• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has begun. Go shout from the rooftops about your favorite runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Apps Closed Roleplay Candlekeep OOC

What adventure do you want to play?

• Strixhaven

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Candlekeep

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Saltmarsh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
We don't have a discord, but if it helps to ping you there I can do that instead of/in addition to the thread.
yeah that does help, i do better with little alerts rather than having the self-discipline to check the forums lol
also how do you feel about a triton warlock with a genie

theCape

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm fine with it, but 0Anon I'd also playing a genie warlock. As long as the two of you don't mind, that's fine

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
genie gang
we could double up on the same patron for added hilarity if you want lol. Dude just sends all his goons out to solve these riddles

theCape

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.
Last edited:

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
oh sick. I ported over the mythweavers sheet for convenience, it looks like every option is there which is rad

fractale

MonoType Locker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. when angered, he shocks those around him
i like my character, using my cantrips to poison people with throwing stones are what i call funny and because of my healing nature, my other spells are here to help

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
how do i share content i have brain rot

theCape

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
how do i share content i have brain rot
If you made your character in D&D Beyond, click this link: https://ddb.ac/campaigns/join/25941373215901512 and then choose the character you wanna join the campaign with. If that's not what you were looking for, not sure what you meant.

I'm fairly busy today but if people's characters are done we can get the actual game going in the next couple days.

theCape

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
OK, so, I'm still working my way reading through the adventures but I've read enough that we can start in the next Day or two. We'll use this as the OOC thread for general discussion and I'll make a new thread for actually playing. I'll also make a Discord for dice rolls; KitKat, you can either do them on your own or let me know that I should roll them for you there. I'd much rather use this thread for discussion rather than the Discord, but I'll still use that to ping people if needed.

Some questions I have for each of you. There's no right or wrong answers, but I want you to flesh out your characters by answering them or at least thinking about them:

@0 Anonymous
  • You don't seem to have any spells, make sure you go to the character builder > Class > Spells > Add Spells
  • Your character doesn't have a name? Unless the name is 0 Anon's character?
  • What led you to strike a deal with the Genie for power? Did you make the deal on purpose, was it accidental, were you tricked into it?
  • Do you know the genie well? If so, what sort of personality do they have? If not, how do they communicate what they want? This could be through vague feelings, omens, etc.
  • Courtier background: what kind of government did you work in/serve? Why did you leave your job? Or are you still working there, sent to Candlekeep on an assignment?
  • Do you have any family/friends that you are close with?
  • Why would you be interested in visiting one of, if not the, largest libraries in the world?
@KitkatKK2
  • You can prepare one more spell, if you'd like.
  • What led you to study magic and become a Wizard? What do your parents/family think of you becoming a Wizard and adventurer?
  • Sage Background: Where did you study? Did you have a particular area of expertise?
  • Why would you be interested in visiting one of, if not the, largest libraries in the world? ... OK, well, I guess I don't have to ask the Sage Wizard but still.
@LightHelco
  • What led you to become a Barbarian?
  • How does your rage manifest? Righteous anger? A frenzy where you need to satiate bloodlust? Analyzing a situation video game style until the combat encounter is over?
  • Haunted One Background: what creature/event haunts you?
  • Why would you be interested in visiting one of, if not the, largest libraries in the world?
@yummyrummy
  • It looks like you haven't picked starting equipment. If you go to your sheet > Inventory there should be a button to get your Starting Equipment
  • Why did you decide to become a Rogue? How did you learn to become good at the various skills you posses?
  • Entertainer Background: How do you perform? Do you sing, perform stunts, tell stories, play instruments? How well known are you?
@fractale
  • Why did you decide to become a Druid? Who did you learn from/where did you gain Druidic knowledge?
  • Folk Hero Background: Who did you help and how did you help them? What sort of reputation do you have?

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
  3. ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
"Sage" is the closest background I could find to "really REALLY dedicated schoolchild", which is the reason I picked it.
The other answers have been edited into the character sheet, and I have prepared the last spell.
somehow I accidentally added an extra spell while trying to prepare sleep, but that has now been fixed.

yummyrummy

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2021
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
The gremlin Pokémon.
I can try to get to the questions soon. To be honest, I don't know how excited I am to play this satyr entertainer guy- kinda want a more "normal" race.

theCape

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
@yummyrummy if you wanna change it feel free. Do you have any other ideas that you might be interested in playing?

fractale

MonoType Locker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
this master of winged beasts knows almost everything about flying type pokemons that is known by the man. when angered, he shocks those around him
i think i fixed every missing part of my character rigth now. like me in real life, Xerneas is child of Doctors and therefore, knows his medicines. and papa druid doctor is i think a good idea on the paper.

yummyrummy

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2021
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
The gremlin Pokémon.
@yummyrummy if you wanna change it feel free. Do you have any other ideas that you might be interested in playing?
I'm probably gonna stick with a PHB race. I'll either stick with Ranger or go Rogue... or potentially take levels in both??

Update: I really want to try the Inquisitive Rogue (Satyr was leaning towards Arcane Trickster) and I'll probably take a min. 2 levels in Ranger for Hunter's Mark.

Last edited:

theCape

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Just checking in again. KitKat and fractale are ready to go.

@0 Anonymous
  • Your character doesn't have a name? Unless the name is 0 Anon's character?
  • What led you to strike a deal with the Genie for power? Did you make the deal on purpose, was it accidental, were you tricked into it?
  • Do you know the genie well? If so, what sort of personality do they have? If not, how do they communicate what they want? This could be through vague feelings, omens, etc.
  • Courtier background: what kind of government did you work in/serve? Why did you leave your job? Or are you still working there, sent to Candlekeep on an assignment?
@LightHelco
  • What led you to become a Barbarian?
  • How does your rage manifest? Righteous anger? A frenzy where you need to satiate bloodlust? Analyzing a situation video game style until the combat encounter is over?
  • Haunted One Background: what creature/event haunts you?
@yummyrummy
  • Why did you decide to become a Rogue? How did you learn to become good at the various skills you posses?
  • City Watch/Investigator Background: Why did you leave the city you used to work in? What was the city like?
  • You mentioned someone saved your life oncce. Who was it, and what were thecircumstances?

fractale

MonoType Locker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry

theCape

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
I didn't yet today. If they haven't answered by the time I get home I'll ping there.

theCape

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
So, I was not actually free last night - I'll ping people over on Discord now. I'm making a server here: https://discord.gg/jRb7Cv53 but again I really only wanna use it for pinging people - discussion should happen here.

Looking at D&D beyond, it looks like I can see your dice rolls there, so let's just roll through those sheets.

theCape

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Sorry everyone, I've been dragging my feet more than I had hoped on this. I'm almost done reading through candlekeep and I have a few ideas of how to tie people's stories in. Gonna commit to starting the game next weekend (sometimes Friday to Sunday) cause I should done reading by then.

(I'm not pinging everyone since the post is basically "hold on a little longer")

Users who are viewing this thread