• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Codenames Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

theCape

Johto League Champion
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.
https://czechgames.com/for-press/codenames/codenames-14.jpg

"Attention, citizens!" Mayor Cape stands at a podium in a beige suit, awkwardly trying to calm the annoyed crowd. "I know these circumstances are not ideal, but the lockdown will only last for a few days! I assure you, all of this will clear up soon! We are doing our best to find any evidence behind the rumors of any secret agents or spies in the area. As long as we all keep our heads, there is nothing to worry about. Remember our democratic principles! We all have a say in the future of our town so make sure to have your voices heard!"

Codenames Mafia! Where you have to contend with not only one mafia, but two! Luckily, they aren't so organized...

Section 1: How to play the game
1. At the start of the game, every player will receive a role PM telling them what their role is, and mafia members will be told who the other mafia members are.
2. The game will consist of alternating night and day phases, starting at Night One. Night phases last 24 hours, and day phases last 48 hours.
3. During the night, players can send night actions by responding to their role PM with their action. In addition to night actions listed in each role description, the mafia can collectively choose one player to kill every night*.
4. During the day, all living players can discuss in the thread to determine their next course of action. Anyone can post "Vote: PlayerName" to cast a vote to lynch that player. At the end of the day, if more than 50% of the living players are voting for the same player, that player will be lynched.
5. When voting for who to kill at night, the mafia member that actually performs the night kill is decided by the mafia. This is done by having the visitor of their choice include that they will be the visitor in their night action PM. If none do so, the last mafia member to vote will visit.
6. When a player dies, their role will be revealed in the thread.
7. The village wins when all mafia members are dead. The mafia wins when the number of mafia members is equal to half of the living players. All third parties have unique win conditions explained in their role description.

Section 2: What not to do
8. If you have a night action, and you don't post or send any actions for three consecutive phases, you will be inactive killed. If you don't have a night action, you'll be inactive killed after missing two consecutive day phases. Players killed by inactivity do not win, even if their win condition is met.
9. Don't do metagaming. That's when you use info like "Oh, that guy is using the PM system shortly after the night began! He must have some sort of night action!" Metagaming has many forms, so if you think something might be metagaming, check with the host first.
10. Play for your side. If your actions are obviously aiming to sabotage your team's chances of winning, that is bad. If you think something might count as playing against your side, ask the host if it is.
11. Don't post in the thread at night.
12. Don't post anything that could influence the game after you're dead. This also applies if you aren't in the game at all.
13. Don't copy and paste or screencap anything sent to you by the host or other players as a form of evidence. This is to make your information not super easy to confirm.
Changes from standard rules:
1. Most mafia players will not be told who the other mafia members are. They will be able to look for other mafia members through their night actions.
3. Each mafia member will vote on who to kill. If the target of a faction's mafia kill would target one of their own members, the kill does not go through and the target is instead connected to the mafia member performing the kill.
4. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if less than 50% of the players voted for them. If there is a tie, whoever first reached that number of votes will be lynched.

Starting Split:
5 Vanilla Town
1 Town Doctor
2 Town Masons

3 Red Agents
1 Red Doctor

3 Blue Agents
1 Blue Doctor

Vanilla Town - You have no powers, outside of voting during the Day to lynch someone. You win when all Red and Blue Mafia members are dead.
Town Doctor - Each Night, choose 1 player. If that player is targeted by a kill during this Night phase, they will not die. You may not target the same player 2 Nights in a row.
Town Mason - You begin the game connected with the other Town Mason.
Red/Blue Agent - Each Night, you may do 2 things. First, you can privately vote on who your mafia should kill. This kill cannot kill one of your own team members and will instead connect the target to the team member performing the kill. Second, you may submit a list of players in the game. At the end of the night, I will respond to the list with one of the following:
- All players in this list are members of your mafia. If you receive this response, I will connect you to the player(s) in the list and confirm you are both/all on the same side.
- At least one player in this list are members of your mafia.
- No players in this list are members of your mafia.
You win when your Mafia outnumber the other players or nothing can prevent this.
Red/Blue Doctor - Each Night, choose 1 player. If that player is targeted by a kill during this Night phase, they will not die. You may not target the same player 2 Nights in a row. You can privately vote on who your mafia should kill. This kill cannot kill one of your own team members and will instead connect the target to the team member performing the kill. You start the game in communication with one other member of the mafia.

You are Vanilla Town!

You win when all members of both the Red Mafia and Blue Mafia are eliminated.
You are the Town Doctor! Each Night, choose 1 player. If that player was targeted with a factional mafia kill, that player will not die. You may not select the same target two Nights in a row.

You are a Town Mason! Your Mason buddy is _________. Though neither of you have Night actions, you are certain that your Mason buddy is also Town.

You are a Red Agent! Each night, vote to kill 1 player. The player with the most votes will be killed and removed from the game. If there is a tie, I will randomly select which of the tied players is the target. If the targeted player is a member of the Red Mafia, they will instead have their identity confirmed to the player carrying out the kill.

Each Night, you may also submit a list of players to me. At the end of the Night, I will confirm if All are in the Red Mafia, At Least One is in the Red Mafia, or if None are in the Red Mafia. If All people in the list are in the Red Mafia I will connect you to them and confirm that you are on the same side.

