• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Celebrity Death Thread

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
John Madden, legendary American football coach and commentator and namesake of the popular Madden series of football video games, passed away suddenly this morning at the age of 85.

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
Known for hosting science television series, having expanded cheekbones/chins in their later years, and pumping/dumping the cryptomarket via memes (yes, really), twins Igor and Grichka Bogdanoff died technically a year apart from each other, but both at the age of 72. Cryptocurrency shall never be the same again without those two.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bob Saget, Danny freaking Tanner himself, died today at the age of 65.

65 still feels too young for a great actor like him. RIP.

Eagleheart

Ambitious But Rubbish
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. Normal
RIP Sophie the magpie. Seeing her posts on Twitter always brightened my day. She will be missed by many

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
Australian cricket legend Shane Warne, widely considered one of the greatest bowlers in the history of the sport, passed away at the age of 52. His death came only hours after he paid tribute to fellow cricket legend Rod Marsh, who died on the same day.

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
The firing squad takes aim at me and shoots, but luckily I was able to perfectly dodge every bullet thanks to my mastery of the Cha-Cha Slide.
Gilbert Gottfried, comedian and actor, has passed away. He's probably most famous as the VA of Iago the Parrot from Disney's Aladdin or the Aflac duck, but I'll always remember him for this hilarious NSFW bit where he read smut in his...um...distinctive voice. (Mod note: I love Gilbert Gottfried too, but we do need to keep to our mature content policy!)

Last edited by a moderator:

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Dwayne Haskins, NFL quarterback, died a few days ago (the 9th) after being struck by a vehicle. He was just 24.

Even a few days after the fact it's still processing in my head that he's gone. No clue what to say, really.

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
The firing squad takes aim at me and shoots, but luckily I was able to perfectly dodge every bullet thanks to my mastery of the Cha-Cha Slide.
Earth, Wind, and Fire Saxophonist Andrew Wolfolk has died at age 71:

EW&F is one of my favorite bands of the era; I'm definitely thankful for his work.

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Billy Kametz, who was known for roles like Josuke in JoJo, Maruki in P5R, Raidou in the Nocturne remaster, Ferdinand in Fire Emblem, and a few voices in the Pokemon franchise, including Blue in Masters, and Ash's Rotom Phone and Ren in the anime, passed away on the 9th following a battle with colon cancer:

I'm not familiar with most of his work, but having played P5R with English voices, I did know his appearance as Maruki, and I really did enjoy his work there. From the response I've seen on Twitter, it seems like he was a generally decent guy, too. Really unfortunate.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Two Baltimore Ravens - one current, the other former - have passed. First was Jaylon Ferguson, a highly-touted pass-rusher who died at 26. Now Tony Siragusa, a former nose tackle who helped the 2000 Ravens have one of the best defenses ever and a current NFL field analyst, passes at 55.

I may not be a Ravens fan, but I'm still horribly sad at this. Both of them were way too young to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread