• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Cinders in the Wind - a heartgold adventure

Thread Description
As the Kanto Regime reigns on, forces will rise and cinders fly in the wind.

dioptasy

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 16, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Tending to the mists, this critter often blinks in and out without a sound. Occasionally, it leaves behind a frozen flower in the glen.
As the Kanto Regime reigns on, forces will rise and cinders fly in the wind.
.:: RULES ::.
  • Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead, and therefore permaboxed in Nirvana.
  • First encounter, first catch. Dupes Clause - If first pokemon encountered is one caught before, you have 2 more chances to get something different.
  • Use the same amount of pokemon as the opponent during a Gym/rival battle.
  • No healing items except natural ones like berries or pokemon centers (none during gym battles).
  • Shiny clause - SEE SHINY CATCH SHINY.
  • If a pokemon is poisoned (1hp) then it's dead. Also if it's a near death experience (1-5hp) count that in as story purpose

+ ARC ONE +

+ CHARACTERS +

Hi everyone! I've been planning on making a nuzlocke comic for years now but never really started til now. I'm shooting to update bi-monthly on the 1st and 3rd saturday of every month so let's see how it goes haha. Grad school and life may impede the schedule so keep that in mind~​
Without further ado, ENJOY!​

A

'Absolutely Certain'

LOOK OUT FELLAS, Gangster Joey's here to reclaim his omelette,

i'm enamored with the atmosphere of this comic, and it already has a pretty interesting opening! i'm Very Ready for the rest of this. best of luck!! <3

S

SysterSyn

Oh my
What a beautiful artstyle you have!!
Certainly top percentage

Definitely one to be keeping an eye on ;)
Good luck!

R

Robo

Oh my god this comic has such a beautiful aesthetic?? I haven't seen a run with a setting that looks like before, I'm very interested to learn more about it! And your artstyle is just amazing to boot!

I can't wait to see where this run goes~!

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
The art is just stunning, and your style is so appealing. Can't wait to follow this one! Two updates a week sounds promising, but take your time.

dioptasy

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 16, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Tending to the mists, this critter often blinks in and out without a sound. Occasionally, it leaves behind a frozen flower in the glen.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahhh thanks so much for your interest everyone!~

replies:
@'Absolutely Certain': omg lemme tell you gamster joey's probably gonna grow up to be mafia king + that's still my fav idea that'll never come true in this comic xD and thanks so much~ 
@SysterSyn: only the best of rattatas for my boi joe >v< thank you!~
@Robo: I'm so glad you love the aesthetic!! I'm a huge fan of historical AUs so there'll def be a lot of that later on haha
@RubyClaw: aaah you're too sweet, thanks!! it's actually two updates a month not per week! as in every other saturday, sorry if that wasn't clear D;

L

LunaKat

Hello new run with gorgeous art and intriguing concept. Come to mama.

Clockenstein

invisible hero
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
~/forums/nuzf/users/c/clockenstein/data/public/
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Fatal kernel error: 'DEX_BASIC' not found.
wait wait whats this, good banner good cover art what is this aaaaaahh

im glad i noticed this at the start because wooooooow no but really look at it. it's too early to be making assumptions though even though i already have so many thoughts about this, so i guess i'll just say i'm following it. hard.

dioptasy

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 16, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
(Or check the Full Episode on Deviantart for extra commentary!)

Replies:
@LunaKat: aaaaa I'm glad you like it so far!!​
@Clockenstein: omg no I'm so glad! feel free to write whatever assumptions you have! i really love knowing what my readers think and pick up from the story!!​

R

Robo

Awww Silver made a friend! :D
Toby is pretty cute, and I love your interpretation of leer! It looks pretty intimidating and I can see how it would lower defense.
Can't wait until the next part!!

L

LunaKat

So cuuute. Oh my god, oh my god.

That Leer is also awesome, btw.

vent

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
this is a v cute art style so far, I like it! I'm especially interested that you're seemingly starting with silver here and with your own take on the whole mystery egg/stolen starter dealio. I also really love the effects you add to some of the attacks? it's very in-game like in a way except fitted to your style and with more of a punch.

dioptasy

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 16, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Replies:
@Robo: Silver is definitely in need of a good pure soul haha. Thank you! I've been playing around with how to modify the moves to my art style so I'm glad it's effective lol
@LunaKat: One big collective awwww for Toby!
@Vent: Oh man, thanks! I really wanted to diverge away from the game's beginning and try to give Silver more of a role than just 'rival' because well... plot lol (and i also wanted to play around with the fact that Silver IS the in-game age of 10-ish so we'll see how that plays out later on.

btw here's a lil treat for y'all as thanks! some sketches from when i was trying to figure out how to draw these critters in my style. if ppl like these enough i could make a tumblr blog to post side sketches and info

S

Spectacles

"I really shouldn't follow anymore runs, but I'll check this out for the heck of it"

*sees first panel*

"Ohshit"

This is awesome. And I love the different characterizations of Silver and the main character, coupled with the visual representation of the Pokemon's move being more like the animations in the games. I'll be following for sure!!

dioptasy

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 16, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 1: Curious Things Pg 1
Finally we meet our main character!

(sorry for the late update, I was celebrating Lunar New Year, to all those who celebrate it too Happy New Year!!)​

Replies:
@Spectacles: haha omg thanks so much!! Nostalgia for the older game sprites (esp since Silver was my first pokemon game) was a really huge factor in the way I chose to draw their moves xD

dioptasy

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 16, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 1: Curious Things Pg 2
So much talking ;v; but necessary at this point I'm afraid

Hope everyone's doing well! We had another bomb cyclone in the northeast so that was scary, be safe everyone!​

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Oooh I absolutely love your art style and your ability of drawing wonderful backgrounds!

M

Minty Electronica

Good gracious, I love this art style. The period clothes especially. :D Ngl, I'm a sucker for those turn-of-the-century-through-the-20s looks, and Nell's outfit is on point for that. Idk, in a setting as colorful as this one, I almost feel like I'm watching the beginning of a Ghibli adventure, where there's going to be magic and weirdness. You know ... as opposed to the misery and starvation that's normally associated with period pieces set in the first half of the 20th century. :')

But! Art aside, I'm intrigued by your run so far, especially with how you handle Silver. I've seen him characterized as a cold-hearted jerkass so many times that it's nice to see him actually sympathetic in a way, what with how much he clearly cares about that totodile and all. And given how he baaaasically looks like a petulant child in the profile you offer up in the OP, it's going to be hilarious to see him cross paths with Nell. :D

Def gonna keep an eye out for this one! 8D

C

Cas

aaahh this art style is so charming! I really love how much effort you put into the Pokemon's designs, especially with Totodile and Pidgeot (with the scales and the feathers, they look so real it's amazing). Echoing Val, I really love the period clothing. Joey's hat is so floppy and squishy and Nell's?? whole aesthetic is love?? gosh I love her. She seems like a level-headed girl so far, but I wonder if that mention of her father will play up somehow.

Also, I'm glad you're giving Elm some screentime. I like how he's getting so heated over Kanto's lack of taking his claim seriously. Poor Silver though! It almost seems as if he deserves Totodile. He's so sad-looking I just want to hold him and give him smooches. Makes the fact that Giovanni abandoned him all the more sad.

I'm in love already! keep it up!

R

Roccenere

I am absolutely, 100% ready to follow this. This is so beautiful, your art is gorgeous and there's so much character in your style (:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)