• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

[COMPLETED]NuzRooke - A SoulSilver Nuzlocke Challenge

D

DragonwolfRooke

This is my first ever Nuzlocke run, and I'm doing a comic of it. Starring Rooke, in SoulSilver.

RULES
1. Only catch the first encounter in a new route.
2. If a Pokemon faints, box it forever (it died.)
3. Nickname ALL OF THEM (not exactly a rule, since I always do that in my games...)
4. No catching legendaries.
5. In game trades are acceptable, same with trade evolutions.
6. In game gift Pokemon are acceptable too, along with Game Corner Pokemon.
7. If all Pokemon IN MY POSESSION faint, then it's game over. If I white out (all of the ones in my party faint), all those guys are dead, but I can still go back and train some of the other Pokemon I've caught, and fight with them instead. This rule doesn't count during the Elite Four. If I lose my whole team, that's it, nice try, I lose.
8. Duplicates of a Pokemon are fine. If I see a million Pidgeys, I can catch them all if I so desire.

NuzRooke is now complete. It took nearly two years to finish this comic, from January of 2012 to December of 2013. It was a wonderful experience making this comic and sharing it with all of you. :) Thank you, all of you!

Cover Page

Prologue
Page 1
Page 2

Chapter 1
Page 3
Page 4

Chapter 2
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 7.5 Guest Comic by Kat
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10

Chapter 3
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13

Chapter 4
Page 14
Q&A 1
Q&A 1: Rooke's Answers
Q&A 1: Kindle's Answers
Q&A 1: Scout's Answers
Q&A 1: Granite's and Smee's Answers
Q&A 1: Donovan's and Lacy's Answers
Q&A 1: Everyone's Answers
Q&A 1: Top Hat
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Extra: The Lost One
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22

Chapter 5
Page 23
Extra: Protector
Page 24
Bonus Page - by PatiLee - Sage Advice
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
A LEGIT PAGE FOR REALS
Page 28
Page 29
Page 30
Page 31
Page 32

Chapter 6
Page 33
Page 34
Q&A 2!
Q&A 2: Rooke's Answers
Scout's and Rookecat's Answers
Mystery and Miss's Answers
Kindle's and Sam's Answers
Donovan's and Lacy's Answers
Boss's and Joline's Answers
Kito's Answers
Kai's, Granite's, Ojo's Answers
Everyone's Answers
Everyone as Humans
Page 35
Page 36
Page 37

Chapter 7
Page 38
Page 39
Page 40
Page 41
Page 42
Page 43

Chapter 8
Page 44
Page 45 (video)
Extra: The Lonely
Extra: Scout's Grief
Page 46
Page 47
Page 48
Page 49 (video)
Page 50

Chapter 9
Extra : Christmas
Page 51
Page 52
Page 53
Page 54
Page 55
Page 56
Page 57
Page 58
Page 59
Page 60
Page 61
Page 62

Chapter 10
Page 63
Page 64
Page 65
Page 66
Page 67
Page 68
Page 69
Page 70
Page 71
Page 72
Page 73

Chapter 11
Page 74
Page 75
Page 76
Extra: Euphoria
Page 77
Page 78
Page 79
Page 80
Page 81

Chapter 12
Page 82
Page 83
Page 84
Page 85 (video)
Page 86
Page 87
Page 88

And that is the end of NuzRooke. Thank you so much for reading. :)

R

Red Spearow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent, looking good, interesting storyline and decent art. I shall watch.

D

DragonwolfRooke

Thanks! Hey, do you know how to, I dunno, mark a certain thread so you can get updates when the person adds a new post?

R

Red Spearow

I just post in another person's run, and there's a little thing to the right showing that I posted in that threat. I use that as my bookmark. I don't know how other people do it.

E

EmboarTrainer

This is interesting. Good luck with kindle.

D

DragonwolfRooke

Okay, thanks, Red Spearow. And thanks, Emboar Trainer.

T

Tkallab

Hmmm, I can hardly read the text, it's a bit small :c

D

DragonwolfRooke

Tkallab said:
Hmmm, I can hardly read the text, it's a bit small :c
Yeah, I noticed that too...it comes through here a bit weird. :( I'm working on fixing it right now.

R

Ritsubel

This looks nice so far :> Rooke reminds me of Where the Wild Things Are somehow. xD

I don't see much problem with the text, but I'm looking at the linked out versions? When you post the image in a forum post it will shrink it so it won't stretch people's screens and such. If it looks too small, just make it clickable or put a link out for people to read as well. :3 Also, as for checking back on topics, you can also track them, which should be towards the bottom of the page.

D

DragonwolfRooke

NyaChan said:
This looks nice so far :> Rooke reminds me of Where the Wild Things Are somehow. xD

I don't see much problem with the text, but I'm looking at the linked out versions? When you post the image in a forum post it will shrink it so it won't stretch people's screens and such. If it looks too small, just make it clickable or put a link out for people to read as well. :3 Also, as for checking back on topics, you can also track them, which should be towards the bottom of the page.
It's probably the hat. The coolest hat ever. :)

I fixed the problem with the text, that's why it's readable now. XD It was having blurry issues earlier...and thanks for the tip on tracking!

F

FallOutAtTheDisco

Rooke can only move forward and to the the side! It is chess rules. And Kindle should read a lot of books.

D

DragonwolfRooke

Venomeon said:
Rooke can only move forward and to the the side! It is chess rules. And Kindle should read a lot of books.
Nah, Kindle's more the rude, loner type. Not sure if reading's his thing. Although I bet he'd enjoy some Clive Cussler. Now I want to draw that. XD

J

J2kmn

You sir ... have yourself an interesting Nuzlocke. I like the premise and your art is expressive and easy to follow. I'll be tuning in every Friday for an update. Good luck!

V

Vernon

This is really interesting.
I hope this story will happen to me...
Ever...
:p

D

DragonwolfRooke

J2kmn said:
You sir ... have yourself an interesting Nuzlocke. I like the premise and your art is expressive and easy to follow. I'll be tuning in every Friday for an update. Good luck!
Thanks! :D

B

Blue Javelin

Jeez, Kindle! Could you be any MORE of a tsundere? ::P:

I have only two words to say about this comic so far besides that...

LOVE IIIIT~ :biggrin:

L

LordDrahzar

Very good so far. The art is very good and so far the storyline makes for an interesting setup of dialogue, likely many trainers will have tidbits of her situation to keep our attention in suspense. I do like the hat, I wasn't sure if it was a funky hairdo I'd never seen before or if it was a hat, but seeing it now as a hat it looks very cool and unique, easy to familiarize your trainer over others. Keep up the great work so far and hope to see this through to the end!

D

DragonwolfRooke

LordDrahzar said:
Very good so far. The art is very good and so far the storyline makes for an interesting setup of dialogue, likely many trainers will have tidbits of her situation to keep our attention in suspense. I do like the hat, I wasn't sure if it was a funky hairdo I'd never seen before or if it was a hat, but seeing it now as a hat it looks very cool and unique, easy to familiarize your trainer over others. Keep up the great work so far and hope to see this through to the end!
Thanks! I'm going to work on improving the art, as it goes along, since drawing people isn't my strong suit, but thanks. And yes, the hat is the bomb. Coolest hat ever.

T

The Hero Hartmut

What Venomeon said about Kindle reading books was a joke. Just sayin', since it seemed like you didn't quite catch it.

But, yeah, this certainly looks promising. The art is great, the characterisation seem pretty good so far, and, even though the whole 'being-transported-to-the-video-game's-world' plot isn't exactly an original one, it's rarely seen in Nuzlocke run depictions, so props for that.

Still, I wonder how Rooke will react when she discovers that Pokémon are capable of dying in battle, rather than the fainting that she'd be used to? After all, it's a SELF-IMPOSED challenge that she would likely have never heard of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)