• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Bug Report General

Thread Description
Yes, I am aware of the irony of this.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Notifications of comments on statuses aren’t being dismissed after you click on them, like they usually are:

https://sta.sh%2F01m6ubtlezfl
You can still get rid of the notification if you click “mark read” but it’s pretty strange
I’ve noticed the same since the update, which tells me it’s just one of the many small changes that came with the forum software after we updated following the shutdown. Apologies, for the inconvenienc.

Hello, i want to acess the original comic for the backstory (http://www.nuzlocke.com/pokemonhardmode.php?p=1) but the page dosen't exist...
Heyo, you‘re actually looking for this link: http://www.nuzlocke.com/comics/pokemon-hard-mode/

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Reactions: Bug

Pasteldeity

aka Nonparael
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 27, 2021
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one having trouble with getting into the discord server, at least. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
So I just made a post and the timestamp at the top was dated "in 8 minutes" even though it showed the correct time when I hovered over it. Not sure if that's a glitch or what it is...

Edit: this post had the proper timestamp, so now I'm more confused...

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
So I can't seem to edit the extra spoiler boxes out from my thread D: Tried 4 times, no luck.
If you’re using the hr tag, it could be the culprit for these split up spoiler boxes

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Poison
the horizontal ruler/line/whatever it stands for; it's the one thatplaces very clear dividers between segments and is thus popular with people writing narrative content

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
My account appears to be ignoring content from a certain user, but when I look at my list of ignored users, that person is not on the list. If you need to know the name of the account that my account is inexplicably ignoring, I will message it to you.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Occasionally I’m not getting alerts to threads I watch—especially those in the festival plaza. All of my alert preferences seem to suggest that I should still be getting them anyways? It’s been happening since we updated the forum software

EDIT- also worth noting that I made one of the threads I haven't been getting notifications for (Hot Take). I'm not sure if that's handled differently by the back end, but it might be important here.

Last edited:

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
I've noticed TRUEgge's issue on my end as well, not with Festival Plaza (I don't believe I have any watched threads there), but with FCR - In particular, I've had a few threads stop alerting me entirely until I check the thread myself, usually after seeing it on the front page and going "Wait, I didn't get any notifs about new posts tho?", at which point I found several posts that I wasn't alerted to (in one case several weeks worth of updates, none of which were pushed through to my alerts).
It does seem to me to be an issue with the updated software, as this never occurred prior, though in my experience it seems to trigger with very little consistency - For instance, I was alerted to A Silly Lillielocke's update on September 27th, significantly after the software update, but I never got any alerts for later replies to the thread, despite having alerts on for "Replies to a watched thread". The one with several weeks worth of updates stopped alerting me in mid-September, and started alerting me again after I checked it at the start of this month.
Not sure if there's anything on the back end that might be causing these issues, since like I said, it seems pretty inconsistent, but I figured I'd add in the details of my experience as well in case they're helpful.

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Staring at an unfinished writing piece, probably
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
I think I’m having the same issue as Egge and Garnet. Didn’t get a notification on the Pokémafia thread which I know I watched. I believe I’m missing some notifs from runs I follow, as well, but it’s inconsistent as to which ones. I know I am getting updates consistently from Ashes of Glory, but I have been missing updates from pouch creatures dark difficult version.

However, I joined after the update, so I can’t say if this is due to the new software or not. Either ways, adding in my experience with this. Hopefully it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread