was filled with so much joy and excitement, I didn´t mind if he was crushing me. -Bayleef, Bayleef. - Yeah, I totally deserved that.

-Spearow! - Sammie and the others were also happy at the reconciliation. -Spea...Spearow! - Well, her wish was granted: a few second later, she also evolved into the majestic Fearow.

-Pidgey, Pid... Pidgey! - Sadly, the same miracle didn't happen thrice, and poor Peter was unable to evolve into a Pidgeotto, sorry about that.

This was truly a bittersweet moment, it made us forget we were still under attack: A Clefairy jumped right in, but Selena headbutts her before it could make a move. -Cle Cle Cle Cle.- Was that Fairy Pokémon laughing at us? - Clefairy, Clefairy …-

Their boss is on the way. I don't know why, but hearing that makes me shake; no, scratch that, everyone´s shaking. In just a few seconds, the matriarch arrived.

-Oh, you gotta be kidding me! - The leader of this entire group was none other, than a Miltank. But she is not your run of the mill Miltank; no, she´s the Infamous Partner of Whitney, Goldenrod´s former Gym Leader. Many trainers lost many Pokémon upon facing against this beast of a battler in hand to hand combat. And knowing her trainer, is no surprise she left her precious Ace Pokémon behind to save her own skin.

Now that Ace became a ruthless gang leader, and is about to kill us all.

Selena butts heads with her fellow Normal Type, but only herself was hurt by the attack; Miltank then kicked my poor little Furret right into a wall. Sam flew in to attack from afar, only to be knocked into the floor by a single Rollout; and even after evolving, Charlie was still unable to fight on his current condition. They were still breathing, but with Miltank still at full health, I´m not sure if we´ll make it out.

Carl, Peter, they will be crushed by Rollout; Donna, Penny, those two didn't even battled yet. There's only one Pokémon in my team, who could go toe to toe with her. -Let´s go Geoff. I believe in you!!!- Upon releasing the Pokéball, my sturdiest battler arrives to the ring. He only needed to look at Miltank once to get fully pumped up.

Speaking of the devil, our opponent continued with her Rollout; but this time, she caused some damage to our Geodude. With the attack getting stronger by the second, we had to stop it; Geoff´s attack won´t knock her out in time, so it's time to stall.

-Use Mud Slap, while you still can! - He threw as much Mud into the Miltank as he could, all while getting hit by two more Rollouts. Even with his tough exterior, he was on the brink of death; one more hit, and he'll be history.

-GEOFF GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!- But he couldn't listen, was struggling to even stay conscious. The others were injured, and she was about to hit, I had to do something.

I rushed in with all my strength, and pushed my Pokémon friend out of the way; we both fell on the floor, neither of us were injured. Meanwhile, the Miltank continued her way; without a way to stop, she couldn't prevent herself from crashing into the walls of the rooftops, and falling into her death. That's Karma for you, I guess.

But I actually lied, we didn't escape completely unharmed: The attack caught up with me, and crushed my right foot. With us surviving the battle, and the adrenaline caused by the whole ordeal made me unable to feel the pain. But the orders were concerned for my well-being, as well as their own.

-Bayleef. - Charlie looked at me with sadness. - Bay… Bayleef? -

-Is alright Charlie, just a flesh wound. - I laughed while I still could. - We just need to head to the Pokémon, and we will be healed in no time, hopefully. -

-And after a proper recovery, we will figure out another way to return to civilization. -

The evacuation might be out of the equation, but I ain't giving up, and neither does my friends. With the help of them, we all exited the department store without any difficulties, now that all foes ran away after we defeated the Miltank. We even get to witness Selena walking.

I told you to pay attention to the small things.

I wish I can tell you more about of story in Goldenrod; but that would be for another time, this entry is already too long as it is. We all need to rest, and so do you. See you all until then, and don't forget to take care of yourself.

The Narrator (Sprite Not Found)

Charlie The Bayleef
Selena The Furret
Sam The Fearow
Peter The Pidgey
Geoff The Geodude
Carl The Butterfree
(Sorry for not crediting you before)
Penny The Psyduck
Donna The Drowzee

With Special Cameo by: Whitney´s Miltank

Traggic revelations, new catches, amazing battles, backstory, social commentary discussions, forgiveness, evolutions, Furret Walking, injuries, Whitney´s Miltank; This Chapter is loaded with stuff. So much stuff, that we couldn´t afford to add a musical number; we went way over budget.

Thankfully we will be able to return to our usual style next chapter, whenever that arrives. But it will arrive, eventually

As for the Miltank battle, it truly didn´t end that quickly; With she using Milk Drink, Geoff took forever to truly defeat her, and that couldn´t be adapted into the story. We truly got lucky there, the run would´ve ended right then and there if Geoff was defeated.

Thanks a lot for reading this Oddity of a RUn, and I´ll see you next time

Last edited:

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Run: Surprise to see me, like fleas in dogs fur I keep coming back.

Day 21

Oh hello there, it's been a very … very … very long time since our last talk. And I guess I own you an explanation of what happened following our previous encounter. ​

After our battle with that Miltank´s gang, me and my team spend the remainder of that day at the Pokémon Center recovering; both physically, and emotionally. Oddly enough, I was the one having the hardest time: if you remember, Whitney´s Ace Pokémon crushed my foot during the incident; no bones were broken, thank god, but I´ll be forced to wear a splint, and use a cane from now on. At least I didn't have to amputate it, that would've been a mess.​

I´m not gonna lie, these were the worst hours of my entire life; discovering the truth about the evacuation really brought me down, I got depressed during our entire time in Goldenrod. And to add insult to injury, the city itself didn't help things either; its most popular attractions, such as the game corner, only served as yet another thing lost with humanity. ​

But not everything was as sad as I´m describing: my team did enjoyed their time exploring the city, now that the Miltank´s Gang were too scared to attack us, and Charlie was always there for me; the Bayleef didn't even left my side for a minute, and made sure not even a Caterpie would get close to me. Did I mention I'm proud of having him as a friend? Probably said like a thousand times, but is true; and I´ll say a thousand more times to prove it.​

But enough of that, I´m still set on finding a way back into civilization; and the only way to do that, is by travelling. With a brand new attire; consisting of dark sports pants, a sky blue hoodie, a backpack full of stuff, and a hat; we were ready to continue our journey.​

Day 22

We had a peaceful trek on Route 35; a simple path, with a simple road, nothing out of the extraordinary. Something that was extraordinary about the area, were the Pokémon hanging around. For some reason, a couple of Magmars stood in front of a gate, doing nothing; Gregg could take care of them no problem, but still, what on earth were they doing there? And let's not even mention the Voltorb Quartet. The Apocalypse sure is crazy.​

Disregarding that oddity, we eventually made it to the National Park; this safe haven looked so … safe, and calm, I couldn't help but to sit on a bench, with Charlie close to me, and just enjoy the peace and tranquility. God knows how long we spent just staring at the grass, listening to the wind; and somehow, It wasn´t boring for even a second. We truly needed this.​

- Bayleef. - Charlie was also enjoying this, even though the large presence of Bug types in the park. - Is alright. If they get any closer, Geoff and Sam will scare them away. - That was enough to ease his fears, for now. - You know, this reminds of a Bug catching contest I participated in right here: back when I was a small child, I once entered this event the park organized every Saturday, where you had to catch the biggest Bug type you could find, and the only Pokémon I managed to catch back there, was a Venonat. For a moment I thought I lost the event, as other people caught Scythers, Pinsirs, and even Butterfrees; and to everyone's surprise, the winner of the event was none other … than a Paras. See what I did there. Anyways, even though I didn't win, I still remember that event and the fun I had there. -​

- Bay… Bayleef? - Charlie looked at me with concern, he noticed me shedding a few tears as I was telling the story. - I´m sorry, I shouldn't be sad about things from the past; I must focus on the future, and avoid letting these memories hurt me. -​

It was getting late, so I set up a camp near the plaza, and began to fall asleep.​

Day 23

We woke up in the early morning, and the first thing I saw was Sam holding a small Pineco against it´s will. - Sam, what did I tell you about hunting! - It took a small while to force my Fearow to drop the poor bug. - Pinecos are out of the game, they´ll break your precious beak. - After petting her in the head, we let the critter go, and continued with our journey.​

We returned once again to Route 36; only this time from the other side. You all remember Route 36, from a couple of days ago, the path completely blocked by burning trees. Well, it turns out, that obstacle was only for the side of Violet City; and like if someone was playing an unfunny prank to me, you can go to the path up north without any problem whatsoever. The only “obstacle”, if you could even call it that, was a single Sodowoodo standing in the middle of the road; but with Penny´s Water Gun, It just fled.​

Route 37 wasn't very interesting either, except for a Stantler trying to woo another one; there's like a bunch of puns I can say about this situation, with some of them only making sense in certain languages, but let's just leave it at that. ​

