• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Kanto Teen Hack Mon (COMPLETED) Set for Uncertainty: Pokemon Fire Red Omega Nuzlocke

Does my team stand a chance against Brock's Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Won't even make it pass Viridian Forest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Description
It's officially Christmas as the ragtag team of young blood and veterans work together to take on the Elite Four. How far will they get? Will they challenge Kennedy? Will they survive?

THKS

The Trainer behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I'll be away on Thursday morning due to bush regeneration, I've decided to post Chapter 6 tonight. Unfortunately, Imgur continued to make it a problem and a half with the constant failed photo captures, painful lagging and forced refreshing. Of all the things to break me in this Nuzlocke, Imgur is nearly getting close to it.
Liking this update just for the Disney VHS bumper alone. To me? It's more soul than you think.

in this house we stan steve gray's "great ovation"
Well, I'm glad you liked the Feature Presentation. Who knows, maybe it'll show up again someday.

Judging by that opening maybe Herve shouldn't have a slot next to Franklin. He's picking up bad habits lol
Maybe dancing with death runs within the team. It explains Herve avoiding death's call a handful of times.

kinda crazy that Luvdisc can be a legit threat earlygame. But then again, #LuvdiscWins so I'm not surprised it can cause suffering.

ShockWave and TWave are pretty rude on a Starmie this early on. Not as bad as Ice Beam, but still pretty rough.
You'd be surprised what sort of chaos happens with the Gym Leaders in Omega. You just never know what lethal Pokemon will stand in the way.

Shocking that you beat Omega!Misty without any deaths. The fact she has Togetic on board in this hack is, as people much older than me would call it, a lulu.
It helps having Types that can damage Water Pokemon. Carrington and Herve have brought me a good deal of hope.

But a Togetic on her team does make sense; Misty had a good connection with the Togepi for a while in the anime.

After making our way around Cerulean City, we then made our way to Route 5.

Following Pidgeys and Taillows and a Bellsprout, oh my, the last was my new encounter.

Herve was trying his best to weaken Bellsprout before he fell asleep. Didn’t matter, though. She was convinced.

I ended up naming her Margaret, after the actress who played the Wicked Witch of the West, Margaret Hamilton.

Through the entrance to the underground tunnel, a little girl offers a trade with a Snorunt for a Seedot. Tempting as it may be, I already have coverage in that department.

Entering Route 6, and I had an unexpected realisation.

I forgot to wake Herve up! And it was up against a Pineco as well!

Fortunately, I went to the Disposal plan in Mae, which took the Selfdestruct with ease.

Spinarak and Ledyba didn’t even stand a chance.

After rushing back to Cerulean to heal Herve, I rushed back to Route 6. Let that be a lesson to me and you; always heal before you venture to the next town, no matter what Pokemon game you're playing, or any game for that matter.

On the way down to Vermilion City, Herve finally learned an attack move. Better yet, it was Petal Dance.

I was initially worried about facing Elijah. However, that was when he had his Butterfree, which was notorious for relying on status ailment moves.

Nonetheless, I switched out to Wilbur, and he took care of Ledian and Ninjask without any problems to note.

Oscar returned and had no problems against Isabelle’s trio of flying Pokemon.

Camper Jeff and his Raticate was my bigger concern, however, knowing that he had access to Hyper Fang. If he crits using that move, then Oscar could be the next one gone.

Fortunately, the rat’s mind was elsewhere, and Oscar took him down with two Confusions.

Wait. Does that mean you failed your Nuzlocke, Jeff?

And now the encounter. I was thinking of going into the grass patch, hoping for a cat Pokemon, possibly Meowth because of Pay Day, and yet I haven’t used the Old Rod at all and I would’ve felt bad not using it at all even though my encounter probably would’ve been a low-level Magikarp. So I decided to console the spinning wheel; one if by land, two if by sea.

Well, that settles that then.

Alright, a Carvanha. I appreciate the variety you could get out of an Old Rod in Omega.

Because Herve was at an extremely high level, I had to patiently wait before catching Carvanha.

But nonetheless, Estelle, named after Estelle Getty, is currently in waiting as well.

Now at Vermilion City, I went to the Fishing Guru, and ended up getting a Good Rod. Oh, the Pokemon you could potentially get from that…

But first, I needed some Great Balls for something like this.

I hooked a Dratini right on the first try.

Then I managed to weaken it at a reasonable area, being careful not to knock it out.

But then came the hard part; trying to convince her to join the team. I ended up wasting 11 Great Balls on a Dratini with below average health and paralysis at one point. Eleven! What dragged the process along further was her Dragon Rage. I had to heal poor Oscar intermittently while I was trying to get a Dratini.

I hope you’re worth the hassle…

And dipping back into Poltergeist, this time I named her Beatrice, after actress Beatrice Straight. Hope she has better luck than Heather in the Nuzlocke…

Sneaking into Route 11, I came across a Drowzee. Was hoping for a Fire type, but fine.

While Drowzee did manage to stop Oscar from using Confusion, he couldn’t stop the Great Ball.

Named him Sigmund, after Sigmund Freud.

And then came Diglett’s Cave. Considering that Diglett are the main attraction, and Digletts are the main Pokemon you can encounter, along with Digletts normally knowing Arena Trap to stop you from leaving, preventing you from switching out against a Diglett unless you had a Flying type, it would only make sense that my encounter in Diglett’s Cave would be none other than a…

DUNSPARCE?! ARE YOU MUK-ING SERIOUS?!

Even worse, it was a pain to whittle down. It may be a cold day in Lavaridge Town before I consider using him.

And I gave him an appropriate name to match my frustration with the encounter. Milhous. For Dunsparce’s faults, at least he’s not a crook.

Before I entered the S.S. Anne, I quickly fished for a Pokemon.

And Horsea was the result.

Just a quick reminder, of the fifteen balls I’ve bought, thirteen were used up, and eleven were from that one Dratini, no less. Sometimes, luck is just not on your side.

But it didn’t matter, because Horsea joined the team anyway.

He is named Gerard, after French singer Gerard Blanc.

And before we board the boat, here’s a quick recap on what we caught:

Promising, but she won’t be a priority at least until Carrington and/or maybe even Herve fall.

Nice to see a Water type in my haul, but her defense is what worries me. Does have Bite, though.

Yeah, she’s automatically next in line regardless of who falls.

Shares traits of Prince, Miyu and Franklin, but unlikely to be used because of Franklin and Oscar in front.

Who would’ve thought that name Milhous would work on a Dunsparce with a Lonely/Run Away combo? I didn’t even plan that, much like how most of my Pokemon in the first half being female. Anyway, an outside chance if things are looking dire like they did following Brock, but only if they REALLY get dire.

If Gerard can evolve into a Kingdra in this game, he might become a gun of a Pokemon.

Oh, and since I didn’t want Oscar to fall behind, I quickly got him to Level 24, and he knew Magical Leaf.

When you board a cruise ship, how many times have you been challenged to a battle in real life? Never, from my recollection. But that’s thrown overboard in a game like Pokemon.

Carrington and Franklin proved why they are no pushovers against Sailors coming left, right and centre.

Herve, on the other hand, got hit by a Tentacool’s Supersonic, and failed to land Petal Dance a whopping FOUR TIMES. If I didn’t use a healing item then, he would’ve been gone.

Fortunately, he snapped out of it, and knocked Tentacool out with Petal Dance, and doing the same with Wooper.

Knowing that the next batch of trainers are most likely carrying Water Pokemon, I thought it was best to level Mae up with a Rare Candy. And now she has a body attached to her! Also, the party has now at least evolved once, something that would've felt unheard of at the beginning!

Herve’s luck with Petal Dance continued to struggle at the worst time, against a Remoraid. But he managed to pull through confusion and land one more Petal Dance.

With it being Oscar’s turn, he had a go against several trainers. This Machop was the first victim.

There was one instance where I switched out Oscar for Wilbur since I was worried that Growlithe would bite Oscar. Initially it appeared to be a bad move, as Wilbur was wounded and burned… until the Growlithe used ROAR for whatever reason. Have I mentioned how I hated ROAR and Whirlwind?

Oscar returned and finished the job with minimal damage. He got to level 25 after taking care of both Nidorino and Nidorina.

Wilbur also got to Level 25 after taking out a series of Pokemon. I’ll just let you know when he learns an actual good attack move.

As I continued to battle trainers left, right and centre, an old man reminds me that Cut is an indisposable HM technique, so I have to think about who to teach it to.

Franklin suffers a tough battle against a Delcatty, and a Poliwhirl almost took her down.

By the time Ponyta came out to play, I called in Mae to defeat the Ponyta. No issues were had, and I healed up the party before venturing further.

I’m gonna have to make him better somehow, aren’t I… please be wholesome...

And just when it seems that we’ll visit the cut master without anyone in the way…

Somehow, that bit of dialogue reminds me of this:

Well, no, actually. I got a ticket from Bill after I freed him from a Pokemon. It's a long story.

It looks like Kennedy thinks I’m a pushover. Well I’ll show him!

Franklin took down Golbat with her Ice Punch.

Then she took down Haunter with her Confusion.

Next came Granbull, and Franklin got lucky with a crit Confusion.

Then came Magmar, and I actually thought it was still a good idea to ride the wave with Franklin. You have the right to call me crazy.

Despite Magmar being faster and landing Smokescreen, Franklin managed to seduce her rival with a Lovely Kiss, which managed to leave him slightly incapacitated allowing Franklin to strike first. Of course, the Magmar would wake up and fight back with Ember. However, it wasn’t even close to enough, as she did the unthinkable and take down the Magmar on her own.

Franklin has come a long way from being bested as a Smoochum, hasn’t she?

Yeah, well, stop being meta.

I was intending to do that. (Also, Cut is very useful in Pokemon X/Y, for all the wrong reasons…)

Three things certain in life; death, taxes, and Kennedy’s strut.

After making the Captain feel better with a backrub, he ends up giving me the HM Cut. The hard part is going to pick who gets the honour of chopping trees.

I think we all know what to close this chapter out with, here…

Sorry, no My Heart Will Go On. It’s been done by Jake McAulay. Next time, we’ll be tying up some loose ends before finally battling Lt. Surge. Hope my team shows their war face.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Wilbur, Mae the Graveler, Carrington, Herve, Oscar

Members in Waiting: Margaret the Bellsprout, Estelle the Carvanha, Beatrice the Dratini, Sigmund the Drowzee, Milhous the Dunsparce, Gerard the Horsea

Death Count: 6 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy)
Next Chapter, we will be facing Lt. Surge. Things could quite literally get shocking.

Last edited:

Train27

King of Derps
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Usually seen calmly grazing at the computer, turning pizza and caffeine into code.
By the way, do you have any plans on evolving Mae or will she stay as a Graveler? I've heard that some romhacks allow for trade-evolutions to happen in some way (via npc-trading back or even changing the mechanic altogether to evolve based on level) as to not cut on certain evolutionary lines' viability.

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
I SWEAR Imgur kills more runs than the games themselves. I don't know what gremlins are running those servers, but sometimes they work totally fine and other times they are soulcrushingly horrible in terms of actually uploading things.

Huge disagree on the shade my boy Dunsparce is getting. Incredibly solid pokemon especially if you get STAB early on, not phenomenal without a good Headbutt tutor (and being Run Away instead of Serene Grace) since that's basically it's entire gimmick and best STAB rolled into one, but it can roll with Return / Strength, Dig coverage. Glare is amazing utility and just look at those stats! A good, maligned boy with a good levelling exp curve.
Your box *does* have a lot of really nice options, though.

Ok that rival team was actually pretty nice, if those mons evolve he's gonna be a threat. Little gutsy leaving Franklin in there but I suppose it makes sense considering her special defense and having no other really fantastic counter (and the need for revengeeeee)
I forget, does this hack have the phys / special split?

Let's gooo Surge time.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I came back from work and it was a painfully hot day that was only exacerbated by the bus ride home where the bus' air conditioner wasn't working for reasons. It feels like I'm still trying to recover from today. Chapter 7 will be coming Friday, hopefully.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
By the way, do you have any plans on evolving Mae or will she stay as a Graveler? I've heard that some romhacks allow for trade-evolutions to happen in some way (via npc-trading back or even changing the mechanic altogether to evolve based on level) as to not cut on certain evolutionary lines' viability.
Knowing Omega, there seems to be plenty of surprises in store for evolutions; for instance, Franklin evolved at Level 24 the Chapter before! So going by that, it’s probable that Mae could evolve into a Golem without the need to trade her off to some NPC.

Huge disagree on the shade my boy Dunsparce is getting. Incredibly solid pokemon especially if you get STAB early on, not phenomenal without a good Headbutt tutor (and being Run Away instead of Serene Grace) since that's basically it's entire gimmick and best STAB rolled into one, but it can roll with Return / Strength, Dig coverage. Glare is amazing utility and just look at those stats! A good, maligned boy with a good levelling exp curve.
Your box *does* have a lot of really nice options, though.
I’ll admit Dunsparce can be a decent viable Pokemon, but in fairness I didn’t jump at the idea of getting a Dunsparce in Diglett’s Cave. To any other person playing Omega, they normally see Dunsparce in the cave as a variety and a godsend, but I’m not any other person. I’m just annoyed with the encounter in the cave rather than ‘Jake McAulay trashing the Butterfree line all day every day, but with Dunsparce’ (in fact, he completed a Nuzlocke with a Dunsparce). If it were any other cave or tunnel, my anger regarding the encounter wouldn’t have been that high.

That said, time will make my frustrations go away, and who knows; maybe Milhous might get his time to shine. Just wanted to clear up any misgivings about the unreasonably long snake.

Ok that rival team was actually pretty nice, if those mons evolve he's gonna be a threat. Little gutsy leaving Franklin in there but I suppose it makes sense considering her special defense and having no other really fantastic counter (and the need for revengeeeee)
I forget, does this hack have the phys / special split?
Yeah, it looks like Omega is going to go all out with the rival's Pokemon from here on out. Omega is probably going to make sure Franklin doesn't sweep the rival's Pokemon ever again after that.

From what I heard, apparently so. I know little about the physical/special split, but Omega does.

Having a few things to do, the first thing I did was call in Margaret in place of Oscar and teach her Cut. With competition in her way, she has to settle as a utility for now.

First, I entered Diglett’s cave…

…and I was reminded on what I could’ve and should've caught in the cave. Well, it’s the evolved form, but still! It’s only making me more annoyed that I caught a Dunsparce. It feels like I've been pranked by Omega. Good thing I had Wilbur in front, though. He just flies over Arena Trap and Ground moves as if it were nothing!

Getting out of the tunnel, I first went to the Aide, who was nearby the Viridian Forest. With more than ten Pokemon documented (only fifteen counted due to the game only acknowledging Kanto Pokemon), I got Flash. Flawed, but can lower accuracy and is handy when inside caves.

Next, I went back to Viridian City, and there was a man who had problems with eating dreams. To free himself of this, he offered to train Dream Eater to one of my Pokemon.

Hey, guys! Wilbur learned a good attack move!

Maybe you might need to see a doctor about that.

Next stop, Pewter City. A scientist asked for me to get the Old Amber examined. The problem was that it would take me to Cinnabar Island for me to finally test it.

Then I went back through the cave, and Wilbur tested out his new toy.

Last but not least, I went to the Pokemon Fan Club. After patiently waiting over the Gentleman simping for his Rapidash, he gave me a Bike Voucher.

Way to make Wilbur jealous…

Anyway, I went to Cerulean City for the Bicycle and rode all the way back to Vermilion. Do you dare play Queen?

Healing Wilbur, I then switched Margaret for Oscar in the party.

Then I returned to Route 11, ready to get the team on par with Franklin by defeating trainers.

It almost fell apart at the first hurdle; Herve struggled against an Arbok, especially when he hurt himself in confusion.

It quite literally went down to the wire for Herve. He narrowly survived and levelled up. It just goes to show how that’s the detriment of having Petal Dance.

Mae basically took care of the Engineers with Magnitude.

Then it was Oscar’s turn to shine. While he did weather some hits, he managed to rack up wins against trainers with Magical Leaf…

…but he hit a brick wall against a Youngster’s Raticate. When Oscar hit a Confusion, the Raticate retaliated with a Hyper Fang. Fortunately, it didn’t crit, but it made me wary.

Oscar did quell my worries with a second Confusion, though.

Wilbur loved to continue using his new toy. It just goes to show… with great power, comes great insanity.

Why do you think people grind in a game like this, Yasu?

Seeing the Gambler’s Voltorb (Yep, I called him Gambler. Back in the Gen I days, he was called Gambler, not Gamer), I switched out to Mae. Despite a Sonicboom, Mae had no other problems.

Okay, I had to at least once in this Nuzlocke.

Carrington, meanwhile, was tested against another Gambler. Despite being burned, she managed to down Growlithe and Vulpix with little issues.

And here’s the party now. Guess it’s time for one quick grind before Surge. I've decided to forgo the chime for something more appropriate.

One thing to note is that Oscar learned Psychic. He’s getting closer.

With the team at Level 27, a tree still stood in the way of the Gym. So I subbed Wilbur out for Margaret in this case, due to Wilbur being weak to Electric types.

And here’s where the team stands now.

Only Oscar learned a new move, but their movesets look promising. Margaret is only there to cut the tree because I refused to teach the move to any main member of my party.

Cutting the tree down, I found one of many stones, this one being a Thunderstone. Could come in handy if I come across a Pikachu or an Eevee…

Then it’s time to make Surge get Thunderstrucked.

With the trainers specialising in Electric types and some of them potentially having Static, I made Carrington rely on Mega Drain, which went reasonably well. As for Magnemite, I just relied on Mach Punch. The same went for the Elekid.

Counter seems like a risk move to me. Works well on Pokemon like Wobbuffet, but a considerable amount of concern if the Pokemon against Carrington had special moves only. So I opted against Counter.

And now it's time to take on Surge and get our third--

Oh, right. The puzzle…

This took roughly ten minutes for me to finally solve the puzzle. This was and remains the worst thing Kanto has ever done.

You better think about what you saying. You better think about the consequences of your actions.

Come to think of it, how old is Surge? I envisioned him as old as John Kreese was in The Karate Kid, but the Gentleman before him served under Surge in the Army. Unless if the Gentleman is younger, Surge’s age raises a can of worms.

Anyway, time for Surge. Oh, and a Gym Leader battle, of course.

With Electric types being his staple, I started off with Mae. She made the sheep tumble over with Magnitude.

Then came Chinchou, which was when I switched to Carrington. Unfortunately, Carrington got hit by the one-two Water Pulse/Thunder Wave combo. However, I opted to persist, and Carrington was rewarded by knocking Chinchou out.

Then came Manectric, which I made Mae return to the battlefield.

The Manectric nearly took Mae down, but she got lucky with her Magnitude.

Next was Raichu. With Carrington not in the best form, I sent out Oscar. Unfortunately, Oscar walked into a Focus Punch.

Having a Kirlia with Synchronize does come in handy for battles like this. It allows you to be at least on an even playing field at first.

I thought now was the time to cure Oscar of paralysis. Bad news, so did Surge with his Raichu.

Oscar ended up taking Raichu to his limits, forcing him to eat that Sitrus Berry. After healing, we returned to focusing on taking down Raichu with Psychic.

Raichu nearly took Oscar down, but Oscar had the last parting shot with Psychic.

