• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Galar Teen Mon By the Sword - A Pokemon Sword Nuzlocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A Pokemon Sword comic about a boy and his pet lizard. Updates once a month (usually)!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Man, why do you have to make commenting so hard because on every single on of your pages. There is just so much to love, I can't hope to cover it all! I'll name a few standouts as well as I can though. Firstly: Raphael's big kitty eyes upon being pet. A whole new world of loves and scritches has just opened up to this grumpy old tom. Also later on in the page, him riding in the backpack is just the most darling thing. Also the entire drama happening between him and birdmom/foxdad is all super well and thoughtfully written, and I love how it is just sorta going under Tumble's radar. He may be the trainer, but his team is having an entire soap opera complete with romantic moonlit scene by the lake without him. The whole Marnie scene was so real and complicated and I love the way you're handling it. Marnie deserves the world. And lastly, reaching town and everyone's favorite trashboy with old lady hair. Your redesign of hattrem is very nice and I'm not just saying that because I love cats. It sorta has mew-but-with-a-fun-hat vibes which is honestly super fun. Also incognito Chairman Rose outfit is best Chairman Rose outfit. I love his awful hat shades jacket and boxer shorts combo monstrosity. Dude needs to go to fashion jail and also regular jail.

OP
SnakeEyesDraws

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
Page 21 is out now! Read it on dA!
A lot of things to say here this time,

a lot of romance on this one, not a prob tho, a lot of lockes can do it well, and knowing how this one's going, I expect to as well,

I like the chibi that were used for 2 panels only, but that's just cuz I like simple styles,

I very much enjoy how you draw hattrem, the cat ears do it for me the most.

overall, very good episode, and a great one start with after hiatus, keep up the good work snake eyes! :)
Eyyy thank you so much!! I generally like my romance as a side dish to the main plot, so hopefully that'll work out fine here!
Heh, I'm glad you liked them too!! Chibis are fun to draw, and take less time!
Hehe thank you!! Couldn't resist the witchy cat route!
Thank you so much!! glad you enjoyed the episode <33

I think the lineart on this page still looks great so no worries there. The backgrounds especially look nice this page- especially the shots of the illuminated lake. Truly is a great date spot for the couple~ It's a shame the gay grandpas are fighting and not able to enjoy it too u_u. Though it seems clear there was more to that argument than an angry cat wanting to cause problems- but I wonder if/when anyone will be able to figure that out.

Also, speaking of causing problems-
unknown.png

these are the faces of a pair who is excited to cause problems on purpose. And I for one cannot wait to see them cause more problems on purpose.

I love seeing more done with Team Yell, and it was a really smart idea to tie them into the league's issues that we've seen bits and pieces of so far. The way Spikemouth was treated by the region in-game was so messed up but hardly commented on before being brushed aside. I'm so glad to see that being expanded on, and using the residents of the town protesting about it has me all 👀. Also yessssssssssssss more Marnie use! I agree that it was criminal how little they used her, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for her!

Gotta say i'm definitely agreeing with Martin on not liking this sort of attention. First of all, beating a dynamax pokemon doesn't seem like it should ever be put on a kid regardless of if they're a challenger or not. And this sort of attention and praise from the chairman could convince others to try to take them down themselves in hopes of getting the same recognition. (Not to mention he used the story to completely dodge the question about there being more dynamaxing of wild pokemon. Don't think I don't see you chariman.) Secondly, you can already see Tumble go from crediting the defeat of the pidove to his pokemon at the beginning of the convo to giving himself the credit by the end of it. I don't blame Tumble at all- he's just a kid who is excited at all the attention and validation that an adult is purposely giving him for an ulterior motive after all- but it is a concerning shift that happened in the blink of an eye. I'm with Martin: I don't have a good feeling about this sort of attention.
AAAAAA thank you so much!!! Those bgs were so much to do <33 and sheesh seriously, it's like they didn't get the script that this was the romance anime episode! That is indeed a good question.....
AHEHEHEHEHE Bede and his mischievous little cat are a delight. I can't wait to show their shenanigans!!
AAAAA TYSM!!! I've gone on record saying I wanted to do more with Team Yell/Marnie since they were so underused ingame, so I'm glad people ar enjoying their portrayal here!
EEEEE Do you ever get an analysis of your work that makes you rub your hands together in glee because someone picked up all the pieces you've ben laying down? Because this comment is it!! I'm SO glad you noticed all of these details, and I can say for sure you're spot on! Rose is very sus, to say the least.

Oh this is beautiful. Took a while to read through the whole thing but glad I did! You made me care about a Thievul and I nearly cried during the fight with Milo, with the cheering during the Dmax portion, ahhh it was gorgeous!

Here's hoping Tumble can get his hands on all the dragons he desires, just as long as nothing, uh, forces him to use them ifyanowhatimean. This page touched on his conflict with this, but I'm curious if he has a realistic plan for a hypothetical Dragon Leader team. Raihan gets away with Gigalith, Sandaconda, Torkoal, etc pretty easily so I'm sure he can make a case for some of his current members, but all of them? Hmmmmm

But yeah Martin's my favorite, though Charles is such a sweetheart and Harper deserves the world too <3 The whole team is so full of personality, including Tumble himself! I love his little faces, and the Raihan love is such a cute detail. Absolutely here for it.

V27pnpd.jpg
Stan Thievul mission accomplished! Aaaa gosh I'm so happy to hear that ;w;
Hopefully the RNGgods were in my favour! And veryyyy interesting observation there :3cc
Hehehe, thank you!! It's also so neat to hear people's favourite characters!
AND AAAA!! AAAAA I'VE SPENT EVERY DAY SINCE THIS WAS UPLOADED STARING AT IT IN DELIGHT Oh its so cuuuuuute look at them!! Dragon man and his little copy cat!! Thank you so much ;A; <333

reading the new page lead to some ominous forshadowing
but also the panel of Tumble petting Raphael is good
:3ccc
Hehe glad you think so!! <33

LIV YOUR PAGES ARE ALWAYS SO LONG, I COULDA WAITED SIX MONTHS FOR THIS AND STILL BEEN SATISFIED,,,,,,, csp is very rude and I’m glad you were able to recover your files!

Goshhh all the team interactions are so lovely on this page..! I love seeing Martin and Laurie being cute together, and seeing their position as, essentially, parents being challenged is super interesting—I can’t wait to see it expanded upon! Sooner or later they’ll be surpassed in power, and I do wonder how the team will manage……

Everyone’s views on the issue are so varied and they seem genuinely rooted in emotion, which is a super tricky thing to pull off! They’re all written fantastically and if something happens to any of them I will be Very upset.

Aw sheesh, poor Marnie though ;-; I’m glad that Tumble is her friend, at least.

bede ily im sorry your dad sucks fam
AAAA GOSH TYSM!!! Csp can't keep me down, no matter how determined it is to try! :'D
EEEEE TY!!! Always love showing off character dynamics and hearing people enjoy them is a delight. Hmm, a very valid question!
AAAAAA TY!! THAT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!! Organic conflict is my jam so hearing I could accomplish that? AAAAA ;W; <33
What's a little systemic prejudice when you have friends! And heh, yeah.... poor Bede. This series said no good dad figures for him u_u

lvAFpNU.png

Stop the presses! He's becoming self-aware! 🤯

I love that Tumble's day with Milo helped him gain respect for the Turffield Gym Leader, even though our boy doesn't seem to be built for farm work. I'm also intrigued that he likes weather strategies (his interest in water types in Unova, his "back-up" types of ground and steel). As I recall, in Sword/Shield, the weather TMs are accessible early on...

HnXDk7r.png

We'll prove you wrong, Raphael! 😤

HfLuxHm.png

Wait, your Leon is trans? 😍 did i just fail to catch that or..?

2Y9f7bl.png

The water type right next to him:
oOsk2PH.png

Interesting that Harper is silent when asked about her opinion on her trainer. 👀 Also, I'm not sure if Raphael's statement is an observation about trainers in this world or his personal experience with trainers. I'm thinking it's the latter. c:

tfw when you realize you are responsible for The Bean (tm):
YjFgUOJ.png

What species is Hoenn!Charles? Spinda? Whismur?
9KSgamY.png

Everyone (except Shamrock, Stephan, and Charles) @ Raphael:
ZcxyOyDlbkxTjrQUSTE1II03_n7EBSVoZmo1TaEACQE.jpg

TCky8ds.png

I see those scars. 👀

Yeah, I can relate to having the hardest time with figuring out protagonists. They hold the most weight of the plot on their shoulders, so you're always afraid that they're not sturdy enough!

ZdfHlpu.png

👏 Yes 👏 to 👏 all 👏 this. Remember: The vast majority of fanworks are labor that you don't get paid for (at least, directly). You don't owe anyone content, and you're not owed any content. Health comes first! (You can't "live up to" anyone's expectations—which I know a lot of creators feel like they have to do—if you're hurting yourself!)

Ah, and this Q&A was great for my Martin and Laurie (Marie? Laurtin?) shipper soul! 🛳 Thank you for the good food. c:
Yay for Becoming Strong Group!
QHtkFWN.png

how is stephan maintaining this pose though teach me your balance secrets

That's why you're lucky!? My man, my boy, my bean. There's optimism, and then there's missing the point.

Oh, poor bean, dumping your insecurities on Raphael! He's more sympathetic than I was expecting, though. 👀

I am dead. 💘
I17K6SP.png

Actually, those two panels make an excellent version of the Dre reaction meme.
XQ15eV5.png

I17K6SP.png
24zoa8.jpg
See?

Ugh, have you ever been Shamrock in this situation? Understanding that someone is trying to give a valid warning (albeit not in the best way) and watching your friends reject the message because of its messenger? It sucks! 😭

tfw when you suddenly realize its a date
KFWRFkr.png

Meanwhile, the other couple in the group is s t r u g g l i n g. Good on Shamrock for communicating in a clear, non-judgmental way, though. It seems like Raphael has realized that he's at an impasse. >_>

Oh my goodness, a re-purposed Team Yell!
zhHnoqn.png

Team Yell pulled the aesthetic of punk rock but abandoned the root cause of youth counter-culture (youth activism), so this is a fascinating adjustment. 👀 Sword/Shield spoilers And provides a much-needed counterpoint to Rose's monopoly capitalism in which he is both the identifier of the problem and the solution and the cause.

wU8G1aH.png

I mean, they're not wrong. on either front lol

Sword/Shield spoilers In canon, Piers is the head of Team Yell, which is basically just the overzealous fan club of his little sister (plus some assorted mischief). I can't imagine that was a secret in League spaces. But if Piers is still the leader of Team Yell and is still an official Gym Leader in your world, he must be trying to keep those two worlds separate, right? Maybe a few trusted people know of his position, but. My point is, I am worried about Mic Tap Man.

Oh hi, regionalism! (That's likely couched in classism too.) I see our bean is learning things. 👀

HPF01Lm.png

Is this... a ship? 🛳 I like it.

Yay for making Marnie a relevant character! And I love that Marnie is the Champion and Tumble is a Gym Leader. They have equal respect for each other's goals, even though one is considered "higher" than the other.

Oh, hey, Chairman Rose, is actually, you know, openly associating with Bede! Sword/Shield spoilers In canon, it's not even clear if Rose knows who Bede is, beyond "the kid who gets me Wishing Stars." For the character who is supposed to be the "jerk rival," I was always felt bad for him as a result—and Sword/Shield also gives us Hop to feel bad for! I mean, I guess the player doesn't feel bad for Marnie, but she's not important to the story. >_>

Uh oh, looks like Bede and his cat!Hattena/Hattrem (Love the redesign, by the way!) isn't in on the plan to exalt Tumble so he doesn't question what he saw. >_> Also, I just realized the parallel of Tumble with his (arguably) main dark type being the antithesis to Bede's main psychic type (who later gains the super-effective-against-dark fairy type, to be fair). 👀

uBg0U94.png

Oops, looks like I misread how close Bede and Rose are. Now I feel bad for him again. Tumble might be pushing aside that feeling now, but I hope that feeling will pile up....

As for Martin's feelings, I think they're right on the money. 💰
OHOHOOHOHOHOH I wasn't expecting a reaction to the QnA thank youuuuuuu! Charles' Hoenn version is a Whismur - I realized after the fact I made it look much more like Spindle because my brain confuses those two often. Whoops!
Heh, whenever Stephan uses his front leg, I like to picture him just plopping down on his hind legs, sort of like cat do when they "stand".
PFFFFT OMG babe was up new by the sword meme format dropped!
Aaaa yeah, I can say I've been in that scenario and it sucks. You can see where both sides are coming from and there's only so much you can do to change people's minds, unfortunately :c
A shame we couldn't have a double date, but hey, communication for the win!
Heheh glad you enjoyed that!! I'm trying to salvage something out of the non-existent Team Yell concept, and this was the direction I really thought it would go ingame. So at least it's here!!
Hehe. Hehehehehe. Very glad you're wondering these things :3ccc
Never too late to learn about classism! And while I generally leave this things up to reader's interpretation, it most certainly can be a ship :3c
Marnie is also woefully underused, and I want more people to appreciate her ;_;
Ahh, yes, the infamous Chairman Rose and Bede dynamic.... Excited to elaborate on the crumbs the game gave us! And also YESSSSS the dark/psychic parallel was unintentional but worked SO well. Bless the game for giving me a Nickit.
Eeeee tysm for the wonderful comment!! They always bring a smile to my face <333

Oh no I'm so weak for romantic scenery....... The glowing Cutiefly lake has me melted on the ground, now is the time to strike and defeat me once and for all. But I would really like to live and see more of Laurie and Martin being adorable and happy, it's very important ;A;

We love to see all the drama among the team! The beans being angry at each other is Big Pain, but I'm glad their personalities are strong enough to clash. They bring up really interesting points! Why can't Laurie and Martin protect the others forever? Just because we know that having so little coverage doesn't work great in Pokémon games, let alone in a Nuzlocke? The characters don't know that, maybe in their world that is real to them, something like this has worked before. So Raphael being right with his concerns is not actually that clear cut. Spicy!!

Hey, let's celebrate a little kid taking down a super dangerous giant monster! What, this is a problem that should not be allowed to exist in the first place? But the inspirational story! Look how inspirational and unproblematic it is! 😬
OHHHH MAN I'm so happy to hear that, tysm ;w; nothing better than soft romantic scenes!!
Hehehehe glad you caught onto that!! I personally, want to believe in a champion level Noctowl and Thievul.
Yeah, for sure! This is normal behaviour and should be encouraged! Certainly nothing bad can come from this!

I don't know how you took one of my fav Galar pokemon and made it even better, but you sure did that. In related news, I'm stealing Bede's witch cat and no one can stop me!

Also see me in the background of that romantic scene like "Can you feel the love tonight!~" what do you mean that works ruin the mood, sounds fake to me.

Also I'd just like to note that I have big fear. Between Raph having some fair points that could have some heavy reproductions if ignored, romance being a pretty big red flag in nuzlockes, and Thievul having all the durability of wet Kleenex, I don't think I trust where this seems to be going :'3
I'm currently handing over the custody papers as we speak. Glad you enjoyed the design!! <33
JSADSJKADJSAKDJKADKJSD that song was actually a big inspiration for this page as I casually out myself as being a sucker for sappy romance songs-
Ahhh yeah... yeah that's a fair point. Thievuls really are the glassiest of cannons :'3c

Excellent page! Im always in awe by how much you can get in and of course how wonderful your redesigns are!!! Hop and the lil rascal were adorable and maybe he wont be such a brat now that he knows how good head pats feel xD

I agree, do not like that Type of Attention from rose, screams shady buisnesss but also neglect towards bede since isn't Rose his legal guardian?
Eeee thank you so much!! Everyone knows head pats are the best way to a grump's heart.
Shady business indeed... and yes, Rose is his legal guardian! While I forget wheres the game's implications end, I can say for this story he certainly is :3c

Man, why do you have to make commenting so hard because on every single on of your pages. There is just so much to love, I can't hope to cover it all! I'll name a few standouts as well as I can though. Firstly: Raphael's big kitty eyes upon being pet. A whole new world of loves and scritches has just opened up to this grumpy old tom. Also later on in the page, him riding in the backpack is just the most darling thing. Also the entire drama happening between him and birdmom/foxdad is all super well and thoughtfully written, and I love how it is just sorta going under Tumble's radar. He may be the trainer, but his team is having an entire soap opera complete with romantic moonlit scene by the lake without him. The whole Marnie scene was so real and complicated and I love the way you're handling it. Marnie deserves the world. And lastly, reaching town and everyone's favorite trashboy with old lady hair. Your redesign of hattrem is very nice and I'm not just saying that because I love cats. It sorta has mew-but-with-a-fun-hat vibes which is honestly super fun. Also incognito Chairman Rose outfit is best Chairman Rose outfit. I love his awful hat shades jacket and boxer shorts combo monstrosity. Dude needs to go to fashion jail and also regular jail.
HJADJKJKDSJKDS awwww ;w; <33
Always a sucker for grumpy kitties getting pet! Aaaa I'm really glad to hear that!! I've always enjoyed how in nuzlockes where the trainers don't speak Pokemon, all of this soap opera drama just plays out right under their noses and they're pretty oblivious to it.
Oh man I am SO happy people are enjoying Marnie! She got done so dirty in game and I'm starved for content of her. Also glad you liked the Hattrem design! Witchy cat is a fun aesthetic.
Seriously, forget his shady business deals, he's a villain if only for making us look at that hideous outfit.... Thanks for the comment!!! <33

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
SHAMROCK HAD AN OLD TRAINER AND RAPH HAS ANGST OVER THIS OWO??????? He’s clearly an older pokemon so it’s very interesting to see his reactions here… makes me think he had a different trainer at some point hmm…

I love the lesbians I care them and Tumble accidentally stumbling into this is SO like him haha.. this boy needs to stop diving headfirst into other folks’ business.