…​

It was kinda late in the afternoon, but we finally reached the City of Ecruteak; right after Goldenrod City, Ecruteak is considered one of the most important and famous places in all of Johto. And I’m not gonna lie, even after the apocalypse, this is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen in my entire life, nothing can compare to this marvel of a place. Not everything about it was perfect though, there were certain buildings that are very awkward to look at, given our current reality; but we’ll talk about THEM later, for now, let’s enjoy the rest of the city before it gets dark.​

The first place we wanted to traverse was the dance theater, where five famous Kimono Girls displayed their talents as both performers and as battlers; it looks safe, doesn't look like a lot of damage was dealt here; but as soon as we opened the door, we could not believe what we saw: Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon and Umbreon; all five of them surround a young Eevee, with no light coming out of the room. As soon as they stared at us, I closed the door, and pretended like nothing ever happened. What the heck was that! I don’t even wanna know.​

Disregarding that weird event; the remaining buildings were far more peaceful, way too peaceful; The houses had a charming design, the traditional architecture really stands out from the more modern cities we explored so far; and to make things even better, the Pokémon Center, the Pokémart, and the gym, all were designed to resemble the rest of the city, so they don't feel out of place. This city has a lot of legacy and respect surrounding it, and it shows.​

Ecruteak almost looks like the perfect place to live in, if it wasn’t for … those buildings. Yeah, it think is time to address the big Donphan in the room: the most important landmarks here are two: The Burned Tower, and the Bell Tower; the two places made to honor the Legendary Pokémon, the same Pokémon responsible for turning Johto in the wasteland it is today, the same creatures that killed the people who worship them.​

- Those monsters, they destroyed … everything. - I screamed out loud, I got so frustrated upon looking at the two buildings, completely intact. - And despite that, is their temple the one that remains unscateth, while everything else burns away. Is not, IS NOT FAIR, WHY, WHY, WHY!!! - I cried, that’s the only thing I could do, cry. Charlie was next to me, he shared my pain, and began to cry next to me.​

I´m sorry about that, really sorry. I wasn't at my best during these moments.​

Although, when we both calmed down, we began to wonder, we are not safe from blame here: According to legends, three Pokémon died on the Burned Tower, and Ho-oh revived them into the legendary beasts; however, upon looking at these new Pokémon, the people tried to murder them out of fear. Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, they all scattered across the land, to disappear from the Public Eye for as long as they live.​

And now I wonder, did the legendary kill us out of spite? did we incite their wrath toward us? or was it just an accident of their war against each other? No, I can’t. It was getting too late, I couldn't think about it for too long, had to find a place to spend the night in. - Bayleef - Charlie, we have to move on, looking at those places will only harm us even more.​

…​

We stayed at the Pokémon Center, at least nothing could harm us there.​

Sleeping, however, was a nightmare, ironically enough; the stress, the fears, the guilt, all prevented me and some of the team to rest and relax; some of them, and by that I mean only Penny, could sleep just fine, but most of us weren’t so lucky. And to add insult to injury, there was a loud unknown noise that just … refuses to stop.​

- Alright, that’s it. - I said. - Time to get to the bottom of this. - Me and Charlie exited the Center, while I put the rest back into their Pokéballs; it was dark, we couldn't see anything. It's like something was blocking our view, or perhaps ... someone. ​

- LeAvE, aT oNcE. - The noises return, and they are becoming more like words. - ThIs iS SaCrEd LaNd!! No HuMaNs AlLoWeD!! lEaVe nOw, Or FaCe OuR wRaTh!!! - ​

No, it can't be. They should not be here, this must be some kind of prank. - Charlie, Razor Leaf ... everything. - My Bayleef then showered the surroundings with his Grass Type attack; to see if those voices were real, and not out pigment of our imagination. And from a dozen leaves, only one managed to hit something, as we heard a grunt of pain from afar.​

We rushed towards the grunts, to see if we managed to take down the potential for; but when we arrived at the location, right next to the burned tower, we realized our mistake. - What on Earth is wrong with you!!! - It was that Rocket lady, the same one we met back at the forest, and the Razor Leaf hit her right into her left arm. - Why the hell did you attack me! I just arrived here. - Her arm was bleeding, the leaf really did a number on her; we felt sorry for hurting her, we tried to help her, but her Quilava prevented us from getting closer.​

- NyE nYe NyE. - The voices, they were laughing at us? - CaN’t BeLiEvE YoU TwO fElL fOr ThAt, A fEw SpOoKy WoRdS tO GeT yOu aLl RiLeD uP. -​

- Who’s talking? - This is getting too far, we wanted to get to the bottom of this. - Show yourself, if you know what’s best for you. - Within the blink, the voices revealed themselves: they were an army of ghost types; Multiple Gastlys, more than a few Haunters, and some Misdreavus, all led by a fairly huge Gengar, a Gengar with a huge smile in its face.​

- WhAt’s ThE mAtTeR HuMaNs, CaN’t TaKe ThE hEaT? - The ghost types were talking with us, with telepathy I suppose. - jUsT ReLaX, aNd Let OuR PoWeRs CoNsUmE yOu. - One of the Gastlys then put a skate towards Charlie; it was a curse, and if I didn't pull him back into the Pokéball, he might’ve died. That was their last mistake, nobody can curse on my Bayleef and get away with it. If they want a fight, then they got one.​

- Carl, use Confusion! - I called for my Butterfree to fight off these Ghost types. - Kadabra, use Confusion as well. - The Rocket lady also used her own Pokémon; and both their attacks held back the majority of the enemies; The Gengar, however, wasn't affected by the move, and was still on the loose alongside some other ghosts. - Alright, Me and Quilava will take care of the Misdreavus. - With no other choice left, the Rocket had to team up with us. - I hope you and your friends can take on the Gengar family on your own. - ​

- Well, I know someone who would love a good fight. - And from one of my many Pokémon, I pulled out my trusty Fearow. - Samantha; you see that Gengar right, you can Peck it to your heart’s content. - Sam got all riled up, and charged towards the ghost type with all of her might; but since Gengar hates fun, they let a Gastly get in the way, and cursed my Fearow before going down. Curse you …. Curse attack. ​

Two of my Pokémon got cursed, neither Penny or Donna has any chance against the ghosts, and Selena cannot even touch them; it seems like there’s only one Pokémon who could save the day. - Geoff, show them your might!!! - My Geodude got out of his Pokéball, and was more than happy to battle against these Poison types; Two Haunters rushed towards him, but he defeated them both with a powerful Magnitude. It seems like nothing can take him down, until he falls down due to Gengar's Hypnosis; I used an awakening on my Geodude, but Gengar keeps putting him to sleep. Switching him with Samantha, she began to count Mareeps immediately; Charlie, same thing; Selena, all fell to Hypnosis.​

- Can you stop doing that! - The leader of the Ghost types was just laughing at the situation; these Pokémon were known for having fun at others expense, but this time it feels so … forced, and uncalled for. - Do you think this is funny? It isn´t, is not funny, not in the slightest. - At this point, the Rocket lady and her Quilava already finished with the rest of the ghost, and she wasn't into this whole game as much as them. - I gEt It, wE wErE tOtAlLy oUt oF pRaCtIcE. - Gengar says, all while failing to keep his smile up. - iS nOt lIkE wE hAd SoMeOnE tO sPoOk oN, nOw ThAt HuMaNs aRe DeAd aNd AlL. -​

- What’s the point of keeping this up. - The gig was up, and every single ghost began to cry. - We miss humans; we miss having them as friends, and we miss messing up with them; and when you both showed up in the city, it looked like a good idea to prank you for old time's sake; but instead of having fun, we just hurt you more than you already are, and we´re sorry. -​

- Don´t be, because I also miss them. - I cried too, this was too much for me too. - I also want for things to be back to normal, I want to be with other humans too; but they are gone, and there’s nothing we can do about that; we can only feel bad about their loss, or just move on. I made a promise to my Pokémon that I'll do the latter, but … there's nothing wrong with grieving, and we should all do that … together. -​

After calming down, I tried to look back at the Gengar; but, all the ghost types just, disappeared. The sun was about to rise up, I can only assume they can only show up during the night. I really wished they were with us a bit longer, if after the problems they had caused.​

- Well, that was an interesting turn of events. - The Rocket lady was too tired to even wonder what on earth just happened, or about her wounds. - You might want to pick a place to rest, as long as it isn´t the Theater; because tomorrow, you and I will have a serious conversation. - I was tired too, so I didn't bother saying anything else, and just went back to the Pokémon Center; to heal off my team, and go to sleep. Good night everybody.​

Tomorrow’s gonna be rough, believe me.​

The Narrator

Charlie The Bayleef
Sam The Fearow
Selena The Furret
Geoff The Geodude
Carl The Butterfree
Penny The Psyduck

Donna The Drowzee
Peter The Pidgey
With Special Cameos by: The Rival, and Gengar's Gang.

This Chapter has been rotting on my archives for months, so I tought it might be time to finish it.
Since we were about to visit Ecruteak City, it was the perfect time for the narrator to express himself about how he feels about all of this.

Our battle with Morty was alright, even after the Gengar kept spamming Hypnosis like a maniac. My catches were a Hoothoot on Route 35, Growlite on Route 36, A Scyther on National Park during a Bug catching contest, a Spinarak on Route 37, and the Gift Eevee from Bill; I didn´t include them in the story because, well, the team was already full of Pokémon.

The Last of Me might not have the most consistent update schedule by now, but that doesn´t mean I will stop working on it; We are halway through this short story, and I´ll try my best to finish it before the end of the year. It might not be weekly, but It will be done.

Thanks as always for reading, hope you enjoyed it, and I wish you all a wonderful evening.

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Last of Me is back, and it's here to stay.

Day 24

After what we went through last night, me and my team slept like crazy on the Pokémon Center, after I healed their wounds of course. But as soon as we woke up, like in literally the exact moment we opened our eyes, someone was waiting for us. ​

- We need to talk. - The Rocket Lady stood next to us, while she was patching up her wounded arm. - I´m gonna forget you attacked me, since It was an accident; but first, you need to tell me something. - She then grabbed her Pokégear, tuned in to the channel where the evacuation news was broadcasted in, only to find it in absolute silence. - Something happened in Goldenrod City, and my guts tell me you had something to do with it. -​

Her expressions and mannerisms indicates she already knows what we did; either she wants me to confirm her suspicions, or to prove them wrong. - The evacuation was pure bogus, just like you said. - In the end, I had to be sincere. - I was angry, threw the transmitter into the ground, fought against some Pokémon, broke my leg, and ended up here. - ​

- I was gonna say I told you, but it won't be fun after looking at you in such shite condition, and because I don´t care. - She was petting her Quilava during the entire conversation. - But, what are you planning to do now? Out of curiosity. - ​

- If I’m completely honest, my team and I are just gonna continue exploring Johto and hope for the best. - That’s when I realized something. - Hey, Is it Ok if you travel with us? just out of curiosity. - Yup, my social skills had not improved even a bit since last time.​

- Bold of you to ask that after our previous encounter? - She hasn't forgotten about our fight at Azalea Forest, and I don’t blame her for that. - But since I have nothing better to do, I'll humor you … for the time being. - And with this temporary truce, we all exit the Pokémon Center, to leave Ecruteak City for good. ​

Oddly enough, on our way out, we run into a small river, one filled with clean water; other bodies of water usually have at least something toxic, but not this one. It’s like if some purified the water, but I have no idea of who could do such a thing. Anyways, we must go.​

The scroll around Route 38 was quite a peaceful one: I was too busy looking at the environment, while Rocket Lady just focused on getting out of there; in the meantime, the Quilava began befriending Charlie, and my precious Bayleef got along with his fellow starter.​

- Hey, Is it Okay for me to ask your name? - Now that I think about it, calling her Rocket Lady would not be very polite of me. - Names are for friends. - She coldly responds. - And no, I´m not gonna ask for your name either. - Fair enough.​

- Although, there’s something about you that truly intrigues me. - She looks at me with a confused stare. - How on Earth did you, out of all people, survive the Apocalypse? - Did I ever talk about that previously? Perhaps it’s time to finally get into my backstory.​

- Before the Legendaries ravaged the region, I was just searching for Dunsparce in a cave between Cherrygrove City and Blackthorn City; yeah, that’s what I was doing, searching for freaking Dunsparce. Anyways, when the war hit, the cave collapsed, and me and Charlie were trapped inside; but with the help of Geoff, we managed to exit safe and sound, just when the war ended, and things fell into chaos. Meet the rest of the team, and that’s all. -​

- Wait, so you two got trapped inside Dark Cave. - She asks. - And that’s how you survived? -​

- Dark Cave? - I wondered. - You must be mistaken, Dark Cave is the one close to Violet Cave. There’s no way those caves could be the same. - I didn't know why she asked that, but it seems like she gave up after hearing my statement. - And what about you, how did you survive the Apocalypse? - ​

- Believe it or not, it was thanks to Team Rocket. - Interesting, I was now fully invested in her story. - Kanto was the first place destroyed during the war, and it was also the first place evacuated; however, Team Rocket still wanted to continue its operations regardless: I was sent alongside other grunts to smuggle rare Pokemon out of the region, while the executives stayed safe in their fancy homes. I knew this wasn't worth it, so I left and wandered around, just as the rest of the world burns to the ground. -​

Well, that was …fun to listen. - Is about to get dark. - She then set her sights on the road. - You might wanna speed up if you wanna find a place to spend the night in, before it’s too late.- With as much effort as I can with my current condition, I followed her advice, and we both headed towards the other side of Route 38.​

…​

A couple of hours later, and we all reached a weird looking farm. This must be the famous Moomoo farm, the most popular milk seller on the planet; and furthermore, the place had Miltanks all over the place; thankfully, they are the lovable Miltanks, not the ones that almost killed your team and broke your leg. I'm still bitter about that.​

- Yup, this place should do the trick. - Upon Looking at Milk Cow Pokémon, she came up with an interesting idea. - Hey, can you help me out milk out the potential of the farm. -​

After some hard physical labor, and with the help of a cauldron in a campfire, we all had a cup of warm milk, just in time to watch the stars up in the sky. - It’s so nice to drink something that isn't plain water, or juice, or expired drinks. - I commented with Rocket Lady, as we both sat next to a campfire. - Tell me about it. - ​

In the meantime, both of our teams get some deserved play on the massive field of the farm: Charlie was there having fun with the Quilava, Pete and Sam were Roosting on the barn’s roof, Carl and Selena just walked around the area, Geoff was punching a giant rock on some kind of personal training, Donna trained her Psychic abilities alongside a Kadabra, And Penny just wandered around without a care in the world. ​

As for Rocket Lady’s Team, some of her Pokémon were far more reserved in comparison: Sure, Quilava is having a blast with Charlie, and Her Kadabra is tutoring Donna; but her Gastly, Zubat, and even a Magnemite she caught on the way here were all sleeping inside the barn. They have the right to do what they want, but I wish they could play even for a bit.​

We just stood there, playing, laughing, looking at the stars; but sooner or later, we had to end the night. - Gotta admit it: when you’re not acting like an idiot, you and your team make quite the travelling companion. - She stated, while picking up her stuff. - But I think it’s time for us to part ways yet again. - I should've definitely seen that coming.​

- Well, It was fun while it lasted, I wish you good luck with your journey. - I said to her, and she responded soonly after. - And good luck with yours, even if it’s stupid and meaningless. - She called her Pokémon back into their Pokéballs. - And who knows, we might encounter each other again, Johto is a small region after all. - She was right on that.​

As my team and I remained in the farm, just as Rocket Lady left the facilities, I began to wonder about the war that caused all of this chaos: Is more than obvious that the Legendaries were behind all of this; but, which one of them started the war exactly? The oldest news I could find cite that the incident began on Unova; however, other sources claimed the Hoenn Legendaries had a bigger role, since all the regions suffered from either droughts or Heavy Rain; some even blamed Sinnoh’s Legendaries, and none of them agreed on anything.​

This was causing me quite the headache, perhaps it is for the best if I don´t think about it, and just go to sleep. Although, since I´m still alive, and Rocket Lady is wandering around no problem, does that mean there are other humans still here? Better deal with that tomorrow.​

Day 25

That warm Milk really fulfilled its purpose, as we slept like there was no tomorrow; but there’s no rest for the wicked, and we had to move on. I put everyone into their Pokéballs, minus Charlie of course, and we continued with our journey.​

After crossing the surprisingly short Route of 39, we reached Olivine City: Now this is quite the location: Being close to the ocean already makes it my favorite so far; but it also has a lighthouse, a pub, and a beautiful beach filled with … filled with boats; boats that are still able to sail, alongside others that crashed into different houses.​

- Hey Charlie, are you thinking the same thing as I do? - I asked, and my Bayleef nods in agreement. Perhaps, we can use those boats, in order to reach other regions, and hopefully find other humans. It might be silly, and borderline impossible; but it is better than just give up, and just do nothing while grieving all day, or pretend nothing ever happened.​

The lighthouse is still on, as if someone (or something) is powering on the building, so the only thing we need are supplies. We can't just traverse the ocean without food or water, that’s how you get yourself killed. We have to do a massive supply hunt, if we want to leave.​

And the first place we need to visit, is Cianwood City.​

The Narrator

Charlie The Bayleef
Sam The Fearow
Selena The Furret
Geoff The Geodude
Carl The Butterfree
Penny The Psyduck
Donna The Drowzee
Peter The Pidgey
With Special Cameos by: The Rival.

Not much happened this chapter, just our human characters wondering about how they survived the Apocalypse, and how it began in the first place.

But yeah, you heard it right, The Last of Me is back in business; and since I'm on vacation, I'm gonna use this time to upload a new chapter each week.
As for catches, I think I caught a Magnemite on Route 38, and a Krabby on Olivine City.

Stay tuned for next chapter, as the cast begins their supply hunt across the Region.

Thanks as always for reading, hope you enjoyed it, and I wish you all a wonderful evening. See you all next Sunday.

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
What's this, two chapters in the same month!!!