Next was Jolteon; admittedly a Pokemon I wasn’t expecting Surge to have.

I sent in Herve, who ate all five Pin Missiles, which did only 3 points of damage a piece.

My first thought was to weaken the Jolteon with Poison Powder. Sadly, Herve missed the first one, and by the time he landed the second one, he was down to two-fifths of his health.

I healed him up, and then I threw all caution to the wind and ordered Herve to use Petal Dance.

Like before, he was down to two-fifths of his health, but with Poison Powder, the job was done.

Last was Magneton. Before I could even switch out, Herve wasn’t done, and barely weathered a Shock Wave before finally getting confused. I never thought I’d prefer that happen to him than dying.

So I thought the best idea was to send in Mae. First, I healed Herve up, then Mae before switching in.

She negated the Shock Wave and was primed to defeat the Magneton with Magnitude…

…but the rng god had other plans.

Mae… my Graveler is gone now. My defensive unit regarding explosions… finished. And it fell the way in the mix of Locke’s Diglett Henrietta and JoCat’s Geodude Potato*. I strangely feel shattered.

*(Henrietta got a Magnitude 4 before being killed by a Magnemite with two Sonicbooms, while Potato got killed by a Hidden Power from an Abra)

But no time to mourn, I had to decide on who to send out next.

I made an executive decision, sending in Carrington the Breloom, even though she was paralysed and was at the mercy of Magneton.

Carrington pushed through her pain to land a Mach Punch, dismantling the Magneton into pieces, and finally putting Surge’s test of fortitude over. It feels like she deserves a medallion for how special she did.

Oh, Surge gave her that Badge.

Just wait till Wilbur hears about that!

Oh, and Shock Wave. Like Water Pulse but guaranteed to hit!

I was hoping to exit Surge’s Gym unscathed, but like some notable Pokemon that is well known in the Nuzlocke community once said… “I believe this is all happening for a reason”. Being honest, there was only so much I could do. I was fortunate to leave with just one casualty instead of three, but it still hurts to lose a Pokemon.

To close out our chapter… we will dim the arena lights for Mae.

Rest in Peace

Mae the Graveler – Mt. Moon, Level 15 - Level 27.
It kinda sucks to see her go. She was there when the team needed a shield to protect themselves from explosion. She was like a sister to Franklin due to them respectively learning Mega Punch and Mega Kick. She was key in taking down Lt. Surge. She will be missed.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Wilbur, Carrington, Herve, Oscar

Members in Waiting: Margaret (Utility), Estelle, Beatrice, Sigmund, Milhous, Gerard

Death Count: 7 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy, Mae the Graveler)
Next Chapter, we’ll be going through the Rock Tunnel. Arceus help us all…

Last edited:

Train27

King of Derps
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Usually seen calmly grazing at the computer, turning pizza and caffeine into code.
Does Fire Red Omega improve the trainers AI as well?

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
And here is Chapter 8. Let's hope things go well today, following Surge.
Does Fire Red Omega improve the trainers AI as well?
Considering how nearly every trainer has been buffed up so far, I’d say most of them have a somewhat competent AI, though only the so-called Cooltrainers who carry healing items have probably the best that’s not a Gym Leader or the rival. That said, Omega does have at least one foible about the decision making; at one point, the rival’s starter ends up struggling, and I’d presume that only happens at Lavender Tower. While it has so far only happened to an Electabuzz, maybe it might’ve been a programming error.

This one was a no brainer. Beatrice was welcomed into the team, and she was brought up to speed to Level 27.

After this, I decided to stock up on some potions, status healing items, and add a few more Great Balls. Who knows how tough the Pokemon are on the road ahead?

Taking the tunnel back to Cerulean City, we brought Margaret back in place of Carrington. It feels like she deserves a little break.

With the tree cut, it’s time to take on trainers.

Beatrice had a strong showing in her first trainer battles, but when a Geodude came out, I had to look at my team’s defense.

It says a whole lot when Herve the Gloom has the best Physical Defense to take a Selfdestruct, and that’s not saying much.

Nonetheless, I sent in Herve, and the Geodude…

…got hit by a crit Petal Dance.

The same went for Onix, only to a normal Petal Dance.

Franklin, meanwhile, smacked a Numel so hard with Ice Punch… the Numel broke into many shards off screen. Just go with it, we’ll get through the tunnel faster.

While she also got paralysed by Charmeleon’s Dragonbreath, Franklin kept going and used Confusion.

Really? You raised Illumise and Volbeat from cocoons? I don’t get it.

Illumise was a pain and a half trying to take out, while Volbeat was just as bad. Fortunately, Herve got the job done.

Go get some Kakunas, scrub.

And now time for the Route 9 encounter. Another Female, but it’s a Natu.

While we now have a whopping four Psychic Pokemon, the fact that she’s a Flying type does give her potential.

I ended up naming her Sacagawea. You know, the woman who helped Lewis and Clark on their expedition.

There’s nothing super about his Bug Pokemon. Oscar exposed him as a phony.

Geez, slow down, Oscar.

Oh, boy, another Hiker…

Wilbur was out next, and I had faith that he would’ve made Geodude fall asleep, allowing him to use his very own dream-eatin’ mega ultra super—

I sent Herve out to deal with the rest of the Pokemon.

That’s the remnants of Wilbur! HOW DARE YOU MAKE YOUR GEODUDE EXPLODE, YOU ROCK-HEADED PIECE OF—

I asked Oscar to teleport the team back to Cerulean following that debacle.

I still can’t believe Wilbur is gone, let alone being the first Pokemon to fall to another Pokemon that blew up. This was partly why I wanted Mae alive. I’m worried that my team won’t make it past the other side of the Tunnel if every Geodude and Graveler exploded.

Carrington was recalled, and the party was healed up, before we continued down the pathway.

Oh no, an Ice-Type!

Oh, never mind, it’s just a Delibird.

And then we came to Route 10. And it’s a Magnemite, a Pokemon that certainly can come in handy; this would be the first Electric Pokemon we can catch! Sure, a Magneton killed off Mae, but Surge taught it Hidden Power. Just think of the possibilities with --

*sighs* It feels like I can’t have anything, sometimes…

What kind of Pokemon are you packing to lose at the Gyms all the time?

Oh, a Pichu? I wonder why it isn’t happy…

Aw, you have a Smoochum! Here’s mine!

She’s got legs and knows how to use them. See?

Time for the Rock Tunnel encounter, and it’s a Golbat. Yet another female… but if you get past the common Zubat encounters, and you train the line up with all the love and care you could give, then you’ll have a Crobat in no time. I know, because I recently completed a Nuzlocke where my Crobat played a big part for my team during most of the run.

But enough reminiscing, time to get Golbat.

Golbat proved to be a minor hassle, but she joined the team after the second Great Ball thrown.

I called her Christine, after Divinyls lead singer Chrissy Amphlett.

Sacagawea has some decent moves, with Extrasensory being a standout, but only her special attack and speed are noteworthy.

Meanwhile, Christine is a potential weapon if I could somehow get her happiness through the roof, and her moveset (bar Leech Life and Astonish) is promising.

As I was trying to think of who could fill the void of Wilbur, Milhous was in the mix. I wish I was making that up, but he certainly was considered.

In the end, I settled for Christine. But first, after the recent casualty, I decided to bump the team up to Level 30.

*One Grind Session Later*

A lot has happened.

Beatrice would learn Slam, a move that deals good damage at the cost of 75% accuracy, before evolving into a Dragonair.

Christine learned Confuse Ray, the better of two confusing moves.

Herve learns a second attacking move in Acid. Nowhere near as damaging as Petal Dance, but a move that can lower defense if luck is on your side.

And the big one being Oscar. He evolved into Gardevoir... and for some reason now knows Ice Punch, which is a move a Gardevoir can only learn via tutoring. Now he feels like a counterpart to Franklin.

And here’s the team, ready to go through the Rock Tunnel.

Um… I wasn’t expecting that. Hooray for Omega being considerate, but if I was the developer of Omega, I would’ve made every cave/tunnel dark and made the option for Flash easier to get.

After battling the Pokemaniac, I came across the Rock Slide tutor much earlier…

…but dismayed that none of my Pokemon could know it.

And so we continued into the cave. Beatrice managed to do some good work against a Kecleon and some Grass types before tapping out from paralysis.

Carrington, despite the type disadvantage, managed to take out both Fire types in Slugma and Numel.

Then she made short work of the Hikers standing in her way, one of which being a Pat Benatar fan.

I’m not kidding, those lines were taken and somewhat derivative to Pat Benatar’s Hit Me with Your Best Shot.

Franklin tagged in against the next Hiker, but Herve took her place when she was up against a Lairon. He managed to take him down with Petal Dance.

When Makuhita came out, he got confused, but he powered through with his Petal Dance. Cubone suffered the same fate.

We’re in Kanto, not Springfield. Unless if there is a Springfield in Kanto...

I hate getting lost in the Rock Tunnel. Especially when it was dark…

Franklin returned, but when she got paralysed, I thought it was best to send Herve out again.

Herve managed to get the job done with ease.

I think Franklin is pointing at where the next ladder is. Follow her, and I’m sure you’ll escape.

Next was – wait for it – another Hiker, this time carrying Geodude and Graveler. Did he really have to remind me of Mae? Nonetheless, Franklin took both down with two Ice Punches before they even made a move.

Oh, thank Arceus, a different trainer!

Finally, Christine came out to play, and knocked over Jigglypuff, Hoothoot and Meowth, all with Wing Attack.

But the joy is short lived when we face yet another Hiker. I hate them for two things; lack of variety and carrying Pokemon with Explosion. Yes, Bikers also carry Koffings that can explode and they normally carry Poison types, but the Hiker is the one that can ruin games more. I know because Wilbur fell to a Geodude earlier.

