• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Celebrity Death Thread

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Post here when a particularly suprising or saddening death occurs, whether they be a celebrity or a figure in your own life.

For example, R.I.P. Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie Mouse and Martin Prince, among many other characters.

TerryTheTeryx

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. Rock
Everyone knows we have to acknowledge Cameron Boyce— Disney Channel actor on Jessie, Gamer's Guide, Descendants, along with a lot of other movies— although it's been a couple of weeks and I'm sure 90% of people already know.

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ground
Neil Peart, the legendary drummer and lyricist for the Canadian rock band Rush, died earlier this week at 67 of brain cancer. He will be missed, but his legacy will live on.

Azelf

Don't mind me...
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Psychic
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is too lazy too make any creative shit, and would sitting down like a sack of potatoes and play video games.
Not too long ago, Rick May, the voice of Soldier in Team Fortress 2 and Peppy in Star Fox 64, has passed away because of the COVID-19. As someone who's also part of the TF2 community, I'm truly saddened by the news. My condolences to his family and friends for losing a talented actor.

"You were good, son. Real good. Maybe even the best."

OP
The Man of Many Names

The Man of Many Names

Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Fred Willard, one of the funniest actors still working in Hollywood, passed away at the age of 86.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Over the weekend we lost Chadwick Boseman, which came as a complete surprise...

Today, we also lost one of the greatest pitchers of the modern era and the best in Mets history in Tom Seaver.

It is not a great week so far.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Late, but we also lost two members of the St. Louis Cardinals community. You may know Lou Brock as the Hall of Fame former leader in stolen bases (only losing his title to Rickey Henderson). He died at 81.

The latest loss is Charles Peterson. A former first round pick of Pittsburgh, he didn't make an impact in the majors, but he was an excellent area scout whom everyone loved. His last signing was Jordan Walker, our first round pick this year.

May they rest in peace and power.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
As if 2020 couldn't get any worse, Bob Gibson of the Cardinals just passed from pancreatic cancer. I'm so angry at this year. Beyond angry...and beyond sad. Fuck 2020.

TerryTheTeryx

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. Rock
Conchata Ferrell, an actress in several shows and probably known best for portraying Berta in Two and a Half Men, passed away a few days ago from cardiac arrest.

OP
The Man of Many Names

The Man of Many Names

Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
R.I.P. Sean Connery, debatably the greatest James Bond we've ever gotten.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Diego Maradona, often hailed as one of the greatest soccer players ever, he of the Hand of God and the Goal of the Century, has passed away of a heart attack at age 60.

2020 continues to be 2020.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
As if 2020 hasn't taken enough already, I just found out Kirby Morrow also died a few days ago. He lent his voice to characters in shows such as InuYasha, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, and more, but I personally knew him as one of the characters in Stargate Atlantis and SGU, as well as his voice role in .hack//Roots.

Also, still can't get over Alex Trebek being gone, even though I knew it was coming sooner rather than later. Jeopardy will never be the same again...

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
David Prowse, the man who physically played Darth Vader (James Earl Jones provided the voice, but Prowse was the towering 6'6" Vader.) has died at 85.

Can 2020 just fuck off now?

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
I know it was a few days ago, but Australian actor Hugh Keays-Byrne, known for playing Toecutter in Mad Max and Immortan Joe in Fury Road (both main villains) had passed away at 73. He sure knew how to play the bad guy in those movies, because he stole the show in the films. And he also seemed like a nice guy behind the scenes.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Neil Sheehan, a reporter and author who first broke the story of the Pentagon Papers and wrote a Pulitzer-winning book about America's involvement in Vietnam, passed away this morning from complications of Parkinson's. He was 84.

Users who are viewing this thread