Tumble’s mom watching him on TV is super adorable but now I’m thinking about how many channels Galar must have to accommodate this. I’m assuming every match is filmed, but are they all broadcast live?? Is there a channel for every major league stadium??? I must know more

Drilbur nooooo…! Poor kids getting overconfident and also being encouraged to do that sort of thing is a very bad combo. Also sheesh, that Dynamax Azumarill was super close to the city, that doesn’t seem good at all… Leon why are you using your Charizard buddy I know it has Solar Beam but c’mon

Liv what happened to Ralph, why is my boy bleeding, did he have a tooth come out or something? I’d assume it’s just a bad reaction to evolution but most of the former evos have gone pretty okay so I’m concerned!!!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
When the By The Sword update drops:
cat-running-cat-jump.gif

Look at that blep.
KDQBKJU.png

I said LOOK AT IT!
kkGP1iX.png

When you think your friend is in danger but all she's in danger of is being the victim of homophobia. :c also crocodilian drednaw is sooooo good

LOOK AT HOW SONIA LOOKS AT NESSA WHILE NESSA IS TALKING TO TUMBLE! 👭
G6aFGBR.png

honestly thats a lot of lesbian darling how do you manage to conceal that from the paparazzi

That montage was so cute! 🥺 I'm glad Marnie is becoming friends with both Tumble and Hop! cool kids table back off bede

Oh no, out-of-control Dynamaxing! That was really only a thing a player got to see in the post-game, but having it be a source of tension throughout the story makes so much more sense that I briefly forget that's not canon. >_> also heck yeah skin condition diversity its especially cool to see a nurse joy with viltigo because a lot of people consider viltigo "gross" or "unsanitary"

Raphael's reaction to Shamrock's backstory reveal hurts my heart..! 💔 capitalism strikes once again evil sponsorships

Oh man, Marnie refusing the Potions. I don't like that.... :ohdear: I know why she did it—not wanting to accept pity, not wanting to be accused of taking the easy way out, etc.—but this is a Wendy's nuzlocke....

Ooh, Nessa has a Drizzile too, it looks like!
QQvKvdr.png

he angy

When you're trying to copy your much cooler friends:
HEMfzMA.png

I'm with you, Laurie. Ice types are a late-game... Well, not threat usually. Ice type coverage can be scary, though! If only Nessa's Drizzile had a bug type move to counter grass types.... :c

Perrserker time! 😍 Raphael would like to rage! Me and hopefully Shamrock too: "RARGHH! :D"

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
Eyyy thank you so much!! I generally like my romance as a side dish to the main plot, so hopefully that'll work out fine here!
Heh, I'm glad you liked them too!! Chibis are fun to draw, and take less time!
Hehe thank you!! Couldn't resist the witchy cat route!
Thank you so much!! glad you enjoyed the episode <33

AAAAAA thank you so much!!! Those bgs were so much to do <33 and sheesh seriously, it's like they didn't get the script that this was the romance anime episode! That is indeed a good question.....
AHEHEHEHEHE Bede and his mischievous little cat are a delight. I can't wait to show their shenanigans!!
AAAAA TYSM!!! I've gone on record saying I wanted to do more with Team Yell/Marnie since they were so underused ingame, so I'm glad people ar enjoying their portrayal here!
EEEEE Do you ever get an analysis of your work that makes you rub your hands together in glee because someone picked up all the pieces you've ben laying down? Because this comment is it!! I'm SO glad you noticed all of these details, and I can say for sure you're spot on! Rose is very sus, to say the least.

Stan Thievul mission accomplished! Aaaa gosh I'm so happy to hear that ;w;
Hopefully the RNGgods were in my favour! And veryyyy interesting observation there :3cc
Hehehe, thank you!! It's also so neat to hear people's favourite characters!
AND AAAA!! AAAAA I'VE SPENT EVERY DAY SINCE THIS WAS UPLOADED STARING AT IT IN DELIGHT Oh its so cuuuuuute look at them!! Dragon man and his little copy cat!! Thank you so much ;A; <333

:3ccc
Hehe glad you think so!! <33

AAAA GOSH TYSM!!! Csp can't keep me down, no matter how determined it is to try! :'D
EEEEE TY!!! Always love showing off character dynamics and hearing people enjoy them is a delight. Hmm, a very valid question!
AAAAAA TY!! THAT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!! Organic conflict is my jam so hearing I could accomplish that? AAAAA ;W; <33
What's a little systemic prejudice when you have friends! And heh, yeah.... poor Bede. This series said no good dad figures for him u_u

OHOHOOHOHOHOH I wasn't expecting a reaction to the QnA thank youuuuuuu! Charles' Hoenn version is a Whismur - I realized after the fact I made it look much more like Spindle because my brain confuses those two often. Whoops!
Heh, whenever Stephan uses his front leg, I like to picture him just plopping down on his hind legs, sort of like cat do when they "stand".
PFFFFT OMG babe was up new by the sword meme format dropped!
Aaaa yeah, I can say I've been in that scenario and it sucks. You can see where both sides are coming from and there's only so much you can do to change people's minds, unfortunately :c
A shame we couldn't have a double date, but hey, communication for the win!
Heheh glad you enjoyed that!! I'm trying to salvage something out of the non-existent Team Yell concept, and this was the direction I really thought it would go ingame. So at least it's here!!
Hehe. Hehehehehe. Very glad you're wondering these things :3ccc
Never too late to learn about classism! And while I generally leave this things up to reader's interpretation, it most certainly can be a ship :3c
Marnie is also woefully underused, and I want more people to appreciate her ;_;
Ahh, yes, the infamous Chairman Rose and Bede dynamic.... Excited to elaborate on the crumbs the game gave us! And also YESSSSS the dark/psychic parallel was unintentional but worked SO well. Bless the game for giving me a Nickit.
Eeeee tysm for the wonderful comment!! They always bring a smile to my face <333

OHHHH MAN I'm so happy to hear that, tysm ;w; nothing better than soft romantic scenes!!
Hehehehe glad you caught onto that!! I personally, want to believe in a champion level Noctowl and Thievul.
Yeah, for sure! This is normal behaviour and should be encouraged! Certainly nothing bad can come from this!

I'm currently handing over the custody papers as we speak. Glad you enjoyed the design!! <33
JSADSJKADJSAKDJKADKJSD that song was actually a big inspiration for this page as I casually out myself as being a sucker for sappy romance songs-
Ahhh yeah... yeah that's a fair point. Thievuls really are the glassiest of cannons :'3c

Eeee thank you so much!! Everyone knows head pats are the best way to a grump's heart.
Shady business indeed... and yes, Rose is his legal guardian! While I forget wheres the game's implications end, I can say for this story he certainly is :3c

HJADJKJKDSJKDS awwww ;w; <33
Always a sucker for grumpy kitties getting pet! Aaaa I'm really glad to hear that!! I've always enjoyed how in nuzlockes where the trainers don't speak Pokemon, all of this soap opera drama just plays out right under their noses and they're pretty oblivious to it.
Oh man I am SO happy people are enjoying Marnie! She got done so dirty in game and I'm starved for content of her. Also glad you liked the Hattrem design! Witchy cat is a fun aesthetic.
Seriously, forget his shady business deals, he's a villain if only for making us look at that hideous outfit.... Thanks for the comment!!! <33
that's a really cool spin on perzerker

satanicswirlix

🌸 CHATOT 🌸
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
B̵͎͗e̶͊ͅh̶̩̒ì̸̪n̵̼͐d̸̥̚ ̷̀ͅy̷͎̓o̷͚̊u̶̗̕.̶̻̒
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fire
  3. Grass
  4. Water
  5. Bug
  6. Dark
  7. Dragon
  8. Fairy
  9. Fighting
  10. Flying
  11. Ghost
  12. Ground
  13. Ice
  14. Normal
  15. Poison
  16. Psychic
  17. Rock
  18. Steel
  19. Cool
  20. Beautiful
  21. Cute
  22. Clever
  23. Tough
  24. ???
Pokédex Entry
Rash? More like belongs in the trash!
yooooooooo lesgoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

also is that gordie

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
AAAAAAAAAA THERE IS SO MUCH TO UNPACK HERE

SO FIRST OFF. LESBIANS. GOOD. PERFECT. 10/10. WOULD DIE FOR THEM

Moving on...that poor drilbur :( scary to think that Tumble might have unknowingly caused a lot of trainer's pokemon to get seriously hurt due to the popularity he's gotten from the chairman. I also like how you've portrayed the wild dynamax pokemon to be seriously dangerous, I mean in game you do have to fight them with 4 trainers, so it makes sense I suppose!

OOF SHAMROCK ANGST!! I'm glad we got to learn more about him, but owie, poor boy!! At least he has a good team now and nothing bad will ever happen to him again hahahahhaa right????? AND YESSS FEED ME MORE FLUSTER RAPH! HE CARES ABOUT THE TEAM DEEP DOWN!!

I like the design of the gym, giving the fish/water pokemon a terrain to battle in instead of having them just...float lol. And love the drizzile design!

AND I LOVE THIS PERRSERKER DESIGN BUT LIV I AM AFRAID

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
we got lesbians being adorable
Tumble being a pure bean
more tumblexmarnie lols
Rapheal evolves
whats not to love?

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Hey. Hey Liv. Did you know that if this page was split into 3 parts, each of them would still be considered humongous and absolutely gigantic? Well. TODAY WE FEAST

I'm glad we're getting a glimpse into the relationship of the best and most important canon couple Sonia & Nessa! The ways they look at each, so good ;v; <333

The montage of the passing days gives me life! ;v; Such a good time of training together, watching funney videos, gorging themselves on fries, Shamrock and Raph making up, watching the town be saved from AzuZilla.... Wait, one of these things is not like the others. 😬

Stephan is so precious, the scenes of him attempting exposure therapy with water and nuzzling Raph until he experiences emotions were hilarious!

The water battlefield is so epic, making a grand show of getting filled, and how the water surges against the walls the entire time. Love that!!

BIG RAPH BIG RAPH WOOOO HE LOOKS SO GOOD
sucks that he got stabbed in the nose and mouth by his anime delinquent twig while evolving, but I'm sure that will heal quickly and there are no other problems yes

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
LOOK AT THOSE LESBIANS YESSSS, gosh thats sweet i ship em too but i can imagine it must be hard to maintain that relationship

The wild dynamxing pokemon....gosh that is definitely a problem however Our kiddo and his team are very lucky things werent worse and that they're able to get some good training in.

THEN THERES SHAMROCK, POOR THING! There should be laws against just abandoning pokes like that

AHHHHHHHHHH EVOLUTION TIME YESSSSS

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
BIG CAT BIG CAT BIG CAT

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I love that Tumble is still star struck at the beginning of this page; it reminds us what a big deal that interaction was. Also ahhhhhhhhh, Nessa and Sonia my fav couple! I'm so glad to see them together here cause they're a fav for me, but I also adore the way you used their dating to further flesh out the world and the crud Gym Leaders have to go through. I do wonder what "she has a reputation" means here. Could it be general homophobia, or is it like Idol culture where they aren't supposed to be dating at all. 🤔 Also I really appreciate how Sonia handles this stressful situation. She really wants to impress the importance of this to Tumble, but also doesn't want to seem angry at him for honestly just trying to help. I really appreciate the nuance there.

Really cool to see Hop's battle presented as part of the training montage. Also: thank goodness, proper training! No getting into the gym with no training under their belt. I'm excited to see how it will pay off in the gym battle proper~! I think you did a great job on the montage section all around. Really gave that sense of hard work and team bonding that is really important to make the team feel like a family.

I gotta admit, coming out of the montage to the planning, and then having that interrupted with the consequences for taking on a dynamax pokemon unprepared... It hit hard. And you can see it in the team's reaction: everyone knows that could have been them even before Shamrock mentioned it. It's hard, but I'm glad Tumble is taking it hard: hopefully that stops him from doing it without thinking going forward.

Also, tragic backstory unlocked~! Though I adore Shamrock's way of accepting the past while looking forward to the future. It's really beautiful and a great way to look at the world in general. Also would be a great thing for the team to take away if anything happened to him just saying. I hope the whole team can take that outlook when if anything were to happen. Especially a certain jaded kitty cat. Also everyone climbing on Martin and the way he tried to support them until he couldn't anymore was really funny lol.

Props to Marnie for trying to do this without any help from the league; but god it's cruddy that players can get advantages like this at all anyway. Though now it makes more sense why being endorsed by big names makes such a difference and gives such bragging rights. It also makes me think of why Bede feels so sure of himself with Rose behind him- I can't imagine the perks that gets you.