Anyway, I healed Herve prior, so that it could sweep the Hiker’s team. Good.

Well, this is a mismatch. This original Pokemaniac had three Slowpokes.

Oscar was called in and took out the Rhyhorn, Lickitung and Spinda.

With the Hikers and that one Pokemaniac vanquished in the Rock Tunnel, Christine was finally free to face other trainers. She made it to Level 31 in no time.

Oscar would curbstomp the last trainer standing in the way of the exit.

But the job is not yet done, there are four trainers standing in the way to Lavender Town.

I’ve set Beatrice up with an Ether, before getting her back into combat.

I will say this, Dragon Rage is a reasonably good move in the early game. Key word being ‘early’. Meanwhile, Twister is a move that is mis-typed. Hope she learns a better Dragon move down the road.

Finally, we made it to Lavender Town. Omega kind of made it easier with not making Flash a priority to learn, but the Rock Tunnel is still an endurance test for your party.

Nonetheless, with the job done, the party finally got healed up. Now they can put their feet up for the day. Oh wait, Beatrice doesn’t have any legs… well, she can curl up.

Next time, we will be heading to Celadon City, and see what kind of scum and villainy belie in the Game Corner.

But for now… we need to farewell Wilbur.

Rest in Peace

Wilbur the Noctowl – Route 3, Level 11 - Level 27 - The first Pokemon I caught following Brock’s bloodbath, and while he never learned any good attacking moves besides being tutored Dream Eater, Wilbur helped the team lift. In fact, he helped the team evolve, including Franklin. And his life was taken away by some Hiker's Geodude. Wilbur, you will be missed.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Carrington, Herve, Oscar the Gardevoir, Beatrice the Dragonair, Christine the Golbat

Members in Waiting: Margaret, Estelle, Sigmund, Milhous, Gerard, Sacagawea the Natu

Death Count: 8 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy, Mae, Wilbur the Noctowl)

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Ah shoot I missed a comment, guess I'm replying for two.

Mae's death is so classic Geodude line that it's actually hilarious. To have a low Magnitude roll and being obliterated by a quad weakness weird coverage move both at once is just so typical that I felt the sitcom laughter and straight man character roll his eyes. Oh, that zany Mae! Amazing.

All in all considering the (kind of unfair) power level Surge was packing here, a single Graveller death isn't bad at all. She was a no-go for Erika, questionable at Koga because of Levitate being a guaranteed pain for her for at least one of his pokemon (and Giga Drain coverage almost a given), hardly worth mentioning for Sabrina, and flat out guaranteed to eat a solarbeam or energy ball or other stupid coverage move at Blaine. She went out at her peak, which is pretty solid.

nowhere near as bad as getting killed by an Abra of all things at least LOL that's gotta hurt losing a Dude like that. Was that the trainer in Sinnoh? I feel like only something like DpPPt could do something that frustrating.

Man I was hoping Dray had shown some love to Noctowl in this game but I guess he didn't start doing that until his later hacks. In the others it's Flying/Psychic with actual moves and a hefty stat boost, not surprised the poor dude got geodabbed on here. Guess that explains why Wilbur wasn't that particularly good unfortunately.

Can't say much about the new teammates, they make sense. I'm not a particular fan of mid-stage pseudos but the Dragonite line is as durable as they come in that department, so Bea'll probably pull through. Can def see the appeal in a reliable 3hko / most likely resistance against anything the game decides to throw at you at this point. Golbat's Golbat, 'nuff said.

Leaf Stone for Herve is gonna be huge, same for GDrain from the gym. Celadon's made for him.
I'm curious what the wilds will be on the way there and what game corner stuff there is in Omega, honestly don't have an idea what's coming up.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Here we are at Chapter 9. How will the team fare against Giovanni and his new batch of hard-hitting Pokemon? We shall see!
Mae's death is so classic Geodude line that it's actually hilarious. To have a low Magnitude roll and being obliterated by a quad weakness weird coverage move both at once is just so typical that I felt the sitcom laughter and straight man character roll his eyes. Oh, that zany Mae! Amazing.

All in all considering the (kind of unfair) power level Surge was packing here, a single Graveller death isn't bad at all. She was a no-go for Erika, questionable at Koga because of Levitate being a guaranteed pain for her for at least one of his pokemon (and Giga Drain coverage almost a given), hardly worth mentioning for Sabrina, and flat out guaranteed to eat a solarbeam or energy ball or other stupid coverage move at Blaine. She went out at her peak, which is pretty solid.

nowhere near as bad as getting killed by an Abra of all things at least LOL that's gotta hurt losing a Dude like that. Was that the trainer in Sinnoh? I feel like only something like DpPPt could do something that frustrating.
Yeah, perhaps Mae was living on borrowed time, but considering Wilbur died not long after, it’s only going to hurt with every Selfdestruct.

And yes, that Abra that knew Hidden Power was from Sinnoh.
Man I was hoping Dray had shown some love to Noctowl in this game but I guess he didn't start doing that until his later hacks. In the others it's Flying/Psychic with actual moves and a hefty stat boost, not surprised the poor dude got geodabbed on here. Guess that explains why Wilbur wasn't that particularly good unfortunately.
It’s not easy training up a Noctowl, but I had no other option but to persist with what I had. Wilbur grew on me a lot and it felt like a huge piece had fallen.

Before I set off to Celadon City, I decided to get my Route 12 encounter. Spoiler, it was another Water type.

Well, I had to tiptoe past Horsea for a Remoraid, but it’s still a Water type.

I named her Duncan, after the first woman of South Africa to cross the English Channel, Margaret Duncan. I know, I’m beginning to run low on name ideas.

And then comes Route 8. I have to deal with those two trainers, first, though.

Beatrice wastes no time in taking down Jigglypuff and Clefairy with Slam. Don’t expect that move to be used often.

Remember how Game Freak used to call these guys Gamblers? How I missed that.

Carrington made short work of both Pokemon.

After benching Beatrice, I ended up getting Margaret to cut the tree down.

While I was getting berries, I stumbled across a Meowth. People normally see them as item caddies before they evolve into a Persian, but I did complete a Nuzlocke twice with a Persian...

...so there are some good vibes with catching one.

I named her Honor, after Honor Blackman, who was an Avenger and a Bond Girl.

1964, ladies and gentlemen.

You don’t need to remind me twice about that.

And yet the two out of three Pokemon that I took out with Carrington had a type advantage. Where’s strategy when you need it?

A double battle? Okay, then.

So much for ‘twin power’, huh?

Uh oh.

While Carrington did take the Nidorina out, she got poisoned before she faced Delcatty. However, one Mach Punch was all it took to take Delcatty down.

I used an Antidote to quash her illness.

I was dreading Leslie’s Koffing. I already knew that it put Luddy down, and I don’t want the Koffing to go off and take another.

Christine was sent out because of her Poison typing. She was on the verge of taking out Koffing, but then he snapped out of confusion and…

It used Smog. Which didn’t even land.

And you should get more Pokemon, too.

Gee. I wonder what her favourite Pokemon is?

And not one of her Pokemon was a Meowth. That’s false advertising.

It’s even sillier when your facing just like joypad buttons.

Franklin didn’t have problems with the first four Pokemon.

But then came Raichu, which ended up paralysing Franklin. Fortunately, she withstood an attack from Raichu before putting her enemy down with a Confusion.

Look at what your Pokemon did to my beloved Franklin!

No.

Herve started off against Grimer, and took about three Petal Dances to take him down. Just in time to get confused against Slugma.

So Oscar was sent in. After enduring a Rock Throw from Slugma, Oscar made short work of him.

What, I’m not allowed to have a Gardevoir in my party? What are you trying to say?

Okay, maybe you need to take it to a mecha--

Oh, come on. Another battle?

Herve started off against Koffing, and on the first turn it used Selfdestruct. I swear to Arceus if it kills him like it did to Wilbur…

How on earth did Herve survive that?! He’s not built like a Toyota Hilux, but he’s certainly no pushover with explosions!

Since I used Petal Dance, however, Herve was at the mercy of Muk. Fortunately, Herve got confused before the Muk could land another blow.

Oscar came in to save Herve and get the job done by taking out Muk and Doduo.

Why did you even battle me in the first place?

Oscar made short work of the last two trainers; Gambler Stan’s water Pokemon were no match for Oscar’s Magical Leaf.

Oscar managed to take out Voltorb with ease, but Magnemite proved to be a minor issue due to its typing..

After dealing with a painful assault from Manectric, Oscar took him down. Then came Koffing. I’ll spare you the details on how it died.

Actually, I’m going to go to Celadon, now.

I think you all know what song goes here.

We’re probably not moving elsewhere until we get something to wake it up, are we?

Route 7, and after a Shroomish, I came across a Hoppip.

After weakening Hoppip, she ended up joining the team.

I named her Wynne, after Diana Wynne Jones, the woman behind Howl’s Moving Castle.

I finally arrived at Celadon City, and already I saw a Rocket Grunt.

Suddenly, a stray Eevee showed up behind one of the buildings and asked if he could join the team. His name was revealed to be Bronson, after actor Charles Bronson.

What? Of course that happened. I didn’t take an Eevee on some guy’s desk. That would be silly.

Next was Route 16. I wasn’t going to wait for the Poke Flute, I’m catch-hungry!

And we get a Rattata. I’d feel annoyed that I got a Rattata, but more amazed that it took me this long to get one. Nothing special, but a relatively sound option if it evolves to a Raticate.

The Rattata joined the team.

She was named Lauren, after Lauren Bacall.

And now time for the real reason why I went down this route…

Yep, Fly. The sooner Christine evolves into a Crobat, the better.

Now a rundown on what we’ve caught.