You win when all members of both the Town and Blue Mafia are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.
You are a Red Agent! Each night, vote to kill 1 player. The player with the most votes will be killed and removed from the game. If there is a tie, I will randomly select which of the tied players is the target. If the targeted player is a member of the Red Mafia, they will instead have their identity confirmed to the player carrying out the kill.

Each Night, you may also submit a list of players to me. At the end of the Night, I will confirm if All are in the Red Mafia, At Least One is in the Red Mafia, or if None are in the Red Mafia. If All people in the list are in the Red Mafia I will connect you to them and confirm that you are on the same side.

You begin the game connected to the Red Doctor, _________.

You win when all members of both the Town and Blue Mafia are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.
You are the Red Doctor! Each night, vote to kill 1 player. The player with the most votes will be killed and removed from the game. If there is a tie, I will randomly select which of the tied players is the target. If the targeted player is a member of the Red Mafia, they will instead have their identity confirmed to the player carrying out the kill.

Each Night, you may also choose 1 player. If that player was targeted with a factional mafia kill, that player will not die. You may not select the same target two Nights in a row. If All people in the list are in the Red Mafia I will connect you to them and confirm that you are on the same side.

You begin the game connected to a Red Agent, _________.

You are a Blue Agent! Each night, vote to kill 1 player. The player with the most votes will be killed and removed from the game. If there is a tie, I will randomly select which of the tied players is the target. If the targeted player is a member of the Blue Mafia, they will instead have their identity confirmed to the player carrying out the kill.

Each Night, you may also submit a list of players to me. At the end of the Night, I will confirm if All are in the Red Mafia, At Least One is in the Red Mafia, or if None are in the Red Mafia. If All people in the list are in the Blue Mafia I will connect you to them and confirm that you are on the same side.

You win when all members of both the Town and Red Mafia are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.
You are a Blue Agent! Each night, vote to kill 1 player. The player with the most votes will be killed and removed from the game. If there is a tie, I will randomly select which of the tied players is the target. If the targeted player is a member of the Blue Mafia, they will instead have their identity confirmed to the player carrying out the kill.

Each Night, you may also submit a list of players to me. At the end of the Night, I will confirm if All are in the Blue Mafia, At Least One is in the Blue Mafia, or if None are in the Blue Mafia. If All people in the list are in the Blue Mafia I will connect you to them and confirm that you are on the same side.

You begin the game connected to the Blue Doctor, _________.

You win when all members of both the Town and Red Mafia are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.
You are the Blue Doctor! Each night, vote to kill 1 player. The player with the most votes will be killed and removed from the game. If there is a tie, I will randomly select which of the tied players is the target. If the targeted player is a member of the Blue Mafia, they will instead have their identity confirmed to the player carrying out the kill.

Each Night, you may also choose 1 player. If that player was targeted with a factional mafia kill, that player will not die. You may not select the same target two Nights in a row.

You begin the game connected to a Blue Agent, _________.

Depending on the number of players, I will add some power roles to the game. Once we reach enough players for adding a role, I'll post to confirm it and add the info here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Player List
  1. Under9000
  2. Rueblie
  3. Anemone
  4. Cirr
  5. greenchu
  6. ima
  7. apocalypsewriter
  8. Akane
  9. 0 Anonymous
  10. EeveeFTW
  11. MrETheComic
  12. Tailsimp
  13. Doesnt
  14. Cyanide Crystal
  15. Sparklepop
  16. SweatingCalendar

Last edited:

Under9000

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 15, 2022
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
  1. Steel
100% turbo in

assuming the bonus PRs would be the double agent and the assassin - if so, is it OK to ask how they would work?

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.

Anemone

i am y̸̳͂ǔ̷̥ŗ̴͗i̴̳̓k̸̤̈́ò̴̤
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
call me mon

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
ah yes my favourite nuzvivor challenge

the op left me very confused but

in

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
just like in homestuck

in

OP
theCape

theCape

Johto League Champion
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.
100% turbo in

assuming the bonus PRs would be the double agent and the assassin - if so, is it OK to ask how they would work?
Power Roles would include protective roles (Doctors) and a way for Town to be slightly connected (Masons).

Assassin is a possible 3rd party role if we get a lot of players. I'd explain how it works if we have a large party, but there's already 2 kills going around so a third would be a lot.

Double Agent... I hadn't actually thought of? Maybe if we get a weird number of players I can include that but it really wasn't on my radar.

ah yes my favourite nuzvivor challenge

the op left me very confused but

in
Anything in particular I can answer?

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
Actually don't think I'll be able to play in this one, too much else going on rn. Sorry! (out)

Akane

Weird
Screenshotter
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
  3. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
Utah. 2.

(In)

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Sounds like chaos. In!

OP
theCape

theCape

Johto League Champion
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
We've got enough players to start adding in powers! At 13, we've got a Town Doctor to help slow down the death! Just make sure you don't stop the mafias from killing each other.

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
I've got to drop this game, sorry!

OP
theCape

theCape

Johto League Champion
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Putting this in 24 23 hour mode! That'll give me an hour to get everything together and start the game about 24 hours from now.

Users who are viewing this thread