Also with the gym battle here we're already seeing that training pay off with how fast Nessa's first mon goes down. Also that Drizzle design is so so so goooooooooood. And the introduction of some ice moves really messes with Tumble's strategy in an understandable ways. I know a move I didn't expect has scrambled my plans on the fly in some nuzlocke battles. I also appreciate Tumble respecting his mon's personality and knowing when he should call the shots and when they should. And it seems? to have paid off in an evolution! .... But there's blood. Liv. Why is there blood. Hello?? LIV????

OP
SnakeEyesDraws

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
Page 22 is out now! Read it here!
SHAMROCK HAD AN OLD TRAINER AND RAPH HAS ANGST OVER THIS OWO??????? He’s clearly an older pokemon so it’s very interesting to see his reactions here… makes me think he had a different trainer at some point hmm…

I love the lesbians I care them and Tumble accidentally stumbling into this is SO like him haha.. this boy needs to stop diving headfirst into other folks’ business.

Tumble’s mom watching him on TV is super adorable but now I’m thinking about how many channels Galar must have to accommodate this. I’m assuming every match is filmed, but are they all broadcast live?? Is there a channel for every major league stadium??? I must know more

Drilbur nooooo…! Poor kids getting overconfident and also being encouraged to do that sort of thing is a very bad combo. Also sheesh, that Dynamax Azumarill was super close to the city, that doesn’t seem good at all… Leon why are you using your Charizard buddy I know it has Solar Beam but c’mon

Liv what happened to Ralph, why is my boy bleeding, did he have a tooth come out or something? I’d assume it’s just a bad reaction to evolution but most of the former evos have gone pretty okay so I’m concerned!!!
OwO indeed!!
JKDSAJKKDASKA oh man if that just. Doesn't sum up this boy's arc in a nutshell.
That is a very interesting question!! I'm glad you caught onto that, that'll definitely be explored later on!!
Aaaa yeah, turns out not all encouraging propaganda has great results... Honestly, Leon still operates on "if I believe hard enough and hit hard enough, type advantages be damned" logic.
It's fineee he's just channeling his inner "anime protag bleeding from the mouth/nose during battle"!
Thank you for the comment <33

When the By The Sword update drops:
cat-running-cat-jump.gif

Look at that blep.
KDQBKJU.png

I said LOOK AT IT!
kkGP1iX.png

When you think your friend is in danger but all she's in danger of is being the victim of homophobia. :c also crocodilian drednaw is sooooo good

LOOK AT HOW SONIA LOOKS AT NESSA WHILE NESSA IS TALKING TO TUMBLE! 👭
G6aFGBR.png

honestly thats a lot of lesbian darling how do you manage to conceal that from the paparazzi

That montage was so cute! 🥺 I'm glad Marnie is becoming friends with both Tumble and Hop! cool kids table back off bede

Oh no, out-of-control Dynamaxing! That was really only a thing a player got to see in the post-game, but having it be a source of tension throughout the story makes so much more sense that I briefly forget that's not canon. >_> also heck yeah skin condition diversity its especially cool to see a nurse joy with viltigo because a lot of people consider viltigo "gross" or "unsanitary"

Raphael's reaction to Shamrock's backstory reveal hurts my heart..! 💔 capitalism strikes once again evil sponsorships

Oh man, Marnie refusing the Potions. I don't like that.... :ohdear: I know why she did it—not wanting to accept pity, not wanting to be accused of taking the easy way out, etc.—but this is a Wendy's nuzlocke....

Ooh, Nessa has a Drizzile too, it looks like!
QQvKvdr.png

he angy

When you're trying to copy your much cooler friends:
HEMfzMA.png

I'm with you, Laurie. Ice types are a late-game... Well, not threat usually. Ice type coverage can be scary, though! If only Nessa's Drizzile had a bug type move to counter grass types.... :c

Perrserker time! 😍 Raphael would like to rage! Me and hopefully Shamrock too: "RARGHH! :D"
Awww ;w; <33
JKDSADKJDASKD THE LESBIAN SONIA COMMENT GOT ME G OOD she radiates too much sapphic energy. She Cannot be stopped
Drawing the Hop/Tumble/Marnie trio hanging out is a delight because of the mental image of Bede being there five feet away uninvited. It may not be on screen, but it's there, trust me.
Aaaa honestly with how many SWSH adaptions take advantage of it, I honestly forget it's not canon too, ahaha. And thank you!! I'm really glad to har that, diversity in human casts is very important to me to show in works ;w; <33
Every character in this story has 99 problems and 95 of them are caused by capitalism u_u
A shame Marnie isn't aware of her status as a supporting character in a nuzlocke.
JKDSJKADSKDASLKDAS THIS GAVE ME A GOOD L AUGH Thank you for the comment!! <33

that's a really cool spin on perzerker
Thank you so much!! He was very fun to design :>

AAAAAAAAAA THERE IS SO MUCH TO UNPACK HERE

SO FIRST OFF. LESBIANS. GOOD. PERFECT. 10/10. WOULD DIE FOR THEM

Moving on...that poor drilbur :( scary to think that Tumble might have unknowingly caused a lot of trainer's pokemon to get seriously hurt due to the popularity he's gotten from the chairman. I also like how you've portrayed the wild dynamax pokemon to be seriously dangerous, I mean in game you do have to fight them with 4 trainers, so it makes sense I suppose!

OOF SHAMROCK ANGST!! I'm glad we got to learn more about him, but owie, poor boy!! At least he has a good team now and nothing bad will ever happen to him again hahahahhaa right????? AND YESSS FEED ME MORE FLUSTER RAPH! HE CARES ABOUT THE TEAM DEEP DOWN!!

I like the design of the gym, giving the fish/water pokemon a terrain to battle in instead of having them just...float lol. And love the drizzile design!

AND I LOVE THIS PERRSERKER DESIGN BUT LIV I AM AFRAID
AAAAAAA
THANK YOUUU I'm so glad the lesbians have gotten a good reception because I love them a tonnn
Aaaa thank you!! Indeed, not a pleasant thought :c
Old grandpa angst indeed u_u but ehehehe thank you!! I'll never turn down the opportunity to have some self indulgent flustered Raph content
Ahaha yeah, thinking about the floating fish Pokemon in a more realistic battle setting is a bit silly, so gotta give em some room to move around!
THANK YOUUUU FERAL <33 its fiiiine I promise

we got lesbians being adorable
Tumble being a pure bean
more tumblexmarnie lols
Rapheal evolves
whats not to love?
Eyy! Thank you so much <33

Hey. Hey Liv. Did you know that if this page was split into 3 parts, each of them would still be considered humongous and absolutely gigantic? Well. TODAY WE FEAST

I'm glad we're getting a glimpse into the relationship of the best and most important canon couple Sonia & Nessa! The ways they look at each, so good ;v; <333

The montage of the passing days gives me life! ;v; Such a good time of training together, watching funney videos, gorging themselves on fries, Shamrock and Raph making up, watching the town be saved from AzuZilla.... Wait, one of these things is not like the others. 😬

Stephan is so precious, the scenes of him attempting exposure therapy with water and nuzzling Raph until he experiences emotions were hilarious!

The water battlefield is so epic, making a grand show of getting filled, and how the water surges against the walls the entire time. Love that!!

BIG RAPH BIG RAPH WOOOO HE LOOKS SO GOOD
sucks that he got stabbed in the nose and mouth by his anime delinquent twig while evolving, but I'm sure that will heal quickly and there are no other problems yes
Aaaa thank you!! That honestly helps ease the stress of updating slowly a lOT JSDAJKS
Nessa/Sonia is truly the best SWSH ship, I can and will die on this hill <33
Aww thank you!! Montages are so fun when you can get away with them! What's a little danger amongst good times with friends?
Heehee I'm glad to hear that!
BIG KITTY!! And yeah, know his bad boy persona would catch up to him someday, smh

LOOK AT THOSE LESBIANS YESSSS, gosh thats sweet i ship em too but i can imagine it must be hard to maintain that relationship

The wild dynamxing pokemon....gosh that is definitely a problem however Our kiddo and his team are very lucky things werent worse and that they're able to get some good training in.

THEN THERES SHAMROCK, POOR THING! There should be laws against just abandoning pokes like that

AHHHHHHHHHH EVOLUTION TIME YESSSSS
LES BEANS.... Thank you!! And yeah, unfortunately so ;;
For sure, glad his Pokemon have more brain cells than he does!!
Honestly agreed, the fact that you can just dump a living creature anywhere in the wild with no repercussions is honestly one of the darker things in the Pokemon series imo ;;
LESGOOOOO TIME TO LEARN HOW TO DRAW BIG KITTY CONSISTENTLY

BIG CAT BIG CAT BIG CAT
GIANT KITTY!!!

I love that Tumble is still star struck at the beginning of this page; it reminds us what a big deal that interaction was. Also ahhhhhhhhh, Nessa and Sonia my fav couple! I'm so glad to see them together here cause they're a fav for me, but I also adore the way you used their dating to further flesh out the world and the crud Gym Leaders have to go through. I do wonder what "she has a reputation" means here. Could it be general homophobia, or is it like Idol culture where they aren't supposed to be dating at all. 🤔 Also I really appreciate how Sonia handles this stressful situation. She really wants to impress the importance of this to Tumble, but also doesn't want to seem angry at him for honestly just trying to help. I really appreciate the nuance there.

Really cool to see Hop's battle presented as part of the training montage. Also: thank goodness, proper training! No getting into the gym with no training under their belt. I'm excited to see how it will pay off in the gym battle proper~! I think you did a great job on the montage section all around. Really gave that sense of hard work and team bonding that is really important to make the team feel like a family.

I gotta admit, coming out of the montage to the planning, and then having that interrupted with the consequences for taking on a dynamax pokemon unprepared... It hit hard. And you can see it in the team's reaction: everyone knows that could have been them even before Shamrock mentioned it. It's hard, but I'm glad Tumble is taking it hard: hopefully that stops him from doing it without thinking going forward.

Also, tragic backstory unlocked~! Though I adore Shamrock's way of accepting the past while looking forward to the future. It's really beautiful and a great way to look at the world in general. Also would be a great thing for the team to take away if anything happened to him just saying. I hope the whole team can take that outlook when if anything were to happen. Especially a certain jaded kitty cat. Also everyone climbing on Martin and the way he tried to support them until he couldn't anymore was really funny lol.

Props to Marnie for trying to do this without any help from the league; but god it's cruddy that players can get advantages like this at all anyway. Though now it makes more sense why being endorsed by big names makes such a difference and gives such bragging rights. It also makes me think of why Bede feels so sure of himself with Rose behind him- I can't imagine the perks that gets you.

Also with the gym battle here we're already seeing that training pay off with how fast Nessa's first mon goes down. Also that Drizzle design is so so so goooooooooood. And the introduction of some ice moves really messes with Tumble's strategy in an understandable ways. I know a move I didn't expect has scrambled my plans on the fly in some nuzlocke battles. I also appreciate Tumble respecting his mon's personality and knowing when he should call the shots and when they should. And it seems? to have paid off in an evolution! .... But there's blood. Liv. Why is there blood. Hello?? LIV????
AAAAA (HOLDS THIS COMMENT CLOSE TO MY CHEST AND CRIES) AAAAA TAILS I can't thank you enough for the lovely comments you read, it's always a pleasure seeing the pages dissected and analyzed just AAAAA it means the world to me! All I can say is that you're right on the money with a lot of these!! I'm really glad you enjoyed the page and thank you again <33

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
OwO indeed!!
JKDSAJKKDASKA oh man if that just. Doesn't sum up this boy's arc in a nutshell.
That is a very interesting question!! I'm glad you caught onto that, that'll definitely be explored later on!!
Aaaa yeah, turns out not all encouraging propaganda has great results... Honestly, Leon still operates on "if I believe hard enough and hit hard enough, type advantages be damned" logic.
It's fineee he's just channeling his inner "anime protag bleeding from the mouth/nose during battle"!
Thank you for the comment <33