Day 26

Well, after an arduous boat ride I prefer not to describe right now, we managed to reach Cianwood; and boy, It was truly an experience: The small island was filled with mostly fighting type Pokémon, with an odd trio hanging around in their own separate area; and when all of them noticed our presence, a war ensued, where there’s no escape.​

With so many powerful opponents, many of them fully evolved, we cannot defeat them all; so, we had to resort to the next best thing: Repel them long enough to search for something useful, that they don’t use of course, and then escape before someone gets hurt: Charlie, Sam, Donna and Carl can take on the Fighting types; Geoff would love to fight the odd trio, since most of them are weak to ground; all while Selena and Pete search around, as I guard the boat with Penny. This plan has to work, and It will work.​

Geoff was the first one to battle, as he charges against the trio; that consists of an Electrode, a Haunter, and a Drowzee. Why are they together? How do they end up here? Don´t ask me! Not that it matters now, as my Geodude defeats them all with a single Magnitude; but, oddly enough, after beating those opponents, Geoff began to glow, and to grow a new pair of arms; in a matter of seconds, my Geodude finally evolves … into a Graveler.​

Sadly, Geoff won’t be able to put his new form to the test, as he stands no chance against those fighting types; especially their leader, who happens to be a Poliwrath. I was always a fan of the Poliwag line, they are all incredibly adorable and goofy; however, that was in the past, and the Poliwrath is now our enemy.​

Speaking of evolutions, by defeating both a Hitmontop and a Hitmonlee, Donna manages to evolve into a Hypno. Which is weird, since those two were somehow the weakest of this group of Fighting types. Anyways, congrats to Donna, she truly deserves to evolve.​

Meanwhile, as Charlie tries to repel some enemies with the help of Carl, Sam got into a fight with one angry Primeape: and it seems like my Fearow met her match, as neither of them could take the other down, no matter how many Pecks and Karate Chops can throw. As long as the Primeape doesn´t crit, I believe Sam can defeat this tense opponent.​

The one Pokémon that gives cero chances, is the Poliwrath: In just a few minutes, he punched Charlie hard enough to leave my poor Bayleef in a confused state; put Donna to sleep with hypnosis, where it should be the other way around, and almost washes Carl away with Surf. On the bright side, Selena and Pete got enough medicine to justify the trip.​

- Carl, We got what we need. - I shouted to my Butterfree. - Put all these fighters to Sleep and let’s get out of here. - Carl then flew all over Cianwood, releasing a green Powder that knocked every single opponent down; and with them out of the picture, we can finally sail away from the area. and continue with our journey. ​

Day 27

Well, yesterday was an interesting day; after returning to Olivine City, we had no choice but to backtrack towards Ecruteak; because as far as I can remember, there was another path there we had not visited yet. Supplies were still short for the trip; and we will search for them, even if we have to travel the entirety of Johto.​

Although, as we scrolled through the Routes, I couldn't help but wonder: we almost died to those fighting types, all because we went there unprepared; and that’s when I realized, ever since that battle on Goldenrod City, there’s been at least one close encounter with tough Pokémon for every City we get to visit. And yeah, my team also got stronger as time goes on, but even that wasn't enough to win that battle.​

If we keep going like that, we are gonna get killed sooner rather than later.​

Perhaps we should spend some time training, and maybe even upgrade some of our moveset; at the same time, we cannot waste much time and spend days or even weeks just to be stronger. If only there was one way to find a compromise, just one.​

Anyways, that’s a debate for another day, we must continue with our journey now.​

Day 28

My team and I managed to cross the City of Ecruteak by early dawn, so we didn't run into those ghosts again. Don´t get me wrong, they didn't do anything bad per say; but after how we ended things a couple of days ago, avoiding them was for the best. ​

It was … kinda depressing revisiting this place; I even tried to light up the mood with some music, but with the batteries almost running out, it was better to save them for emergencies. Although, when was the last time we played any kind of music? If my memory doesn't fail me, I think It was ten days ago, probably more. To be fair, those were very intense days, and it wouldn't be appropriate to put something cheerful or epic. ​

But yeah, I guess we weren't able to play songs even if we wanted to; and given our current situation, I really doubt we will play more of them in the near future. Sorry about that.​

Day 29

Route 42 wasn't so bad, it was only a short and simple straight path. The only “obstacle” was a small body of water in the middle of the road; however, there was also a small cave right next to it, and we used it to cross the river without problems. I mean, is not like we’re missing something important or relevant, right?​

After that peaceful walk, we reached the Town of Mahogany; quite a peaceful area, only having a few houses, and the Gym. Even though, upon a second look, it looks way too peaceful: Nobody was there, no human, no Pokémon, nothing. What is going on here?​

* Stomach Noises* - Bayleef… - My poor Charlie was starving, and it seems like I’m too; I got distracted wondering about Mahogany, that I ignored to take care of myself. There’s a lake nearby, maybe we can go there and fish something, to save the supplies we gathered so far. Also, how long it’s been since I last went fishing!​

…​

Lake of Valor was a popular tourist spot on Johto, as rumors said that a Red Gyarados resides on the deepest part of the lake, and many people wanted to capture the shiny beast. And what I found there, was way more valuable than a Shiny Gyarados, in this context at least.​

What I found on the shore near the lake was … another human; and it wasn´t Rocket Lady this time, he was a completely different person. He was old, he cannot even walk by himself, had a yellow striped Polo, spiky white hair, and was surrounded by Ice Types.​

That’s right, this person was none other … than Pryce, Mahogany’s very own Gym Leader.​

I couldn't help myself, and tried to introduce myself to this legendary trainer. - What do you want, kid? - He responded quite coldly, no pun intended. - Whatever your intentions are with me, forget it. - I tried to explain to him about how we can both leave this region and reunite with other humans, but he refuses to listen.​

- Like I already told your friends, I'm not leaving: I was born here, and I´m gonna die here. - He was coughing, and his head began spinning non-stop. - Now leave me alone, I wanna spend some time alone with my Pokémon. - He was really upset, something really bad must’ve happened to make him act like that; ​

I prefer to respect his wishes and just leave him alone, it’s the least I can do.​

Day 30

Me and my Team stayed around Mahogany, just to be close in case something happened to Pryce; but he never went home, and just stayed on the Lake all day. I´m really concerned, but we have to move on: most of the houses didn´t have any supplies at all, even Pryce’s, and the local Gym was locked from the inside, so no luck there either. Which means, our best hope was that weird antique shop near the entrance to the Lake.​

But before that, I must mention something awesome we found in The Pokémon Center: A working trading machine; those were wonderful news, as we could use that machine to trade Geoff around. We did that, and in a couple of seconds, my Graveler evolved once again, into the gigantic Pokémon known as Golem. With that said, let’s continue with the shop.​

Expired, spilled, opened up, rotten, there was nothing of use inside that shop, or even something fun; well, there was a hidden bottom under a radio. I press it, and a staircase appears, leading me into some sort of basement. The place looked like some sort of hideout, or even a base of operations; and judging by the large amounts of R symbols, and statues of Persians, this must’ve belonged to Team Rocket. I wonder if Rocket Lady knew of this.​

With Flashlight, we explored this abandoned facility, with the hopes of finding something awesome; and first thing we found, was a recording from a past transmission: - Boss, we are under attack. - This must be when that one trainer kicked them out of Kanto a couple of years ago. - This guy is wiping us all, and it seems to possess a vicious Drago … - I had to cut the transmission, ‘cause I heard something coming our way, and it wasn't alone.​

Several Pokémon arrived to our location: Rattatas, Zubats, Koffings, Grimers, Magnemites, Drowzees, Arbok, Glooms, Murkrow, every single Pokémon available were about to murder us all; I had to call my entire team again, so we can defend ourselves. But this time, since our team was stronger than before, we managed to scare them away.​

However, as time moved on, we realized WE weren't the reason why the foes were afraid; in a matter of seconds, a giant Pokémon arrived: it was a Steelix, a giant Steelix. There’s no way we can battle that behemoth, and we leave; although, Penny didn't get the memo, and refused to move. - PENNY, GET BACK HERE! - I shouted. - THAT STEELIX IS GONNA KILL YOU! - My Psyduck just stood there, standing next to the Steel Type behemoth; and when the two made eye contact, Penny unleashed a powerful wave of Water.​

Upon touching the Water, The Steelix got scared, and ran away in fear; furthermore, upon defeating her opponent, Penny evolved into a Golduck. Today was a weird day.​

But before we could get out of this place, an Electrode showed up in front of us, and was about to explode; I had to catch it with an Ultra Ball, to avoid getting ourselves obliterated. I named it Chekhov, because I have a feeling I might use this fella later on.​

Day 31

Well, we collected every supply available in Mahogany, and it’s our time to move to another City. But first, we must visit someone first. Upon returning to Lake of Rage, we found out that Pryce still stood there alongside his Pokémon - Are you still here? - He asks in a very upset tone. - I already told you to leave. -​

- I know. - Better do this quickly. - I just wanted to say goodbye before we leave. That 's all. - I gave him some of our food, and wished him good luck in life. - Wait. - He says. - Before you leave, how about we have one small battle? Something to relieve this boredom. - Battle against a real Gym leader, how can I say no to that!!!​

His first Pokémon was a Seel, and Charlie was my best choice against it; my Bayleef showed no mercy, and bombarded it with Razor Leaf before it could attack. - Well, it seems like I underestimated you sunny. - He began to regain some spirit, and smiled a little. - Piloswine, old buddy, how about we show them how it 's done? -​

Sadly, I had to switch Charlie with Penny, as I was afraid of Piloswine’s Ice Typing; it was the right move, as my newly evolved Golduck took a Blizzard like nothing; and in a complete 180 from her previous attitude, she understood my every command, and was able to one-shot the Piloswine with just one Surf. It’s incredible what evolution can do to a Pokémon. ​

- This isn't … over yet. - Pryce is acting weird. - Dewgong … you’re next. -​
- Pryce, are you Ok? - I was getting concerned. - Perhaps we should end this battle before…
- I’ll be … fine - But he refused to let go. - I must … finish this battle. -​

If he wants to finish the battle, then we will finish it fast; I called Donna into the battlefield so she can put Dewgong to sleep, and then Headbutt it into submission. But it was too late; as soon as he lost the battle, Pryce collapsed into the floor.​

I tried to help him, but there was nothing else I could do. That’s why he insisted so much on this battle, he knew it was the last thing he’ll ever do. He just ... passed away, in front of me. I closed his eyes, before screaming with all of my might.​

Day 32

We buried Pryce near the Mahogany Gym, with the help of his own Pokémon.​

He was a great person, a great trainer, and I wish he didn't have to suffer this nightmare of a time. I wish I could’ve said more about him, both in his past and present form; but this is already too difficult for me to relate, and I cannot force myself to extend it any further.​

The second human I’ve met on the Apocalypse, dead in less than a second. Why is this happening to me? I fell on the floor, and cried for a couple of hours. I think I even punched something out of frustration, and almost broke my right hand. If it wasn't for Charlie holding me back, I don´t know what I would’ve done to myself.​

But I can't give up just yet: We’re so close to reaching other humans, and if we give up, all of this pain, and everything we witnessed on this journey, was for nothing. I must do this; for Pryce, for me, and for the rest of humanity.​

The Narrator

Charlie The Bayleef
Sam The Fearow

Selena The Furret
Geoff The Golem
Carl The Butterfree
Penny The Golduck
Donna The Hypno
Peter The Pidgey

Chekhov The Electrode

With Special Cameos by: Gym Leader Pryce

I apologize for the late update, This Chapter took way longer than I originally expect it. I'll try to be more careful for the next updates.

This chapter takes place over an entire week, and a complicated one to say the least: A lot of battles a lot of traveling, multiple Pokémon Evolving, a new catch, meeting another human being, and so on and so forth. And when it comes to gameplay, this chapters covers the Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce battles; speaking of Pryce, I thought It could be interesting to bring him in, to see how a veteran like him react to this whole apocalypse.

Next Chapter will definetely be shorter than this; but it will be an interesting one, since we we'll explore the last city in Johto: Blackthorn.

Thanks as always for reading, hope you enjoyed it, and I wish you all a wonderful evening.

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, that just happened.

Day 33

Unfortunately, due to recent events, we weren’t able to continue with our journey; it’s really hard to do anything while dealing with the death of one of the few humans remaining in Johto. We had to take a break, and mourn Pryce’s passing without problems.​

And, that’s all we did today, just mourning. It’s always important to take care of yourselves, no matter what’s happening in your life, never forget that. ​

Although, before we all went to sleep, Pryce’s Piloswine handed us a strange Ultra Ball, possibly containing one of the Pokémon of our former Gym Leader; I opened it, out of curiosity, and I couldn't believe what lied in there: A Gyarados, a big red Gyarados; this must be the legendary shiny creature from the Lake of Rage. But how did Pryce obtain it?​

I put the Water type behemoth back into the Ultra Ball, after naming him Gary of course, and proceeded to rest. With a shiny new Pokémon on our side, things are looking bright for us.​

Day 34

First thing we did upon waking up, was exploring the Ice Path; there was also Route 44, but nothing worth mentioning happened there. Back with the Ice Path, I must admit, this is one of the beautiful Caves I’ve ever seen, and this is coming from the guy who got trapped in a cave for who knows how many days: The snow covering the rock formations look quite lovely, and the poor lighting makes it something to behold.​

Furthermore, the lower basement floors even had its floors covered in thin ice; I never skate before, this is gonna be fun. Yes, I fell off a few times, and maybe it wasn't a good idea to skate with a broken foot; but who cares, we were having the time of our lives.​

And to make things even better, as we reach the exit, a couple of Delibirds try to eat us; usually those are bad news, if not by the fact that Charlie beat them up; and then, the moment we all been waiting for, CHarlie finally evolves into …. Meganium. We both hugged each other out of pure joy, we couldn´t believe it. This is incredible, and I love my precious boy.​

There were also some other Pokémon trying to kill us, including an out of place Houndoom; but my team took care of that, and it wasn't even something worth mentioning; I only bought it up out of obligation, so I don´t leave anything out. Anyways, let’s move on.​

Day 35

Blackthorn, the City of dragons; literally, this place is filled with Dragon Type Pokémon. Unfortunately, since there are only Kanto and Johto present, that meant the place only had members of the Dratini family, minus Dragonites for some reason. Don’t get me wrong, Dratinis are super adorable, and Dragonairs have a beauty like no other, It’s just that I was hoping to see more variety; maybe some Altarias, Bagons, or even Gibles. But at least I get to see some actual Dragon Types, and that’s all that matters.​

If only they had the same feelings about me; but no, once the dragons began to notice my presence, they freaking lost it: They look at me as if I did something to them, even though I just met them; perhaps, other humans must’ve arrived here, and who knows what atrocities they commited to these poor Pokémon, to provoke such a violent reaction. ​

Oh no, are we the reason why there are no Dragonites here? Oh my god, that’s horrible.​

I felt horrible, I wanted to apologize, but the Dragon Types were already attacking me; five out of my ten Pokéballs opened, my team arrived to save me. - Meganium!!! - Charlie tried to talk with them, and I couldn´t understand what she was saying. - Drago … Nair - Just by looking at them, It’s easy to see the pain our foes are going through.​

Both sides spent quite a while talking; but the dragons refuse to budge, and they are planning to destroy both me and my team, for conspiring with a human. An army of Dratinis, and Seadras for some reason, all led by a trio of Dragonairs, against my team. I hope for the best​

Geoff was in charge of taking care of the Dratinis, as we need as many Pokémon as we can to defeat the Dragonairs; My Golem held them off with Magnitude, and it seems to be working; the Seadras, on the other hand, were able to withstand the ground type attack. I had to act fast, and ordered Charlie to Razor Leaf them before a drop of Water could fall on Geoff. With the two of them dealing with the small army, the rest can fight the leading trio.​

Donna held off one of the Dragonairs with her Psychic Powers, Sam flew over another one in an attempt to attack them from the sky, and Penny just rushed towards the last of them; I had no idea of what was she doing at first, until I saw how her webbed hands made a fist: and by covering them with a cape of ice, Golduck knocked the Dragon type with a mean Left-hook.​

She used Ice Punch, and it proved to be … Super Effective. Sorry about that, I had to say it.​

The other Dragonair, upon seeing their friend knocked down, stopped fooling around with Sam, and unleashed a powerful Thundervolt at her, almost killing her. I went towards her to heal her wounds, but, who can defeat this fearsome opponent? Donna is still holding the other Dragonair, and so were Charlie and Geoff. My other Pokémon won't stand a chance either; but, if Penny can take a thundervolt, she might make it. ​

- You can do it Penny! - I shouted. - We all believe in you! -​

The Golduck didn't hesitate, and ran towards her opponent; the Dragonair attacked, and Penny endured the pain, until she was close enough to knock them out with an Ice Punch. And the attack didn't stop there, taking advantage of Donna’s actions, my precious Water Type also Ice Punched the last remaining Dragonair, defeating the lider trio by herself.​

You’ll think that would make the dragon types stop; but instead, they all just shout in unison, like if they were calling for someone; and in a matter of seconds, something rose up from the river behind the Gym: It looks like a Seadra, but older and more civilized; no, it was not a Seadra, this was their evolved form: Kingdra. ​

It seems to be the leader of the pack, as the others kneel in their presence; they arrived here for one purpose, and one purpose only: to destroy us. Sam and Penny were heavily injured, Donna was too scared to attack, and Geoff still had to hold off the army. The only one who can defeat this final opponent, is Charlie.​

- Meganium! - My Grass starter was more than happy to participate. This battle will be legendary!!! or Pseudo-Legendary in this case, but who cares about that.​

The Kingdra made their first move, as they released a cloud of smoke all over the area; Charlie didn't care about that, and just shot Razor Leaves like crazy, after making sure the rest of the team wasn't caught in the attack, of course. Whether the move hit or not was up in the air, as the actual air was covered in a hard to see Smokescreen; regardless, the Kingdra continued attacking, as Charlie barely dodged some sort of breath attack, a Dragon’s breath.​

