yee to the haw
“Children of Man
Chosen Heroes, Fallen from the Clouds
Seek out all Pokémon, and thou shalt find me once more…”
Welcome to Cloudfall, a DuoLocke Comic based on a Nuzlocke playthrough of Pokemon Legends: Arceus!
This is a collaborated project between myself and my art partner, Michimomo!
We've had this story in development for a while, and we're very proud of what we've created! We hope you'll all enjoy this story as much as we enjoy telling it!
Our story follows two teenagers, Kentaro and Kiana, who are struggling to accept each other after becoming step-siblings due to their parents remarrying. By strange and unexpected circumstances, they have been sent back in time by a being called Arceus with a single vague request: Seek Out All Pokémon.
No longer in Sinnoh and now in the ancient region of Hisui, Kentaro and Kiana must work together to learn how to accept one another and help the region and its people with the assistance of the Galaxy Expedition Team. To avoid an all out war between the Diamond and Pearl Clans of the region and protect people from the dangers of the wilds, the duo must work together through bonding with people and Pokémon alike.
Learning the value of community and protecting one another in the face of dangers, Kentaro and Kiana will have to come together on common ground while making some friendships and memories along the way.
1. If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be sent to the pasture permanently.
2. Catching many Pokémon is mandatory by gameplay, but the players can only keep two caught Pokémon from the pasture per area.
2.a. No Dupes Clause: Cannot keep two of the same Pokémon on a team at one time.
2.b. Notebook Clause: The maximum of Pokémon used and kept on the Team at a time is the maximum of six in your party. You cannot switch out partners for new ones and new partners are only allowed if a current party member has died to free up the space. (NOTE: A freed space allows the player to use another Pokémon in the pasture per area, but no more than two if two spaces are open.)
2.c. Alpha Pokémon Rule: Alpha Pokémon are allowed, but the player can only have one Alpha in the party at a time.
3. All teammates caught must be nicknamed for the sake of forming stronger bonds.
4. Reviving Items are not allowed and must be sold if acquired.
This story is made for an older audience, as it contains the following:
- Strong Language and Swearing
- Character Death (Both Human and Animal)
- Unhealthy Familial Relationships
- Accurate Depictions of Trauma and Mental Illness
- Questioning of Identity and Dysphoria
- Young Characters and Animals in Peril
If these things make you uncomfortable or unsettle you, it’s strongly recommended that you do not read for the sake of your own health! Thank you for understanding.
Co-writer, Panel Composition/Sketch, Lineart