• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Kalos Teen Chaos in Kalos: A Double-X Nuzlocke Comic

Thread Description
A silly slapstick journey featuring two protagonists who couldn't be more different, brought together by mutual connections to the mysterious cyborg 'Essentia' | updated 1/11/21

TheNuzlockeDuo

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 5, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Hey guys! If poor sketch art, potty humor and physical humor aren't your thing, this comic includes all of those things.

I've always felt like Pokemon was a franchise that lended itself to be perfect for silly and outlandish comedy, so I decided to take it upon myself to do that.

I gave it a "TEEN" tag for some foul language and comic violence, but this comic would probably be better off with an "IMMATURE" tag
:laugh:

Dylan is an immature Nuzlocke veteran haunted by the tragic results of his last journey, who also happens to consider himself the world's unluckiest human being as unfortunate and violent accidents almost always happen to him. Garnet is a socialite raised among the privileged who has followed the crowd her whole life, but has hit a point in her life where she wants to expand her horizons and do something a little different. These two aren't a pairing that would occur very naturally. They both went to school together at Lumiose University very briefly, but Dylan dropped out of college and became a lab rat for his best friend, gym leader and inventor Clemont. Garnet's boyfriend Siebold left to become a famous trainer and member of the Elite Four, causing her to recalibrate her expectations and dreams for her future. A twist of fate ties these two completely different people's paths together again, but the shadow of a mysterious figure named Essentia hangs over them like a cloud of darkness lurking at every corner...​

The format of the comic changed partway through Chapter 1--it will no longer be colored or digitally altered in any way. I'll just be scanning the pages and adding the text to each panel.

Again, keep in mind that the humor and art is all very juvenile.

The first 5 pages go back and forth between my art and my partner (double-anon, who played as Garnet)'s, but after other priorities took over for her, I have taken over as the sole artist starting with chapter 1 page 6, so it's not the cleanest comic persay.

I hope if you like something ridiculously goofy, you'll check it out!

201. I Spy
202. Day Care Take-Care
203. Spy Magnet
204. Welcome to Poke-storic Park
205. Truth...
206. ...and Consequences
207. Geronimo!
208. It's So Much Work to Be My Friend

301. The Holy Emerald Knights
302. Dylass: The (Awkward) Reunion

Last edited:

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
2018??
this has been going on for a while!
with his power, the mc should do the battling instead lol

sociopathicotter

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
enjoys unnecessary anime references and stupid meta humor in webcomics
I hope if you like something ridiculously goofy, you'll check it out!
that was a brilliant pitch and it worked haha, this comic was awesome! some of the really small details were hilarious (like the "call of ditto" thing) and part of it was way more goofy than i realized (like idk to what extent having a chespin in that specific part of your body is healthy lmao). some parts of it were surprisingly serious too, and it worked! like serena being like "oh i liked you when you had less ambition, gotem" was absolutely fascinating. i'm not 100% sure what i read because half of it was like "wtf" and the other half was "wtf this is genius" but major props for making something this stupid, it takes commitment

TheNuzlockeDuo

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 5, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
that was a brilliant pitch and it worked haha, this comic was awesome! some of the really small details were hilarious (like the "call of ditto" thing) and part of it was way more goofy than i realized (like idk to what extent having a chespin in that specific part of your body is healthy lmao). some parts of it were surprisingly serious too, and it worked! like serena being like "oh i liked you when you had less ambition, gotem" was absolutely fascinating. i'm not 100% sure what i read because half of it was like "wtf" and the other half was "wtf this is genius" but major props for making something this stupid, it takes commitment
Thanks m8. Definitely shooting to have some more serious story elements mixed with the ridiculousness. The Serena/Garnet dynamic is one of my favorites to write, so I'm glad you took note of that. I'm really glad you were hooked based on the pitch/warning of how stupid this is. I'm excited to keep the story going and write more.

2018??
this has been going on for a while!
with his power, the mc should do the battling instead lol
Yesss, it's been going on for so long!
That last part actually might happen at some point.... 👀 Dylan's imperviousness to long-lasting damage will definitely come in handy throughout the story.

Thanks for the comments yall!

TheNuzlockeDuo

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 5, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Chapter 2 has officially begun with the start of a new year.

"New year, same shenanigans"

"I SPY"

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Sycamore is a hippie and Espurr is a shield now?

sociopathicotter

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
i loved the makeover scene haha, garnet is an absolute savage ("your mom needs a new set of eyes" is just a new level, jeez) and poor dylan just getting aesthetically destroyed right after is just the cherry on top. dylan's pretty great too though, "weaksauce" isn't a word i've heard since like leetspeak was cool but the byplay between our two protagonists here is hilarious. also "sword and shield... feels relevant" is so shoehorned-in, i love how forced it is and just the expressions in that panel are great haha.

TheNuzlockeDuo

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 5, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
i loved the makeover scene haha, garnet is an absolute savage ("your mom needs a new set of eyes" is just a new level, jeez) and poor dylan just getting aesthetically destroyed right after is just the cherry on top. dylan's pretty great too though, "weaksauce" isn't a word i've heard since like leetspeak was cool but the byplay between our two protagonists here is hilarious. also "sword and shield... feels relevant" is so shoehorned-in, i love how forced it is and just the expressions in that panel are great haha.
I appreciate that you appreciate the silly humor and the outdated dialogue. Dylan thinks he's a lot cooler than he actually is, and is far too dense to ever realize it, but that level of confidence is almost admirable. Garnet is so fun to write, I really love the dynamic she brings to the table and I'm excited for her story to go in new directions. Thanks for the continued reading, m8

New page is here: "DAY CARE TAKE-CARE"

I made a mistake - the Day Care in Kalos is definitely on Route 7. My brain was not working. Woops.

Dylan can blame the so-called "curse" for his uncanny survival abilities all he wants, but we all know he's USUALLY to blame for his own suffering xD He treats his Pokemon like bros, insulting and throwing jabs; he really does love them, don't mistake that.

Garnet is continuing to show her care for Pokemon, and contrast her original careless personality. She does need to take charge a lil bit more, as seen with Destan, her own starter who is slowly just NOW starting to listen to her commands... Seems that when she's not around her 'crowd' she can display new elements to her personality after all!

Hope people are enjoying the insanity. Tensions are really going to FLARE up soon, if you catch my drift.

Last edited:

sociopathicotter

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
I appreciate that you appreciate the silly humor and the outdated dialogue. Dylan thinks he's a lot cooler than he actually is, and is far too dense to ever realize it, but that level of confidence is almost admirable. Garnet is so fun to write, I really love the dynamic she brings to the table and I'm excited for her story to go in new directions. Thanks for the continued reading, m8
yeah absolutely! the fact that the humor is just so unapologetically stupid is great, but you've also got some genuine character moments in there too to balance it out. plus, seeing dylan put his foot in his mouth is always hilarious lmao

cool to see how the story's developing in this page too, we've got the usual dylan stupid joke-to-beatdown true combo, and of course the jokes in general all great (especially "jumppips" haha). "now's not really one the time for one of your so-called 'jokes'" was also brutal lmao. but i also liked seeing dylan being super wholesome with his team (especially with roku) and it's overall a good mix of stupid hilarity and character wholesomeness

Tensions are really going to FLARE up soon, if you catch my drift.
nice

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Holy crap, man
this trainer of yours is equally indestructible as he is hated by pokemons
why do they hate him so??

TheNuzlockeDuo

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 5, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
yeah absolutely! the fact that the humor is just so unapologetically stupid is great, but you've also got some genuine character moments in there too to balance it out. plus, seeing dylan put his foot in his mouth is always hilarious lmao

cool to see how the story's developing in this page too, we've got the usual dylan stupid joke-to-beatdown true combo, and of course the jokes in general all great (especially "jumppips" haha). "now's not really one the time for one of your so-called 'jokes'" was also brutal lmao. but i also liked seeing dylan being super wholesome with his team (especially with roku) and it's overall a good mix of stupid hilarity and character wholesomeness
i'm glad you are noticing the balance with the characters, especially lil nuances w/dylan because itd be super tiresome if he only showed one side to him. trying to build a bit more background and give you a sense of his sense of justice and genuine care for others to really understand this messy dude's motivations. thank you for the continued support, friend!!

Holy crap, man
this trainer of yours is equally indestructible as he is hated by pokemons
why do they hate him so??
outside of just loving physical slapstick comedy and wanting to draw him in perilous situations, he continuously mentions a curse as the reason behind his misfortunes and that will be explored quite soon. garnet is definitely super curious about the nature of his durability (& constantly being a target) but dylan just hasn't been willing to open up to her quite yet. we'll get there! thanks for the comment!!

in other news:

"SPY MAGNET"

featuring some shameless movie/book and anime references/ripoffs, however you wanna call it.

sociopathicotter

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
this page was extra weird but dylan's expressions "no bueno no b u e n o" at the end was unexpectedly hilarious lmao. loved the interactions between the crew at the end too, garnet is unexpectedly chill with dylan's shenanigans and she actually cares about him being bodied instead the usual "meh" we see. the sense of progression here between our characters' relationships is pretty cool, looking forward to seeing where it goes :)

TheNuzlockeDuo

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 5, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
this page was extra weird but dylan's expressions "no bueno no b u e n o" at the end was unexpectedly hilarious lmao. loved the interactions between the crew at the end too, garnet is unexpectedly chill with dylan's shenanigans and she actually cares about him being bodied instead the usual "meh" we see. the sense of progression here between our characters' relationships is pretty cool, looking forward to seeing where it goes :)
thank you. the barrel sequence was ripped straight from Gintama, as a nice little wink-wink-nudge-nudge kinda reference. it also served as helpful for me in separating the characters naturally--by dylan getting dragged away somewhere else and garnet being involved with a new mystery figure. the next few chapters will help answer a lot of questions, including why dylan thinks he's cursed, a little more revelation on FLARE, and more of garnet's past as well.

TheNuzlockeDuo

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 5, 2020
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Its been about a month but i FINALLY had some free time to complete this next page.

this was a test on action sequences and limiting dialogue explanations and letting actions speak for themselves. this was a challenging page for me, but good practice.

"WELCOME TO POKE-STORIC PARK"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)