That’s when we came up with an idea: as soon as they made their move, Charlie will follow the attack, to counter back with a Body Slam; the plan works, and Kingdra got paralysed as a result, even though Charlie also got paralysed as well, both caused by their respective moves.​

The two Pokémon stood in front of each other, unable to move; Kingdra wanted this, their expressions indicated that, as they began charging a powerful attack: they were preparing an Hyper Beam, and that move will kill Charlie for good, unless. - CHARLIE, GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! - But he couldn't get out of there, as much as he wanted too. ​

In the end, the Hyper Beam was fired, and it hit its target.​

No, it couldn´t be. The attack cleared out the smoke, but the impact caused a massive explosion. - CHARLIE! - I shouted, already expecting the worst: My starter, my best friend, gone, I lost him, and it was all because of me, because of what WE did. ​

- Meganium. - Oh my god, he’s still alive; at the last second, he managed to block the Hyper Beam with a screen of light; and even better, because of the beam’s side effect, the Kingdra was unable to move. This was our chance, Charlie held nothing back, and bombarded his opponent with a never-ending barrage of Razor Leaves. My lord. that was a close one.​

However, even with their leader in critical condition, the Dragon Types still refused to give up, and prepared one final attack at us to avoid defeat. But with the team low on health, we had to come up with a new plan to stop them; that’s when I realized, I still have one Pokémon who could scare them off. That’s right, It was time to release the beast.​

- Gary, I choose you. - From the Ultra Ball, the Shiny Gyarados arrived; and his ferocious attitude was enough to scare the Dragon Types enough so they could retreat back into a cave. This was our chance, we picked as much medicine as we could, and then escaped the city before they returned. Gary made quite the impression, and didn't even try to kill us.​

I think he is gonna fit right in with the rest of our little group, our little family. ​

...​

On the south side of Blackthorn City, you can find Route 45; and inside Blackthorn City, you can find an entrance to a cave. In this particular cave, we put our first foot into this new world; and even after a month had passed, things hadn't changed at all. But we are about to change something: our futures.​

We explored the entirety of Johto, and collected enough supplies to sail away for good, so we can reach what’s left of humanity, if there’s any of it left. Although, after what just happened today, I had my doubts: humans hurt those poor Pokémon in the past, and what’s stopping them from doing it now. Heck, it was never clear if they were somewhat responsible for the Legendary’s Mayhem. I was really scared, not gonna lie.​

Perhaps I wasn't thinking straight, maybe some music can help me relax; my Pokégear was about to die anytime soon, so why play one last song for old time’s sake.​

- Attention all citizens. This is Champion Lance on an emergency broadcast. - What the, the broadcast back on the air? But I destroyed the transmitter, someone must’ve fixed it. - Every remaining human in Johto must arrive to Goldenrod City for evac … not so fast you fucking son of a bitch. - That’s weird, the transmission is being interrupted, by Rocket Lady of all people. - Everyone, don't listen to this madman, avoid Goldenrod at all cost, it’s a tra … -​

Her voice was interrupted by a strong sound, the sound of a gunshot. - Every remaining human must arrive to Goldenrod City for evacuation. This is Champion ... - The transmission just continued like normal, and Rocket Lady was nowhere to be heard. ​

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what just happened. ​

I had to return to Goldenrod, not only to give Rocket Lady a proper burial, but also to make sure nobody suffered a similar fate. We might wanna leave this region, but Johto will always be our homeland, and we will NOT abandon it when it’s in danger. We already failed to save it from the apocalypse, we can’t afford doing it again.​

We better hurry up, because tomorrow is gonna be one heck of a day.​

The Narrator

Charlie The Meganium
Sam The Fearow
Geoff The Golem
Penny The Golduck
Donna The Hypno

Selena The Furret
Carl The Butterfree
Peter The Pidgey

Chekhov The Electrode
Gary The Shiny Gyarados

With Special Cameos by: Dragons

First off, yes, I did catch the Shiny Gyarados from the Lake of Rage, I couldn´t resist not having such a Pokémon on my team.
Also, after 8 long chapters, Charlie finally evolved into a Meganium, and he did great against the Kingdra. I'm so proud of him

Anyways, don´t forget to tune in for the next chapters, as we reach the endgame of this run.

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
We're in the endgame now.

After running as much as we possibly could, which was very hard to do, my team and I reached the National Park; the only standing between us and Goldenrod City, was Route 35.​

But before we could set our foot there, we must prepare ourselves; if the transmission showed us anything, is that our opponents are holding nothing back, and neither should us: I used every single TM I found so far to teach my team some powerful moves, and organized all the medicine we had in case of emergencies, all so we can get out of there in one piece.​

- Come out everyone, I wanna talk to you all. - From my eight Pokéballs, I pulled almost all the Pokémon that accompanied me during this journey. - It’s probably for the best if I tell you this: Once we cross the Route, there’s not going back; what lies ahead, is gonna kill us all. If something happens to me, you all run away, no matter what happens. - During the talk, I began to cry a bit. - I will NOT forgive myself if something happens to any of you. -​

- Meganium. - Charlie pat me in the shoulder with one of his vines; both as a form of agreement, and as a sign of respect. The others didn't say anything else, Charlie already spoke for them. - You guys are the best; we are all gonna make it, because I believe in all of us. -​

If we’re doing this, we must come up with a plan: Charlie, Sam, Geoff, Donna, and Penny, they will all fight any powerful foe that comes in our way; Carl and Peter, air support; Chehkov and Gary, those two will remain in their Pokéballs in case we need them; and last, but definitely not least, Selena will be there to cheer all of us up with her happy presence.​

With everyone ready, we exited National Park, to head into Route 35.​

As soon as we set foot on the Route, a group of Pokémon began to attack us, led by a very angry Typhlosion; wait a minute, I recognize that fire starter: Is the Pokémon of Rocket Lady, and as such, all of these Pokémon must’ve belonged to her.​

- Typhlosion, It 's me, the ….. - I tried talking to him, but he was too angry to listen to anything I said. Seems like we have to calm him down with a fight. Typhlosion, Golbat, Haunter, Kadabra, Sneasel, Magneton; all of them had a weakness for the Ground Type, and it only took an Earthquake from Geoff to take them down, with a Rock Throw for the Golbat.​

Once they were beaten, that group had no choice but to run away with their tails between their legs; what happened to Rocket Lady really hurt them, even if they didn't admit it. Although, why they charged towards us, instead of fighting whatever caused all of this? This must be bigger than even we expected, and it’s our job to avenge her death. ​

…​

Our next set of opponents were all Psychic types; and upon looking at this new quintet, Donna herself began to tremble in fear. At first I didn't understand what was wrong with her, until she somehow communicated with me via telepathy. An image appeared on my mind: It was Route 34, the place where we first met our precious Hypno several days ago; I can see her getting left behind as a Drowzee, by the same Psychic types we are looking at right now. ​

Those monsters mistreated our friend, and she now wants them to pay for what they’ve done.​

But they held nothing back: The two Xatus didn't hesitate to capture all of us with their Psychic powers; all but Donna, who was immune to the attack. - You can defeat them… Donna. - They were choking us, I could barely speak. -nOw ... uSe … ShAdOw … bAlL. - Donna then formed a shadowy blob, and launched it at both the Xatus; the attack knocked out the two birds, and released us from the Psychic move.​

Donna ain't done just yet, as she fired more Shadow Balls at a Jynx, an Exeggutor, and a Slowbro; and to show them how much better she was at them, she used her own Psychic abilities, to move them all from our way. She really improved a lot since we first met, and we couldn´t be more proud of that. But not, we must head on.​

…​

After that, we run into what seems to be a team of Poison and Bug Types; and oddly enough, now they were the ones afraid of us, with Sam causing the most fear out of us. Of course, Fearows are natural hunters, and these Pokémon must be their usual prey, that makes sense.​

But instead of running away, this group mustered up the courage to stand up and fight; I’m already feeling bad for fighting against them, they’re really doing their best. The fight itself was really straightforward: Donna used Psychic against the Ariados, Penny washed Forrestress away with Surf, Sam Drill Pecked Venomoth, and Geoff Earthquakes Muk. The only one which proved to be quite the challenge, was the Crobat.​

The Bat Pokémon spammed Double Team like crazy, creating multiple clones of itself; it was hard to determine which one was the real Crobat, even Donna couldn´t track them. We all kept attacking the clones, but more and more appeared at high speeds. And it was purely a matter of luck that Geoff managed to hit the right one by throwing a rock at them.​

That was enough to scare the enemy enough to force them to retreat; but still, what were they doing there? And why were they guarding this route of all places? This must be something serious, and we need to get to the bottom of this.​

…​

We managed to enter Goldenrod City at last, and were received by a familiar group of Fighting Types; they were the same ones from Cianwood, only missing both the Primeape and Poliwrath; but we’re way stronger than when we first met them, time for Round two.​

Donna went ahead and carried a Machamp, a Hitmonlee, and a Hitmontop with her Psychic Powers; but that was all she could carry, a Hitmonchan and an Onix were still on the loose, and were about to attack my Hypno. Charlie stepped ahead, and attacked them both with a few Razor Leaves; the Onix fell down, but the Hitmonchan still was up for a fight.​

And to show up he means business, the fighting type even set his own fists on fire; and this guy ain’t a slugger, he can throw punches at Mach Speed; in other words, a swarmer. I used to watch a lot of boxing back in the day. Anyways, even with a Light Screen on, Charlie was severely injured by the fire Punches. ​

However, this was part of our plan: After enduring a few more punches, our Meganium was covered with a Green Aura, one that made his Grass Type attacks even deadlier. It only took one powered up Razor Leaf, to knock this boxer out of the ring.​

After some quick healing, we moved on.​

…​

Upon getting closer and closer to the Radio Tower, we ran into one last group of Pokémon: Umbreon, Gengar, Vileplume, Murkrow, Houndoom. And like the previous teams before them, they are Pokémon we’ve seen in the past: By the way the Gengar looked at us, it’s more than clear he’s the one from Ecruteak; Vileplume, Murkrow, Houndoom, they all fought against us on the rocket hideout; only the Umbreon was a stranger to us.​

Speaking of the Umbreon, they began the fight launching an odd ray that confused most of my team. I returned everyone into their Pokéballs; but by the time It got to Geoff, the fierce Golem already bagan to unleash an Earthquake, that somehow managed to hit the Umbreon, and not anyone else. The Dark Type wasn't about to let this slide, and rushed in for a vicious Faint attack, thinking they could damage his Rock solid body; but no, they couldn't even leave a dent on him, and were defeated by a second Earthquake.​

- That Golem is still confused. - A weird voice appeared out of nowhere, we couldn't see where it was coming from. - Vileplume, destroy him with Petal Dance. - As soon as I heard the order, I returned Geoff into his Pokéball, and called out Samantha; and my Fearow defeated the grass Type with Drill Peck. - Interesting. - The mysterious voice didn't even care for their defeated ally, not even in the slightest. - Gengar, it’s your turn. - ​

The Ghost Type, however, refuses to fight us. - If you wanna act like that, then use Destiny and take his Pokémon with you. - But no, Gengar refuses to fight back; they are not gonna hurt us, not again. - If that’s the case, then I have no use for you. Houndoom, Murkrow, you know what to do. - I couldn´t believe it, both dark types just turned out on their own teammate. - Geoff, protect Gengar. - My Golem stood in the way of the attacks.​

But, he’s not gonna take them forever, I must find a way to defeat both of them stat. - Screw it, it’s Gary’s time. - From the Ultra Ball, The Shiny Red Gyarados arrived. - Gary, I don't care how you do it, but defeat those two. - After I said those words, the Atrocious Pokémon prepared a massive attack, and aimed directly at the two opponents; it was a Hydro Pump, and it did massive damage to both of them.​

Both Pokémon survived, thank goodness, and ran away in fear of another attack. - What a shame. - As I returned Gary to his ball, The voice just kept talking. - But it’s probably for the best, weaklings unable to battle an overgrowth Magikarp are of no use for me.-​

- Who are you! - I yelled to this mysterious figure. - Your Pokémon are down; if you are quite the person you think you are, then show yourself. - The figure agrees, and appears out of a street corner. - My goodness, it’s almost like looking in a mirror. Almost. - ​

I couldn´t believe it. The one responsible for all this chaos, was another human!​

The Narrator

Charlie The Meganium Lv. 48
Item: Miracle Seed
Moves: Razor Leaf, Light Screen, Body Slam, Earthquake

Sam The Fearow Lv. 48
Item: Sharp Beak
Moves: Return, Drill Peck, Fly, Agility.

Geoff The Golem Lv, 48
Item: Quick Claw
Moves: Rock Throw, Earthquake, Explosion, Mud Slap

Penny The Golduck Lv. 48
Item: Gold Berry
Moves: Surf, Whirlpool, Ice Punch, Disable

Donna The Hypno Lv. 48
Item: Amulet Coin
Moves: Confusion/Psychic, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, ThunderPunch.

Gary The Shiny Gyarados Lv. 48
Item: King's Rock
Move: Hydro Pump, Waterfall, Strength, Icy Wind.

Selena The Furret

Carl The Butterfree

Peter The Pidgey

Chekhov The Electrode

With Special Cameos by: A lot of Enemy Pokémon

I decided to split this Chapter in two, as a lot of things happened on this particular day.

On Part I, we take on the equivalent of both our final Rival Battle, and The Elite 4, since there was nothing worth mentioning in between.
Small note, after the battle with Will, Donna learned Psychic, hence why she has it during later battles.

Not gonna lie, this was an intense Chapter to write, with all the battles going on; and the Pokémon showing, both familiar and new faces.
And that´s not even gonna compare to Part two, where the team faces their biggest challenge yet: Another human trainer.

JavierE64

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
Life is short, and It doesn´t always end like you wanted it to.

That’s right, another human just showed up in front of me: He was fairly young, around my own age, we were even almost the same height; he wears a black shirt and pants, alongside a red jacket and a pair of red boots, and let’s not even mention his red hat. If my memory doesn’t fail me, those are the usual clothes … of a Pokémon Ranger.​

This region doesn´t have Pokémon Rangers, it doesn't need to. So, What’s he doing here? ​

- Congrats my friend, you’ve passed the test. - Is he really talking to me like that? After what just happened. - One can never be too careful with an evacuation … you know that. - But his facade fell apart, as soon as I discovered something … that I never wanted to see: bodies, multiple dead bodies, all piled up and being burned up just as we speak.​

- What have you done? - I closed my mouth in shock, and fear. - You killed them. -​

- They killed themselves, I just finished what they started. - He replied in a monotone voice, like if he was in a casual conversation. - They were the ones behind all of this, WE made the Legendaries destroy each other, and WE turned this world into a chaotic mess. - He was lying, there’s no way humans would be responsible for this, right? That’s when the Ranger told me how this started: - If you were paying attention, you should know all of this started in Unova: When those terrorists began using Legendaries, the League had no choice but to use them as well, all in a foolish attempt to seize control of all Pokémon. It only took a few days for things to get out of control, and those creatures destroyed the planet, just to fulfill someone’s selfish desires. Hard to believe how someone's actions can ruin so many lives. -​

I fell down on the floor; in a way, he was right: over the course of our journey, we witnessed how our actions ruined so many lives, and how the Pokémon had to pay for the atrocities we committed. Hell, even I was guilty of this: if I didn't break the transmission in the first place, all those poor survivors, and even Rocket Lady, wouldn't have fallen for this trap, and still live. I … was unable to do anything. - When I was a Pokémon Ranger, I could only stare with resentment at all those trainers that abused their Pokémon and made them fight to the death. - He continued talking. - So, I made it my personal goal to eliminate all the humans that continue plaguing what’s left of this planet, until only I remain. -​

- If that’s the case. - That statement got me really upset. - Then why are you using Pokémon?-​

- Because Pokémon are simple minded creatures, they need someone to lead them. - He replied. - And It’s my job to lead them, so they don´t fall into the wrong hands. - I easily saw through his hypocrisy: his real goal is to eliminate any potential threats. - My friend … Rocket Lady, the one that you killed, had no faith in humanity either, and she didn´t murder anyone. You ... just want to be the only one using Pokémon, to abuse them for personal gain. -​

- You know what, I don't even know why I'm explaining things to you. - He then pulled an Ultra Ball out of his jacket. - Since you’re gonna die in a few minutes anyways. - I grabbed an Ultra Ball as well, to prepare myself for one final battle.​

We both released the exact same Pokémon, at the exact same time: two Gyarados, one blue, one red, stood in front of each other, ready to tear the opposition apart. - Show no mercy Gyarados, Hyper Beam! - The ranger commands his Pokémon. - We have to stop them Gary, use Hydro Pump. - Both Pokémon unleashed their full strength, and the clash of both attacks caused a mild explosion, leaving a tray of smoke. - NOW! - I shouted.​

Taking advantage of the smoke, I called for Donna to attack the opponent with one nasty Thunderpunch; now weakened, Gary got a hold on the fellow Gyarados, in an attempt to prove once and for all, who’s the boss around here. That’s not all, I also used this opportunity to attack the ranger; if I can beat him in a brawl, he won't be able to use any more Pokémon.​

With the momentum on my side, I punched him in the face as many times as I could; but the scoundrel wouldn´t go down without a fight, and used my broken foot to force me to stop, so he could punch me himself. With him sitting on my legs, and him beating me up without mercy, I wasn't able to do anything, the pain was just too much to bear. If it weren't for Peter distracting him with Sand Attack, I would’ve been severely injured.​

- So that’s how you want this to go! - The Ranger was upset. - Then maybe it’s time for the big guns. - Five Pokéballs were then released; containing a Charizard, an Aerodactyl; and most shocking of all: three different Dragonites, all ready to attack us. So that’s what happened back in Blackthorn, he took those poor Dragons Types away from their community. ​

This fight is now even more personal than ever before.​

Charlie, Donna, Penny, Geoff, Sam; if we want to defeat our foes, everyone must participate.​

- Dragonite, kill them all with Outrage. - The tallest of the Dragon Types went berserk and attacked the team; Geoff intercepted him, but the move was too much, even for him. - Penny, try using Ice Punch to stop them. - But before my Golduck could attack, the other Dragonite prepared to zap her with a Thunder; Donna protects her, and ends up wounded as a result. As if that wasn't bad enough, the last Dragonite then trapped Penny inside a Twister.​

These foes were not called Pseudo-Legendaries for nothing; if one of them was already hard to defeat, then battling three of them at once seemed like an impossible task. Not to mention, there’s still the Aerodactyl and Charizard; Sam and Charlie tried their best to hold them off, but they are not gonna be able to keep up for long either. We’re doomed.​

- Screw it, let’s just finish this up. - The Ranger got fed up with us. - Everyone, Hyper Beam. -​

Normally, this would mean doom for the team; that is, until I came up with an idea.​

- EVERYONE, BRACE FOR IMPACT!!! - Upon hearing my command, my team prepared to take on the attack, as the five enemies shot off their beams. - You dumbass, there’s no way your precious Pokémon can survive such powerful moves. - But my team are not just ordinary Pokémon: They are family, and I believe in my family.​

As I expected, everyone survived the attack, and were still up for battle. - No big deal, I´ll just command my forces to use another Hyper Beam, and your Pokémon will be fun… - His speech was interrupted, when Selena jumped right into his face. This was our chance. - Carl, put them all to Sleep. - I released my Butterfree, who in return released a powerful Sleep Powder, one that incapacitated the five opponents before they could strike back.​

With everyone asleep, our team might be able to defeat them once and for all.​

Donna was able to take down one of the Dragonites with her Psychic powers, in quite a hilarious fashion if you asked me; after dealing with the fellow Gyarados, Gary was able to defeat the other Dragonite with an odd Icy Wind; and finally, Penny was the one to deal the final blow, as she only needed one Ice Punch, to defeat the toughest Dragonite of them all.​

As for the other two, it’s for the best if we defeat them with one move. - Sam, Charlie, push them so they get closer to each other. - To do that, Sam Drill Pecked the Aerodactyl, while Charlie shows the Charizard who’s the better starter by attacking them with a Body Slam. - Alright Penny, let’s finish this. - And with one final Surf, The Ranger’s team is defeated.​

…​

Upon their defeat, the entirety of the Ranger’s party ran away out of fear. Obeying the selfish desires of a single man wasn't something truly worth dying for. And when the bastard managed to get Selena off of him, he was completely alone. - For someone claiming to be the leader of all Pokémon, you are quite terrible at it. - I began to wonder if his hatred for trainers was truly for their mistreatment of Pokémon, or for him not being as good at using them. - It’s over, you have nowhere else to go. -​

The ranger looked at his surroundings, me and my team cornered him into one huge circle; but instead of feeling angry, sad, or even frustrated, he just put a sinister grin on his face. - This ain´t over, until I said it’s over. - He then pulled a handgun, and was about to open fire. I rushed toward him, to try to take the gun away from me; the others couldn't do anything about it, since they were afraid of hitting me with one of their attacks..​

We both wrestled for the firearm, he tried to exploit the weakness of my broken foot once again, but my determination of stopping him allowed me to endure the pain this time. But even with all my efforts, the guy can still fire at any moment. Oddly enough, it was during this moment, and the events that happened beforehand, that gave me a revelation.​

To protect the others, I made sure the gun was aiming at my stomach; and without hesitation, the Ranger opened fire at me; my friends watched in horror, as the bullet pierced my stomach, and made me fall to the floor. Not gonna lie, it was a painful experience. ​

He kept firing at me multiple times, hitting me on different parts of my chest; but by the time he tried to shoot me in the head, his gun ran out of bullets. He had nothing to defend himself.​

Charlie and company were all mad at the Ranger for what he had done, but the shock of seeing me in such a deplorable condition prevented them from doing anything. - That’s right! Go cry to your dead master, instead of avenging him. - Of course the imbecile didn't care about what he did to those poor creatures, he never did. - I know you won't kill me. You Pokémon are all the same, always meant to be our servants, and that will never change. -​

- They … won’t - I said to him, still being able to breathe. - But … he will. - With what little strength I had, I threw a Pokéball right in front of him, the last Pokéball I had with me. - Electrode. - Chehkov came out; and upon looking at the Ranger, he set up to explode. Our foe tried to escape, but Donna held him in place. He ain't gonna escape from this.​

Geoff covered all of us up, as the Ball Pokémon detonates, resulting in a massive explosion; when everything’s said and done, the group checked on the ranger, only to find a pair of shoes, and the Electrode still alive. The ranger was done for, It 's all over now.​

But that didn't matter to my team, as they were still concerned about my current condition: the bullets caused quite the damage to my body, and not even the strongest medicine we had can cure me now. I was gonna die, and none of us could anything about it​

Samantha, Geoff, Peter, Carl, Selena, Penny, Donna, Chehkov, and even Gary; they all gathered around me, shedding tears upon looking at my decaying condition. But the one who got it the worst, was Charlie. - Meganium. - My starter, my closest friend, he was mad at me for getting myself killed; at the same time, he cried out of pure sadness too. - MEGANIUM! -​

- Because … You guys … are my family. - I couldn´t understand his words, but I got his message. As much as I hated to admit it, humanity's time on this Earth was up; I tried so hard to convince myself it wasn't the case, with the whole searching for other survivors spiel; but in the end, I just refused to accept the inevitable. That ... was my revelation.​

- I was meant to die … and that’s ok. - I extended my hand towards Charlie, and he reached it with one of his vines, holding it with all of his strength. - But … you still have a whole life … ahead of you. This … is your world now … don´t waste it … like we humans did. -​

My group hugged me for one last time, as we spent my final moments together, as a family.​

Ha’aheo ka ua i naa pali
Ke nihi a’ela i ka nahele

It’s funny. As I began to lose conscience, Charlie played one final song on my good old Pokégear. One I was very familiar with, one that I never expected to listen on my deathbed.​

E uhai ana paha i ka liko
Pua 'ahihi lehua o uka

I’m sorry we couldn't hang out for longer, but .. I'm more than thankful for our time together.​

Alola ʻoe, alola ʻoe
E ke onaona noho i ka lipo

Please … live your lives ... as happily as possible, and don't ... let anyone … get in your way.​

One fond embrace,
A hoʻi aʻe au

I … love you all … goodbye ...​

Until we meet again

The Narrator
Charlie The Meganium Lv. 48
Item: Miracle Seed
Moves: Razor Leaf, Light Screen, Body Slam, Earthquake​

Sam The Fearow Lv. 48
Item: Sharp Beak
Moves: Return, Drill Peck, Fly, Agility.​

Geoff The Golem Lv, 48
Item: Quick Claw
Moves: Rock Throw, Earthquake, Explosion, Mud Slap​

Penny The Golduck Lv. 48
Item: Gold Berry
Moves: Surf, Whirlpool, Ice Punch, Disable​

Donna The Hypno Lv. 48
Item: Amulet Coin
Moves: Confusion/Psychic, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, ThunderPunch.​

Gary The Shiny Gyarados Lv. 48
Item: King's Rock
Move: Hydro Pump, Waterfall, Strength, Icy Wind.
Selena The Furret
Carl The Butterfree
Peter The Pidgey
Chekhov The Electrode

With Special Cameos by: The Final Antagonist of The Run

Well, we did it … the final Chapter. ​

This Chapter was hard for me to write, not only because it’s the last one, but also due to its content. I’m not gonna lie, this is one of the most emotional chapters I’ve ever written in general, I almost cried during the ending.​

As for the Ranger: while The Narrator was optimistic, and Rocket Lady was indifferent about humanity’s fate, this new character was both cynical, and completely selfish. He only appeared in these last chapters, but he caused quite the damage. Speaking of…​

If you kept track on this run, you should’ve noticed this run was a deathless one; that’s when I thought: the narrator would sacrifice himself, rather than to see any of his Pokémon, the only family he had left, die in front of him. And so, that’s how the decision came to be.

The final song is Aloha Oe, a song that means a lot to this run,it was part of one of the main inpirations of the Story, and the Afterverse in general.​

As for gameplay: Lance was easily defeated by Donna and Penny; that’s why the rest of the group took part in the part in the story fight, to make it more interesting. Furthermore, this story was made with Johto in mind, hence why we won't be able to cover the Post Game in Kanto. ​

I wanna thank you all for supporting me with this odd project of mine. Hard to believe an April Fools Joke turned into one of the most unique and experimental Nuzlockes I’ve ever written. There’s no chance I’d work on a run like this one in a long time, but I ain’t going nowhere just yet: We still have Run Away, Survivors, and many more projects I’m planning to release in the far future. So don't forget to stay tuned.​

For one last time. Thanks as always for reading this run, hope you enjoyed it, and I wish you all a wonderful evening.​

You guys are the best; please, take care of yourselves.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)