• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Hoenn General Close Calls - A Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Nuzlocke Comic for Pokemon Emerald

MrElectrik

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Ghost

Close Calls - A Pokemon Nuzlocke Challenge

Welcome! This is my first comic and nuzlocke challenge I'm tackling. As Emerald was the first Pokemon game I was exposed to, I wanted to see if I could beat it with the risks of nuzlockes. The general rules of this run are as follow:
  1. Once a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and will be moved to the PC for good.
  2. Only one Pokemon can be caught per route, town, or cave/forest. Shiny Pokemon are the exception.
  3. Each caught Pokemon will be given a nickname to grow attached to even further.
I don't have a concrete schedule in mind, but I plan to post pages weekly, or more often depending on how busy my life is. Thanks for reading!
Pages:

Last edited:

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Kanto League Champion
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Oh it's lovely to see a new Hoenn Comic again (These get rare nowadays..!) I'm curious where your story will take us, it looks nice so far!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Aaaaaah, this style is refreshing. It’s got a lot of character to it, in a Sunday morning paper kind of way. I don’t think I’ve seen a comic that has quite this... mood? In a while. Straightforward and comedic, but not dry and cynical. I appreciate it.

I’ll be following. Good luck and happy Nuzlocking!

MrElectrik

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Ghost
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@A-K-TheLittleFairy Then its great I'm running with one of my favorite regions. Thanks so much!
@Bug Thanks for the encouragement! I hope I get enough fun (and sad >_<) moments in my Nuzlocke to share with everyone.

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Simple and straightforward, this takes me right back to early nuzlocke reading days. I can already see the seeds of a powerful duo growing between our hero and his torchic in that one panel where they just lock eyes for the first time. The style of color coded characters keeps everything clear yet probably simple to color, pretty clever choice! Good luck entering the wonderful world of comic making, may all your updates be on time!

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
torchic's face is my mood

also this run seems pretty cool! good luck on the locke!

MrElectrik

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Ghost
@Kadew I'm glad I could give some nostalgia! The simple style works for me, also since I'm still learning the ropes of digital drawing :)
@Cirr Thanks! We've all been Torchic's mood..

MrElectrik

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Ghost
I bring Chapter 2! While I don't have an exact schedule, I'll try to post whenever I can finish pages. Thanks for everyone's encouragement :D

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Misread Guac's first statement and ended up at a very surprising conclusion. So here, have some fanart.

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
the upside-down lotad is sad and adorable, what a simple yet charming introduction to guac. a good lad without two wits to rub together

MrElectrik

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Ghost
Life's very crazy, so some responses and I'll have the next page soon.

@0 Anonymous Wow I can't believe how closely the A and C make an N with that font...prob shouldve seen it coming >-<. But here's a little inspired comic just to celebrate Guac's secrets
@Kadew He's an adorable little lotad, simple but so lovable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)