Hustle honestly makes Duncan a Loose Cannon. Good thing it has Lock-On…

On a serious note, Honor is nothing special, though if you wanted to cash in on the Meowth’s two specialities, Pickup and Pay Day, you’ll make a fortune in no time. Who knows; I’ve beaten a Nuzlocke with a Persian before, could Honor get that same luxury?

*sighs* Another Grass type that doesn’t know an attack move. Lucky me…

Run Away is nothing to write home about for Bronson, but the best thing about Eevee is that you get to choose how it should evolve.

Lauren doesn’t have that luxury, however, but her speed is where she seems to be queen with, while her attack is nothing to sneeze at. Maybe she could come in handy.

With Margaret’s work done for now, I’ve recalled Oscar. Oh, I forgot to mention; I decided to bench Oscar, feeling that his work regarding Route 8 was finished.

A man down in the dumps has vowed to become sober from the gambling scene, and he proves it by relinquishing his coin case.

And so we arrive at the Game Corner. It's just the same as the original game. Honestly, I was hoping for something like this...

Anyway, getting the coins, getting the coins--

*bump* Oof, sorry.

But I came here to get some coins…

Once again roped into a Rocket battle, Beatrice comes in like a house of fire and brings down both Houndour and Golbat.

Honestly, if he didn’t want to give the hideout any attention, it probably would’ve been best if he didn’t blurt it out in the first place, let alone leaving the poster as is without anything guarding it. This Rocket Grunt is dumb.

And into the hideout we go.

Oh, come on. All I was doing was getting some coins.

Beatrice took a rough hit and a Supersonic, but managed to dispose both Linoone and Lickitung.

Beatrice also suffered a relatively close call against a Kadabra. When Beedrill came out, now was the time to get Carrington to come out and play.

Although she took damage, Carrington knocked the Beedrill out with Headbutt. And now it feels like I'm in Jake McAulay's bad book now.

Gee, I wonder if that will come in handy later in the game.

Despite the type disadvantage, Carrington defeated both Golbat and Murkrow.

When Hypno came out, I decided to send in Oscar. He managed to take down Hypno with little issue.

Haunter and Gloom had even less issues to take out.

Navigating through the spinning panels, I went upstairs to take out more Grunts, one of which apparently a robot.

Carrington made short work of the robot’s Pokemon.

Then it was time for Christine to shine. She took down one of the Grunt’s party without a single scratch on her.

After heading back to the previous steps, I targeted some more Grunts.

Christine again had little trouble against this Grunt’s party, despite a Machoke landing a Revenge on her. All it did was 11 points of damage.

If one of your grunts didn’t attack me then maybe none of this would’ve happened.

Anyway, Christine continue to take down Grunts.

And I decided to give the Black Glasses to Christine, to power up her Bite.

Finally, I reached the bottom of the floor.

He did it. Tough mystery, right? He’s acting like It CoUlD bE aNyOnE!

Franklin ends up taking down both Koffing and Weezing with Confusion.

The cat, in the form of the Lift Key is out of the bag, now!

Wheeeeeeeeeee--

We arrived at the elevator, and I decided to tackle the Grunt on the first floor.

But first, I gave Beatrice a Hyper Potion and an Ether, because it seems like she might gearing up for battle soon.

Who are you, Tom the Cat?

Once I again, I opted for Herve because I like to persist through the odds.

Oh, and Herve got disabled at one point, but it didn’t last very long and he took out Grimer.

Again, Herve suffered a close call against a Koffing, where confusion continued to be a problem for Herve, because it wouldn't be a match for Herve unless he was confused. I swear I will replace Petal Dance with a better move.

This was a chore, mainly because I had to keep healing poor Herve. And then Koffing used an S-Move.

Sludge. Herve used Acid to take down the Koffing.

After that, we are greeted with a handwave. How else do you explain the door suddenly open like that?

Then I headed to the fourth floor, where the leader would be waiting.

But first, a dose of Calcium. It feels like Franklin needs it to build up her brittle bones.

I don’t even know who you are. All I know is that you’re a Grunt.

Herve takes down both Sandshrew and Sandslash with Petal Dance.

Then came Mawile. After waiting a turn of Petal Dance, I sent in Beatrice and used Dragon Rage to dispose of the Mawile.

If you were in my shoes in Rocket Edition, you’d understand.

Beatrice started off against Ekans, who poisoned her. I knew I had to heal Beatrice, but I needed to take the Ekans down first.

After healing her, Beatrice returned to action and took down Sableye, a Pokemon I am unable to pronounce properly.

Beatrice’s next challenge was Arbok. Again, I relied on Dragon Rage, which paid off.

The door finally opened, I quickly healed my party, and then I was free to challenge Giovanni.

You have no idea who you’re dealing with.

Likewise with the Gym Leaders, Giovanni has six Pokemon at his disposal. One of these days, I need a palette-cleansing Nuzlocke.

I sent in Carrington, having a feeling that she could do no wrong with most of his Pokemon. Sure enough, she took Rhyhorn out with Mega Drain.

Then came Mightyena, a Pokemon you’d expect with Team Aqua/Magma. I used Mach Punch, but due to Intimidate, the Mightyena survived and struck a damaging blow against Carrington. Fortunately, Giovanni is not a Gym Leader yet, so I don’t have to worry about him applying a healing item.

Next was Vibrava, and I sent in Franklin since she had a 4x advantage against Vibrava.

Unfortunately, she got hit by a Dragonbreath and then a Dig while I was taking care of Carrington and then Franklin’s paralysis. However, she landed a crit Ice Punch, which took him out.

With Kangaskhan in, I sent Carrington back out. She ended up suffering two serious blows due to being out sped by the Kangaskhan. Fortunately, she got hit by the Effect Spore, allowing Carrington to strike first from here on out.

It doesn’t quite mean that she was home free, as she took a big hit from Double-Edge. Due to Kangaskhan being weakened, Mach Punch was more than enough to bring the goliath down.

Then came his mascot Pokemon, Persian. Naturally, I thought it was a good time to heal, which gave the Persian ample time to hypnotise Carrington.

After wasting another turn to wake Carrington up, the Persian chipped more of her health away. I actually thought I’d lose my prized Breloom to Giovanni’s mascot.

That was not the case here, as Carrington applied a Mach Punch to bring down that darn cat.

And last was… Kingler? That’s a curve ball.

And Carrington survived on 1 HP?

With Kingler paralysed, it gave me time to heal Carrington. Then came the time to bring down the crab. Honestly, if I went the extra mile and made no healing items a rule, my run would’ve been over long ago.

Well you need to, especially in a Nuzlocke.

How dare you…

Oh, we will… we will.

But before we close off, there is one last surprise. After surviving all the close calls and proving to be one Pokemon that never knew when to die, I thought now was the time to reward Herve.

I gave him a Sun Stone and he evolved into a Bellossom. And he was also rewarded with a more powerful move to replace the hard-hitting yet confuse-inducing Petal Dance… Leaf Blade.

You might be wondering why I would give Herve a Sun Stone. Well, I’ve done most Nuzlockes with a Vileplume, and I wanted to give this evolution a fair chance for a change.

Next time, I will be facing Erika and then hopefully test out the brand new Silph Scope at Lavender Tower. I have the feeling Kennedy and his Magmar will be seeking revenge against Franklin and her party. I’m gonna have to grind like hell starting the next Chapter… better get some good grinding music out.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Carrington, Herve the Bellossom, Oscar, Beatrice, Christine

Members in Waiting: Margaret, Estelle, Sigmund, Milhous, Gerard, Sacagawea, Duncan the Remoraid, Honor the Meowth, Wynne the Hoppip, Bronson the Eevee, Lauren the Rattata

Death Count: 8 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy, Mae, Wilbur)
Talk about a wild ride. Chapter 10 will be coming Friday.

Last edited:

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
I ran the calc, assuming that Herve was 31 IV'd in defense / neutral nature, that Koffing high rolled that number (Koffing is considerably weaker than Geodude, basically hitting 80% as hard) . If that was a geodude he would probably not still be in one piece. With some bad IV or nature luck, even the Koffing could've been lethal.

Man, Carrington cutting it close. Otherwise excellent smackdown of Giovanni. Will be interesting to see Erika's team and especially what your Rival looks like now that I bet a lot of his team is evolved.

Gotta say I'm a little worried for the Grass gym especially though, just because I can't see exactly how it can cause any trouble. Unless Erika gets super freaky with like a Cradily, Ludicolo, I'm not sure exactly what tricks she can reasonably pull that'll cause you any issues.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
While I've been trying my best to bring you the next Chapter, Imgur's problems have returned, with internet issues, picture problems, and perhaps worst of all - the addition of waiting for an ad to finish completely before finally uploading the first picture. But when it's all said and done, Chapter 10 is now here.
I ran the calc, assuming that Herve was 31 IV'd in defense / neutral nature, that Koffing high rolled that number (Koffing is considerably weaker than Geodude, basically hitting 80% as hard) . If that was a geodude he would probably not still be in one piece. With some bad IV or nature luck, even the Koffing could've been lethal.
Yeah, Herve got lucky that time. If he went to a crit Selfdestruct, I would've been devastated over losing Herve.
Man, Carrington cutting it close. Otherwise excellent smackdown of Giovanni. Will be interesting to see Erika's team and especially what your Rival looks like now that I bet a lot of his team is evolved.

Gotta say I'm a little worried for the Grass gym especially though, just because I can't see exactly how it can cause any trouble. Unless Erika gets super freaky with like a Cradily, Ludicolo, I'm not sure exactly what tricks she can reasonably pull that'll cause you any issues.
Yeah. I may have three Pokemon that can handle most of the Grass types, but I'm sure Erika is no pushover in Omega. Like a weed, she'll be hard to take out.

And Giovanni was relatively easier than I thought he would've been, but he still gave my team a run for his money. I'm still baffled that he had a Kingler in his party, though.

Healing the heroic party, I decided to grind the party up to Level 35, against the florist Gym Leader Erika.

It happened. Christine has reached her final form. She has also learned Air Cutter and was taught Fly, making her even more of a weapon. Meanwhile, Franklin learned Ice Beam, which is an upgrade of Ice Punch.

It was at this point that I decided to form a second string squad; Pokemon that would be ready to jump at the call if a member in the main squad falls. Sometimes, it’s important to think of a contingency plan if things turn dire.

And here’s the four I’ve picked: Gerard the Horsea, Sacagawea the Natu, Milhous the Dunsparce (he’s getting closer…) and Bronson the Eevee.

After teaching Bronson Dig, I decided now was the time to get a second Fire type: Flareon. While a powerful attacker, the main downside is that he currently doesn’t have Fire move at his disposal.

Sacagawea meanwhile evolved into a Xatu and Gerard evolved into a Seadra. The gang is starting to come together now…

Here’s the rundown of the second string squad. Milhous’ only new move is Pursuit, so it’s at least something. Gerard has become a little more viable, but his attack moves only deal basic damage. Bronson, again, remains searching for his first Fire move, but he has plenty of moves to play with. And Sacagawea has learned some new moves in Wish and Magical Leaf.

Should a Pokemon from the main party fall, one of these four will step up in their place. Hope I don’t jinx myself with this…

And I decided to take care of the Saffron Roadblock. After getting the tea from the old woman, I gave the packets to the officers. After that, they let me through.

I went to the Psychic’s house and got Psychic. The perfect gun move…

And I went to the Mart to pick up Full Heals and Hyper Potions. I have the feeling we’ll be needing them sooner than later.

I’ll deal with the Fighting Dojo later.

And here’s how the party looks. I’ve benched Beatrice for Margaret, who to reiterate is only there to cut down the tree in front.

Forget the guy looking through the window, there are bigger priorities to deal with; the Celadon Gym Badge.

Oh, so no love for Joan of Arc, then?

Carrington hammered both Weepinbell and Sunflora with Headbutts.

Hey, don’t tell Carrington how to fight!

Carrington continued to make short work for the team. That said, it wasn’t all home free, as Cacnea mucked up her vision with Sand Attack.

Despite the sand in her eyes, Carrington continued to take Grass Pokemon down left and right.

And she learned Sky Uppercut. Twice the power of Mach Punch, though the accuracy isn’t quite perfect.

Apparently, the Beauty’s makeup was smudged with Mach Punch.

You’ve mistaken me for someone else.

Next, Christine took the field. She took to the sky and brought down Skiploom and Roselia.

The same happened to the Beauty’s Seedot and Weepinbell.

There’s nothing nice about you ladies. You kicked Ash Ketchum out over a trivial remark on perfume. If I was Erika, I would’ve booted everyone out who had disregarded the trainer’s challenge, no questions asked.

And I have just the Pokemon to put that ‘cool’ trainer in her place.

Franklin didn’t even get touched once by any of that trainer’s Pokemon.

Good thing I have Flying, Ice and Psychic Pokemon!

Next was Herve, and he took the Nuzleaf down despite the Torment.

Then came Sunflora, and apparently Torment doesn’t go away once you take out the perpetrator. I don’t even know if Game Freak had fixed that in later generations. But eventually, Herve took down the Sunflora.

Herve had one more battle against an Exeggutor. While he did take the palm tree down, it came at a cost; Herve falling asleep. While he won’t be my main Pokemon to rely on, it does annoy me that he is incapacitated.

Adjusting my team’s order, I was ready to face Erika and her team of Grass Pokemon.

Yeah, if you enjoy the heat waves.

I prefer this Erika. She’s aloof but knows the score.

Here we go.

Oscar took Victreebel down with Psychic. A fiery start.

But then came Ludicolo. Switching out to Christine, the Ludicolo went for a Rain Dance, which concerned me.

The Ludicolo got off a RD-powered Surf before it finally fell.

And then came Blissey. Switching to Carrington, she got paralysed. It feels like déjà vu.

Carrington applied a Mach Punch, which didn’t quite topple the Blissey. Erika immediately applied a Hyper Potion.

Carrington applied another Mach Punch, which triggered the Sitrus Berry.

For the third time, Carrington landed the Mach Punch despite being paralysed. Finally, the Blissey had fallen.

Next was Vileplume. No, Nuptup was not called in for a cameo.

Oscar came in and got slapped in the face with a Sludge Bomb, that poisoned him.

But one Psychic was all it took to take down Vileplume.

And then came Jumpluff. This isn’t Wynne’s revenge, is it?

Franklin was called up, and the Jumpluff used Sunny Day. For a while, the game appeared to be a cat and mouse situation.

Eventually, the sun ran out and Franklin used Ice Beam.

Next was Erika’s Bellossom. After healing our starter, the Bellossom clearly meant business, with her own Leech Seed. So I had to risk it with a Lovely Kiss.

Her seduction worked, and now the Bellossom was on the back foot. But Leech Seed was whittling down her health, so it was only a matter of time till one of them had to fall.

Just what will it take for death to finally call for Franklin?

Oh yeah, we got the Rainbowbadge.

And the TM Giga Drain. Which Pokemon should I teach it to… Carrington or Herve?

Well, I’ll have to worry about it later. Here’s the team after facing Erika and heading to the Pokemon Centre. All five of them had nearly everything thrown at them, and they could not be brought down.

I want to say that the five deserve a long-awaited rest… but the job’s not quite done. We need to target Lavender Tower next. And with Beatrice recalled, the team needs to grind to Level 38.

The only thing to note is that Beatrice learned Agility. I decided to replace Twister, thinking that I could still get a little bit of mileage out of Dragon Rage for the time being. Granted, it felt ill-advised considering what my team will be going through next, but it's just Lavender Tower. It's not like my team will be facing Ghost Pokemon the rest of the game.

And here’s the team now at Level 38. With Beatrice still in the hunt for her potential, the team looks solid, solid as a Brock.

Christine flew me to Lavender Town. Admittedly, it makes me upset that Wilbur never lived up to his purpose. But we have Christine now.

Now we’re entering Lavender Tower and coming for Kennedy, ready or not.

If there's something strange in the neighbourhood...

Admittedly, I didn’t mean to be morbid when I named the two people Joan and Kennedy. I was just thinking of a Clone High joke. That said, I made my bed, and I must persist for the sake of the fallen Pokemon.

Okay, now I want Kennedy to suffer for that line.

This time, Kennedy has brought a fifth Pokemon with him.

Meanwhile, I decided to start with Oscar, feeling that Kennedy had changed up his squad for the worse.

And like with Franklin, Oscar takes the Golbat down in one hit with Psychic.

Next was Sealeo, a Water/Ice Pokemon that was new to Kennedy’s lineup. I thought it would be a good idea to send Carrington in, since she was a Fighting type.

However, she ended up taking a big hit from Surf, which admittedly made me second guess if Carrington was the right choice.

I was wrong. With Carrington being the quicker of the two, she used Sky Uppercut to take down the Sealeo in one hit.

Then came out his star player, Magmar. With nothing to counterpart for Fire and half my party vulnerable to him, I sent in Beatrice, who took a Fire Punch from Magmar.

After taking a Brick Break, Beatrice used Thunder Wave to cripple the Magmar.

Magmar proved to be a tough nut to crack, to the point that I had to heal Beatrice up at least twice.

However, she was finally able to topple him.

Then came Flaaffy, concluding that Granbull has been cut from Kennedy's team. It initially started off as a Thunder Wave war, with both Pokemon paralysed. While Beatrice was battling Flaaffy, she managed to remove her status before defeating Flaaffy.

And last was Haunter. Franklin returned for old times’ sake, and was ironically given a taste of her own medicine with Hypnosis.

Using a Full Heal, Franklin took a Thunderbolt, before finally defeating the Haunter with Confusion.

If that’s his idea of him taking it easy on me, I dread to imagine what he has in store for the endgame.

And with Kennedy taken care of, I healed my party before starting the climb up the tower.

Night of the Living Pokemon?

Apparently, when you beat a Channeler, their soul is redeemed. I have no idea how that works, even in a Pokemon game.

But we interrupt this transmission to bring you a Pokemon encounter: Duskull.

The one move I’m concerned about was Curse. While it is an issue in battle, it’s also an issue in attempting to catch a Pokemon. Which was why I had to take care of weakening it as quickly as possible.

Another job well done.

Named after Abe Vigoda, an actor who had a noted legacy of being questioned whether he was dead or alive.

A few battles in with Channelers, and Beatrice was beginning to feel the pinch. I managed to heal her with a Hyper Potion before continuing on upstairs.

And I had to use an Ether to help Beatrice finish the battle at one point.

Following that, Carrington came in Beatrice’s place. Things were going smoothly...

...at least up until Channeler Ruth.

Carrington was on the verge of taking down the Misdreavus, when disaster struck yet again. I ran out of Mega Drains, so I gave her a Max Ether. Unfortunately, she then got confused from a Psybeam. Even worse, she ended up hitting herself.

And then it happened. Carrington fell to a Psybeam from a Misdreavus. Talk about rotten luck. Now Franklin is the sole member of not one, not two, not three, but four of the first teams. How on earth can death take away every member of Franklin’s team and leave her just to suffer?

I had to send in Crobat to finish her off. A victory unfairly robbed from Carrington’s hands.

I used an Escape Rope to leave the tower, in order to pay her respects.

Of all the ways to lose Carrington, why did it have to involve her hitting herself? Somehow it feels worse than a Geodude/Koffing exploding. Like I said, talk about rotten luck.

So I ended up making an executive decision in bringing in Bronson; he hit hard and had Bite, which would eat his way through all the Ghosts standing in his way.

Like so with Haunter.

But first, the healing zone. I wanted to use it earlier, but it would’ve brought Carrington back to life. I wish I could’ve done that, but you just can’t in a Nuzlocke. It feels painfully frustrating to lose a Pokemon just steps away from a healing area.

Bronson continued his warpath against ghosts, knocking the remaining ones down.

While it’s exciting for Bronson to potentially get a Fire move, Fire Spin is not something to hang your hat on.

They saved the best for last with the final three Channelers; a Gengar at Level 32 which had enough energy to fight back before falling to Bite, a Dusclops at Level 37 which unwittingly killed itself by attempting to lay a Curse on Bronson, and a Banette at Level 37 that was flinched before taken down.

I rewarded Bronson with a Rare Candy found in the Lavender Town, bringing him up to speed with the party.

Then came the time to go face to face with the Ghost.

With the Silph Scope, the Ghost was unveiled as the Marowak. If I didn’t pick the right Pokemon for this, then it would be one brutal battle for the ages.

And it was. For the Marowak.

The spirit calmed with the help of Carrington’s spirit, and the Marowak finally let go and moved to the afterlife.

Finally at the top, and the Rocket Grunts continue their quest in taking Pokemon.

Now I know that it looks like I’m showing you the same picture, but it isn’t. One, there’s a difference between the two Zubat's levels. Two, Bronson took some damage between the two of them.

Then came the thing that’s not like the others, Golbat. During the battle, Bronson got battered and confused, so I had to spend two turns healing him up.

Eventually, Bronson took the Golbat down.

I’ll have trouble remembering you. You don’t even tell me your names.

Oh boy. I am not looking forward to Koffing.

Fortunately, Bronson defused the situation by flinching the Koffing before knocking him out.

But next was Cacturne. Despite this, I don’t regret not teaching Bronson how to Fire Spin. The fact that it takes Level 36 for him to learn it is ridiculous.

Christine came in his place and had some trouble taking the Cacturne down because of two Sand Attacks. Eventually, she finds her vision and strikes the Cacturne with Fly.

Technically, trainers are using them, but for more than just money.

You know what? You’re right. I’m not going to be saving anyone.

But he will.

The Golbat proved to be a challenge for Bronson. After healing, it was a battle to see who could land the final fatal blow. Bronson managed to take down the Golbat with a crit Bite.

Is that threat for me or for Bronson?

I’m tearing up personally. It feels like I’m calming the spirit of Carrington the same time he is with Marowak. Sometimes, Omega is a harsh mistress. Set Mode doesn’t help with that.

Finally, we get the Poke Flute. That Snorlax won’t know what’s coming.

Oh wait, there is one more thing…

Vigoda has terrible HP alongside attack and speed, but defense – both physical and special – is where he shines. The fact that he has Levitate does help in his favour.

That said, it’s time to completely calm the spirit of Carrington.

Rest in Peace

Carrington the Breloom Cerulean City, Level 17 - Level 38 – She was the perfect team rival to Franklin. She was pivotal against Misty, Surge and Giovanni. She survived several challenges and obstacles, and it absolutely sucks that she was next to go. Even worse was that it wasn’t even a dignified death. And now she leaves a void that might not ever be filled. Carrington, we’ll never meet again…

...I'm so sorry...

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Herve, Oscar, Beatrice, Christine the Crobat, Bronson the Flareon

Second-String Squad Members: Milhous the Dunsparce, Gerard the Seadra, Sacagawea the Xatu

Members in Waiting: Margaret, Estelle, Sigmund, Duncan, Honor, Wynne, Lauren, Vigoda the Duskull

Death Count: 9 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy, Mae, Wilbur, Carrington the Breloom)
Join us next time as we take on Snorlax, and the trainers standing in our way to Fuchsia City.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Here is Chapter 11. Will there be any casualties that belie on our journey to Fuchsia City? Only time will tell.

Picking up from where we left off, it was time to head down to Fuchsia City. There are huge obstacles in the way… oh, and a Snorlax.

Christine would plough through a handful of Pokemon with her recently-gifted Fly. Omega certainly has buffed up that move; in previous gens, they would normally hit for about 75. Now it feels less like an HM tool and more like Surf, but with wings!

Franklin, meanwhile, weathered some tough competition against an Octillery and a Gyarados. Nonetheless, she pulled through.

Then was the quote unquote lovely couple, this time sporting a Nidoqueen and a Nidoking. They’d be very menacing…

...if they were on par with Herve and Oscar.

While they didn’t quite mesh as a team, Herve and Oscar prevailed without a single scratch.

Because if I did, then my Nuzlocke quest would’ve been over. You know the rules, and so do I…

I think I might’ve been responsible for a break-up. Oops.

But enough about that, it’s time to force Snorlax off the pathway, with our brand new key item… the flute. I wonder what song will be playing from that...

Oh, come on! That was a good song!

Level 40?! I think we’re in deep trouble…

Herve was called in, and the first ploy was to get rid of his Chesto Berry. Herve successfully lands a Sleep Powder, and then again. Unfortunately, Herve was hit hard with a Snore. And then Snorlax woke up.

Fortunately, despite a tough Body Slam, Herve was still standing.

So I had to heal him first, before sticking with the plan.

Naturally, this began to become a problem when Snorlax kept either waking up and/or landing Body Slam, which took more than half of Herve’s health.

Not to mention him resting every chance he got.

And again, Herve was given another scare with a Body Slam paralysing him. Well, it was bound to happen, I guess… Oh, and Snorlax rested up again.

But twice? Death really wants to claim another one from my team so soon, apparently.

I was actually close to knocking Snorlax out with Herve, bringing him into red health… when he suddenly decided to Rest yet again! Arceus!!!

However, my frustrations soon came to an end, when Herve finally took down the sleeping goliath. In fairness, while Snorlax would’ve been a nice catch and a key player, he would’ve usurped several Pokemon in waiting, especially Milhous.

I wonder how it manages to get there. Does it waddle on its feet, or does he jump high up to get there, like in Smash?

After the Snorlax scare, I decided to go for a quick grind. You never know how tough the competition is down there…

And there we are. Level 40. That should let them all be ready for what lies ahead.

Oh, and we got a Super Rod. Now we have the trinity of fishing rods!

Maybe if I wasn’t doing a Nuzlocke, I probably would’ve been crazy enough to do it if I had time on my hands.

Next was a Rocker, who is probably the first and only time you’ll ever see him in Fire Red.

Beatrice was sent out, because she knew Thunder Wave, which would certainly render Electrode down a peg. After that, Beatrice would take the inverted Voltorb ball down with Dragon Rage.

Oh, so you bumped the fisherman’s Magikarp up to a Gyarados? That makes him less of a joke.

Anyway, I healed her up before taking Gyarados down.

Beatrice would have her very own scare against a Poliwhirl of all things, being hit by an Ice Punch that froze her.

After healing her, Beatrice was surprisingly not hit by another Ice Punch, before taking down Poliwhirl.

Next was Seadra. I managed to take her down comfortably…

…until I got hit by a Poison Point. I’m gonna hate you for that, aren’t I, game?

Not wanting any of my Pokemon to fall from there, I flew back to the nearest town and healed my Pokemon. While it seems like I’m being overcompensating to my party, the game is only going to get harder from here.

After Beatrice took down a Pidgeotto, she got to Level 41. It was at this point I decided to recall Margaret to cut down some trees, because trainers and encounters are hiding behind them, and I wouldn’t want those easter eggs to fall by the wayside.

Cutting the first tree down, Bronson started off against Nidorino. While Bronson took down the Nidorino, he annoyingly got Poison Pointed.

At least he didn’t have to be poisoned again by a Nidoking.

Healing Bronson, I then found some iron for Herve. I find it a little funny that the bottle is half the size of the Bellossom.

Back on topic, Bronson continued to bring down several Pokemon, before being healed and then taking down the Girafarig as well.

Next was the beauty’s Clefable, and she proved to be a tough cookie. It whittled Christine’s health to less than half before I decided to send in Oscar.

It still proved to be a challenge even though I took her out.

Here’s a key word of advice. Make sure you visit Saffron City; they have Hyper Potions and Full Heals to combat nearly anything. Otherwise, your team would look worse for wear.

Next was Sheila and she had… a Milotic? Now what Roleplay have I seen her from recently? I swear it’s on the tip of my tongue!

Oh yeah, Christine took Milotic down.

After taking care of Valerie and her Poliwhirl and Politoed, I went down Route 13 for the first encounter of the day.

After going past an Oddish, I encountered a Seviper.

Not the best snake, but maybe she’ll come in handy.

She was named Hatshepsut, after the titular female pharaoh.

Considering what lies ahead, I decided for Franklin to clear the warpath ahead, where a Biker and several Birdkeepers had lie ahead. And she got all of them.

Well, most of them.

Franklin was actually pushed to her limits to a Swablu of all things, and then came a Pidgeotto.

Somehow, despite the Quick Attack, Franklin staved off another attack from the reaper. Once again, I would heal Franklin up. Could her days be numbered?

Damn, I forgot about the Picknicker. Even worse, she’s carrying a bird Pokemon at the start. How is Herve supposed to get around that?

So Oscar came in his place and would dispose of the party. I would’ve switched back to Herve, but I was too frustrated with the trainer to care at the time.

And we’re only halfway through to getting to Fuchsia. Is someone going to fall from here?

Considering my options, I decided to fly back to the nearest town and bench Herve, mainly due to the fact the following trainers won’t bode well for him. He won’t be gone for long, don’t worry.

And now we had to go through the deadly second half of the route to Fuchsia.

Oscar would start things off well against several Birdkeepers, while Beatrice took down a Farfetch’d and a Pelipper family.

With Margaret, I was able to take the upper route, where several trainers were waiting.

First was Becky. Not Becky Lynch, just Becky.

Beatrice would power down both Pikachu and Raichu with the help of her Thunder Wave.

With Beatrice running on empty with Dragon Rage among other moves, I gave her an Elixir to remedy that.

And then came Ron and Mya. The original Frank and Sly, if Frank wasn’t a Psychic trainer and if Sly was a Kick Chick.

My plan was to paralyse the Hitmonchan, and then the Hitmonlee. A move that wouldn’t work on the latter because of Limber. Look, I didn’t know Hitmonlee’s ability at the time, so sue me.

Beatrice almost fell against the Hitmonchan’s Fire Punch, with the Burn making her living on a prayer.

I used up Bronson’s turn to heal Beatrice, which allowed her to take down the Hitmonchan. I'm glad I took the Hitmonchan down because I was worried about Ice Punch.

While Beatrice would suffer a Rolling Kick, she would free herself from the Burn.

After this, Bronson and Beatrice managed to work together to bring down Hitmonlee. As long as you have the right game plan, you too can overcome Ron and Mya without any casualties.

Next was Picknicker who said trading Pokemon was all the rage. Yeah, in Nuzlocking terms, you thought wrong.

Oh, and she too carried a Clefable. This time Beatrice was able to bring the non-fairy down with Dragon Rage (keep in mind, this was before Fairy types were a thing).

But before we get to Fuchsia, it’s time to get the encounters.

On Route 14…

After tiptoeing past a Bellsprout and a Seviper, we get a Mightyena.

Nice to have a Dark type after a while, but definitely not one of the best ones out there.

I decided to name her Kitt. Not after Knightrider K.I.T.T., but after Eartha Kitt. Maybe it would’ve made more sense if she was a cat and not a Mightyena.

I was thinking of bypassing the Bikers, but sometimes I feel power-hungry, like so.

Psychic was key in bringing down all the poison Pokemon and Dunsparces. I don’t get why Omega thought it was a good idea to branch out the Biker’s Pokemon choices.

Next was the twins again. This time it was Kiri and Jan, and they were sporting Charmeleon and Quilava. However, due to the evasion tactic, Bronson and Christine defeat the duo without a single scratch.

It wasn't even close.

Meanwhile, on Route 15…

Eh, I’ll take it.

Of course, Ditto being Ditto, it decided to have some fun and have a mimic battle against Bronson.

Nothing serious happens, though, as Ditto joins the team.

The Ditto’s name? Terry, after Terry Jones, a former Monty Python member who was known for playing a variety of characters, especially female characters like Brian’s mother.

Finally, I made it to Fuchsia, and healed up the party and swapped out Margaret for Herve, making this part of the quest over… but not the battles, though.

A promising move set and a good ability does compensate over Hatshepsut's lack of evolution.

I'm no stranger to Mightyenas, but why was Kitt burdened with no attack moves?!

Meanwhile, Terry is a Ditto, in case you thought they knew another move. That said, Terry maybe could come in handy if push comes to shove.

First was Yazmin and her Ludicolo and Kecleon. Herve had to make up for lost time, and managed to bring both of them down with the help of Poisonpowder.

After healing up, I came across another Birdkeeper sporting a Flying Pokemon. I swear, it’s Herve’s bane of existence, much like Christine’s Hikers.

Nonetheless, Franklin was called in and brought down Altaria.

Next was yet another Birdkeeper, and this time I decided to send Bronson in, thinking he could take both of them down comfortably.

Bronson had no problems against a Swablu, but when Dodrio came out…

They landed a crit Tri Attack. I feel gutted.

Reluctantly, I sent in Christine, who gave Dodrio what they deserved.

It was at this point I just wanted to call it a day, but there were still trainers in the pathway. So I had to finish the job before closing.

Fortunately, Herve was not up against a Bird first, and was able to bring down Seadra. Things seem to finally be going Herve's wa--

Really? Three Poison Points? This game hates me today.

Then came Gloom, and not wanting the poison to take out a second teammate, Christine was called in and brought down Gloom.

Look, I lost a member of the team, I need any jokes I can get to lift my mood.

Healing Herve, once again he would’ve had problems against a Roselia (the road to Fuchsia must hate you having Grass types), so Christine was again called in, taking down Roselia and Ivysaur.

Next was another Beauty with a Kirlia. Finally, we don’t have to deal with a Pokemon obstructing Herve for once! After bringing down Kirlia, Herve’s next move was bringing down Wigglytuff. After poisoning said tuff, Herve then fell asleep.

After waking Herve up, he got close to taking out tuff with a Leaf Blade, only to fall in love with his opponent.

However, to quote a famous seventies song, Love Hurts.

Next were the Bikers. This time, Franklin started and… I’m still wondering why Omega thought it was a good idea to add variety to the Bikers. I mean, yeah it keeps you on your toes, but what if you started off with a Psychic type and the Biker sent out a Dark type?

I need to shut my mouth, don’t I? Anyway, Franklin took care of those Pokemon.

But after taking down another Biker’s lead Pokemon in Seviper, next came a Zangoose. They are notorious Pokemon to deal with.

So after looking at the team’s defense values, I brought Herve in the fold, which felt like I went back in time.

My plan was to make the Zangoose fall asleep. Sadly, it was several steps ahead with Taunt, so it left me with a rock and a hard place situation.

Fortunately, Herve brought down the Zangoose with a crit Leaf Blade. Good.

With the trainers down, I headed into the Pokemon Centre again.

I’m still gutted I lost Bronson already. He appeared to be filling in Carrington’s place very well, with his only downsides being his defense and the fact he doesn’t have a Fire move in his arsenal. And then a Dodrio came and mucked that up. Sometimes, I just can’t keep a Fire Pokemon to save my life.

And on that note, I think it might be best to play a song that would fit our current situation.

Rest in Peace

Bronson the Flareon – Level 30 – Level 41 – I still can’t believe I lost a Flareon this early in this Nuzlocke. I’m honestly gutted, especially with how he went out to a crit Tri Attack. I feel ashamed already.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Herve, Oscar, Beatrice, Christine

Second-String Squad Members: Milhous, Gerard, Sacagawea

Members in Waiting: Margaret, Estelle, Sigmund, Duncan, Honor, Wynne, Lauren, Vigoda, Hatshepsut the Seviper, Kitt the Mightyena, Terry the Ditto

Death Count: 10 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy, Mae, Wilbur, Carrington, Bronson the Flareon)
Next Chapter, we'll be having some time in the Safari Zone, the Fighting Dojo and the Bicycle Road. Maybe we'll be a bit more lucky next time.

Last edited:

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
noooooo I missed an update and of course poor Carrington bids the world adieu.

Dodrio hits like a truck, seriously it hits as hard as Mewtwo does physically. Bronson was also not the bulkiest guy. Crits happen :/

Snek could actually fit well onto the team, Seviper is no joke offensively, though it is admittedly a little frail and slow.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
And here comes Chapter 12. With recent deaths in the party, can the team re-group and stand tall?
noooooo I missed an update and of course poor Carrington bids the world adieu.
I know. This is admittedly more my fault than the confusion to an extent. If I was smart enough to switch out, maybe Carrington would’ve held onto her spot. All I can blame here is myself, and it isn’t like Ash blaming himself despite the so-called Samurai being a total jerk to Ash throughout the episode and starting the conflict, I legitimately feel like I’m the only one to blame. Sometimes, I’m just a fool.
Dodrio hits like a truck, seriously it hits as hard as Mewtwo does physically. Bronson was also not the bulkiest guy. Crits happen :/
I still believe that Dodrio got unfairly lucky with the crit Tri Attack, but I could see why Flareon isn’t well known for Physical Defense. While I’m still gutted I lost Bronson so soon, maybe I would’ve been better off with a Jolteon…
Snek could actually fit well onto the team, Seviper is no joke offensively, though it is admittedly a little frail and slow.
That’s my main concern with Seviper. Can attack well yet may not take many hits. Maybe like with Milhous the Dunsparce, Hatshepsut could be one to consider.
To make myself feel better, I decided to catch some Pokemon in Fuchsia. While it includes the Safari Zone, I’m focusing on the pond first.

A Goldeen’s fine with me. They get to learn Waterfall without the need of that pesky HM near the end of every Gen since Gen II.

One Sleep Powder, and that’s that.

I named him McLaren, after New Zealand racing legend Bruce McLaren.

Yeah, it would’ve made more sense if his speed was great. Despite that, a decent option should a Pokemon that knows Surf fall.

And then, the Safari Zone. I’m going to be more lenient and give myself one chance per area. Happy hunting?

And away... we...

Huh. I don’t remember this place being rainy…

An Ekans? Okay.

And it only took one Safari Ball.

I decided to name him Latta, after Christopher Collins. While he is a comedian, it makes more sense considering that he was a voice actor who used the alias Chris Latta.

Wait, now it’s sandy? What’s going on with the weather today?!

And here’s my second encounter, a Vibrava. A good option to consider if Beatrice falls.

Having the feeling it would put up more of a fight, I decided to throw a rock at her, before throwing the Safari Balls. I didn’t think she’d succumb after one ball, though.

I named her after Elizabeth Taylor. Just because.

Then came Area 3. Finally, we're back to normality.

After getting past a Gloom, I bumped into a Pokemon that looked like a long tree.

Like with Elizabeth, one rock, one Safari Ball, done. I’m beginning to think Omega decided to be kinder to the player in the Safari Zone.

Anyway, I named him Bolger, after Ray Bolger, who was the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz.

Unfortunately a Chansey and a Pinsir showed up not long after. I kind of wanted one of them, but oh well.

Then came the last area. First, I found the Gold Teeth. What kind of person would lose their teeth out in the wilderness, especially if they’re golden? What if a Pokemon had a Pickup ability and stole the teeth for themselves?

Oh, and the encounter. It’s a Shuckle. Shuckle is as Shuckle does.