Awww ;w; <33
JKDSADKJDASKD THE LESBIAN SONIA COMMENT GOT ME G OOD she radiates too much sapphic energy. She Cannot be stopped
Drawing the Hop/Tumble/Marnie trio hanging out is a delight because of the mental image of Bede being there five feet away uninvited. It may not be on screen, but it's there, trust me.
Aaaa honestly with how many SWSH adaptions take advantage of it, I honestly forget it's not canon too, ahaha. And thank you!! I'm really glad to har that, diversity in human casts is very important to me to show in works ;w; <33
Every character in this story has 99 problems and 95 of them are caused by capitalism u_u
A shame Marnie isn't aware of her status as a supporting character in a nuzlocke.
JKDSJKADSKDASLKDAS THIS GAVE ME A GOOD L AUGH Thank you for the comment!! <33

Thank you so much!! He was very fun to design :>

AAAAAAA
THANK YOUUU I'm so glad the lesbians have gotten a good reception because I love them a tonnn
Aaaa thank you!! Indeed, not a pleasant thought :c
Old grandpa angst indeed u_u but ehehehe thank you!! I'll never turn down the opportunity to have some self indulgent flustered Raph content
Ahaha yeah, thinking about the floating fish Pokemon in a more realistic battle setting is a bit silly, so gotta give em some room to move around!
THANK YOUUUU FERAL <33 its fiiiine I promise

Eyy! Thank you so much <33

Aaaa thank you!! That honestly helps ease the stress of updating slowly a lOT JSDAJKS
Nessa/Sonia is truly the best SWSH ship, I can and will die on this hill <33
Aww thank you!! Montages are so fun when you can get away with them! What's a little danger amongst good times with friends?
Heehee I'm glad to hear that!
BIG KITTY!! And yeah, know his bad boy persona would catch up to him someday, smh

LES BEANS.... Thank you!! And yeah, unfortunately so ;;
For sure, glad his Pokemon have more brain cells than he does!!
Honestly agreed, the fact that you can just dump a living creature anywhere in the wild with no repercussions is honestly one of the darker things in the Pokemon series imo ;;
LESGOOOOO TIME TO LEARN HOW TO DRAW BIG KITTY CONSISTENTLY

GIANT KITTY!!!

AAAAA (HOLDS THIS COMMENT CLOSE TO MY CHEST AND CRIES) AAAAA TAILS I can't thank you enough for the lovely comments you read, it's always a pleasure seeing the pages dissected and analyzed just AAAAA it means the world to me! All I can say is that you're right on the money with a lot of these!! I'm really glad you enjoyed the page and thank you again <33
seeing tumble frustrated after nessa giving him stern advice is very fitting for someone his age, I took things like that back then as well, also, dear god, I didn't realize raph's actual size when he evolved, what a monster

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
ooooooh DANG this was a great update, as usual! Seeing big boy Raph and Tumble working together is really neat, I'm glad they're starting to understand each other better!

I feel for Tumble getting scolded by Nessa there; I can absolutely see why he's pushing her advice away a little bit. I get the feeling that, even though Tumble is bad at accepting her advice, Nessa is also not the greatest at giving advice; she came off a little harsh.

also what are the gross hair boys doing here. what villainous things are they plotting.

gaaah the foreshadowing going on during the battle... top notch but also??? I am afraid. Starting to see a bit more of what Tumble's unown text deal is...

Malochroma

Pokemon Breeder
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A Pokemon breeder from Kalos, this young fellow survives his job on a diet of caffeine and sheer hardheadedness.
Holy shoot what a BIG KITTY. Your Perrserker design is amazing, I wanna bury my face in his floofy mane, he's so big.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Oh my goodness, Sordward and Shielbert! I didn't recognize them without the reality-defying hair!
cc5.jpg

I am going to go berserk over how floofy Perrserker!Raphael is. 😻

YlKM2YP.png

This isn't regular anger. This is advanced anger. advanced in that it advances angst

Gotta respect Nessa for putting her foot down about not leaving Raphael to flounder without guidance.

duo8e2s.png

Oh no. I know that color. :ohdear:

mI4arJ0.png

I love seeing the singing in the games get translated!

hstA7ac.png

raph hears how off-key the audience is

IiMocsx.png

New backstory approaches? 👀

BmoOt4G.png

I don't think the Unown like Dynamax. >_>

Oh no, Tumble, sweetie, you were so close to absorbing some good advice. 🥺

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
EXCELLENT BATTLE AND CLEVER USAGE OF THE ARENA

BUT BOY WAS I WORRIED THAT IT WOULD GO SOUTH FOR A MOMENT THERE PHEW

HARDEST PART ABOUT READING NUZLOCKES......THE INEVITABILITY OF WHEN THE OTHER SHOE DROPS

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Oooh I like this new style, especially the details of the hair/fur! And I like the thicker outer lines and thin inner lines too

I'm excited but also scared to see what role Swordward and Shielbert play in this, what villainous business shenanigans are they up to *squints*

WOOOOOWWW WHAT A GOOD BATTLE!! It had some ups and downs, epic ups, and very very scary downs. I can't get over this perserrker design, he's so BIG AND FLUFFY! I liked seeing him and Tumble work together to figure something out despite Raph's stubbornness. And man, I really thought that we were gonna lose Shamrock. Like, after the backstory stuff with him I was afraid it was some kinda of scary omen. Good thing Gloom is actually tanky as hell lol

It's good to see Tumble having struggles, even if it does also hurt seeing the boy upset :( that being said, Nessa also probably could have been a bit less harsh with her lecture. I know she means well and doesn't want anything bad to happen to Tumble or his team (and sister, we all agree there), but with the way she spoke to him it's not wonder he felt hurt and got defensive. I just reeeeaaally hope he will actually take her words into consideration and won't make any rash decisions that leads to somebody's death :'D

And I know I mentioned it in the 100 Day server, but who is this angry league staff member? Why are they so angry? Who hurt them?

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Wow quite a fight! Tumble getting scolded hurts but I love what it's setting up characterwise. He's had a couple of wins but still much to learn, and his handling of his team... Him and Raph were not on the same page for a lot of that fight and it showed. Which again I'm super loving to see because I love that storytelling-intertwining-with-the-action type stuff! The battle matters beyond cool showeyness, but there's still the coolness and hype amidst the conversation between characters and the action is part of the conversation and aaaah. Also I love that you illustrated in the chants of the crowd from the dynamax gym battle music. We all sang along while reading that at least I hope I'm not the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread